Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

2 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Pacers get curb stomped on Wednesday

LIG..I wouldn't be surprised if we lost by 20 ..or if we won by 20...

We were so much more confident in games 1 and 2 than we were in games 3 and 4

Edited by oldunclemark

17 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Darren Collison is a liability - can't hit shots consistently and misses end of game free throws, inexcusable for a point guard, IMO. He played the same way in the regular season too. 

Collison led the league in 3pt% in the Regular Season. Not sure what is going on with him. With Vic, the Cavs are just trapping him and he's making the right pass but guys aren't making their shots when he does. Bogey did the other night luckily.

7 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

I don't think what AD is doing is being appreciated enough. The dude is an absolute monster of a player. 

I totally agree and hasn't been appreciated enough This isn't new NO's has been one of the hottest teams and AD has been off the hook since Boogey went down.  I went to the NO V Pacers and the guy was unstoppable. He took over the final 3 mins hitting 3's fade away's put back dunks all baskets that matter and all the while protecting the rim and getting every board. When he's hitting his jump shot there's nothing you can do with him. He has handles like a G easily the top big in the league. If they keep winning people will have to take notice. 

36 minutes ago, Myles said:

I was watching the game in the background last night.   So I have a couple questions.

1 - Did the refs play a big factor in this outcome?

2 - Is Indiana missing the urgency in the first half of games?

What we have done in the first half of games all season is something I cant explain....

9 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

I'm watching Inside the NBA after the game and thats what the replay center told Ernie and the crew.

Strange.

That's not written anywhere that I've ever seen ......A jumpball called before a foul is a jump ball..

A foul called after a jump ball is nothing unless its a technical foul or flagrant foul.

• Like 1

Man game 4 was rough for the Pacers. I knew the Cavs wouldn't shoot like they did in the first half but I thought Oladipo would play better, he had an off game and it burnt the Pacers.  They still had a chance though.  They will be in game 5, every game has been close.  It's going 7.  I believe Bucks and Celtics are going 7 as well and I am sticking with my original pick the Bucks.  Wizards can't win on the road, I think the Raptors win the next 2.  Warriors and 76ers will both close out in 5.  I am hoping the Wolves win tonight to put some pressure on Houston.  Tonight is a must win for OKC, that series is a toss up.  Whoever wins tonight wins the series imo.  Playoff basketball is great!

Most people don't think we can win Game 7 on the road, I beg to differ. I get it, LeBron gets every call but having said that we have played better in Cleveland so far. Oladipo was Great in Game 1 and Good in Game 2. Here, his shot was off. We seemed to play tight in Indy and a lot looser in Cleveland. It's against the %'s but it wouldn't shock me at all if we won Game 5, lost Game 6 in Indy, and won Game 7 in Cleveland. Sounds crazy but no team has yet to win 2 in a row this series. Pacers can win in Cleveland, they have proven it. In recent history there have been more teams that have been winning Game 7's on the road too. Back in the 80's and 90's it rarely happened. Jazz beat the Clippers on the road in Game 7 last year (Round 1), Cavs beat the Warriors on the road in Game 7 in the Finals no less in 2016. That is 2 examples right there where it's happened lately. Lets say the Cavs do win Game 5, we can still win Game 6 definitely and then in a Game 7 it's really 50/50 anyway.

-The 2 teams are pretty even in closing, they have the best player but we are deeper. If the Cavs are hitting a high % of their 3's they win, if they don't they lose. Korver killed us last night with 18 - that was the difference. In Game 5 if he and JR are off I think we win even if LeBron goes for 35, and Love gets 15 or so. I am pretty sure Dipo will bounce back and get at least 20.

4 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Strange.

That's not written anywhere that I've ever seen ......A jumpball called before a foul is a jump ball..

A foul called after a jump ball is nothing unless its a technical foul or flagrant foul.

I don't mean that a foul was called after the jump ball.

I'm saying if one ref says it is a jump ball and another ref says it is a foul, the foul would take precedent, no matter which ref signaled first. 

8 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

I don't mean that a foul was called after the jump ball.

I'm saying if one ref says it is a jump ball and another ref says it is a foul, the foul would take precedent, no matter which ref signaled first. 

That's not what the guy says on the clip here...Blue

The guy here says the foul came BEFORE the jump ball.

I'm not sure that's true but that's what he said happened...

...and he says the if the calls are made simultaneously, the foul takes precedence.

But at no level of basketball does a foul AFTER a jump ball call wipe out the jump ball.

Edited by oldunclemark

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Most people don't think we can win Game 7 on the road, I beg to differ. I get it, LeBron gets every call but having said that we have played better in Cleveland so far. Oladipo was Great in Game 1 and Good in Game 2. Here, his shot was off. We seemed to play tight in Indy and a lot looser in Cleveland. It's against the %'s but it wouldn't shock me at all if we won Game 5, lost Game 6 in Indy, and won Game 7 in Cleveland. Sounds crazy but no team has yet to win 2 in a row this series. Pacers can win in Cleveland, they have proven it. In recent history there have been more teams that have been winning Game 7's on the road too. Back in the 80's and 90's it rarely happened. Jazz beat the Clippers on the road in Game 7 last year (Round 1), Cavs beat the Warriors on the road in Game 7 in the Finals no less in 2016. That is 2 examples right there where it's happened lately. Lets say the Cavs do win Game 5, we can still win Game 6 definitely and then in a Game 7 it's really 50/50 anyway.

-The 2 teams are pretty even in closing, they have the best player but we are deeper. If the Cavs are hitting a high % of their 3's they win, if they don't they lose. Korver killed us last night with 18 - that was the difference. In Game 5 if he and JR are off I think we win even if LeBron goes for 35, and Love gets 15 or so. I am pretty sure Dipo will bounce back and get at least 20.

I worry about us because we seem to be timid..First time all year...we played scared in games 3 and 4...

Very disappointing...

the 2 days off will help us....and I think we have a good shot at Game 5 because we are the better and healhier team/ And we played much better at Cleveland than we did here.

Our guards should be controlling the pace of the game.

I'd like to play Bogdonavich, Sabonis and Turner at the same time...so LeBron has to guard someone.

He's just hanging in the lane saving his energy..

But it comes down to Victor.  He's getting some open shots. He has to make jump shots like he has most of the year

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I worry about us because we seem to be timid..First time all year...we played scared in games 3 and 4...

Very disappointing...

the 2 days off will help us....and I think we have a good shot at Game 5 because we are the better and healhier team/ And we played much better at Cleveland than we did here.

Our guards should be controlling the pace of the game.

I'd like to play Bogdonavich, Sabonis and Turner at the same time...so LeBron has to guard someone.

He's just hanging in the lane saving his energy..

But it comes down to Victor.  He's getting some open shots. He has to make jump shots like he has most of the year

The Cavs made a huge adjustment after Game 1. They have been using LeBron to help double Oladipo and they are Trapping him as he brings the ball up the floor. It's taking the ball out of his hands and when he does get the ball back he is tired and forcing up bad shots. They cant guard Oladipo one on one and they figured that out after Game 1 after he torched them. McMillan has to figure out a way to get Dipo better shots and counter that Trap.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Cavs made a huge adjustment after Game 1. They have been using LeBron to help double Oladipo and they are trapping him as he brings the ball up the floor. It's taking the ball out of his hands and when he does get the ball back he is tired and forcing up bad shots. They cant guard Oladipo one on one and they figured that out after Game 1 after he torched them. McMillan has to figure out a way to get Dipo better shots and counter that Trap.

One things is: Don't have Oladipo be at the point and that eliminates the double-team all together.

Play 3 guards.......They are using a small lineup.

Or..play Sabonis and Turner at the same time...which means Love and LBJ would have to cover Sabonis and Turner AND keep them off the boards.

I dont mind Myles covering LeBron

..or, another thing we don't do is run Bogdonavich off screens like they do with Korver

But you know what.....We've lost games by 3 and 4 points....I might not make major rotation changes and hope we just hit open shots. Collison isn't being double teamed and he's missing shots he usually makes

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

One things is: Don't have Oladipo be at the point and that eliminates the double-team all together.

Play 3 guards.......They are using a small lineup.

Or..play Sabonis and Turner at the same time...which means Love and LBJ would have to cover Sabonis and Turner AND keep them off the boards.

I dont mind Myles covering LeBron

..or, another thing we don't do is run Bogdonavich off screens like they do with Korver

But you know what.....We've lost games by 3 and 4 points....I might not make major rotation changes and hope we just hit open shots. Collison isn't being double teamed and he's missing shots he usually makes

I am not sure what is wrong with Collison, he has been a Good player all season but hasn't done much at all in this series. If he can play a solid Game 5 we can steal HCA back.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Joe Ingles is taking on Paul George and he's got to respond..Utah 58-52 at the half..and Westbrook with 4 fouls...

As an aside: I guess this is what NBA basketball looks like when all the players go all out all the time

I didn't realize Westbrook had 4 Fouls, OKC is in trouble.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I didn't realize Westbrook had 4 Fouls, OKC is in trouble.

Yeah..I know McMillan got a lot of heat for pulling Victor after 2 fouls in the first quarter in game 2...

This is why...Although I have to say..I dont want Russell out there with 3 fouls in the second quarter

Its hard to ask a player to play in a violent playoff game in foul trouble...

Westbrook has to play very soft defensively after halftime