Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With The Combine Coming Up... Luck Or Rg3

Exactly, Case Keenum is Colt Brennan 2.0. A product of a pass happy spread system who pads stats against inferior competition. Very similar to all of the Texas Tech and Hawaii QB's who put up monster stats but don't necessarily translate to the league.

ummm, RG3 plays in a spread O that plays in the same conf. as Texas Tech ......

So what is the diff?

ummm, RG3 plays in a spread O that plays in the same conf. as Texas Tech ......

So what is the diff?

I didn't say anything about RG3 did I? This was in reference to Case Keenum. All the guys that played for Texas Tech under the Mike Leach system,names like Kliff Kingsbury, Graham Harrell, Sonny Cumbie, guys that threw for record breaking yardage in the Big 12 but are obviously not league material. They just plug QB's into that system and they get production. You could probably look back on these forums and somebody probably said, we should draft Colt Brennan or Graham Harrell because they threw for X amount of yards. There is a reason most guys from systems like that are 7th round picks and more often suited for the arena league.

I didn't say anything about RG3 did I? This was in reference to Case Keenum. All the guys that played for Texas Tech under the Mike Leach system,names like Kliff Kingsbury, Graham Harrell, Sonny Cumbie, guys that threw for record breaking yardage in the Big 12 but are obviously not league material. They just plug QB's into that system and they get production. You could probably look back on these forums and somebody probably said, we should draft Colt Brennan or Graham Harrell because they threw for X amount of yards. There is a reason most guys from systems like that are 7th round picks and more often suited for the arena league.

You just made what will be the arguement against RG3.... that and when they measure his height I suspect he will be a lot shorter than 6' 2"... and smaller than 220... Combine numbers are not exclusive to arm strength and 40 time.

You just made what will be the arguement against RG3.... that and when they measure his height I suspect he will be a lot shorter than 6' 2"... and smaller than 220... Combine numbers are not exclusive to arm strength and 40 time.

I can see what you are saying. I personally do not think RG3 will be able to duplicate his success at the next level but I would say that he is a better prospect than the guys that I mentioned. Baylor isn't exactly Texas Tech in terms of the "plug and play" QB spread. They weren't exactly good until this year which can lead to the one year wonder factor. However, unlike those Tech teams he did beat the upper echelon Big 12 defenses like OU and Texas and has the athletic intangibles that are all the rage.

I think another factor that is not talked about much is what team takes either of these 2...

The Colts hire of Ariens, I think sets in stone either the drafting of Luck or keeping Manning or both.

But RG3, IMO, needs to go to team that is committed to the run if he is to play early. I think Washington would be the perfect fit for him. Shanny likes mobile QB's, he loves bootlegs and waggles, and his teams always run the ball ALOT.

One QB I think everyone is selling short is Russel Wilson.. if he were 6' 2" or so he would be neck and neck with Luck and RG3 in the QB talk... that said I think whoever lands this player will get a steal...

I can't wait to see how this all finally goes down...

All you RG3 Lovers, go to this link...At the 2nd chart down, you will realize WHY RG3 is going to be a bust. He is 20% Completion Pct. on 3rd down pressure and has a 15.1 QB Rating. That is pathetic. In the NFL every down is going to feel like a college pressure 3rd down. With this data, it proves finally WHY RG3 is a complete BUST!!!!!!

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/09000d5d8271ef60/article/hot-100-top-prospects-hold-steady-heading-to-combine