Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

People keep saying Vic shouldn't of shot the last shot, that was Goal Tending on LeBron but as usual nothing was called. That changes the whole dynamic of the game at the end if we are up 2.

To be fair, that one call where LeBron was called out of bounds was called incorrectly. Thad Young was actually the one who last touched it. 

3 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

People need to understand that stars are going to get calls. How have we not learned that yet. It is not just LeBron. He finished outside the top ten in free throws attempted and he played every game. Guys like Harden, AD, Giannis, Westbrook and others get just as many calls.

I dint care about those calls I'm over the 45 missed offensive fouls 

1 minute ago, Douzer said:

I think Nate will adjust the back court rotation and extend minutes to Joseph. I also believe Booker doesn't match up well in this series and Nate need to look at his bench for another option.

I thought we'd see Glenn Robinson because the Cavs play a very small lineup

..and you're right...Joseph has played well and Collison cant even get by 78 year old Jose Calderon

I want a 7th game Sunday in Cleveland.....

..I just dont believe they are the better team......and Vic cant keep missing

1 minute ago, Malakai432 said:

Lol I really hope the Jazz close out OKC.  That would be hilarious 4-1.  I’m sure many fans thought they had a super team with PG and Mellow teaming up with Westbrook.

wow,,.Utah up 39-29 early..........Paul George could be out before the Pacers are

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

Before the goal tend I wish they would have called that foul on Kyle Korver when he hit Oladipo on the hand on the drive. That would have at least gave us a chance to shoot at the buzzer.

Yeah that ending was a real bummer. It's been such a Good season and entertaining season and to lose like that in a pivotal Game 5 is sickening. I am going to try to keep my mind off of this but I am at work so it will bug me all night.

1 hour ago, MTC said:

Oh my god. They had a foul to give. :facepalm:

That is just poor planning/coaching. 

First of all..you probably cant review a call that was not made.

Secondly. Do you really want to foul LeBron in Cleveland inside 3 seconds?

I would not have .   If he swings his arms up...its 3 shots.  Do you think they call it?

OKC was behind 71-46 in the 3rd quarter..and they have rallied to tie the game...incredible

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

First of all..you cant review a call that was not made.

Secondly. Do you really want to foul LeBron in Cleveland inside 3 seconds

I would not have .   If he swings his arms up...its 3 shots.

OKC was behind 71-46 in the 3rd quarter..and they have rallied to tie the game...incredible

I see that, they were down 25 and now it's 78-78!

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I highly doubt we win on Friday now. I have been positive throughout this whole thing and even have said I think we can Game 7 in Cleveland but losing like that is demoralizing. The media will get what they want, LeBron staying alive and advancing lmao.

We've been close all series.....LBJ has to get 40 to beat us...

I think we'll be Okay Friday....

If Victor plays his normal game..we win tonight

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I don't know, who knows? We seem to be getting the short end of the stick from the REFS in all of these games in the last 2 minutes so I am not getting my hopes up.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't know, who knows? We seem to be getting the short end of the stick from the REFS in all of these games in the last 2 minutes so I am not getting my hopes up.

I havent given up......we win game 6..and we're back in Cleveland Sunday afternoon...

We're healthy. They're not......we can a least win our last home game

I think we have a Good team but they are very young = Dipo, Turner, Sabonis so if we lose this series it's understandable. This experience against LeBron in Playoff play should go a long way come next season. I hope we keep everyone and can add maybe 1 Good Free Agent. I think Dipo will be even better next year, he is learning how tough the Playoffs are. The untouchable players we need to keep are Dipo/Turner/Sabonis/Bogdanovic/Lance.

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not giving up either but the REFS are starting to DEFLATE ME. I can only take so much.

I hear you

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

OKC now up 96-91. If they win this game, that is a game series changer after being down 25! They will still be down 3-2 but IMO they have a more talented team and Game 7 at home if they win Game 6.

Westbrook with 45..Paul George with 34..

.....I agree....OKC can still win this...I mean..Utah was up 3-1 and up 25 points in the 3rd quarter..

Its not over

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think we have a Good team but they are very young = Dipo, Turner, Sabonis so if we lose this series it's understandable. This experience against LeBron in Playoff play should go a long way come next season. I hope we keep everyone and can add maybe 1 Good Free Agent. I think Dipo will be even better next year, he is learning how tough the Playoffs are. The untouchable players we need to keep are Dipo/Turner/Sabonis/Bogdanovic/Lance.

Lets not get to next year just yet

3 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I do not understand why Darren Collison is having such a tough time

There is no way Jose Calderon should be guarding Darren Collison...No way.

DC hasn't been the same since the knee surgery We missed a lot of free throws again 

48 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Lets not get to next year just yet

We really have been helping the Cavs I think this series has always been going 7 If we'd play like we played all season.... although free throws have been an ongoing issue they aren't quit as costly in the regular season

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, akcolt said:

It's getting to be too much I didn't want to be that guy but wth the block was clearly a goal tend and the shot is totally different down 2 This is total crap and they are celebrating his shot what a joke 

-This is exactly why I didn't want to play them in Round 1. People think I just hate on LeBron to hate on him but he gets away with everything and his fanbase is beyond annoying. I have been reading comments on ESPN on their Game Thread and the Cavs fans are like GOAT GOAT GOAT. Most are even saying that LeBron's Block on Oladipo wasn't Goaltending. Not only was it Goaltending, Oladipo was actually Fouled by Korver. LeBron fans are actually thrilled to be up 3-2 against us when most of them were saying sweep before the series started. In their 3 wins against us, they have won by 3, 4, and 3 lmao. They will get destroyed in the Finals if they make it that far. I follow people's comments a lot and what the media says so to me it gets nauseating. I am done doing that after tonight. I am not even watching ESPN tomorrow at all. I am leaving it on the NFL Channel all day because they will talk Football only and the Draft.

-I mean almost everyone in the media picked the Cavs to sweep or win in 5 and the Cavs acted like they won the Championship when LeBron hit that shot. Their fans too. The Pacers are a Good team but have arguably only 1 borderline Superstar that is Dipo, the rest of our guys are Good Role players that the average fan has never heard of. If LeBron was the GOAT his Finals record would be better, yeah it's a team game but in Basketball 1 guy can control a game unlike Football or Baseball. In Football 1 guy cant control a game, that is why Peyton gets a bad rap for not winning more SB's when people bring him up for only winning 2. Peyton couldn't play Defense or SPTeams. LeBron plays both sides of the ball. Here are the Great's Finals record:

Jordan 6-0

Kareem 6-4

Duncan 5-1

Kobe 5-2

Magic 5-4

Shaq 4-2

Even Bird is 3-2 LOL

LeBron is 3-5 and he lost to the Mavericks 1 year with HCA playing with Wade and Bosh. The Mavericks had 1 SuperStar in Dirk. Jason Terry was their 2nd best player lmao. Jason Kidd was like 100 years old!

-I don't want to here the GOAT crap until he wins 5 or more Championships. I don't want to hear how he doesn't have more because of the Warriors either. Magic had to play Doc's/Moses Sixers and Bird's, McHale, Parish, DJ's Celtics = 4 Hall of Famers and he still won 5! Jordan went up against Magic, Drexler, Barkley + Stockton and Malone twice in the Finals and he still won 6. Not to mention Jordan had to beat Reggie's Pacers as well just to get to the Finals one year. That Pacers team was the best team they have ever had in 1998. Kobe had to go through the Spurs and Kings who both had loaded teams just to get to the Finals in a lot of his years. Duncan is 2-1 in Finals play vs LeBron and could easily be 3-0 if not for Ray Allen saving LeBron's butt in 2013 vs the Spurs.

6 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

If vic plays his normal game we would be the winners of the series right now

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

If vic plays his normal game we would be the winners of the series right now

He cant because he has LeBron on him half the time and LeBron never gets called for Fouls. I hope we win Game 6 just to see what would happen in a Game 7 but I am not counting on it. I haven't it looked it up but I bet LeBron hasn't been called for a Foul more than 10 times all series. That is in 5 games.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He cant because he has LeBron on him half the time and LeBron never gets called for Fouls. I hope we win Game 6 just to see what would happen in a Game 7 but I am not counting on it. I haven't it looked it up but I bet LeBron hasn't been called for a Foul more than 10 times all series. That is in 5 games.

LeBron isn't guarding Victor..   He really isn't.

...True, he was at the end when they dropped the double team..but most of the game LBJ is laying a one-man zone...

If he's guading anyone its Thad Young

They are double teaming Vic..with JR and (most times) Kevin Love...

..That;s why Sabonis was so open

6 hours ago, akcolt said:

We really have been helping the Cavs I think this series has always been going 7 If we'd play like we played all season.... although free throws have been an ongoing issue they aren't quit as costly in the regular season

I think you are right..................I think we push it to seven,.....

We attacked the 'trap' as well as we have all series in that 4th quarter....

We have everybody healthy////..and LBJ has just one day off

We are 2 wins from the next round.....Vic and Collison have something to prove on the home court....

The Cavs shot free throws unusually well in game 5.....Lets just defend the home court

Edited by oldunclemark
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, MTC said:

To be fair, that one call where LeBron was called out of bounds was called incorrectly. Thad Young was actually the one who last touched it. 

But to be really fair...that call was an out-of-bounds call....No guarantee they score if Cleveland keeps the ball.

..The LBJ block on Victor was a certain 2 points for the Pacers..

....and understand that LeBron and the Cavs could have asked for a review of the Young-James play. They did not..

Indiana could NOT ask for a review of the goaltend. You cant review a call that was not made.

But hey, we lost. Vic and Darren, our on-paper advantage in this series, have not played well since game 1....

There's still time. This is what the playoffs are supposed to be like.

Russell Westbrook is the goat in Game 4 and the GOAT in game five

• Like 1

8 hours ago, akcolt said:

It's getting to be too much I didn't want to be that guy but wth the block was clearly a goal tend and the shot is totally different down 2 This is total crap and they are celebrating his shot what a joke 

im not sure it would have changed much.  they would have just added two to the score.

if we double james at the three point line he passes to a wide open shooter 

14 hours ago, Jules said:

Love is not himself but the Pacers are a bad matchup for the Cavs. I think the Cavs match up better vs Toronto.

They do.. and like we mentioned earlier. The Cavs are the raptors daddy. They'll forget how to go lay basketball next series. So I'll say it again, second time this year I'm on the Philly train lol

18 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

People need to understand that stars are going to get calls. How have we not learned that yet. It is not just LeBron. He finished outside the top ten in free throws attempted and he played every game. Guys like Harden, AD, Giannis, Westbrook and others get just as many calls.

Understanding is one thing.   We shouldn't accept it though.   It's a huge flaw in the league.  

Very disappointing since the play was reviewed during a stoppage and they still gave it to queen James.

18 hours ago, Malakai432 said:

Lol I really hope the Jazz close out OKC.  That would be hilarious 4-1.  I’m sure many fans thought they had a super team with PG and Mellow teaming up with Westbrook.

It was Carmellow who screwed them up.   Why people think he can improve a team is beyond me.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Myles said:

It was Carmellow who screwed them up.   Why people think he can improve a team is beyond me.

I noticed he got less minutes last night. OKC may have figured it out regarding a better rotation and just using Westbrook/George/Adams as their Big3 for scoring. IMO Game 6 is the series because if OKC wins that, they wont lose Game 7 at home.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Per ESPN: REFS admit they blew call on LeBron's GoalTend non-call on Oladipo. A little late for that now, probably cost us the series. If we are up 2 we also play Defense differently so that 3 would've probably never happened. Pacers would've guarded the perimeter and doubled LeBron. Common Sense.

If I am not mistaken the pacers had a foul to give too. If that was the case LBJ should have been fouled as soon as the ball reached his hands. Time off the clock and the Cavs would have a slim chance of an inbounds play.

• Like 1