Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

1 hour ago, MTC said:

Can't say I'm surprised really. There wasn't much room for him on the roster, especially at the 4 position. 

I have never been a Niang fan. I am not surprised or upset with letting him go. The 4/5 has been thinned down some. Christmas and now Niang being cut. We  declined Lavoy's option. It won't be easy but hopefully we are trying to move Al. We should be looking at adding a big. 

I don't think we can expect much from Ike this season. He's prime canadite for the G league. TJ's summer league play looked like he needs to get stronger. That just leaves Sabonis and Seraphin behind Thad and Myles. 

I'm not sure I'd move Thad as another poster suggested. I think we need him to start the season. I'd look to get the young guys settled in then move him at the trade deadline.

Willie Reed is a guy rumors have connected us with. He was on our summer league team a few years back. Then we tried to sign him last year before he ended up in Miami on a one year deal. I think we get him this year. He would give us an atheletic big who can play fast and can give minutes at the 4 or 5. He's a rim protector who will bang inside and hit the glass. That's just what we need. 

20 hours ago, Jules said:

I will keep Mitchell in mind. Have not seen him yet but will look for him in the regular season. Thanks.

6'3 guard with 7' wingspan....put up 37 and 8 steals the other night out of Louisville. Killed my hoosiers...great wing prospect in my opinion...good 3 and D kid.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MTC said:

Can't say I'm surprised really. There wasn't much room for him on the roster, especially at the 4 position. 

Yep had this year guarantee if he was on the roster past today...saved us about 1.4 million. It was a no brainer.

Just now, RockThatBlue said:

Will be one of the better players from this draft, IMO.

Yep if he can be consistent with his shooting he already is a slasher and his defense is probably best in the draft. That wingspan on close outs will change a lot of shots and he has active hands....gets in passing lanes good too. Really wanted the kid but knew he would never fall enough to us.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, akcolt said:

I have never been a Niang fan. I am not surprised or upset with letting him go. The 4/5 has been thinned down some. Christmas and now Niang being cut. We  declined Lavoy's option. It won't be easy but hopefully we are trying to move Al. We should be looking at adding a big. 

I don't think we can expect much from Ike this season. He's prime canadite for the G league. TJ's summer league play looked like he needs to get stronger. That just leaves Sabonis and Seraphin behind Thad and Myles. 

I'm not sure I'd move Thad as another poster suggested. I think we need him to start the season. I'd look to get the young guys settled in then move him at the trade deadline.

Willie Reed is a guy rumors have connected us with. He was on our summer league team a few years back. Then we tried to sign him last year before he ended up in Miami on a one year deal. I think we get him this year. He would give us an atheletic big who can play fast and can give minutes at the 4 or 5. He's a rim protector who will bang inside and hit the glass. That's just what we need. 

Actually, "Ike" has a big club contract..and that surprised me

....Its not a G=-league deal.

He can still be sent down but I'm thinking they want him to work with the big team.

And I'm thinking Big Al may still be with us....if only to school the younger boys in practice

21 hours ago, MTC said:

I liked him but he's very average at everything.....He didnt show a real strength.

He's the kind of guy who might want to go overseas and play a few years to develop

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 6:31 AM, Myles said:

The son failing helps make the father fail.   Just comes together.    Nothing wrong with rooting against a player for whatever reason someone has.   It's sports, and it comes with the territory.  

I have to disagree. I wont root against someone because of someone else.

There is something wrong with that. Its not logical..

I wouldnt even root against Aaron Rodgers because he dumped that fine-looking Olivia Munn..

Lonzo is quiet and respectful....Nothing he says is even close to bragging. I like that.   And he respects Magic Johnson clearly

One day...Lonzo will quietly let it slip in an interview that he has asked his Psycho Dad' to tone it down on the other side of town.  Go make my younger brothers life miserable..

Its coming. It may have already happened..

Edited by oldunclemark
  • Like 1

Has Shabazz Muhammad signed?

6-foot-6, 230......9.5 a game...(but hes done better in the past)

experienced though only 25 years old..lost his role when the Timberwolves signed Jimmy Butler..

.....Might want more than we have

Edited by oldunclemark

37 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I have to disagree. I wont root against someone because of someone else.

There is something wrong with that. Its not logical..

I wouldnt even root against Aaron Rodgers because he dumped that fine-looking Olivia Munn..

Lonzo is quiet and respectful....Nothing he says is even close to bragging. I like that.   And he respects Magic Johnson clearly

One day...Lonzo will quietly let it slip in an interview that he has asked his Psycho Dad' to tone it down on the other side of town.  Go make my younger brothers life miserable..

Its coming. It may have already happened..

I agree. The only reason why I ever hear that people root against him is because of his dad being a loudmouth. I mean what kind of logic is that to root against a player? That would be like someone in here being great at their job but their boss makes life a living hell for you because you have a mom or dad that constantly calls your place of work. You have no control over that nor does Lonzo when it comes to his dad. I just think that logic is silly. At least I have had legit reasons for not liking LeBron - like leaving Cleveland to go to Miami for example to assure getting an easy Ring teaming up with Wade and Bosh. I could care less what his mom does or says. By the way she slept with Delonte West (he was a Cavs player when LeBron was there during his first stint) but I could care less about that. If LaVar slept with a Laker girl the Lonzo haters would pile on Lonzo though. Every interview I have ever seen of Lonzo, he has been pretty humble and calm. I hope the guy dominates because I just think hating someone because of their dad makes absolutely no sense.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2017 at 0:12 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lonzo another TDB, Lakers win = 16/10/12. So lets throw out Summer League which I always do anyway and just wait for the real season when he will dominate too lmao. You Haters will be nowhere to be found. It's ashame you hate this kid because he has a goofy shot and his daddy is a butt hole but Magic made the right pick IMO. If Lonzo played D'Angelo Russell right now 1 on 1, I would put huge money on Lonzo without even hesitating and Lonzo is even more of Passer. He would still win though, taller and stronger. He would just take him inside. Lakers fans have to be excited with Lonzo and Ingram and the way Magic will bring in Free Agents. The Kuzma Draft pick was a steal too. Getting rid of Mozgov's contract and picking up Lopez was huge too. Magic knows his stuff! Pope on a 1 year deal was a great move too.

As long as youre here when the Lakers send a top 5 pick to Philadelphia or Boston at the end of this season

Fifth straight year in the lottery. Just as long as those tanking Sixers have been there. I dont care about Lonzo, but seeing Lakers suck is just marvelous

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I'm thinking that and the cutting of George N...are tied together, right?

Not so much for the cash (George wasnt making much) but to open the last roster spot

He had a 1.4 million guarantee if he was on the roster past the 14th. Doubt he was going to be kept regardless the injury. Cutting him saved 1.3 million. Honestly I think the media thought that cutting him meant we were looking to sign someone immediately but really it was a contractual thing. I'm sure we fill out the roster but I doubt one had to do with the other.

3 hours ago, HOFClipboardHolder said:

As long as youre here when the Lakers send a top 5 pick to Philadelphia or Boston at the end of this season

Fifth straight year in the lottery. Just as long as those tanking Sixers have been there. I dont care about Lonzo, but seeing Lakers suck is just marvelous

My guess is you hate the Lakers not so much Lonzo but obviously if Lonzo fails that is a win for you because you don't like the Lakers. Am I right or wrong?

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

He had a 1.4 million guarantee if he was on the roster past the 14th. Doubt he was going to be kept regardless the injury. Cutting him saved 1.3 million. Honestly I think the media thought that cutting him meant we were looking to sign someone immediately but really it was a contractual thing. I'm sure we fill out the roster but I doubt one had to do with the other.

I'm not sure that cutting him saved 1.3 mil. The way I saw it explained..cutting him saves about $400,000 because he had a bonus guarantee.  $400,000 is not enough to cut a 2nd year player on a rebuilding team for..

Even if it was $1.4...

We don't have but one real small forward (Glenn is a guard) and George was a '3' not a '4'

He was a choice of ours and he plays a position where we have a total of one guy. (Bojan)

To me. Nobody cuts their own low paid 2nd round draft choice after one year unless they need that roster spot

I cant see Lance as the '3'...although the acquisition of Collison AND Joseph suggests Lance wont be the point guard

Edited by oldunclemark
spell

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I'm not sure that cutting him saved 1.3 mil. The way I saw it explained..cutting him saves about $400,000 because he had a bonus guarantee.  $400,000 is not enough to cut a 2nd year player on a rebuilding team for..

Even if it was $1.4...

We don't have but one real small forward (Glenn is a guard) and George was a '3' not a '4'

He was a choice of ours and he plays a position where we have a total of one guy. (Bojan)

To me. Nobody cuts their own low paid 2nd round draft choice after one year unless they need that roster spot

I cant see Lance as the '3'...although the acquisition of Collison AND Joseph suggests Lance wont be the point guard

According to hoopshype and ESPN it saved 1.3 and this we only had to pay him 100,000. http://hoopshype.com/player/georges-niang/ He wasn't ever going to play for us. Way way to slow to play the 3. When he got injured that pretty much assured he wasn't remaining on the team. Despite my feelings about Bogs and Leaf they are both far superior players than Niang. No reason to waste the money on the young man he had no business on our roster to begin with.

As for a 3 we will see Bogs, Lance, Leaf, and Young all play time there...and yes GRIII a bit too depending on matchups. I do feel we  pick up another wing player but he was cut because of the money..it opens up a spot for sure but this was about money....because that savings will give us flexibility along with the open spot.

15 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Has Shabazz Muhammad signed?

6-foot-6, 230......9.5 a game...(but hes done better in the past)

experienced though only 25 years old..lost his role when the Timberwolves signed Jimmy Butler..

.....Might want more than we have

Bazz hasn't signed with anyone. Proir to this season he averaged 13.5 and 10.5 points per game. I like Bazz and wanted to bring him in earlier in FA.

After adding Bogdanovich I'm not so sure we have much to offer. We can't give him a bunch of mins or money. 

8 hours ago, dgambill said:

According to hoopshype and ESPN it saved 1.3 and this we only had to pay him 100,000. http://hoopshype.com/player/georges-niang/ He wasn't ever going to play for us. Way way to slow to play the 3. When he got injured that pretty much assured he wasn't remaining on the team. Despite my feelings about Bogs and Leaf they are both far superior players than Niang. No reason to waste the money on the young man he had no business on our roster to begin with.

I'm not sure what we thought Niang was going to do either. You don't like Bogie? I haven't seen a lot of him. I'm interested to see what he can do here. He has a NBA career high of 44 points..That's a lot of points. He had a strong showing at the Olympics last summer leading all players with 25.3 ppg. I,guess he can score. 

I'm pretty sure the 25 ppg is an Olympic record. That's probsbly the most I've seen him. Then a couple of times with the Wiz. I try not to see much of the Nets. He broke a few of a Croatian records held by a guy I did see play a bit. If he can play like anything like Petrovic I will take it.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dgambill said:

As for a 3 we will see Bogs, Lance, Leaf, and Young all play time there...and yes GRIII a bit too depending on matchups. I do feel we  pick up another wing player but he was cut because of the money..it opens up a spot for sure but this was about money....because that savings will give us flexibility along with the open spot.

dg..

You can put anybody in any spot but ....

There's no way TJ Leaf is a '3' ..he didn't play there in the summer leagu..

and Lance is simply too small to defend  LBJ or Durant or someone like PG 

Lance Stephenson has always been a guard...Glenn is about 6foot-4 1/2

I agree that Bojan and TJ Leaf are and will be superior to Niang..and management agrees with you, too

....but we need a small forward..

....we need more scoring..and we need another '3' defender.. Thad Young cant guard everybody

Lance, Leaf and Bojan are not perimiter defenders...I think we can agree

Nobody cuts a 'project' draft choice after one season...unles there is another reason

I think we needed the roster spot....a move is clearly coming, in my opinion

3 hours ago, akcolt said:

Bazz hasn't signed with anyone. Proir to this season he averaged 13.5 and 10.5 points per game. I like Bazz and wanted to bring him in earlier in FA.

After adding Bogdanovich I'm not so sure we have much to offer. We can't give him a bunch of mins or money. 

I'm not sure what we thought Niang was going to do either. You don't like Bogie? I haven't seen a lot of him. I'm interested to see what he can do here. He has a NBA career high of 44 points..That's a lot of points. He had a strong showing at the Olympics last summer leading all players with 25.3 ppg. I,guess he can score. 

I'm pretty sure the 25 ppg is an Olympic record. That's probsbly the most I've seen him. Then a couple of times with the Wiz. I try not to see much of the Nets. He broke a few of a Croatian records held by a guy I did see play a bit. If he can play like anything like Petrovic I will take it.  

Guys Niang was a guy you develop...we didnt have the time...or didn't want to take the time

(or we needed that roster spot as the media suggests)

Maybe the change at GM....signaled his his ouster...we hardly gave him a chance

Bojan is a very good offensive.player..

.....He isn't going to lock up DeRozen or Kawhi defensively...but he shoots well, passes well..can put the ball on the floor a little..

...we're going to like him....and it sounds like he's looking forward to starting

But we need more on the permieter offensivey and defensively

• Like 1

Just now, RockThatBlue said:

I'm interested in seeing how Davis and Cousins will play together next year. Especially with a full offseason together.

Me too, that is some serious Twin Tower stuff. I think shoe in's for the Playoffs in the West will be the Warriors, Spurs, Thunder, Rockets but after that not sure? I like the Wolves on paper a lot. Pelicans could make the Playoffs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Me too, that is some serious Twin Tower stuff. I think shoe in's for the Playoffs in the West will be the Warriors, Spurs, Thunder, Rockets but after that not sure? I like the Wolves on paper a lot. Pelicans could make the Playoffs.

It may take a few years but the T Wolves are building a serious bball team. Towns now has Butler to play with. That will be a fun duo. They could be a sleeper team out West. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It may take a few years but the T Wolves are building a serious bball team. Towns now has Butler to play with. That will be a fun duo. 

I have never watched Summer League in my life but have been watching ever since Lonzo got ripped to shreds in his 1st game. Lakers are rolling tonight again, Lonzo just literally punched passed a ball on a straight line on a fast break! He has 10 Points as well. Lakers up 34-24 after the 1st Qtr. Mavs are the best team record wise out there in this but Lonzo is just killing it.