Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Understanding is one thing.   We shouldn't accept it though.   It's a huge flaw in the league.  

Very disappointing since the play was reviewed during a stoppage and they still gave it to queen James.

LeBron gets the same treatment that Jordan got when he played.

The thing that makes me the most * is LeBron gets away with more charges than any player in NBA history. He runs over a defender and all you hear is how strong LeBron is.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

If I am not mistaken the pacers had a foul to give too. If that was the case LBJ should have been fouled as soon as the ball reached his hands. Time off the clock and the Cavs would have a slim chance of an inbounds play.

Yep, up 2 it would've changed the whole complexion of the game on what the Cavs would've even done on Offense. Talk about a screw job! LeBron fans could care less though, they say "he my GOAT" lmao.

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Understanding is one thing.   We shouldn't accept it though.   It's a huge flaw in the league.  

Very disappointing since the play was reviewed during a stoppage and they still gave it to queen James.

Don't see anybody calling any other person that gets those calls "queen" or any other disrespectful stuff. I've never seen a player in any profession that is undeniably a top ten player of all time get so much hate.

And the goal tend was not reviewed. You cannot review a goal tend unless they call it a goal tend to begin with.

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Per ESPN: REFS admit they blew call on LeBron's GoalTend non-call on Oladipo. A little late for that now, probably cost us the series. If we are up 2 we also play Defense differently so that 3 would've probably never happened. Pacers would've guarded the perimeter and doubled LeBron. Common Sense.

I want to add to this, this is why many people I know don't watch the NBA. They think it's rigged.

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

Don't see anybody calling any other person that gets those calls "queen" or any other disrespectful stuff. I've never seen a player in any profession that is undeniably a top ten player of all time get so much hate.

I guess you had a lapse of memory of what was said about Jordan when he played?

2 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

And the goal tend was not reviewed. You cannot review a goal tend unless they call it a goal tend to begin with.

You cant review it but it was an obvious bad missed non call and cost us the game.

10 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Back in the day, Lakers haters used to call Magic Johnson, Tragic Johnson everytime he would lose a series. They used to call Larry Bird, Larry Podunk because he is from Indiana. Its been going on for 40 years even before the Internet. That was going on when I was in grade school.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Back in the day, Lakers haters used to call Magic Johnson, Tragic Johnson everytime he would lose a series. They used to call Larry Bird, Larry Podunk because he is from Indiana. Its been going on for 40 years even before the Internet. That was going on when I was in grade school.

Magic Johnson got called a lot worse than that when he was diagnosed with aids. for sure.

• Like 1

Yeah it was really bad once Internet got popular.

Yes, one of the down sides of the internet is it brings out a lot of things that would never be said in public or directly to those being talked about.  It's like the internet makes people loud mouths when normally they are meek.

Yes, one of the down sides of the internet is it brings out a lot of things that would never be said in public or directly to those being talked about.  It's like the internet makes people loud mouths when normally they are meek.

So true. As much as I dislike LeBron I still call him LeBron. I don't think I have ever used the term 'Queen' once, if I have I don't remember.

26 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I think you are being to narrow minded when It comes to players being insulted and called names. The one player that comes to mind is Dennis Rodman. That guy was called everything in the book when he played.

He may not have been a top 10 player in the league but he was by far the best rebounded and hustle guy in the league when he played for the Bulls.

I don't think Lebron is being called 'queen' out of disrespect at all. He is called that because the refs, the media and the NBA put him on a pedestal so much. All of us know how great of a player he is but this is fandom talking.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I think you are being to narrow minded when It comes to players being insulted and called names. The one player that comes to mind is Dennis Rodman. That guy was called everything in the book when he played.

He may not have been a top 10 player in the league but he was by far the best rebounded and hustle guy in the league when he played for the Bulls.

I don't think Lebron is being called 'queen' out of disrespect at all. He is called that because the refs, the media and the NBA put him on a pedestal so much. All of us know how great of a player he is but this is fandom talking.

Yep. You nailed it. Kobe gets called rapist evenhough he was never convicted, never even went to court, and the girl clearly lied. I would rather be called Queen then a rapist.

Yep. You nailed it. Kobe gets called rapist evenhough he was never convicted, never even went to court and the girl clearly lied. I would rather be called Queen then a rapist.

Yep, I guess 2.5 millions dollars said the girl lied?

That is what it was reported she won in the civil suit.

Personally I don't think she lied but we will never know because what she won in the civil suit and the stipulations in that suit remains sealed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Per ESPN: REFS admit they blew call on LeBron's GoalTend non-call on Oladipo. A little late for that now, probably cost us the series. If we are up 2 we also play Defense differently so that 3 would've probably never happened. Pacers would've guarded the perimeter and doubled LeBron. Common Sense.

I knew this was gonna happen like this does anything you still screwed us out of a shot at a win it's sad this isn't the only blown call in the series just the biggest 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yep, I guess 2.5 millions dollars said the girl lied?

That is what it was reported she won in the civil suit.

Personally I don't think she lied but we will never know because what she won in the civil suit and the stipulations in that suit remains sealed.

Whether she lied or not he still gets called a rapist and it didn't even go to court and he wasn't convicted. I really don't want to rehash the Kobe case but the girl also had sex with other men that night. Not something a woman does if she's been raped, just saying. You may hate Kobe but don't let that cloud your judgement. She also got 3 million dollars out of it.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Whether she lied or not he still gets called a rapist and it didn't even go to court and he wasn't convicted. I really don't want to rehash the Kobe case but the girl also had sex with other men that night. Not something a woman does if she's been raped, just saying. You may hate Kobe but don't let that cloud your judgement. She also got 3 million dollars out of it.

Read Kobe's statement he made himself at the end of the civil suit.

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

Read Kobe's statement he made himself at the end of the civil suit.

It's because he didn't want to get dragged through a long court case while the NBA season was going on. We can go back and forth on this. I can say, if it was rape why didn't she just go ahead and take it to criminal court instead of taking the money. I would've took it to criminal court. I would hope most would if something that bad happened.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Just where do you get I hated Kobe?  No where did I say or insinuate that at all. Just stating what we do know about that case, that's all.

Having an opinion and speaking it does not mean I hate anyone.

There is nothing clouded in my judgment at all.

Just where do you get I hated Kobe?  No where did I say or insinuate that at all. Just stating what we do know about that case, that's all.

Having an opinion and speaking it does not mean I hate anyone.

There is nothing clouded in my judgment at all.

I said "You may" hate Kobe. Wasn't sure. Look I am no mood to argue tonight. I am in a good mood and really don't want to rehash this. I just think people calling him a rapist is childish and ridiculous when his case didn't even go to criminal court. Was just pointing out Top 10 players other than LeBron get called much worse. You can have the last word, I am done here.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's because he didn't want to get dragged through a long court case while the NBA season was going on. We can go back and forth on this. I can say, if it was rape why didn't she just go ahead and take it to criminal court instead of taking the money. I would've took it to criminal court. I would hope most would if something that bad happened.

No, read all of it. Not just the points to make your point.

One thing, she is not you and she might have been scared like a lot of rape victims are. It's not uncommon for rapes never to go to court because the victim doesn't want to be put on trial especially by the high dollar lawyers Kobe could afford.

51 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

When you get cheated there is. Had the Cavs won fair and square I would've been fine with it.

You would have the same anger if you had played Philly.

Top 10 jersey sales for this season:

Curry
Lebron
KD
Giannis
Kyrie
Westbrook
Porzingis
Embiid
Harden
Simmons

Only reason Boston has a shot to survive one round is due to home court and the trio of Horford/Brown/Tatum is still pretty good.

Pacers were in a rough spot playing Lebron OR Philly. The 5th seed spot is not very good.

The league is going to push their biggest selling stars, period.......not much anyone can do about it.

I don't get worked up about it all anymore. My C's were done as contenders anyway with both Hayward/Irving being out. They could survive without Hayward, but winning the east dreams were done without Kyrie.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jules said:

You would have the same anger if you had played Philly.

Top 10 jersey sales for this season:

Curry
Lebron
KD
Giannis
Kyrie
Westbrook
Porzingis
Embiid
Harden
Simmons

Only reason Boston has a shot to survive one round is due to home court and the trio of Horford/Brown/Tatum is still pretty good.

Pacers were in a rough spot playing Lebron OR Philly. The 5th seed spot is not very good.

The league is going to push their biggest selling stars, period.......not much anyone can do about it.

I don't get worked up about it all anymore. My C's were done as contenders anyway with both Hayward/Irving being out. They could survive without Hayward, but winning the east dreams were done without Kyrie.

Oh yeah, doesn't matter who it is against. It could've been against anyone. The way Philly is playing I doubt we would've best them anyway. I have said all along C's in 7. There is something missing with the Bucks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Same thing in Celtics/Bucks though. In game 4, they admitted they didn't call a foul at the end on Jaylen Brown which may have tied the game and taken it to OT and given Boston a 3-1 lead. And in game 5, they ignored an obvious shot clock violation against the Celtics.

People act like this is just a Lebron thing, it isn't. 

Stuff happens in every single series. 

It's more magnified with Lebron since he is Lebron and the face of the league.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Oh yeah, doesn't matter who it is against. It could've been against anyone. The way Philly is playing I doubt we would've best them anyway. I have said all along C's in 7. There is something missing with the Bucks.

If you take the Cavs to 7 do you really want to btw? I almost hope the series just ends to end the agony.

With the C's. I know they can't beat Philly, which is why sometimes if they blow this it don't bug me either.

I got no doubt if the Bucks don't get stupid they still have a shot. But with Giannis as great as he is, he has not been able to take over the series a la Lebron even though he is labeled as a young Lebron style of player at times. Stevens has done a good job rotating defensive looks at Giannis.

Problem is, the Celtics don't have a star offensive player that can take over a series right now, Jaylen Brown has been the closest.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jules said:

Same thing in Celtics/Bucks though. In game 4, they admitted they didn't call a foul at the end on Jaylen Brown which may have tied the game and taken it to OT and given Boston a 3-1 lead. And in game 5, they ignored an obvious shot clock violation against the Celtics.

People act like this is just a Lebron thing, it isn't. 

Stuff happens in every single series. 

It's more magnified with Lebron since he is Lebron and the face of the league.

It's definitely not just a LeBron thing but he does get away with a lot. Last nights non-call was really awful because it can be argued that cost the Pacers the series. I think the REFS are bad in every series but some calls are so outrageous that it makes me cringe. As of now I hate to say it but I think Philly will win the East.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jules said:

If you take the Cavs to 7 do you really want to btw? I almost hope the series just ends to end the agony.

With the C's. I know they can't beat Philly, which is why sometimes if they blow this it don't bug me either.

I got no doubt if the Bucks don't get stupid they still have a shot. But with Giannis as great as he is, he has not been able to take over the series a la Lebron even though he is labeled as a young Lebron style of player at times. Stevens has done a good job rotating defensive looks at Giannis.

Problem is, the Celtics don't have a star offensive player that can take over a series right now, Jaylen Brown has been the closest.

I was real upset last night but more over it now. Still bothers me the way we lost but as I get older I get over losses quicker than I used too. Ever since the Cubs won the WS, I just think of that when I get upset when the Colts or Pacers lose. Cubs got real lucky to beat Cleveland, it took 7 games and 10 Innings to do so. So I just take the good with the bad 99% of the time anymore. I have a feeling FWIW, Cavs will beat Toronto as well because LeBron is their daddy. I think Philly will win the East though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

I am only 20 years old so I wasn't even born when Rodman and Jordan were playing in their primes so maybe LeBron will stop being hated on after he retires. I just find it ridiculous. I don't see anything about guys like Durant or Harden right now.

I don't think Dennis Rodman is a good example though because he seemed to have a reputation similar to players like Lance and Draymond Green today. They were seen as dirty players.

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

I am only 20 years old so I wasn't even born when Rodman and Jordan were playing in their primes so maybe LeBron will stop being hated on after he retires. I just find it ridiculous. I don't see anything about guys like Durant or Harden right now.

I don't think Dennis Rodman is a good example though because he seemed to have a reputation similar to players like Lance and Draymond Green today. They were seen as dirty players.

Oh Harden gets called The Flopper all the time on many Sites.

28 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I was real upset last night but more over it now. Still bothers me the way we lost but as I get older I get over losses quicker than I used too. Ever since the Cubs won the WS, I just think of that when I get upset when the Colts or Pacers lose. Cubs got real lucky to beat Cleveland, it took 7 games and 10 Innings to do so. So I just take the good with the bad 99% of the time anymore. I have a feeling FWIW, Cavs will beat Toronto as well because LeBron is their daddy. I think Philly will win the East though.

No idea on Toronto yet, they got a good home court though. Hell last night the Bruins (with home ice) beat the Toronto Maple Leafs in game 7 in Boston. But the Bruins (the second seed) struggled badly in Toronto all series long. Same with the Celtics, they always struggle to win IN Toronto and I think the Pacers do too. But in Boston and Indy they have a shot to beat the Raptors or do.

Home court is really going to be what the Raptors have to hang their hats on this postseason. Kind of like the 2008 Celtics who sucked on the road but won all the home games.

If Lebron does advance and plays Toronto, they call Lebron in Toronto "LeFather."

The thing with Philly is the youth factor, this is the first real postseason for Embiid/Simmons. I think those guys are studs though lol.

Celtics were 3-1 vs. Philly this season with Kyrie Irving. With Terry Rozier starting that one loss.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Rodman was not a dirty player. Like you said, you are 20 years old. You do not remember when the NBA was played a whole different style that what you are used to seeing. The big men owned the area around the rim. That is before they added the circle around the rim. A player would get pounded going to the rim and it was a part of the game.

That is why most of us older guys call today's game a joke.

13 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Rodman was not a dirty player. Like you said, you are 20 years old. You do not remember when the NBA was played a whole different style that what you are used to seeing. The big men owned the area around the rim. That is before they added the circle around the rim. A player would get pounded going to the rim and it was a part of the game.

That is why most of us older guys call today's game a joke.

Hey I didn't watch him so there's little I can say.

However he is on every "dirtiest player of all time" list you can find so I'm not just pulling that out of thin air.

10 hours ago, aaron11 said:

im not sure it would have changed much.  they would have just added two to the score.

if we double james at the three point line he passes to a wide open shooter 

Come on you don't think it changes much It changes everything Lebron put that 3 up if he misses OT but they get the call right there is way more pressure on that shot and at home they could play for the tie try to get something going to the rim That no call on an easy to see and call violation changed the game 

1 hour ago, Bluefire4 said:

Hey I didn't watch him so there's little I can say.

However he is on every "dirtiest player of all time" list you can find so I'm not just pulling that out of thin air.

Players had roles to play in those days. Rodman did exactly what he was told and hired to do.

I watched him play before he even became a Bull when he was with the Pistons. You go back and look at some tape of the way they played and then come back and tell me the difference.

Go look at some of the tapes of the Pacers and New York Nicks and tell me we didn't have a couple of "enforcers" on the roster. This goes back before the circle was put around the rim and the big men would knock you out if you went into the lane.