Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

9 minutes ago, HOFClipboardHolder said:

Chris Paul too. You have three ball dominant players that struggle off the ball. I cant imagine three stars that fit worse together

I don't get it. Melo got Dantoni fired in NY...I mean it was bad how that fell apart...why would it be different now? Plus Carmelo and Paul like to play slow slow offense...neither run and gun and push the tempo that Dantoni loves. I don't get it AT ALL!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I agree the defense is something that can be masked and I think certain matchups like when Lance, dipo, Cojo are on the floor our backcourt should improve. But you just posted the issue in rebounding...13.5 rebounds from your starting 4/5 combo is not good...not good at all. It's a team sport I get that but we ranked at the bottom of the league last year and I while we got Ike in the draft and added Sabonis I still think rebounding a post defense will be a weak spot. Not because of what we have done but it just already was before and drafting Leaf and starting Bogs and DC aren't going to really help that. It will still be interesting to watch this team...at least I think they will play harder than the one we watched with PG every night but we will likely end up with the very same outcome come next June.

Well stated DG. Summed it up well. 

• Like 1

I hardly ever watch Summer League and don't put any stock into it regarding how a player will end up in the NBA. Having said that I did watch tonight because of Lonzo. Kid had 36 Points on 12-22 shooting, 11 Assists, 8 Rebounds, and 5 Steals. Lakers won and it was fun watching him. His Passing is unreal. He has had some sweet moves to the basket for scores as well.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I hardly ever watch Summer League and don't put any stock into it regarding how a player will end up in the NBA. Having said that I did watch tonight because of Lonzo. Kid had 36 Points on 12-22 shooting, 11 Assists, 8 Rebounds, and 5 Steals. Lakers won and it was fun watching him. His Passing is unreal. He has had some sweet moves to the basket for scores as well.

he will be good, people just want him to fail

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dgambill said:

I agree the defense is something that can be masked and I think certain matchups like when Lance, dipo, Cojo are on the floor our backcourt should improve. But you just posted the issue in rebounding...13.5 rebounds from your starting 4/5 combo is not good...not good at all. It's a team sport I get that but we ranked at the bottom of the league last year and I while we got Ike in the draft and added Sabonis I still think rebounding a post defense will be a weak spot. Not because of what we have done but it just already was before and drafting Leaf and starting Bogs and DC aren't going to really help that. It will still be interesting to watch this team...at least I think they will play harder than the one we watched with PG every night but we will likely end up with the very same outcome come next June.

I agree that those numbers aren't good from the 4/5 positions. I was saying they won't be worse than last year. We have the same guys at the 4/5. We should get a boast from the guys we add to the backcourt Lance CoJo and Dipo. I'm in agreement we need help on the boards. 

I think we still bring in a guy to help at the 4/5 before we are done. We only have 14 guys on the roster and 5M-6M cap space. I don't expect Ike to give us much this year. He's a project. The staff must see what we do. We have been connected to bigs since FA began. We will get one 

I think Sabonis and Myles are going to be the 4/5 combo,of the future. Probably as soon as the trade deadline this season. Sabonis is better suited at the 5. That should help with rebounding moving forward. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, aaron11 said:

wow, durants expression made that pretty funny.  didnt look like he was in on it

I think Durants expression was fake. Towards the end of it Durant put a hand over his mouth, which makes me think he was trying to cover up a smile. Didn't notice it til I saw the video again this morning.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I think Durants expression was fake. Towards the end of it Durant put a hand over his mouth, which makes me think he was trying to cover up a smile. Didn't notice it til I saw the video again this morning.

i only watched that short clip, but it seems like he would have had at least some warning

• Like 1

10 hours ago, akcolt said:

I think Sabonis and Myles are going to be the 4/5 combo,of the future. Probably as soon as the trade deadline this season. Sabonis is better suited at the 5. That should help with rebounding moving forward. 

somebody on the pacers forum mentioned having turner and sabonis switch positions on defense.  meaning turner is 5 on O and they switch on D.  that might create its own problems at times, but it could be worth a look

im not convinced we have anything other than a bench player or borderline starter in sabonis yet either.  if hes a starter that can average close to a double double then i can see us being no worse than last year

10 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i only watched that short clip, but it seems like he would have had at least some warning

I'm sure he did. With how PC the world is today, I feel pretty confident KD was told about it beforehand just in case he got offended. Russ was probably told too.

20 hours ago, akcolt said:

I agree that those numbers aren't good from the 4/5 positions. I was saying they won't be worse than last year. We have the same guys at the 4/5. We should get a boast from the guys we add to the backcourt Lance CoJo and Dipo. I'm in agreement we need help on the boards. 

I think we still bring in a guy to help at the 4/5 before we are done. We only have 14 guys on the roster and 5M-6M cap space. I don't expect Ike to give us much this year. He's a project. The staff must see what we do. We have been connected to bigs since FA began. We will get one 

Mason Plumlee or Willie Reed? Two bigs that can bang and maybe Myles play more 4 or at least back him up. Denver is loaded at the 4/5...can't see them investing a lot in Plumlee. Maybe we do a sign and trade with Young for Plumlee to give them a veteren guy that can play the 4 but switch on to 3s. He would give them more flexibility and offense as well...specially in the west where small ball seems to be taking off. I think we are set in the back court so it would make sense to be a front court guy. I also believe we want to keep some cap flexibility going into the year for trades.

Lonzo another TDB, Lakers win = 16/10/12. So lets throw out Summer League which I always do anyway and just wait for the real season when he will dominate too lmao. You Haters will be nowhere to be found. It's ashame you hate this kid because he has a goofy shot and his daddy is a butt hole but Magic made the right pick IMO. If Lonzo played D'Angelo Russell right now 1 on 1, I would put huge money on Lonzo without even hesitating and Lonzo is even more of Passer. He would still win though, taller and stronger. He would just take him inside. Lakers fans have to be excited with Lonzo and Ingram and the way Magic will bring in Free Agents. The Kuzma Draft pick was a steal too. Getting rid of Mozgov's contract and picking up Lopez was huge too. Magic knows his stuff! Pope on a 1 year deal was a great move too.

25 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lonzo another TDB, Lakers win = 16/10/12. So lets throw out Summer League which I always do anyway and just wait for the real season when he will dominate too lmao. You Haters will be nowhere to be found. It's ashame you hate this kid because he has a goofy shot and his daddy is a butt hole but Magic made the right pick IMO. If Lonzo played D'Angelo Russell right now 1 on 1, I would put huge money on Lonzo without even hesitating and Lonzo is even more of Passer. He would still win though, taller and stronger. He would just take him inside. Lakers fans have to be excited with Lonzo and Ingram and the way Magic will bring in Free Agents. The Kuzma Draft pick was a steal too. Getting rid of Mozgov's contract and picking up Lopez was huge too. Magic knows his stuff! Pope on a 1 year deal was a great move too.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I just loved watching Magic play back in the 80's, this passing by Lonzo is insane. He has eyes in the back of his head. Lakers only up 3 so far. I have never watched Summer League in my life but when people were bashing Lonzo after his 1st game, I was like ok I will watch now lmao.

I have not been watching any summer league games lately or doing much in basketball since I been busy with work and some stuff on the side this week. I am still trying to get through the ESPY awards too which I have yet to few outside of one clip.

I still don't give a crap. I am a hater of his dad more btw since that man makes me want to throw up, but even if he does well I am not going to kiss his aazz. I don't even care if I am a hater and I never denied being a Ball family hater since that family is entitled as hell........I literally cannot stand that ugly kid and his stupid dad. If they do well they do well but it don't mean much since I am not some kid living in California either who is going to waste 100 dollars on BBB merchandise.

I still am not into the Lakers or that crappy team they got going on, Lonzo might have some good to great games but I am not going to sit around going nuts on him whether he does well or not. Sometimes I will but sometimes I got more important things to do as well. He sometimes sucks, and he sometimes looks good. But then his dad opens his big stupid mouth a lot and ruins it when his son DOES do well.

I still don't think he will become a great player. He might be good or even OK but not even I as a Ball family hater is going to get into the daily Lonzo Ball show. The hype lately is starting to remind me of freaking Tim Tebow and his "just win" stuff they always hyped up early on.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2017 at 11:37 PM, dgambill said:

About the summer league....yes it's just summer league but we know Myles impressed and look how he has done but the guy I've really been impressed with and had wished we got in the draft....Donavon Mitchell. Dude just looks a level beyond anything out there right now and would pick him for my rookie of the year if he wasn't going to be limited in playing time and role on a better team...probably be Fultz or Fox but don't sleep on this cat...down the line I like his potential.

I will keep Mitchell in mind. Have not seen him yet but will look for him in the regular season. Thanks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jules said:

I have not been watching any summer league games lately or doing much in basketball since I been busy with work and some stuff on the side this week. I am still trying to get through the ESPY awards too which I have yet to few outside of one clip.

I still don't give a crap. I am a hater of his dad more btw since that man makes me want to throw up, but even if he does well I am not going to kiss his aazz. I don't even care if I am a hater and I never denied being a Ball family hater since that family is entitled as hell........I literally cannot stand that ugly kid and his stupid dad. If they do well they do well but it don't mean much since I am not some kid living in California either who is going to waste 100 dollars on BBB merchandise.

I still am not into the Lakers or that crappy team they got going on, Lonzo might have some good to great games but I am not going to sit around going nuts on him whether he does well or not. Sometimes I will but sometimes I got more important things to do as well. He sometimes sucks, and he sometimes looks good. But then his dad opens his big stupid mouth a lot and ruins it when his son DOES do well.

I still don't think he will become a great player. He might be good or even OK but not even I as a Ball family hater is going to get into the daily Lonzo Ball show. The hype lately is starting to remind me of freaking Tim Tebow and his "just win" stuff they always hyped up early on.

That's cool but this isn't even close to Tim Tebow material or Jimmer Fredette nonsense or whatever else everyone wants to come up with. Lonzo has game, guy is one of the best Passers I have seen and he can score. I have watched this sport for 40 years so I wouldn't say that if I didn't believe it.  It's fine you can hate "Screech" all you want but when the Lakers start winning, please don't jump on their band wagon because I will call you out on it, so keep the hate going and hope he sucks. You have said you are a long time Laker fan and now you hate them because of Lonzo, so when they start winning if you root for them I will ignore it. Lakers in about 3 years will probably win the NBA Championship once Magic cleans out all the garbage. He will bring in at least 2 great Free Agents IMO and get the roster stacked. Deng will be gone shortly like Mozgov - 2 horrible contracts by Jim Buss/Mitch made that could set a team back 5 years. The 2 best players in the Draft are Lonzo and Fox and I will stick to my word like I always do. They both will better than Fultz IMO.

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That's cool but this isn't even close to Tim Tebow material or Jimmer Fredette nonsense or whatever else everyone wants to come up with. Lonzo has game, guy is one of the best Passers I have seen and he can score. I have watched this sport for 40 years so I wouldn't say that if I didn't believe it.  It's fine you can hate "Screech" all you want but when the Lakers start winning, please don't jump on their band wagon because I will call you out on it, so keep the hate going and hope he sucks. You have said you are a long time Laker fan and now you hate them because of Lonzo, so when they start winning if you root for them I will ignore it. Lakers in about 3 years will probably win the NBA Championship once Magic cleans out all the garbage. He will bring in at least 2 great Free Agents IMO and get the roster stacked. Deng will be gone shortly like Mozgov - 2 horrible contracts by Jim Buss/Mitch made that could set a team back 5 years. The 2 best players in the Draft are Lonzo and Fox and I will stick to my word like I always do. They both will better than Fultz IMO.

I was into the Lakers for a long time due to Kobe Bryant, it lost it's luster to me anyway after his retirement and with the ding dongs now being brought in there. I doubt my interest will return like it did for the old days with that team. So no worries there. And yes Kobe was hot too and a crush of mine for some time. I have his jersey and I used to be into him huge as a fan. 

I don't care even if the Lakers do win more in a few years but your expectations of them are far ahead of anything I would have in a crowded west.

If anyone but Lebron currently could win it all I would like to see it be Brad Stevens with the Celtics.

The only team I ever stick with if I hate anything about them is the Colts since they are the only real "loyalty" team I ever had. With other sports I use higher standards and jump around more.

Lonzo does play without a attitude..

He's emotionless..and he's got an elite knowledge of passing and passes..

To me. His 2 flaws are..

He's VERY right-handed....In the open court it doesn't mater...but he almost always comes back to his right hand to make a pass..

..and his jump shot is bad...That can be corrected....and he doenst need to score more than 10-12 points  game.

But his distance shot is not going to work in the NBA..

....He's faster than I thought he was..and he'll benefit on the dribble from the lack of traveling and carrying the ball in the NBA.

I think a lot of players will want to play with him because he'll make them look better than they are

Edited by oldunclemark

57 minutes ago, Jules said:

I was into the Lakers for a long time due to Kobe Bryant, it lost it's luster to me anyway after his retirement and with the ding dongs now being brought in there. I doubt my interest will return like it did for the old days with that team. So no worries there. And yes Kobe was hot too and a crush of mine for some time. I have his jersey and I used to be into him huge as a fan. 

I don't care even if the Lakers do win more in a few years but your expectations of them are far ahead of anything I would have in a crowded west.

If anyone but Lebron currently could win it all I would like to see it be Brad Stevens with the Celtics.

The only team I ever stick with if I hate anything about them is the Colts since they are the only real "loyalty" team I ever had. With other sports I use higher standards and jump around more.

Yeah I think the Colts will be OK this year, I really do. I will believe it more when I see Andrew healthy. I am just messing with you with this Basketball stuff (we would get great ratings though) as we have had an entertaining 2 year posting period regarding basketball, you are my friend. I may be a slap buddy to you when you private message people but that is cool. I just speak my mind but I like you, Crap happens. What do you think the Colts record will be this season? I see 10-6 but I said that last season and it was 8-8 and Brock beat us twice lmao 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Lonzo does play without a attitude..

He's emotionless..and he's got an elite knowledge pf passing and passes..

To me. His 2 flaws are..

He's VERY right-handed....In the open court it doesn't mater...but he almost always comes back to his right hand to make a pass..

..and his jump shot is bad...That can be corrected....and he doenst need to score more than 10-12 points  game.

But his distance shot is not going to work in the NBA..

....He's faster than I thought he was..and he'll benefit on the dribble from the last of traveling and carrying the ball.

I think a lot of players will want to play with him because he'll make them look better than they are

Lakers wont make the Playoffs this year but I think they will win 36 or so games. Then Magic will hit Free Agency hard next summer. I think Lonzo will put up good numbers though. Lakers only won 26 games last season. So 36 is a 10 game improvement. That is a nice improvement.

15 hours ago, aaron11 said:

somebody on the pacers forum mentioned having turner and sabonis switch positions on defense.  meaning turner is 5 on O and they switch on D.  that might create its own problems at times, but it could be worth a look

im not convinced we have anything other than a bench player or borderline starter in sabonis yet either.  if hes a starter that can average close to a double double then i can see us being no worse than last year

I dont think Sabonis and Turner will play together a lot.

......Sabonis is a better fit with Leaf.....Turner probably with Seraphin

Unless you have a preconceived notion....nobody know what Sabonis can do on offense..He certainly didn't have any plays run for him in OKC

He can play in the post and he can shoot the ball. But I love that he got his break-in year out of the way eslew here

WE got something good and he's 21

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lakers wont make the Playoffs this year but I think they will win 36 or so games. Then Magic will hit Free Agency hard next summer. I think Lonzo will put up good numbers though. Lakers only won 26 games last season. So 36 is a 10 game improvement. That is a nice improvement.

I wouldnt bet that they wont make the playoffs..

Obviously they're going to create a lot of excitement.

The summer league is sold out and a lot of those guys will be working at Target by january..

ESPN is loving this boy

....Walton's going to have them running and that's where Lonzo is strong..

....Folks will love to play with him because he doesnt  seem to need to shoot..

They do need spot up distance shooters

....But you're right. Don't listen to Paul George when he says he might stay in OKC.

That's what he said about Indy, too.   I dont know if Westbrook could play with Ball

But Kevin Love sure could....

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

people want his father to fail

The son failing helps make the father fail.   Just comes together.    Nothing wrong with rooting against a player for whatever reason someone has.   It's sports, and it comes with the territory.  

23 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Pacers offered George for the Warriors Thompson but GS said no.  That would have been interesting

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20011990/indiana-pacers-offered-paul-george-golden-state-warriors-klay-thompson

This just goes to show that Pritchard was doing more than some thought. Too bad the Warriors didn't agree with that trade.

Paul George seems to think the NBA would have vetoed it. I know George is a great player but IMO the NBA would not have vetoed that trade. George feels he is in the top 10 players in the league and I am not too sure about that.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I dont think Sabonis and Turner will play together a lot.

......Sabonis is a better fit with Leaf.....Turner probably with Seraphin

Unless you have a preconceived notion....nobody know what Sabonis can do on offense..He certainly didn't have any plays run for him in OKC

He can play in the post and he can shoot the ball. But I love that he got his break-in year out of the way eslew here

WE got something good and he's 21

you have a preconceived notion that he is going to be good

we dont know that yet

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

This just goes to show that Pritchard was doing more than some thought. Too bad the Warriors didn't agree with that trade.

Paul George seems to think the NBA would have vetoed it. I know George is a great player but IMO the NBA would not have vetoed that trade. George feels he is in the top 10 players in the league and I am not too sure about that.

The Warriors might have done it if he agreed to sign a contract extension.  I really think he'll be on the Lakers next summer unless he signs a contract extension with OKC before next summer.  We'll see I guess.

22 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

The Warriors might have done it if he agreed to sign a contract extension.  I really think he'll be on the Lakers next summer unless he signs a contract extension with OKC before next summer.  We'll see I guess.

It depends on how well OKC does. In the summer of 2018, PG, Westbrook, and Cousins are all Free Agents. So is LeBron. Magic is very capable of getting at least 2 of them if Lonzo BALLS out which he probably will.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It depends on how well OKC does. In the summer of 2018, PG, Westbrook, and Cousins are all Free Agents. So is LeBron. Magic is very capable of getting at least 2 of them if Lonzo BALLS out which he probably will.

I agree.  I think George will leave OKC unless another superstar gets traded there or agrees to sign there.  Lakers should just try to get George and Cousins next year in free agency.  Ball Caldwell-Pope George Randle Cousins.  That'd be a pretty solid team imo.  I don't want to see LeBron go there because I want to root for the Lakers to do well lol