Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

14 hours ago, Myles said:

It's just sports, you can root against someone for any reason you want.   It does not affect them at all.   I will root against Ball.   I will root against the whole Laker team.   I also root against the Cowboys, the Patriots, the Knicks, the Red Sox and many other whole teams.

:spit:

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Forget Lonzo for one second.   You missed my point badly.

Let me try again.

When I hear people say he (OR ANYONE ELSE) plays the game 'the right way'. I cringe

That's a cliché....a bad one...I was referring to the cliche

There is no 'right way' that doesn't include winning. 'Winning' is the right way.

Lonzo plays the way I prefer to see the game played

Thanks, glad you clarified it because I wasn't sure what you meant.

17 hours ago, akcolt said:

I agree about Bogie he's one of the new guys I'm most interested to see. GR3 is his primary back up as the roster sits. Lance and Thad could be asked to help maybe even TJ depending on the opponent. It would not be a bad idea to look at another wing. 

I realize that Niang was a developmental guy. I never understood why. Ike for instance has 7'6 wing span and is a plus athlete for his size. I understand the excitement about him but never saw it in Niang. 

None of us never saw it in Niang because he never played...6 games for the minor league team.averaged 17 a game, I believe,.

I don't think he was cut because he doenst have any clue.

I think he was cut because he's a developmental player who needs a couple of years to be a functional player and we need another wing now...we have 4s.

Bogie is really skilled...,,and he is one of those guys with the quick release 3

I just dont know who we'll feature on offense at the end of close games

We'll probably start 5 double figure scorers who haven't played together.

I dont know if a team like that can start the season and win much right away

Edited by oldunclemark

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Thanks, glad you clarified it because I wasn't sure what you meant.

Its okay..

Cliches bug me.

Another one is:   Lonzo (or anyone) makes his teammates better.

NO. No one makes anyone else better.

Lonzo made his summer league teammates LOOK better but when he left the floor they were the same CBA rejects and Latvian Olympic team hopefuls that they were before he got in the game with them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

A question for you, though.

I can see Lonzo playing with Paul George easily. Paul doesn't dominate the ball

But I cant see Ball playing with LBJ. LeBron wants the ball all the time..and Lonzo is going to be the lead guard in LA

I doubt the Lakers will sign LeBron if PG does indeed want to be a Laker. Magic knows too many Stars can also hurt a team. LeBron is one of the Best ever and a Top 10 player of all-time but he is also 33. PG is only 27. Magic has a young team right now and IMO knows building around Lonzo, Ingram, and PG is wise. That is some great youth.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I doubt the Lakers will sign LeBron if PG does indeed want to be a Laker. Magic knows too many Stars can also hurt a team. LeBron is one of the Best ever and a Top 10 player of all-time but he is also 33. PG is only 27. Magic has a young team right now and IMO knows building around Lonzo, Ingram, and PG is wise. That is some great youth.

I don't think LBJ to LA is logical.

LeBron may want to be a movie star but you don't have to live in LA to be in the movies.

..and you're right...LBJ at 33 and 34 is going to start resembling Michael Jordan with the Wizards.

It happens to everybody

I think Kevin Love is more likely to go to LA than LBJ is.

Love, Ingram, PG and Lonzo..add another big (playing PF at the '2') and you have a team that only GSW can match up with

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

I don't think LBJ to LA is logical.

LeBron may want to be a movie star but you don't have to live in LA to be in the movies.

..and you're right...LBJ at 33 and 34 is going to start resembling Michael Jordan with the Wizards.

It happens to everybody

I think Kevin Love is more likely to go to LA than LBJ is.

Love, Ingram, PG and Lonzo..add another big (playing PF at the '2') and you have a team that only GSW can match up with

Love would be a perfect for those 3 and he's what only 26 I think? He also is a Cali guy. Lonzo would get him a lot of easy baskets and 3 looks.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Love would be a perfect for those 3 and he's what only 26 I think? He also is a Cali guy. Lonzo would get him a lot of easy baskets and 3 looks.

Love is not appreciated in Cleveland..

He can play the post..he rebounds better than a 6-foot-8 guy should..

Obviously can step out and shoot 23s..

..and the half court and fast break passing show he and Lonzo would put on might bring Jack Nicholson and Dyan Cannon back to the Forum

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

..and the half court and fast break passing show he and Lonzo would put on might bring Jack Nicholson and Dyan Cannon back to the Forum

I even think Chevy Chase would start going to games again with a lineup of Lonzo, Ingram, PG, Love, and Lopez.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Although I would've never traded Wiggins, I do feel like Love is an easy target to get the blame when the Cavs lose. Nobody in the media ever blames LeBron or Kyrie, it's usually him or T. Thompson. Most people on ESPN give LeBron a pass for losing because he played the Warriors.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I actually loved Myles Post because I think the reason why so many people hate LeBron James, ESPN reports when he goes to the bathroom lmao. Joking but it seems like it.

Now it's what shoes Lonzo is wearing. Over and over even making headlines on ESPN. LOOK!! he is wearing the green ones!!!  OH, NOW LOOK!! he is wearing the blue ones!!  Oh MY GOD!!! He is wearing the pink ones!!!  It's enough to make anyone gag. :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Although I would've never traded Wiggins, I do feel like Love is an easy target to get the blame when the Cavs lose. Nobody in the media ever blames LeBron or Kyrie, it's usually him or T. Thompson. Most people on ESPN give LeBron a pass for losing because he played the Warriors.

Let's be real. There's a reason why Lebron or Kyrie seldomly ever get blamed for the Cavs losing. It's because they don't deserve to be blamed 95% of the time. Although Love does become an easy target for the Cav's woes....it's completely warranted for the most part. Love was brought into Cleveland to play a major role. However, if you've watched him play for the past 2 seasons, he's painfully inconsistent. Therefore, he should expect to receive large criticism when he doesn't perform. Similarly, Tristan (who is expected to live up to his near max contract) is also inconsistent. Some games he looks like he's worth that 80+ million dollar contract, while others not so much. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying LeBron or Kyrie is never at fault--because they are once in a blue moon. But when they are at fault, the media definitely holds them accountable. It just doesn't seem like that media ever targets LeBron or Kyrie because they usually don't have a game where they can become the scapegoat

8 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

None of us never saw it in Niang because he never played...6 games for the minor league team.averaged 17 a game, I believe,.

I don't think he was cut because he doenst have any clue.

I think he was cut because he's a developmental player who needs a couple of years to be a functional player and we need another wing now...we have 4s.

Bogie is really skilled...,,and he is one of those guys with the quick release 3

I just dont know who we'll feature on offense at the end of close games

We'll probably start 5 double figure scorers who haven't played together.

I dont know if a team like that can start the season and win much right away

One of my best friends is from Iowa so I get to see more than my share of Hawkeye football and Iowa and ISU bball I Doc my watch him in college and think oh boy one day. He couldn't hit the deep ball really wasn't much of a shooter I didn't see a skill that popped. 

Off subject a little Swanigan has looked pretty good in the summer league 

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I actually loved Myles Post because I think the reason why so many people hate LeBron James, ESPN reports when he goes to the bathroom lmao. Joking but it seems like it.

For me, and I think many others, the over-coverage of a team or player helps me decide who to root against.  Rooting against is as much fun as rooting for sometimes.   Now if the Cowboys are a 12-4 team, it won't bother me as much as when they are a 6-10 team but garner 25% of NFL coverage.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Boilermaker said:

Let's be real. There's a reason why Lebron or Kyrie seldomly ever get blamed for the Cavs losing. It's because they don't deserve to be blamed 95% of the time. Although Love does become an easy target for the Cav's woes....it's completely warranted for the most part. Love was brought into Cleveland to play a major role. However, if you've watched him play for the past 2 seasons, he's painfully inconsistent. Therefore, he should expect to receive large criticism when he doesn't perform. Similarly, Tristan (who is expected to live up to his near max contract) is also inconsistent. Some games he looks like he's worth that 80+ million dollar contract, while others not so much. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying LeBron or Kyrie is never at fault--because they are once in a blue moon. But when they are at fault, the media definitely holds them accountable. It just doesn't seem like that media ever targets LeBron or Kyrie because they usually don't have a game where they can become the scapegoat

IMO Love has never been utilized correctly in Cleveland.

• Like 2

On 6/25/2017 at 7:33 PM, oldunclemark said:

could we really have Lance play the point?

I love Lance...but starting at the point?  30 minutes a game?

If Teague wants $20 mil a year, we may see it.

But Lance can be crazy with the ball. I dont know. 

I actually am excited about Cory Joseph. I've loved him ever since he came into the league. His shooting needs to improve, but he brings energy. Him and Collison are both probably better suited as a sixth man, but they should be good rotating together. I still think we win 36-38 games.... 

2 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

I actually am excited about Cory Joseph. I've loved him ever since he came into the league. His shooting needs to improve, but he brings energy. Him and Collison are both probably better suited as a sixth man, but they should be good rotating together. I still think we win 36-38 games.... 

I like CJ too could be a big get

Lonzo played wonderful in summer league.. but his "hype" is too much..  just like Lebron coming outta high school was the second coming. We all appreciate a nobody more than the hype king. Unless, of course, your name is Andrew or Peyton lol :thmup: 

What do you guys think of the "new jerseys" shanangin?

17 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I don't know if LeBron would go to LA but I don't think its crazy to think he may leave again if the Cavs don't make a team to beat GS. 

Hell, maybe LeBron will go join GS haha

It's hard telling what he will do. After a while it starts looking bad moving from team to team. Shaq is a player I always liked because of his personality but once he started switching teams a lot it looked awful. I think LeBron will leave Cleveland at the end of the year because they wont win it all. If I was him, I would stay there, he has nothing to prove at this point because he won a Championship there and the city loves him. He has no chance now of becoming the GOAT anyway being 3-5 in Finals so why leave a city that bow's to you? No matter where he goes I don't think it would matter much unless it's the Spurs or OKC, OKC with PG staying. The Warriors are so much better than everyone else that is the problem. Lakers with he, PG, and Lonzo + Ingram would be a pretty good team but still not good enough to beat the Warriors. Lonzo is young right now so is Ingram.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I like CJ too could be a big get

Count me in the CoJo fan club too. I think he is going to be the starting PG. I am anxious to see  CoJo Dipo Bogie Turner and Sabonis play together. I think that is who KP sees as our future starting 5 with Lance as the 6th man. We could see that pretty quickly.  I still think we keep Thad around until the trade deadline. 

There is potential there to be a good group. None of the first 5 have hit their ceiling yet. I'm anxious to see them on the court playing together. GR3 and TJ coming off the bench. Ike in the wings developing. This young group has me interested to see them evolve. 

1 hour ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Lonzo played wonderful in summer league.. but his "hype" is too much..  just like Lebron coming outta high school was the second coming. We all appreciate a nobody more than the hype king. Unless, of course, your name is Andrew or Peyton lol :thmup: 

LeBron's hype was much worse than Lonzo's. A lot of Lonzo's hype is because of his dad. I have heard several people in the media + even people in here that say he will be a bust. Not 1 person said that about LeBron. Most people were comparing LeBron to Jordan or Magic when he was a rookie. I think because Lonzo played so great in the Summer League the hype has picked up more but he damn near averaged a TDB  and the Lakers won the Summer League. D'Angelo Russell even got more credit when he was drafted as everyone in the media was saying he would be great right off the bat. There are people that actually think Lonzo will be a bust. If they would just ignore his dad and watch him play it is common sense that he will be a solid Pro. How great he will be, not sure? But I wouldn't be shocked if he won Rookie of the Year and the Lakers improved 10 games or so.

Willie Reed to the Clippers 1yr 1.5M. I thought we would make a play for him and/or Simmons. Both have signed with new teams. That leaves Speights as the best available big and Shabazz as the  best available wing. Unless I'm missing someone. Neither are going to give much on D. 

I thought we were on Reed. We tried to bring him in last season. He was on our summer league team a few years back and we were interested earlier in FA. I feel like we could use another rim protector to bang down low and hit the boards. He can get out on the break play above the rim. He seemed like a good fit and if that contract is correct a good price. 

I don't think we get much from Ike this year. TJ isn't a banger/rim protector. That leaves Seraphin and Sabonis as the bigs. They are looking at big minutes. The only other big we have is Al. He can't play the way we want to play. He's not running up and down the floor.  

15 minutes ago, akcolt said:

Willie Reed to the Clippers 1yr 1.5M. I thought we would make a play for him and/or Simmons. Both have signed with new teams. That leaves Speights as the best available big and Shabazz as the  best available wing. Unless I'm missing someone. Neither are going to give much on D. 

I thought we were on Reed. We tried to bring him in last season. He was on our summer league team a few years back and we were interested earlier in FA. I feel like we could use another rim protector to bang down low and hit the boards. He can get out on the break play above the rim. He seemed like a good fit and if that contract is correct a good price. 

I don't think we get much from Ike this year. TJ isn't a banger/rim protector. That leaves Seraphin and Sabonis as the bigs. They are looking at big minutes. The only other big we have is Al. He can't play the way we want to play. He's not running up and down the floor.  

Very few players give much on D. Defense is a lost art.

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

LeBron's hype was much worse than Lonzo's. A lot of Lonzo's hype is because of his dad. I have heard several people in the media + even people in here that say he will be a bust. Not 1 person said that about LeBron. Most people were comparing LeBron to Jordan or Magic when he was a rookie. I think because Lonzo played so great in the Summer League the hype has picked up more but he damn near averaged a TDB  and the Lakers won the Summer League. D'Angelo Russell even got more credit when he was drafted as everyone in the media was saying he would be great right off the bat. There are people that actually think Lonzo will be a bust. If they would just ignore his dad and watch him play it is common sense that he will be a solid Pro. How great he will be, not sure? But I wouldn't be shocked if he won Rookie of the Year and the Lakers improved 10 games or so.

LBJ was a different animal. ESPN aired LeBron's high school games his senior year, I remember one for sure pretty sure there were a couple more. 

We will see how Lonzo's career goes. I'm not saying he isn't going to be a player. We have to keep perspective it's the summer league. He killed it his arrow is pointing up for sure. He will have people watching the Lakers again whether it be to love or hate him. I want to see the kid play. 

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Very few players give much on D. Defense is a lost art.

That's the truth bit Reed is one who does. I would have liked to see us add him especially for 1yr 1.5M. I liked Seraphin at the end of last season. He and Sabonis are our big fellas. Myles isn't a banger. It will be interesting to see what we do with the final spot. 

read something on pacers digest

guess who is the only team in the league that hasn't had a top 9 pick since 1989?

this is why i take issue with those that think i just want to tank the years away.  it wont kill us to get younger and accumulate some picks every once in a while

• Like 1

On 7/14/2017 at 4:15 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I think the Colts will be OK this year, I really do. I will believe it more when I see Andrew healthy. I am just messing with you with this Basketball stuff (we would get great ratings though) as we have had an entertaining 2 year posting period regarding basketball, you are my friend. I may be a slap buddy to you when you private message people but that is cool. I just speak my mind but I like you, Crap happens. What do you think the Colts record will be this season? I see 10-6 but I said that last season and it was 8-8 and Brock beat us twice lmao 

We're fine, don't worry. I just have been lazy coming online lately since I been busy this summer. Colts? Not sure. Every time I check I hear the Titans are now winning the division and Luck's arm is ready to be sawed off.

I am slowly trying to get my mind back into the heavy NFL swing of things again since I miss it now. I sometimes slow down on the NBA this time of year too for a while. 

I did not pay attention much to summer league since the early games but my goodness........yes the Lakers are the bees knees of summer league and basically wrote the book on it and Lonzo is the summer league naz.

I admit Lonzo has looked better then I thought he would as this thing went on since I managed to catch a few highlights on ESPN when they are not going OMG LOOK!!!!!!! HIS SNEAKERS LAST NIGHT WERE BLUE!!!!!!! THE NIGHT BEFORE THEY WERE PURPLE.

But I seriously am not the target audience for the Lonzo thing. The BBB thing. The sneakers. The whole "BBB is a mindset" thing or whatever. And what does that mean? I guess CLEARLY I am no Big Baller. Jules is never ever going to be Big Ballin with the homies.

Lonzo might end up being a good player but the Lakers might still really suck this year. The west is pretty good. I got no idea really but we'll see.........

• Like 1

For the record with all this Lebron stuff. I don't think anyone but Lebron knows what he wants to do. For starters, I used to even wonder if Lebron would retire earlier then people expected, like he would just kinda burn out. If he makes the finals again next year and loses, I do think he will eventually just get tired of this mentally.

And he is older now then when he went to Miami, he is going to be pushing 34 NEXT SUMMER, why would he want to go to a team and hang out with a bunch of kids who can't even drink? One of the big reasons that Lebron did go to Miami too is his close friendship with Wade.

Lebron is close with many Cavs players and his kids are getting older now and his wife is settled. Not sure he is moving again right now. Not to mention, his oldest son is into basketball too and seems to be developing a following. Which did start a fight by LaVar Ball about sons, so I am not sure I ever see Lebron playing with the Ball family.

I used to always hear Lebron wanted to hand the keys to the team to Kyrie Irving too someday. I used to think he would just retire with the Cavs and let Kyrie be the new face since he hinted at this. Cavs fans are always paranoid he is leaving though but then again they are not the sharpest tools in the shed most of the time.

If something shocking happens, I used to wonder if it would be Lebron retiring earlier then expected. Since he has been playing since right out of high school.

If Lebron leaves next summer I will be suprised. Unless it was say to a team like the Spurs where he was going to finally play with an all time great coach.

But again nobody but Lebron knows what he will do. We all can just speculate. He is still at peak physical form and high levels playing, so just enjoy it while it lasts. I hated losing Kobe and I will hate the day Lebron retires.

58 minutes ago, Jules said:

We're fine, don't worry. I just have been lazy coming online lately since I been busy this summer. Colts? Not sure. Every time I check I hear the Titans are now winning the division and Luck's arm is ready to be sawed off.

I am slowly trying to get my mind back into the heavy NFL swing of things again since I miss it now. I sometimes slow down on the NBA this time of year too for a while. 

I did not pay attention much to summer league since the early games but my goodness........yes the Lakers are the bees knees of summer league and basically wrote the book on it and Lonzo is the summer league naz.

I admit Lonzo has looked better then I thought he would as this thing went on since I managed to catch a few highlights on ESPN when they are not going OMG LOOK!!!!!!! HIS SNEAKERS LAST NIGHT WERE BLUE!!!!!!! THE NIGHT BEFORE THEY WERE PURPLE.

But I seriously am not the target audience for the Lonzo thing. The BBB thing. The sneakers. The whole "BBB is a mindset" thing or whatever. And what does that mean? I guess CLEARLY I am no Big Baller. Jules is never ever going to be Big Ballin with the homies.

Lonzo might end up being a good player but the Lakers might still really suck this year. The west is pretty good. I got no idea really but we'll see.........

Yeah the Summer League is really meaningless as I have Posted but I do think Lonzo proved a point by playing great in it. We wont really know how good he will be until the Regular Season. Yeah you haven't been on much and you and I have had our Basketball disagreements over the last season or so, so I never know what people think of me in private. I think highly of you as you friended me my 1st week here.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Jules said:

For the record with all this Lebron stuff. I don't think anyone but Lebron knows what he wants to do. For starters, I used to even wonder if Lebron would retire earlier then people expected, like he would just kinda burn out. If he makes the finals again next year and loses, I do think he will eventually just get tired of this mentally.

And he is older now then when he went to Miami, he is going to be pushing 34 NEXT SUMMER, why would he want to go to a team and hang out with a bunch of kids who can't even drink? One of the big reasons that Lebron did go to Miami too is his close friendship with Wade.

Lebron is close with many Cavs players and his kids are getting older now and his wife is settled. Not sure he is moving again right now. Not to mention, his oldest son is into basketball too and seems to be developing a following. Which did start a fight by LaVar Ball about sons, so I am not sure I ever see Lebron playing with the Ball family.

I used to always hear Lebron wanted to hand the keys to the team to Kyrie Irving too someday. I used to think he would just retire with the Cavs and let Kyrie be the new face since he hinted at this. Cavs fans are always paranoid he is leaving though but then again they are not the sharpest tools in the shed most of the time.

If something shocking happens, I used to wonder if it would be Lebron retiring earlier then expected. Since he has been playing since right out of high school.

If Lebron leaves next summer I will be suprised. Unless it was say to a team like the Spurs where he was going to finally play with an all time great coach.

But again nobody but Lebron knows what he will do. We all can just speculate. He is still at peak physical form and high levels playing, so just enjoy it while it lasts. I hated losing Kobe and I will hate the day Lebron retires.

I think LeBron should stay in Cleveland, Championship wise he really doesn't have anything to prove, he's won 3 and won 1 in Cleveland. He is Top 5 all-time by most peoples opinions. I have him barely outside of that as a fan that doesn't even like him but he's one of the best to do it and the city loves him. The media just likes to hype this Jordan/LeBron thing up regarding Championships. Obviously LeBron should do what makes him happy but I think it would look a lot better if he stayed in Cleveland. JMO

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah the Summer League is really meaningless as I have Posted but I do think Lonzo proved a point by playing great in it. We wont really know how good he will be until the Regular Season. Yeah you haven't been on much and you and I have had our Basketball disagreements over the last season or so, so I never know what people think of me in private. I think highly of you as you friended me my 1st week here.

I got bored with summer league, I seen some highlights of Lonzo and he did improve. Only problem is I am not sure this Lakers team is good enough with skilled shooters around him to take advantage of his passing and vision, at least for this season anyway. So his dads guarantee of making the playoffs is very risky by him. 

I think Ingram is going to be the main guy this year though in his second season.

Clearly the stuff with his dad and BBB is not geared for women like me. I am sure it does sell though for the younger crowd in California though. But it makes people like me roll their eyes.

I have to think Lonzo is selling jerseys already a lot too, ESPN seems to be in love with him.

I kinda fizzled with the Lakers though a bit anyway due to the fading Kobe era near the end........

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think LeBron should stay in Cleveland, Championship wise he really doesn't have anything to prove, he's won 3 and won 1 in Cleveland. He is Top 5 all-time by most peoples opinions. I have him barely outside of that as a fan that doesn't even like him but he's one of the best to do it and the city loves him. The media just likes to hype this Jordan/LeBron thing up regarding Championships. Obviously LeBron should do what makes him happy but I think it would look a lot better if he stayed in Cleveland. JMO

Lebron should just stay in Cleveland and well I bet he does, even if Cleveland fans and media will get all paranoid on it all for the next year. IF he leaves again, man I think he is getting a bit old for that. Unless he went to a team with more veterans but seriously this Lakers thing does not click with me and him AT ALL. And I would not be a fan of it either. I also got no idea why everyone thinks Lebron is into acting.

Only issue is Cleveland is kinda stuck, with cap space and draft picks and a few bad contracts.

What I used to hear about Lebron is him having potential interest in owning or part owning a team someday too and becoming more then just an NBA player.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jules said:

I got bored with summer league, I seen some highlights of Lonzo and he did improve. Only problem is I am not sure this Lakers team is good enough with skilled shooters around him to take advantage of his passing and vision, at least for this season anyway. So his dads guarantee of making the playoffs is very risky by him. 

I think Ingram is going to be the main guy this year though in his second season.

Clearly the stuff with his dad and BBB is not geared for women like me. I am sure it does sell though for the younger crowd in California though. But it makes people like me roll their eyes.

I have to think Lonzo is selling jerseys already a lot too, ESPN seems to be in love with him.

I kinda fizzled with the Lakers though a bit anyway due to the fading Kobe era near the end........

Lebron should just stay in Cleveland and well I bet he does, even if Cleveland fans and media will get all paranoid on it all for the next year. IF he leaves again, man I think he is getting a bit old for that. Unless he went to a team with more veterans but seriously this Lakers thing does not click with me and him AT ALL. And I would not be a fan of it either. I also got no idea why everyone thinks Lebron is into acting.

Only issue is Cleveland is kinda stuck, with cap space and draft picks and a few bad contracts.

What I used to hear about Lebron is him having potential interest in owning or part owning a team someday too and becoming more then just an NBA player.

I honestly cant stand his dad either, the way he brags about himself, talks about white people at times, and talks about women. His shoe at 495 is a bit ridiculous too. Believe me it bothers me but I think Lonzo seems like a good kid. He is just quiet most of the time and rarely brags about himself. If he had his dad's attitude I wouldn't be able to stand him.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Well im sure they will improve a little.. i mean the west clearly got better. He looked good. And yes his dad is thr one who hyped him up this year.  And because of that. Solid pro or not. Im expecting him to exceed Steph Curry status this year.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I just read up on the new jersey thing.  I actually saw a picture of the new look jerseys and I dis like 3 of the 5 Bulls jerseys lol.  I also read the home team gets to pick which jersey they want to wear then the Road team has to pick white or a secondary color pending what the home team picks.  So the NBA is going away from strictly home white and dark away.  Kind of interesting. I am a fan of Nike though.  I wonder if Nike will make the name and number shirts now?  And if they do I wonder what they'll cost?  I like those.

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 9:40 AM, oldunclemark said:

dg..

You can put anybody in any spot but ....

There's no way TJ Leaf is a '3' ..he didn't play there in the summer leagu..

and Lance is simply too small to defend  LBJ or Durant or someone like PG 

Lance Stephenson has always been a guard...Glenn is about 6foot-4 1/2

I agree that Bojan and TJ Leaf are and will be superior to Niang..and management agrees with you, too

....but we need a small forward..

....we need more scoring..and we need another '3' defender.. Thad Young cant guard everybody

Lance, Leaf and Bojan are not perimiter defenders...I think we can agree

Nobody cuts a 'project' draft choice after one season...unles there is another reason

I think we needed the roster spot....a move is clearly coming, in my opinion

It's been 5 days...nothing on the horizon. KP wants to enter camp with 17 bodies so of course there will be a few more signings....but Niang wasn't cut so they could turn around and sign someone. They can go over 15.....they just can't start the season with over 15. He was cut for 1.3 million reasons...money to be used in trade exception to take on a player or just to sign one out right. Cap space is valuable and for a guy that had no career projection to begin with...last I heard he had a sprained knee could be more serious I don't know but he got waived for the money. It's been almost a week...there was nothing imminant....just endless speculation by people paid way to much to make stuff up.

I agree we don't have an ideal 3 on the roster...I do think we will add some wing help. That said your going to get several players rotated through that position. Leaf should be a 4 but his weak body will hurt him. Honestly he can't play defense anywhere....he will be a nightmare to have on the floor. To weak to guard bigs and to slow of foot and lacking lateral quickness to guard 3 or pick n roll situations..he is going to get exposed no matter where he plays. I wouldn't be surprised to see him on some time at the 3 against slower bigger bodied 3s like melo etc who he might be able to keep in front of him and not get bullied by down low. I hated the pick....hope I'm wrong but I don't see this kid helping us. Lance is strong enough to play the 3....it isn't ideal but heck we've had him guard Lebron over the years...he is strong enough to hold his own against most non-elite 3s. To me this team is a defensive nightmare. With the exception of Dipo, CoJo, and Young we have issues at that end....and without PG to bail us out on the offensive end.....well we lost a lot. It's definitely a rebuilding year. I do think they will play hard every night and give us something to cheer for but I see a lot of 110 pt nights from the opposing teams....definitely not the old Pacers we knew and loved.

18 hours ago, Jules said:

I think he moves on for the very reason your stating. He is getting ready for his post-nba transition. He owns studios in LA....huge house in LA...mecca of media. His whole operation is run out of LA (all his lackies etc work and live out of there). I would be shocked if he doesn't go there....and not to play with rookies....to play with veterans. Ingram would be in his 3rd season....hitting his stride....lonzo in his second...the rest of the team would be guys like possibly PG (to carry the load) and look who else is free agents at that time....good friend Melo could opt out...Wade will be free...CP will be free agent...they will get guys to take less than max and sign 3 and 4 of them....or possibly get the lakers to trade Ingram for someone under contract if he wants. Lakers will be a prime destination next offseason for several players....if your going to not win anymore championships...and LBJ might not considering the Warriors team you might as well lose in style and in the best city to promote in.....and LA qualifies for that. He will make it look like Gilbert forced his hand...I gave Cleveland a championship and now I'm moving on. You will see tons of guys sign one year minimum contracts to go to LA...no problem filling out the roster. I'd say it is 75-25 he goes...maybe it will be somewhere else but Cleveland can't get better....and if a team like Boston is set to pass Lebron in the East....he is going to move on...he did it before...when the going gets tough...Lebron takes his ball and goes home. He clearly doesn't like Clevelands owner so I see no reason he would have loyalty to stay...and I wouldn't even be surprised if Magic promises Lebron a piece of the Lakers under the table if he will hang it up there....so after he retires they sell him a minority stake in the team....I don't put it past winking Magic at all.