Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

76ers won  106-102......despite 27 turnovers.

Is it okay not to agree with everybody on TV that the Philadelphia 76ers are the future of basketball.

I just dont see the greatness

Thy have 2 solid players in Embiid and Simmons who are young so if they stay healthy they will be good for years. Can Embiid stay healthy is a huge question. He seems to always get injured or gets an injury that keeps him out. Simmons is the real deal but he cant shoot 3's. As far them being the future of Basketball, the jury is still out on that one. Toronto, Indy, and Boston all have Good rosters from top to bottom. Kyrie and Hayward both will be back next season for Boston.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Going back to the Reggie Miller era we have had many great moments in Playoff play, Game 3 belongs on that list IMO. Listed by season here are what games that were classics:

1994 - Game 5(ECFinals) at NY. Reggie Miller scores 25 Points in the 4th Qtr, taunts Spike Lee, and the Pacers took a 3-2 series lead. Unfortunately we lost Games 6 and 7.

1995 - Game 1(2nd Round) at NY. Reggie Miller scores 8 points in the last 9 seconds to steal Game 1 107-105. Pacers went on to win the series in 7 games.

1995 - Game 7(2nd Round) at NY. Pacers win at NY 97-95 to advance to ECFinals.

1995 - Game 4(ECFinals) vs Orlando. Pacers beat Orlando on a Rik Smits buzzer beater 94-93 to tie series at 2-2.

1998 - Game 4(ECFinals) vs Chicago. Reggie Miller hits game winning 3 with 1 second left to tie series at 2-2.

1998 - Game 6(ECFinals) vs Chicago. Pacers beat Chicago to force a Game 7. Back then nobody took Jordan's Bulls 7. Unfortunately we lost Game 7.

2000 - Game 6(ECFinals) at NY. Pacers win at NY and advance to the Finals winning the Eastern Conference! Reggie's 1st and only Finals.

2000 - Game 3(NBA Finals) vs Lakers. Pacers win their first NBA Finals game in franchise history to make it a series, only down 2-1 at the time. Unfortunately we lost in 6 games.

2013 - Game 6(ECFinals) vs Miami. Pacers defeat Miami to force a Game 7 against LeBron. The Paul George era had arrived bigtime. Unfortunately we lost Game 7.

2018 - Game 3(1st Round) vs Cleveland. Pacers comeback from 17 points down and win 92-90 to take a 2-1 series lead against a guy in LeBron that has never lost a 1st Round series in his career. The Oladipo era is here to stay!

-Choose your favorite moment.

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

76ers won  106-102......despite 27 turnovers.

Is it okay not to agree with everybody on TV that the Philadelphia 76ers are the future of basketball.

I just dont see the greatness

I think they have a good future. Embiid and Simmons are future stars. Fultz will probably be good too.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Going back to the Reggie Miller era we have had many great moments in Playoff play, last night's win belongs on that list IMO. Listed by season here are what games that were classics:

1994 - Game 5(ECFinals) at NY. Reggie Miller scores 25 Points in the 4th Qtr, taunts Spike Lee, and the Pacers took a 3-2 series lead. Unfortunately we lost Games 6 and 7.

1995 - Game 1(2nd Round) at NY. Reggie Miller scores 8 points in the last 9 seconds to steal Game 1.

1995 - Game 7(2nd Round) at NY. Pacers win at NY to advance to ECFinals.

1998 - Game 4(ECFinals) vs Chicago. Reggie Miller hits game winning 3 with 1 second left to tie series at 2-2.

1998 - Game 6(ECFinals) vs Chicago. Pacers beat Chicago to force a Game 7. Back then nobody took Jordan's Bulls 7.

2000 - Game 6(ECFinals) at NY. Pacers win at NY and advance to the Finals winning the Eastern Conference! Reggie's 1st and only Finals.

2013 - Game 6(ECFinals) vs Miami. Pacers defeat Miami to force a Game 7 against LeBron. The Paul George era had arrived bigtime.

2018 - Game 3(1st Round) vs Cleveland. Pacers comeback from 17 points down to take a 2-1 series lead against a guy in LeBron that has never lost a 1st Round series in his career. The Oladipo era is here to stay!

8 in 9 seconds. Those are all good ones though but its hard to beat Reggie doing that.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That's mine too. I don't think that will ever happen again to win a game. It hasn't since Reggie has done it in 1995.

I think Tracy McGrady did something like score 13 points in 50 seconds one time many years ago. That's the closest to what Reggie did. And even then Reggie did it in 9 seconds.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

I think they have a good future. Embiid and Simmons are future stars. Fultz will probably be good too.

All true Rock..,,,Ive never seen Fultz play more than a couple of minutes. He didn't play in gamne 4 at all

But does Simmons revolutionize the way the game is played. like everybody on TV says..?

Why is he a young LeBron.?

Is Embid the best center in the NBA right now?  That was said on TV today and its not the first time.

Better than Anthony Davis? Better than Karl Anthony Towns or LaMarcus Aldridge?

Anthony Davis scored 47 points today...

That's what is being said...I guess I dont see that. 

Edited by oldunclemark

New Orleans 131-123 over Portage...a 4-game sweep....

New Orleans vs. Golden State.....?    The series wont start until,next weekend..which helps Steph Curry get healthy

But Jrue Holiday is suddenly doing whatever he wants to do...

Klay vs. Rondo.......Anthony Davis vs. Kevin Durant.  Nobody stops Davis but nobody stops Durant either

Its going to be big time..

2 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

I think Tracy McGrady did something like score 13 points in 50 seconds one time many years ago. That's the closest to what Reggie did. And even then Reggie did it in 9 seconds.

Bogan Bogdanovic's seven 3-point baskets in a playoff game...tied a record held by 3 others..

Paul George

Reggie Miller

..and (The Rifleman) Chuck Person

• Like 2

I've got a new NBA cliché..

A playoff series doesn't really begin until the lower seed gets a home game.

The crowds in these 'Games 3s'   without exception are overwhelming...

Minnesota..getting a playoff game for the first time in 14 years...

New Orleans...ast home sweeping Portland..

..and this crowd in Utah is wild....

I'm only imagining what Sunday night's crowd in Indianapolis will be like

3 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

All true Rock..,,,Ive never seen Fultz play more than a couple of minutes. He didn't play in gamne 4 at all

But does Simmons revolutionize the way the game is played. like everybody on TV says..?

Why is he a young LeBron.?

Is Embid the best center in the NBA right now?  That was said on TV today and its not the first time.

Better than Anthony Davis? Better than Karl Anthony Towns or LaMarcus Aldridge?

Anthony Davis scored 47 points today...

That's what is being said...I guess I dont see that. 

Yeah people saying that are probably a little over the top. They both are really good players though.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Going back to the Reggie Miller era we have had many great moments in Playoff play, last night's win belongs on that list IMO. Listed by season here are what games that were classics:

1995 - Game 1(2nd Round) at NY. Reggie Miller scores 8 points in the last 9 seconds to steal Game 1.

1995 - Game 7(2nd Round) at NY. Pacers win at NY to advance to ECFinals.

1998 - Game 6(ECFinals) vs Chicago. Pacers beat Chicago to force a Game 7. Back then nobody took Jordan's Bulls 7.

2013 - Game 6(ECFinals) vs Miami. Pacers defeat Miami to force a Game 7 against LeBron. The Paul George era had arrived bigtime.

2018 - Game 3(1st Round) vs Cleveland. Pacers comeback from 17 points down to take a 2-1 series lead against a guy in LeBron that has never lost a 1st Round series in his career. The Oladipo era is here to stay!

You forgot Rik Smits  game winning shot with .01 over the Magic in 1995.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Our team was nervous at home................much more so than on the road...

Vic and Darren Collison will eventually settle down and play the way they have all year....(I hope)

The Cavs using Love at center kinda takes Sabonis out of the game..There's no one for him to guard...

I'd try Lance and Bogdonavich in the game at the same time..That way Lance doesn't have to guard LBJ and he can contribute more at the offensive end........We need home court Lance..

When we get good Lance we are a very difficult team to deal with. If Lance gets going the lid will come off the place. I like the momentum we have going into game 4. I like Bogey to keep making shots. He has been streaky from deep this season but when he's feeling it has been for stretches not a half.

I think we are in a great spot coming back tonight. If we jump on them right out of the gate we could run them out of the gym. I think we get out early by doing what we've done all season take care of the ball, play D and work on the defensive boards. If we get out early we get the crowd in the game. I really like our chances. I feel like the Cavs need us to play poorly to beat us. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

1995 - Game 1(2nd Round) at NY. Reggie Miller scores 8 points in the last 9 seconds to steal Game 1 107-105. Pacers went on to win the series in 7 games.

1995 - Game 7(2nd Round) at NY. Pacers win at NY 97-95 to advance to ECFinals.

1995 - Game 4(ECFinals) vs Orlando. Pacers beat Orlando on a Rik Smits buzzer beater 94-93 to tie series at 2-2.

1998 - Game 6(ECFinals) vs Chicago. Pacers beat Chicago to force a Game 7. Back then nobody took Jordan's Bulls 7. Unfortunately we lost Game 7.

2000 - Game 3(NBA Finals) vs Lakers. Pacers win their first NBA Finals game in franchise history to make it a series, only down 2-1 at the time. Unfortunately we lost in 6 games.

2013 - Game 6(ECFinals) vs Miami. Pacers defeat Miami to force a Game 7 against LeBron. The Paul George era had arrived bigtime. Unfortunately we lost Game 7.

2018 - Game 3(1st Round) vs Cleveland. Pacers comeback from 17 points down and win 92-90 to take a 2-1 series lead against a guy in LeBron that has never lost a 1st Round series in his career. The Oladipo era is here to stay!

My updated list of Pacers Greatest Playoff moments :thmup:

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MTC said:

Paul George looked depressed on the bench towards the end of the game. I want to bet he regrets getting traded.

George is not a leader.  He's got great physical tools, but he doesn't have the leadership qualities to be a franchise player, in my opinion.  This is not to discount his talent, as he's certainly one of the league's best players and arguably the game's best two-way player.  But look at the difference in leadership between him and Oladipo.  George is a little too emotional and selfish for my liking.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

George is not a leader.  He's got great physical tools, but he doesn't have the leadership qualities to be a franchise player, in my opinion.  This is not to discount his talent, as he's certainly one of the league's best players and arguably the game's best two-way player.  But look at the difference in leadership between him and Oladipo.  George is a little too emotional and selfish for my liking.

I think both PG and Oladipo are both Top 15 players in the league today at worse, I agree with you though in saying Oladipo is proving to be a better leader. Dipo reminds me of a young DWade. I think PG was our best player during our 2013 and 2014 ECFinals run but David West was our Leader. 

10 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Yeah people saying that are probably a little over the top. They both are really good players though.

Embid is especially....He's a little out of shape I think because they are so careful with his injuries..

he gets tired very quickly.

But he can play with his back to the basket  facing the basket....He runs the floor well.

He shoots he defends....

.....he does a lot of taunting and finger waving  that I wish he wouldn't do.

But if he ever gets into top shape....he'll be a 20 and 10 guy every night

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 21isSuperman said:

I think Paul doenst want to be  a leader....He almost said as much ..Some people don't..\

I wouldn't call him selfish.......He isn't selfish enough.  .I don't sense a desire to be the best in the league

I really sense that with Oladipo...

To be great you have to want to be the man. Victor want to lead,. He wants to be the face of the franchise.

Paul seems very happy with Russell Westbrook being 'the man'

That's okay.but we needed a leader....a guy who wants to impose his will

Its true that Michael Jordan never won a title without Scottie Pippen on his team.

But Pippen never won without Michael either...and when they played together, Michael was (and wanted to be) the unquestioned leader,,,,,

Victor is a 'Michael'   Paul George is a 'Scottie'

Edited by oldunclemark

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think both PG and Oladipo are both Top 15 players in the league today at worse, I agree with you though in saying Oladipo is proving to be a better leader. Dipo reminds me of a young DWade. I think PG was our best player during our 2013 and 2014 ECFinals run but David West was our Leader. 

He really is the closest thing to DWade that the league has seen. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Embid is especially....He's a little out of shape I think because they are so careful with his injuries..

he gets tired very quickly.

But he can play with his back to the basket  facing the basket....He runs the floor well.

He shoots he defends....

.....he does a lot of taunting and finger waving  that I wish he wouldn't do.

But if he ever gets into top shape....he'll be a 20 and 10 guy every night

Embiid has a chance to be a top 5 guy at his position IMO. Hes already probably top 10 or so and hes still very young. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

He really is the closest thing to DWade that the league has seen. 

Yeah as of now it's really tough for me to name 15 players better than Oladipo or even PG for that matter, here's a few off the top of my head - LeBron, Durant, Curry, Westbrook, ADavis, Harden. That is only 6, after that it gets real debatable. Kyrie is injury prone and out for the season, maybe Greek Freak is better than PG and Dipo but it's debatable, Embiid maybe, after the way Lillard played against the Pelicans I think not with him. KLeonard when healthy of course but he hasn't played all year. Is Derozan better than Oladipo and PG, see that is even debatable. I don't think he is. Those players I just named are all the cream of the crop of players.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree fully with the David West comment.  He was the leader of the team.  Losing him hurt more than just his on-court production.  The team didn't have another leader for a few years until Oladipo came

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

I agree fully with the David West comment.  He was the leader of the team.  Losing him hurt more than just his on-court production.  The team didn't have another leader for a few years until Oladipo came

Yeah, he was not only a Very Good/if not a Great player, he was our leader no doubt. PG was the better player but West was a Beast!

1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

west was great until PG got hurt, then i was a little disappointed in him 

2 reasons for that, PG was the better player as I noted and West was getting older entering the 2015 Season. He peaked in 2013 and 2014. Had we got West in his younger days, I think he would've still been a Very Good player without PG.

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah as of now it's really tough for me to name 15 players better than Oladipo or even PG for that matter, here's a few off the top of my head - LeBron, Durant, Curry, Westbrook, ADavis, Harden. That is only 6, after that it gets real debatable. Kyrie is injury prone and out for the season, maybe Greek Freak is better than PG and Dipo but it's debatable, Embiid maybe, after the way Lillard played against the Pelicans I think not with him. KLeonard when healthy of course but he hasn't played all year. Is Derozan better than Oladipo and PG, see that is even debatable. I don't think he is. Those players I just named are all the cream of the crop of players.

I don't think what AD is doing is being appreciated enough. The dude is an absolute monster of a player. 

• Thanks 1