Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With The Combine Coming Up... Luck Or Rg3

40yd dash, shuttle, vertical leap, and otherwise all other athletic areas will be RG3.

Even in the QB accuracy drills, it's 50/50, because you're throwing to receivers you have no chemistry with, and trainers literally tell QB's just to throw it to a designated zone and just let the WR's go after it. If the WR can't get it, it's mostly the WR's fault, so it wouldn't shock me if RG3 also beats Luck in that department.

At the end of the day though, even if RG3 beats out Luck in every category, Luck is still the winner because he possesses the intangibles the draft can't evaluate... leadership, no-huddle organization, and pro-style experience. It's just a matter of how much RG3 beats out Luck that will tip the odds.

Thanks superman, i guess I should of said "who are the COLTS going to draft...Luck or RG3" as it really does pertain to us and our pick.

I like RG3 but I am afraid he will be hurt often like Vick running outside the pocket. Luck looks like he can take a few hits and he doesn't look like hes sliding feet first anytime soon.

Intangables aside, Stanton lost their last game. Even though it wasn't on Luck, one has to wonder.

Intangables aside, Stanton lost their last game. Even though it wasn't on Luck, one has to wonder.

Depending on how you see it, the fact he lost his last game could be considered a good thing. The loss could make him hungry for success and motivate him to realize nothing in life is guaranteed, no matter how well you play the QB position. Peyton Manning also lost his final college game, so it makes you wonder if that further ignited Peyton's competitive spirit that we still see today.

Thanks superman, i guess I should of said "who are the COLTS going to draft...Luck or RG3" as it really does pertain to us and our pick.

I like RG3 but I am afraid he will be hurt often like Vick running outside the pocket. Luck looks like he can take a few hits and he doesn't look like hes sliding feet first anytime soon.

Stanford

and even though they lost, it was one of Lucks best games of the season

Stanford may have lost their last game, but Luck only had about 5 incomplete passes for the entire game and was perfect in the 4th quarter...he put the team in position to win multiple times in that game, but had the NCAA verson of Vanderjerk vs the Steelers

Ive seen luck make the possesaion passes, but ive seen RG3 and Casey Keenum make them all and to suggest that Luck can read deffenses and other cant or that hes smarter is ludicrous,is he talented yes.Is he the best in the draft i seriously doubt it,just going off what ive seen and ive watched them all quite a bit

My goodness.

First, how in the world do you get Stanton out of Stanford? That is not a typo - I am not sure what it is but it ain't good.

Secondly, WTH is their to wonder about with Luck's last game? He was freaking 27 of 31. In an entire game he missed 4 passes. And the reason they lost is that their kicker chocked several times after Luck got them into position. It had nothing to do with Luck.

I think Luck is overated , I like RG3 and Casey Keenum better 9 tds in 1 game i think 532yds hit on all types of passes,RG3 is very intelegent think he will only run when he has too,and think he is smart enough to slide,Lol seems everyone for the most part wants to base opinion on media hype,not nessesarly the SMART thing to do.i watched all three,and they all have talent i just feel some have a bigger upside

I think RG3 might get the best rookie season of the two in terms of big plays, but I think Luck is going to be the best in the long run.

In my opinion Luck would also fit the Colts much better, because he is more like PM. With RG3 the Colts would have to change the offense a little.

Luck can take a hit and is pretty athletic himself.

I never said Luck couldnt take a hit but being an ELITE qb isnt about taking hits. As far as being "athletic" he isnt getting away from any DE/OLBers in our dvision aside from Kampman if hes still with the jags

I never said Luck couldnt take a hit but being an ELITE qb isnt about taking hits. As far as being "athletic" he isnt getting away from any DE/OLBers in our dvision aside from Kampman if hes still with the jags

Part of it is, it's called staying healthy.

The elite pass rushers like... Connor Barwin? And then who?

Super Mario is leaving your division, the Jags best pass rusher was a 1 year wonder in a contract year and the Titans best pass rushes are defensive tackles.

I think Luck who runs a 4.6 could out run them if needed.

RG3 is most likely going to light up the combine and make the decision even tougher for the Colts. I will be interested to see how much Luck paticipates though since he has the most to lose. The way i look at it is RG3 has the most upside of any QB ever for how strong and accurate he is and can run in the low 4.4s. On the other hand Luck is probably the most pro ready prospect at the QB position and is good in all phases of the game. What i want to see from RG3 is how comfortable he is taking snaps from under center and if he's capable of running an offense like Luck. From what i've heard RG3 is extremely smart and even though people try to knock him on this maybe he is really good at both. I guess we will soon find out.

Luck is actually surprisingly mobile. He outran defenses a few times in college. Did someone say "Casey" Keenum is better than Luck, really???

Exactly, Case Keenum is Colt Brennan 2.0. A product of a pass happy spread system who pads stats against inferior competition. Very similar to all of the Texas Tech and Hawaii QB's who put up monster stats but don't necessarily translate to the league.

Exactly, Case Keenum is Colt Brennan 2.0. A product of a pass happy spread system who pads stats against inferior competition. Very similar to all of the Texas Tech and Hawaii QB's who put up monster stats but don't necessarily translate to the league.

Exactly right. These QB friendly system guys never succeed in the NFL. Colt Brennan and Graham Harrell never did anything in the pros, and I think Kellen Moore and Case Keenum will be next.

Dude, you need to be a fan of the Browns, cause that's whos trading in their chips for RG3 (we all know how well trading up for bust QB's works out for the Browns, lol). If i were the Browns i definitely wouldn't do that for RG3. He's not worthy of 2 1st round picks. He is a running QB. I'd much rather call him VY2 than RG3... Vince Young 2

exactly. I'm leaning towards Luck, but I would hate to have a guy who retouched Andrew Luck into a Colts Jersey on his forum avatar make that decision. I'll leave it up to Grigs.

He's just a smart fan that see's the future of the franchise. Nothing wrong with that. It's better than the sad pathetic Peyton-in-denial fans we have on this forum.

Exactly right. These QB friendly system guys never succeed in the NFL. Colt Brennan and Graham Harrell never did anything in the pros, and I think Kellen Moore and Case Keenum will be next.

Right on. I also find it ludicrous that some people on this forum think Kellen Moore is going to be the next Drew Brees. Boise State QB's are only good at college football...and even then, college football doesn't even respect Boise State. lol O.o

RG3 is most likely going to light up the combine and make the decision even tougher for the Colts. I will be interested to see how much Luck paticipates though since he has the most to lose. The way i look at it is RG3 has the most upside of any QB ever for how strong and accurate he is and can run in the low 4.4s. On the other hand Luck is probably the most pro ready prospect at the QB position and is good in all phases of the game. What i want to see from RG3 is how comfortable he is taking snaps from under center and if he's capable of running an offense like Luck. From what i've heard RG3 is extremely smart and even though people try to knock him on this maybe he is really good at both. I guess we will soon find out.

It doesn't matter what RG3 does at the combine. It has no effect on the Luck vs. RG3. We are taking Luck. Let the other teams take the risk on RG3.

He's just a smart fan that see's the future of the franchise. Nothing wrong with that. It's better than the sad pathetic Peyton-in-denial fans we have on this forum.

I don't see any of those "sad pathetic Peyton-in-denial" fans in this thread, because it's about Luck and RG3. Who are you arguing against? BleedingBlue agreed with what Andrewluck12 said, he was cracking a joke that Andrewluck12 should be no exception.

I doubt Luck even throws at the combine he doesnt want to go head to head against RG3 bank on that

They are going head to head, both players Pro day is on the same day.

Luck is so superior to RG3 it is not even close. Watch Baylor highlights, RG3 throws to "wide open" recievers the majority of the time. He was also throwing to the second rated WR in the draft. And he was facing Big 12 D's. Who are not good....

If onw watches both with an unbiased mind Luck is simply the better QB, not athlete.

And keep in mind, Luck runs 4.7 40.... Cam ran a 4.6, just sayin...