Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

39 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What's your prediction for Monday? I think Warriors win but I can see it being close. I think it will be cool seeing Durant winning a Ring and his mother there with him celebrating.

I can't see it being close. Unless Kyrie scores 60, it's a massacre. But Kyrie is honestly capable of that. That guy is so good. If he weren't on LeBron's team, I would love Kyrie Irving. I may have to get some Kyrie shoes. Play my first summer league game tomorrow. Might have to debut some new kicks haha. Curry 4 comes out in the fall so I'll obviously get those too

• Like 2

Random thought. You guys like the 2-2-1-1-1 format for the finals? I feel lile advantage goes to the lower seed? Or am i crazy? Just thinl if the cavs win game 5 they get to go home for game 6 and then anything can happen game 7. If it was 2-3-2 Cavs would get game 5. Then have to win 2 in a row back to back on the road. Am i crazy?

• Like 2

On 6/9/2017 at 7:28 PM, Luck is Good said:

If the Pacers were gonna fire Frank Vogel, they should've gotten someone from outside the staff. Promoting McMillan was so ridiculous

It was to placate Paul George. He has been basically Paul's go to guy on the staff since he came into the league. But it does nothing for improving the team.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Random thought. You guys like the 2-2-1-1-1 format for the finals? I feel lile advantage goes to the lower seed? Or am i crazy? Just thinl if the cavs win game 5 they get to go home for game 6 and then anything can happen game 7. If it was 2-3-2 Cavs would get game 5. Then have to win 2 in a row back to back on the road. Am i crazy?

Yes you're crazy haha. The 2-2-1-1-1 format definitely favors the higher seeded team. It'd be much tougher to win two straight at home down 3-2 instead of Games 5 and 7 at home

10 minutes ago, dgambill said:

It was to placate Paul George. He has been basically Paul's go to guy on the staff since he came into the league. But it does nothing for improving the team.

And that's a big error. You don't run a franchise to appease one player. You have to build a team that values team basketball

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

And that's a big error. You don't run a franchise to appease one player. You have to build a team that values team basketball

Lebron created this entitlement culture. If you don't give me what I want or who I want to play with I'll take my ball and leave. First to Miami and now with Cleveland he holds them hostage with 1 and 2 yr contracts. So now Paul says I'm a big deal...Pacers should give me what I want. Get rid of this guy and this guy...sign this guy and bring back Lance and I want this guy to coach me. It isn't good for the franchise. It's a horrible prescident to set. Time will tell what happens with this team. Honestly Paul should tell Pritchard to focus on putting some young talent around him. Lebron has the East wrapped up for next couple years and then we should see someone make a run.

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Lebron created this entitlement culture. If you don't give me what I want or who I want to play with I'll take my ball and leave. First to Miami and now with Cleveland he holds them hostage with 1 and 2 yr contracts. So now Paul says I'm a big deal...Pacers should give me what I want. Get rid of this guy and this guy...sign this guy and bring back Lance and I want this guy to coach me. It isn't good for the franchise. It's a horrible prescident to set. Time will tell what happens with this team. Honestly Paul should tell Pritchard to focus on putting some young talent around him. Lebron has the East wrapped up for next couple years and then we should see someone make a run.

And do I think it's a coincidence that PG thinks this way? No because he idolizes LeBron and is buddy buddy with him. I think the only chance of keeping PG is to add Gordon Hayward in FA. Him with PG, Myles, Teague, Lance and Thad could compete in the East

• Like 1

Was thinking about trade scenarios outside of the clear Bos/LA ones and was wondering what people thought of this one. I think it works for both teams and I think Paul would be willing to re-sign there.

Miami trades Winslow, Richardson, and Johnson plus #14 pick for PG and maybe a throw in player perhaps Young or something. Miami is where Paul's GF is from and and intriguing venue plus has Hof running it. You have Dragic, PG, Whiteside and cap space to add some more players (Milsap) because they have 38 million in cap space. I think Paul would resign there and could compete for championship there.

Pacers don't get that lauded top pick but they get 3 nice young pieces that played well last year and ascending plus #14 to pair with #18 which could turn into Collins, Anouby, Kenard several nice pieces. We don't have that superstar but a team full of young talent and maybe we sign one in free agency in a year or two or one emerges. Don't get me wrong I'd rather have number 1 or 2 pick plus a couple talented youngsters but since we may have lost leverage this might be best we can get. Who knows maybe move one of those players plus one of the picks to get in top 10...maybe a team like NY wanting young assets or more picks might make a move. Point is there are options out there I believe and we don't have to take a bad trade.

8 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

And do I think it's a coincidence that PG thinks this way? No because he idolizes LeBron and is buddy buddy with him. I think the only chance of keeping PG is to add Gordon Hayward in FA. Him with PG, Myles, Teague, Lance and Thad could compete in the East

Which is a Hail Mary...I would love it but I don't think it can happen.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

It's definitely a Hail Mary but one that needs to be attempted

Oh I agree...but you have to be prepared to about face and turn from all in to trade quickly if you see it won't work. I think you have only a few pieces you can target to satisfy PG to stay and you have to be ready to move on quickly if they don't work out. Biggest reason I don't see Hayward signing here...he has no assurance PG is going to stay. PG would have to sign say a one year extension or opt in to his 18 season to show good faith to Gordon...and I don't see that happening.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Oh I agree...but you have to be prepared to about face and turn from all in to trade quickly if you see it won't work. I think you have only a few pieces you can target to satisfy PG to stay and you have to be ready to move on quickly if they don't work out. Biggest reason I don't see Hayward signing here...he has no assurance PG is going to stay. PG would have to sign say a one year extension or opt in to his 18 season to show good faith to Gordon...and I don't see that happening.

I agree if he doesn't come here that the Pacers need to quickly go into trade mode. Where I disagree is Hayward would have no assurance on PG. If Hayward becomes a Pacer, a large part will be due to Paul George. There is no way Paul would persuade Hayward to come to Indianapolis and bail on him after just a year

6 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I agree if he doesn't come here that the Pacers need to quickly go into trade mode. Where I disagree is Hayward would have no assurance on PG. If Hayward becomes a Pacer, a large part will be due to Paul George. There is no way Paul would persuade Hayward to come to Indianapolis and bail on him after just a year

PG would have to guarantee that 18 season before it could even be an option but I could see PG bounce on Hayward. PG loyalty is only to himself...we've seen how he treats his teammates already...I wouldn't put anything past him. Which is why I don't trust him to stay AT ALL unless we put another all star on this team with him this year. No matter what he says about staying.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

PG would have to guarantee that 18 season before it could even be an option but I could see PG bounce on Hayward. PG loyalty is only to himself...we've seen how he treats his teammates already...I wouldn't put anything past him. Which is why I don't trust him to stay AT ALL unless we put another all star on this team with him this year. No matter what he says about staying.

Which is why Gordon Hayward is the perfect player to get. He would be the perfect complement to PG and could convince him that the best thing would be to stay

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Well, the 2-3-2 came about, I think because of the 76ers and Lakers meeting up in the NBA Finals often and we had an energy crisis, was that the true reason?

Plus, no team, down 0-2, in the 2-3-2 format, ever came back to win it, would that be an accurate statement? I think so. 

We will see how this one plays out. I still feel that there is no way the Cavs can win this series, just don't see it.

• Like 1

On June 1, 2017 at 10:34 PM, oldunclemark said:

Its done.........ABC is bumping the postgame show to run 'Agents of Shield'

Yeah, I noticed that. When re-runs are used as programming filler that's never a good sign for the network that owns the broadcasting rights. I have no pony in this race, but Kevin Durant is a good dude so if he gets his 1st ring I'm cool with it. 

The only thing I''m gonna regret is Skip Bayless bloviating about how LeBron James will never surpass Jordan's legacy for an eternity now. Oh happy joy [sarcasm]. Besides, I like Shannon Sharpe on "Undisputed" & all his words of wisdom from his grandmother & father. "I see better than I hear." Meaning you tell me 1 thing & I see you doing nothing or at least not what you promised me you would do for me. Lead by actions not empty words. Shannon Sharpe is so much better than Stephen A Smith. He's calm, cool, & collected. And he doesn't preach or shout like Smith did on ESPN all the time. A refreshing change IMO. 

Hey there Gramz, 

The only reason I entered this thread was to see what you were up to & say hello. Did you update your profile picture? I like it. I hope life is treating you well. Your whole family actually. Welcome back! You were missed...By me anyway. 

Sorry, I don't mean to sidetrack this Finals thread. I'm done now. 

• Like 2

On June 10, 2017 at 6:31 PM, NFLfan said:

haha Just asking questions to get some clarity. I just never understood the hate for the guy. 

I realize that you directed your reply to 2006CBE not me, but I do agree with you NFLfan that Lebron faces a lot of unwarranted backlash over picking Jordan's same jersey number & the chalk toss MJ his idol used to do back in the day that James used to replicate a lot before games. I'm not an avid NBA watcher so I can't say with certainty if he even does the chalk thing anymore. LeBron used to flop a lot on the court for calls in his favor early in his career. Some guy on You Tube did a NBA flopping skit with his high school buddies mocking this trend by him. It was pretty darn funny I gotta say. 

James's HOF legacy is secure just by winning a ring last season in Cleveland. He's a smart, well read man with a kind soul who helps out members of the Ohio community by sending them to college if they work hard, study, & earn good grades. I felt horrible for his family over the racial slur printed on his front gate. We've come so far as a society & yet sadly; not far enough apparently. There are good people out there of every race, religion, & gender though & LeBron knows that. Shortsighted fools ruin it for everybody else though unfortunately as you are well aware my friend. 

Don't get me started on the crybaby at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue either. Oy Vey! I know; I know. I'll stop before I get myself in trouble. LOL! 

• Like 1

The other thing about strong animosity toward a player of LeBron's stature [I mean fame, money, & influence not height] is that after awhile segments of society wants to see celebrities fall just to see the redemption project take place & make them a sympathetic figure to root for again. It's this strange abnormal relationship where some people enjoy seeing the mighty fall & struggle to regain a foothold again. 

Part of it is jealousy over his bank account, pitch man status, & movie career while others struggle to make ends meet. Me? More power to Mr. James & congratulations on all your success & financial security for several generations. At least, LeBron uses his clout & money in noble ways. I admire that. If I was in his position, I'd do the exact same thing. 

2 hours ago, southwest1 said:

The other thing about strong animosity toward a player of LeBron's stature [I mean fame, money, & influence not height] is that after awhile segments of society wants to see celebrities fall just to see the redemption project take place & make them a sympathetic figure to root for again. It's this strange abnormal relationship where some people enjoy seeing the mighty fall & struggle to regain a foothold again. 

Part of it is jealousy over his bank account, pitch man status, & movie career while others struggle to make ends meet. Me? More power to Mr. James & congratulations on all your success & financial security for several generations. At least, LeBron uses his clout & money in noble ways. I admire that. If I was in his position, I'd do the exact same thing. 

I am not a LeBron fan but I think he is a Top 10 player of all-time and I never count him out of any series either. I picked the Warriors to win in 7 before It started so nothing would surprise me with him. I know how Great he is. Warriors better come out like they want it early otherwise LeBron and Kyrie will gain even more confidence. If it goes 6, it will go 7 IMO.

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:08 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's just a matter of preference too for many people on what players they like or dislike. I can ask the same question about Peyton, why would anyone hate him? But people do. Peyton was a player that never got in trouble with the law while a Pro, seems to be a great father, and look at what he has done for the city of Indianapolis regarding the Children's Hospital, etc.. Peyton only won 2 SB's so it wasn't even like he was winning every season to get on peoples nerves. Yet I have ran across a lot of people that I have chatted with on the Internet over the years that don't like him, think he is overrated, etc..

One of the problems is people don't like their all time favorite players to get knocked out of positions they think they are in. At one time I thought Dr. J was the best I had even seen personally. Dr. J was doing the things Jordan did long before Jordan did. Jordan perfected it.

That is only an example of what I was trying to say.

Saying who was the GOAT of basketball is like saying who was the GOAT of football. It is impossible because opinions very so much. What is everyone's opinion of what makes a GOAT? Is it titles? Is it scoring? Is it all around player? Does era's enter the picture?

One thing for sure there have been so many players who can enter the picture as being in the conversation it is mind boggling.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Luck is Good said:

Yes you're crazy haha. The 2-2-1-1-1 format definitely favors the higher seeded team. It'd be much tougher to win two straight at home down 3-2 instead of Games 5 and 7 at home

But im talking about now. With warriors up 3-1 if this was 2-3-2 format. Cavs would get one more at home, if they were to win. Warriors would be up 3-2 going home for two. Thats not better? 

18 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

But im talking about now. With warriors up 3-1 if this was 2-3-2 format. Cavs would get one more at home, if they were to win. Warriors would be up 3-2 going home for two. Thats not better? 

No I don't think so. Cavs would have all the momentum winning two straight on their home court. As we all know, momentum can travel

Game 5 tonight.  Warriors close it out!  I predicted Warriors in 5 and I am sticking to it!  I've been on vacation the past week so haven't had time to post.  I'll say I haven't been surprised by the outcomes.  I figured Golden State would blow out the Cavs in the first two, Cleveland would win 1 in Cleveland(I figured they'd have one good killer shooting game) and the Warriors would squeak out a close one in Cleveland.  We'll see what happens tonight but I think the Warriors win, it won't be a  blowout though. 

On 6/4/2017 at 11:14 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

LeBron is the GOAT don't worry lmao. He will do it, LeBron can do it, if he cant do it nobody can haha. It's funny, I guess it's ok to bandwagon on LeBron's boat but if you want the Warriors you are just a bandwagoner. There wasn't one person that was a Cavs fan until LeBron went back there, you turds are cute. It doesn't matter this series proves he isn't near the frunkin GOAT just like I have Posted for months. 3-5 3-5 3-5 3-5 

I will say most Warriors fans are bang wagon fans but 99.9% of Cavs fans are band wagons fans(they liked the Cavs from 04-10 then again from 14 to present lol).  A true Warriors fan would be able to name a few different Warriors players from the early 90's,  mid 90's, late 90's and early-mid 2000's.  I am not even a Warriors fan and I can name, Tim Hardaway, Mitch Richmond, Chris Mullen, Chris Webber, Chris Gatling, Joe Smith, Jason Richardson, Baron Davis, Stephen Jackson and Matt Barnes.  Most Warriors fans couldn't name any unless they are true Warriors fans which I don't think many of those exist anymore haha.  Cavs fans have no room to talk though.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not a LeBron fan but I think he is a Top 10 player of all-time and I never count him out of any series either. I picked the Warriors to win in 7 before It started so nothing would surprise me with him. I know how Great he is. Warriors better come out like they want it early otherwise LeBron and Kyrie will gain even more confidence. If it goes 6, it will go 7 IMO.

I get that. You can still not like a franchise superstar personally & still believe a guy is legitimately talented in his own right. Just like I detest the Cowboys organization as a whole, but I know that Dak Prescott is supremely talented & probably will win a ring someday. It better not happen before Luck does it or against him the SB though or SW1 will have to take an extended holiday from the forum for awhile. haha

I get it. An NBA fan can believe that Lebron gets too many passes by the refs & is considered a media darling which means they tend to downplay his loses in the Finals all true. 

3 hours ago, Luck is Good said:

This * is ending tonight

Tell me how you really feel!!! :D

No one goes undefeated in NBA playoffs history, that is the happiest part for me so far. It takes a bit of the shine off for a whole bunch of Lebron haters who wanted his team humiliated.

It is what it is. 

• Like 1

On 6/10/2017 at 11:55 AM, NFLfan said:

You realize that LeBron was not the first to do that?? I could think of Shaq who left the Magic to go to the Lakers. Did you dislike him? I cannot recall the circumstances under which Garnett left the Timberwolves but he left them high and dry.  (I was not following the NBA much then.) I am sure there are other examples. I don't have time today to think about it or do the reasearch.

I hated Lebron for his unceremonious departure to Miami but have been able to let go of it once he went back to Cleveland. Harboring bitterness for too long is not worth my time, makes you miss out on things you would have otherwise seen, it applies to every facet of life. I have come around to see what a great QB Brady is too, much to the chagrin of fans around here. :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 21isSuperman said:

Tim Donaghy claims the NBA Finals are rigged and will go to a game 6

haha why not go for 7.  

Seriously,  I've heard others saying this same thing,  insinuating it's all about the $$$$$

16 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Hey there Gramz, 

The only reason I entered this thread was to see what you were up to & say hello. Did you update your profile picture? I like it. I hope life is treating you well. Your whole family actually. Welcome back! You were missed...By me anyway. 

Sorry, I don't mean to sidetrack this Finals thread. I'm done now. 

Thanks SW1.  I'll be around more once the season starts.  We've been really busy with our music, which I guess is a good thing. And, yes, new photo from Ron''s big b'day bash last week. :P

• Like 2

Warriors better win tonight. If not I wouldn't be shocked if it goes to 7 games, I doubt the Cavs would lose game 6 on their home floor. 

I think the Warriors will win tonight though. But I expect it to be a close game. The winner will only win by 5-6 points IMO. 

1 hour ago, 21isSuperman said:

Tim Donaghy claims the NBA Finals are rigged and will go to a game 6

Coming from the guy who completely screwed over the Kings back in the day against the Lakers haha.  I don't think it matters in game 5, I think the Warriors will beat the Cavs and the officiating.  I guess we'll see!

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

I hated Lebron for his unceremonious departure to Miami but have been able to let go of it once he went back to Cleveland. Harboring bitterness for too long is not worth my time, makes you miss out on things you would have otherwise seen, it applies to every facet of life. :) 

I agree completely. Harboring feelings of bitterness and rancor is not healthy for anyone. Some folks outright hate LeBron. I think had he stayed in Cleveland the first time, these folks would still dislike him. LeBron can do nothing right in their eyes. He can save a drowning baby and they would find something to criticize. :facepalm:

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

I agree completely. Harboring feelings of bitterness and rancor is not healthy for anyone. Some folks outright hate LeBron. I think had he stayed in Cleveland the first time, these folks would still dislike him. LeBron can do nothing right in their eyes. He can save a drowning baby and they would find something to criticize. :facepalm:

I was a fan of LeBron before he left Cleveland. That is the only reason why I dislike him, that and the constant GOAT talk by the media and his fan base - but that isn't LeBron's fault but it does get old when you follow Basketball like I do. Anyway the Warriors better not screw around tonight and treat this like a Game 7 or this will be a series scary one at that. Losing the other night was no big deal, Warriors were due for a loss and I don't think anyone picked the Warriors to sweep. They lose tonight though, we have a series.