Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Yeah..I know McMillan got a lot of heat for pulling Victor after 2 fouls in the first quarter in game 2...

This is why...Although I have to say..I dont want Russell out there with 3 fouls in the second quarter

Its hard to ask a player to play in a violent playoff game in foul trouble...

Westbrook has to play very soft defensively after halftime

Paul George has to come up really big in the 2nd Half or they are facing being in a 3-1 hole. Utah is an extremely hard place to win at, this wont be easy at all.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think so far these Playoffs have been really fun to watch. The Pacers/Cavs series has had everyone on edge. I think we have really stunned Cavs fans by how good we are really are. How about the Wizards tying the Raptors at 2-2! Also Celtics/Bucks are 2-2, and this OKC/Utah series is real interesting.

Its been really, really good........Indiana, Milwaukee and Washington,...seeds 5, 7 and 8 (sorry Miami) are tied 2-2 after 4 games.  Unreal. Could be 3 Game 7s in the East alone this weekend

We could beat the Cavs and draw Washington in the East semifinals....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Westbrook is starting the second half with four fouls.....He has to

Yeah it's do or die for them. Teams that fall down 3-1 lose 94% of the time. Only 11 NBA teams in NBA history have comeback from down 3-1. Only 1 team in NBA history in the Finals has comeback down 3-1 that was the Cavs in 2016.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I just look at it like this, no games have been played basically and it's 0-0 in reality and Best of 3. Whoever has the better team should be able to win 2 of the games to advance.

And I still think..players 1-though-8...we are the better team...

If Victor is tired..maybe the extra day off will help him..

......But Collison had his best season ...and he is not being shut down by suffocating defense.

He has to dribble drive to the basket and make the open 3......He just has to.  We need him

Our 21-year-old centers combined for 36 points in Game 4.....Lance is fighting everybody.

Thad Young and Bogdonavic are holding their own on defense

Vic and Collison have to make JR and Korver pay on defense. They are the edge we have

8 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

And I still think..players 1-though-8...we are the better team...

If Victor is tired..maybe the extra day off will help him..

......But Collison had his best season ...and he is not being shut down by suffocating defense.

He has to dribble drive to the basket and make the open 3......He just has to.  We need him

Our 21-year-old centers combined for 36 points in Game 4.....

Vic and Collison have to make JR and Korver pay on defense

I agree we are deeper and have the better Big's. Oladipo is arguably a Superstar as well, he definitely is a 4.5 Star player on a scale of 1-5 much like George was here. LeBron is a full 5 Star player though and he offsets us being deeper which makes the playing field even. LeBron is a legend as well so he will get the benefit of the calls which hurts.

There are not many 5 Star players and unfortunately we are playing against one in LeBron. Maybe Durant, Curry, Westbrook, A.Davis, and Harden are the others IMO. When Leonard is healthy he is too. Then a few are 4.5 like CP3, Kyrie, Greek Freak, Embiid, Derozan, GeorgeOladipo , then 4's and so on, etc.. Kind of shocking the Thunder are losing to the Jazz with Westbrook and George but who knows what is going on internally with that team? Maybe they actually don't like playing together after all?

8 minutes ago, MTC said:

Who would have thought that Melo and PG (the NBA's two laziest players) are about to be down 3-1 to the Jazz?

I hate to say it but they look old .....Utah has a better team...

OKC could still win 2 of the last 3......but they seem a little baked..

This might be it for Melo....For him, the future aint what it used to be.

Edited by oldunclemark

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I hate to say it but they look old .....Utah has a better team...

OKC could still win 2 of the last 3......but they seem a little baked..

This might be it for Melo....For him, the future aint what it used to be.

I wouldn't say they're old. It's just a bunch of selfish players not learning how to play as a cohesive unit. 

1 minute ago, MTC said:

I wouldn't say they're old. It's just a bunch of selfish players not learning how to play as a cohesive unit. 

It is funny that lesser players here in Indy.........played well together from November on.

Houston mixed Chris Paul and James Harden and made it work..

..and OKC....just never got beyond 3 guys going one on one

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

That's not what the guy says on the clip here...Blue

The guy here says the foul came BEFORE the jump ball.

I'm not sure that's true but that's what he said happened...

...and he says the if the calls are made simultaneously, the foul takes precedence.

But at no level of basketball does a foul AFTER a jump ball call wipe out the jump ball.

You don't get what I'm explaining and I didn't clarify my point enough so forget it.

Lance had both of Jeff Green's hands before they fell on the ground so I agree with the ref. Smart play by Lance though. I'm sick of seeing posts on here and twitter crying about the refs. I'm just ready to watch the rest of the series.

Best of 3 and the better team will win.

Just now, Bluefire4 said:

You don't get what I'm explaining and I didn't clarify my point enough so forget it.

Lance had both of Jeff Green's hands before they fell on the ground so I agree with the ref. Smart play by Lance though. I'm sick of seeing posts on here and twitter crying about the refs. I'm just ready to watch the rest of the series.

Best of 3 and the better team will win.

I get what you're explaining but I listened to what you posted and that guy said 'simultaneously'

It is what it is

.........Even if that's a jump ball...we're still down 3

We didn't lose Game 4 due to the refs...We played enough defense.

We have the shots to win it. We had the lead.   We played scared and we deserved to lose.

On to Cleveland

absolutely...we talked about this...

He has never said he's staying in OKC.....He has never said he didn't want to still go to LA...

..and he can play with Lonzo.......He doesn't need the ball all the time

I actually think George would be a perfect in LA because Lonzo loves to pass the ball a lot, doesn't shoot a lot like Westbrook. LA will be Good next season if they re-sign Randle and add George. Lonzo averaged 10/7/7 this year which isn't to shabby for as much flack he gets, he will only get better IMO. Kuzma and Ingram both are Good players as well.

I keep going back and forth with this rookie of the year voting.

I think Ben Simmons is great, but he does have an advantage as a 6'10 point guard in a weaker conference. Mitchell just looks so poised and is leading a team about to go up 3-1 on a team people thought would be title contenders.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I actually think George would be a perfect in LA because Lonzo loves to pass the ball a lot, doesn't shoot a lot like Westbrook. LA will be Good next season if they re-sign Randle and add George. Lonzo averaged 10/7/7 this year which isn't to shabby for as much flack he gets, he will only get better IMO. Kuzma and Ingram both are Good players as well.

They can play one guard a 3 forwards...and switch everything defensively with Randle in the middle 

..and if LBJ calls..hang up the phone because he does not fit on that team

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I keep going back and forth with this rookie of the year voting.

I think Ben Simmons is great, but he does have an advantage as a 6'10 point guard in a weaker conference. Mitchell just looks so poised and is leading a team about to go up 3-1 on a team people thought would be title contenders.

I agree......To me ....its Simmons shooting and foul shooting...

Mitchell is OK defensively and a major weapon on offense......

///////I dont know how good Simmons will get (if he ever learns to shoot) but, to me, we're only talking about this season...

For this year...Mitchell is already so good.

Does the rookie of the year balloting end with the regular season>?

Tonight, he (Mitchell) is going against Paul George half the time and he has 33..

Edited by oldunclemark

They can play one guard a 3 forwards...and switch everything defensively with Randle in the middle 

..and if LBJ calls..hang up the phone because he does not fit on that team

If I was LA, I wouldn't sign LeBron either, that would take the ball out of Lonzo's hands and LeBron is getting older. Paul George is only 27. The one thing Lonzo is great at is Passing, he needs the ball to be able to create for others. Lakers would probably go small ball unless they Re-sign Lopez?? They would probably go: Lonzo at Point, Ingram at the 2, George at the 3, Kuzma at the 4, Randle at Center. 

• Thanks 1