Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

On 7/8/2017 at 0:21 PM, oldunclemark said:

Get over Paul George,. You're going to have to.

He was born in LA..we didn't put ourselves in that position..

We couldnt trade him at midseason anymore than Utah could have traded Hayward at midseason/

Or OKC could have traded Durant bat season

That's message board insanity...

Paul George was the 10th pick.

Its a hindsight argument to say that you can only get good players in the Top10 and use PG drafted 10th as proof. Myles Turner was draft 111th. Jimmy Butler was 30th You make it sound like the dn nof the world. WE can never get any good players because we're the Pacers.

And you don't realize how negative and defeated that sounds

Trading all-stars for drafts choices is tanking by definition.

You are blind.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I like Curry as well and Have him 3rd, so to have him 2nd isn't wrong thinking IMO. Curry is definitely the best 3 point shooter I have ever seen and I never thought I would see anyone better than Reggie at shooting those.

I am with you there. Silly as it is  I didn't like Curry much at first because of that. He has that same fearlessness that made Reg great.

There was never a moment to big for 31 He'd  put it up on anyone anytime friom anywhere. If we had the ball with a tick left you knew we were going to win it and Reggie was going to drain it. I can hear Slick Leonard BOOM BABY!!  

We had some great moments. 

Why doesn't JO get the respect he deserves? Is it about tbe Palace? The guy was one of the best bigs in the league from 2001-2007 A  20/10 guy.  He wasn't even the teams player of the decade for 2000's. I'm not trying to take anything away from Granger but come JO was on 3 All NBA teams and 6 All Stsr teams in the 2000's. Danny was drafted in 2006. He lead us to the ECF. He resigned as a FA when the Spurs wanted him to come play with Timmy D. He should have the #7 hanging. 

Side note fans were not excited when we sent DD to Portland to get JO much a lot were not excited when we drafted Reggie. Guess who most aren't excited now....if you are thinking Vic you are right. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Myles said:

Interesting that those 3 were all drafted with a top 10 draft pick.

I get it you think the Pacers need to tank despite the fact that we have been contenders without it. Yoiu keep showing everyone how smart you are maybe KP or the Simons will hear you. 

Do you know Vic and Sabonis are lottery picks? This might keep you busy for a minute How many top 10 picks are there every year? Shoes on. How many Magic Bird and MJ's are there in a draft?  You can take them off 

1 hour ago, akcolt said:

I am with you there. Silly as it is  I didn't like Curry much at first because of that. He has that same fearlessness that made Reg great.

There was never a moment to big for 31 He'd  put it up on anyone anytime friom anywhere. If we had the ball with a tick left you knew we were going to win it and Reggie was going to drain it. I can hear Slick Leonard BOOM BABY!!  

We had some great moments. 

Why doesn't JO get the respect he deserves? Is it about tbe Palace? The guy was one of the best bigs in the league from 2001-2007 A  20/10 guy.  He wasn't even the teams player of the decade for 2000's. I'm not trying to take anything away from Granger but come JO was on 3 All NBA teams and 6 All Stsr teams in the 2000's. Danny was drafted in 2006. He lead us to the ECF. He resigned as a FA when the Spurs wanted him to come play with Timmy D. He should have the #7 hanging. 

Side note fans were not excited when we sent DD to Portland to get JO much a lot were not excited when we drafted Reggie. Guess who most aren't excited now....if you are thinking Vic you are right. 

I think a lot of it has to do with the Palace incident in 2005 regarding JO. Losing in the 2004 Conference Finals with HCA to Detroit didn't help either. After 2005, a lot of fans just didn't gravitate to the team. We had guys getting in trouble with the law like Tinsley and Jackson and as a team weren't appealing. We had a lot of good dudes on the team when we had Reggie during the 90's, Rik, and the Davis's. We were a real likable team. We should've won the Championship in 1998 IMO, had we got by Chicago I think we would've. We barely lost to them in 7 games. Utah was much better in 1997, they weren't as healthy in 1998 as the Bulls took them out again.

On 7/8/2017 at 2:57 PM, oldunclemark said:

You guys are a lot younger than I am

When I was young..Superman got dressed in a phone booth and Clark Kent worked in a newspaper office.

Now, phone booths are gone and newspaper offices are almost gone

When you was Young ., The Comics were on Cave Walls .:hat:

1 hour ago, Luck is Good said:

Cory Joseph is a good player. Not a bad move here. Besides the PG deal, I agree with everything KP has done

I think he was kinda backed into a corner on that deal and took the best offer of young talent he could get. I don't think he had the authority from ownership on a total tank...he had to go rebuild on the run I think. Could there been another young player maybe better than dipo/sabonis...perhaps but to send him out west and get that....it was fine. The team liked dipo so that's fine..that's who they like.

Corey Joseph has the ability to be a nice defender and a good spark off the bench. He has 1+1 left on his deal and will likely opt out. What I love about all these deals is that they are very flexible....only partially guaranteed for next year or options...that means all these guys like DC, CoJo, and Boja are prime players for trade acquisitions by playoff contenders looking to add a cheap piece to their rotation might come off a late first or if we want to free up cap room next summer we could come off these contracts very easily. With Monta and ALs horrible contracts coming off the books soon too that should mean we could have max level money next offseason if we can attract a big name free agent. I won't hold my breath but there is that real option.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think he was kinda backed into a corner on that deal and took the best offer of young talent he could get. I don't think he had the authority from ownership on a total tank...he had to go rebuild on the run I think. Could there been another young player maybe better than dipo/sabonis...perhaps but to send him out west and get that....it was fine. The team liked dipo so that's fine..that's who they like.

Corey Joseph has the ability to be a nice defender and a good spark off the bench. He has 1+1 left on his deal and will likely opt out. What I love about all these deals is that they are very flexible....only partially guaranteed for next year or options...that means all these guys like DC, CoJo, and Boja are prime players for trade acquisitions by playoff contenders looking to add a cheap piece to their rotation might come off a late first or if we want to free up cap room next summer we could come off these contracts very easily. With Monta and ALs horrible contracts coming off the books soon too that should mean we could have max level money next offseason if we can attract a big name free agent. I won't hold my breath but there is that real option.

Yeah KP has been doing some work. Getting rid of the players that have no business being on the team. I like that approach

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Fultz High Ankle Sprain - done for the summer was the headline over at ESPN. Summer League = MEH! Already injured in his 2nd Summer League game. I seen where Magic had Ingram pulled out of even playing in that league after he came down awkwardly on his foot the other night.

Summer league is always like that. You don't want your stars getting undercut or have someone make an over zealous close out on them. Its for the young kids that get no playing time during the year a chance to run the court and compete a little. There is always going to be some young bucks trying to make a roster and might try to target a potential star and prove something so you don't want to open these guys up to an injury. I typically think summer league means next to nothing. Perhaps a chance to see if a guys athleticism matches up to anticipation or see if a guy has range on his jumper.

On 7/5/2017 at 9:52 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

OK Genius, since you like to clown on every Post I make what would've been your solution? I suppose you are happy with we what we got? I like Bradley but I would've been fine with Tatum and Smart actually, Tatum was the 3rd pick in the Draft and plays the same position as PG. I throw out examples of how we could've done better, all you do is Post how silly my Posts are. So let me hear your GM expertise at work.

You just don`t have any idea of reality. Tatum was Never an option. Ainge isn`t the fool you think he is.
That is all.
 Not a fan of taking mid to late rd picks for guys that may be something 3 years from now which is what Boston may have been willing to offer at the last minute. Same as Portland, and they would have thrown in Allen Crabbe at $19M, or Evan Turner at $17M. chuckle
 Not at all excited by what we got, It IS what IT IS.  Infantile speculation and B_____g  is for kids.
  After the Joseph pickup, i think we can play some competitive BB for 48 minutes.
 Maybe even win 42 games.
 Bye Paul. Have fun in Oklahoma and LOL at that Max deal in your future.

• Like 1

I think we are pretty set on our roster unless something crazy comes along. Doubt we can move Al...doubt we want to move Young since he is versatile. This team looks like a possible 8 seed or just outside.....only because the East is so weak but I think if we are competitive we will let them make a run for it...Atlanta imploded their roster and Chicago will take a bigger step back then us so that is two other teams I think out of the playoffs....I think Charlotte did nice things and Miami are both playoff teams....so to me we are right there fighting for that last spot again. I think we are better than Chicago or Detroit and I can't see the 76ers making that big of a jump just yet. What's sad is that if they didn't have conferences that there might only be 5 maybe 6 teams in the playoffs from the East if they just did one big bracket...the West is loaded.

DC/CoJo

Dipo/Lance

Boja/Leaf/GRIII

Young/Sabonis/Ike

Turner/Seraphin/Big Al

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I think we are pretty set on our roster unless something crazy comes along. Doubt we can move Al...doubt we want to move Young since he is versatile. This team looks like a possible 8 seed or just outside.....only because the East is so weak but I think if we are competitive we will let them make a run for it...Atlanta imploded their roster and Chicago will take a bigger step back then us so that is two other teams I think out of the playoffs....I think Charlotte did nice things and Miami are both playoff teams....so to me we are right there fighting for that last spot again. I think we are better than Chicago or Detroit and I can't see the 76ers making that big of a jump just yet. What's sad is that if they didn't have conferences that there might only be 5 maybe 6 teams in the playoffs from the East if they just did one big bracket...the West is loaded.

DC/CoJo

Dipo/Lance

Boja/Leaf/GRIII

Young/Sabonis/Ike

Turner/Seraphin/Big Al

The C rotation scares me

• Like 1

2 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

You just don`t have any idea of reality. Tatum was Never an option. Ainge isn`t the fool you think he is.
That is all.
 Not a fan of taking mid to late rd picks for guys that may be something 3 years from now which is what Boston may have been willing to offer at the last minute. Same as Portland, and they would have thrown in Allen Crabbe at $19M, or Evan Turner at $17M. chuckle
 Not at all excited by what we got, It IS what IT IS.  Infantile speculation and B_____g  is for kids.
  After the Joseph pickup, i think we can play some competitive BB for 48 minutes.
 Maybe even win 42 games.
 Bye Paul. Have fun in Oklahoma and LOL at that Max deal in your future.

I got plenty of idea what reality is. I wont totally disagree with you though that Tatum was never an option. A lot of your Post makes sense actually but the reality is we could've got more IMO. Even you just Posted you are not excited with what we got. I just threw Tatum out there as an example because he wasn't even on their Roster last season. They also just traded Bradley, Olynyk, and a 2nd Round pick like it was nothing.

6 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Pacers are about to acquire Cory Joseph

excellent...

Joseph. Collison, Oladipo and Lance Stephenson..

That's a good back court, folks..with Joe Young in reserve....

Our front court is very young but with Myles Turner and Thad Young, in the East, this is a playoff team

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

excellent...

Joseph. Collison, Oladipo and Lance Stephenson..

That's a good back court, folks..with Joe Young in reserve....

Our front court is very young but with Myles Turner and Thad Young, in the East, this is a playoff team

As I said earlier I am a little worried about our C rotation 

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

DC/CoJo

Dipo/Lance

Boja/Leaf/GRIII

Young/Sabonis/Ike

Turner/Seraphin/Big Al

We all have different views of how good a team and talent this is.

But I'd like to commend Kevin Pritchard for creating this group out of a bad situation...

....We were losing CJ Miles..so we got Cory Joseph.

We were losing Paul George..so we got Sabonis and Victor Oladipo...

Washington was in a cap space bind so sliced up what we owed Monta and got Bogdonavic..

WE may or may not have a good team but we do have a GM who can deal.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

'C rotation".////explain...center?

Myles Turner and Sepahin were with us last year.. They were fine

Sabonis is also a center

our question is offense and defense at small forward, right?

21 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am going to bed here in a minute and don't even care about this crap one way or another to be honest because the people that hate him, hate him. I think the hate Lonzo gets is so stupid and it's based on his dad being a loud mouth. If people on here want to bash him and say he's a bust because of 1 bad Summer League game then I hope it makes them feel good. All I did, was point out he had a TDB. 11 Rebounds and 11 Assists is pretty impressive by anyone's standards. 11 Points is ok as well when you have 11 Assists. As far as debating with people in here about Lonzo from here and out, I am not going to do it anymore though after tonight because I am getting to old for the nonsense back and forth stuff with people. If people want to bash him then go for it if that gives them thrills and joy. I said my peace about it and I know he will be Very Good if not Great. He has an all-around game where he can Assist/Rebound/and Score. If he improves his shot which he will, he will be a Great Pro. I will just let his play speak for itself from here on out and let D Russell lovers watch that guy disappear in Brooklyn.

You basically just summed up why everyone hates him with this little essay rant. I already told you, people don't like Lonzo because he had amazingly glaring red flags and a huge bust potential. Yes, his dad is an butt. But that don't take away that Lonzo's shooting mechanics are god awful, and I'm pretty sure I linked you to a brilliant article that went through all his flaws. If it weren't for all this hype, he wouldn't have even went in the first round. I guess you didn't read it, since you are just going off screaming at me how wrong I am cause you hate D'Angelo Russell so much and hope that kid fails cause Lonzo is some future Hall of Famer. 

Most people probably don't like him cause when we criticize him, or don't fall to our knees and bow down to him, we get an essay rant like the one you just directed at me. I sent you an article a while back summing up all his issues and deunking the whole "you just hate him cause his dad". You must not have read it, cause here we are back at Square A, where you're just blaming all the criticism on his dad. Sure, his dad hasn't helped with his mouth and hyping him up, but a lot of people didn't want Lonzo cause he has such glaring red flags. When you take away the hype around him, he's not that great. He's a good passer, but everything else had serious red flags. 

So far in summer league, he hasn't done anything. One triple double in summer league, so? Tim Tebow used to have a 300 yard passing game from time to time. Tatum, Jackson and Fultz look far better than him but they're not insanely hyped up like Lonzo Ball is. You just proved my point, cause I mentioned Tatum and you went off the wall to rant about how terrible D'Angelo Russell is. I didn't even mention him, so I don't get your point there. 

Lonzo hasn't proved at all that he can score. Have you seen his shooting motion? It's bad...Of 4 of his 5 buckets last night, 4 of them went uncontested. That's about all he can do so far. He can't play defense, and he just jacks up three point shots constantly. The kid has major issues that need to be worked on. He's basically hyped up like Tim Tebow was in the NFL, and has the same major flaws, yet the hype has people expecting him to be a Hall of Famer right out the gate. 

So far, he's a good passer but that's it. A good passer, but terrible on defense and his shooting motion is so awful, it won't be long before NBA level defenders are abusing him. 

Lonzo's defense is god awful. Even his fans have talked about how slow he is and gets dunked on so far in summer league. This is only summer league. Just wait till the real NBA starts and see how bad this kid gets abused in the NBA. Last year, on 100 shots, the Lakers were dunked on 25% of the time. Five Thirty Eight highlighted how bad their defense was last year, and they countered this by drafting the kid with all the red flags and the worst defense in the first round. 

It has nothing to do with D'Angelo Russell. I didn't even mention him, so why are you bringing him up? 

I already told you the Lakers made a huge mistake by trading D'Angelo because, who else is going to score now for them? Ingram? Ingram is still a work in progress as was Russell. As much as you bash D'Angelo, he didn't play against the Lakers, so if anything, he would be helping them out there. The kid was scoring last year, was one of their best players and has a far better shot than Lonzo's weird slow wind up mechanics and that ugly shooting form that obviously isn't working so far in summer league since his shooting is horrible. Everything people said about Lonzo's bad shot needing to be worked on, well it does. I don't care how much he's hyped up to be the next Magic Johnson or Jason Kidd or whatever, the kid has serious mechanics issues. He's a work in progress. He isn't going to live up to all this insane hype around him. 

You spin this as a Lonzo vs D'Angelo thing, but fact is, trading D'Angelo puts even MORE pressure on this kid to succeed. Of all the first round picks, Lonzo had the most red flags and the most bust potential because his mechanics are god awful and no other team wanted him except L.A. who bought into all the insane hype. Magic and Pelinka did not help him at all by trading a 21 year old kid who was still developing and greatly improved last year with his scoring. They haven't done nothing to really help Lonzo at all with this team, and then to make matters worse, Nick Young is in Golden State now. So now, Lonzo really has to live up all this "he's going to be better than Curry!" hype that his father and the Lakers front office have given him. 

You can rant about D'Angelo all you want but he was only 21 years old and thus a work in progress. I'm sure when Lonzo struggles, you'll be telling us all how he's only 19 years old, even though you obviously didn't give D'Angelo that benefit of a doubt. He didn't play against the Lakers, so I don't get why you spin this with a 'us vs them' rant about him. D'Angelo played with this same Lakers team and had he been on the floor, they have a younger squad that could've helped Lonzo. 

If Lonzo don't live up to all these insane expectations about him with his stupid dad and Magic Johnson talking about retiring his jersey before he's even played a single game (seriously, who says this stupid stuff before a player has played a single game?), then the Lakers are absolutely screwed in the future. They're already screwed cause they're a horrible team and have two guys running the team who are incompetent and have no experience and no business running a front office, but if Lonzo don't live up to all the hype around him, then it's going to get ugly fast. 

At most, Lonzo will be a very mediocre player at best. Very good or all time great, that's a horrible stretch thanks to all the insane hype that has been built up around him. At least the Lakers have some new drama and finally can move past their whole obsession of Kobe, since they've bought into LaVar Ball's hype, hook, line and sinker. 

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I got plenty of idea what reality is. I wont totally disagree with you though that Tatum was never an option. A lot of your Post makes sense actually but the reality is we could've got more IMO. Even you just Posted you are not excited with what we got. I just threw Tatum out there as an example because he wasn't even on their Roster last season. They also just traded Bradley, Olynyk, and a 2nd Round pick like it was nothing.

I guess that when a trade is made, you can always say that it was theoretically possible that we could have gotten more.

Understand again about Avery Bradley....He will be in the final year of his contract next season and he has been an all-star and all-defensive team member.

We'd need $15, $18, $20 mil long term to keep him. We weren't going to keep him very long

Could that be why we didn't want him?

I suggest that if Jae Crowder, Marcus Smart and Kelly Olynik were playing for Charlotte or if Rajan Rondo had not broken his hand and Boston had been eliminated in the first round of the post-season...., they would not be valued highly.  I didnt want them. 

Bradley.Olynik and a second round pick actually is next to nothing because Bradley will be asking for $100 million dollars next year. Myles Turner is better, cheaper and younger than Kelly Olynik.

George Niang (God Bless him. Does anybody know how he is? ) is a 2nd round pick

Everyone's analysis of the PG trade rides on their certainty that Victory Oladipo isn't very good.

His first four years don't support that conclusion and....he figures to have his best year ahead of him in his adopted 'home'.  He's probably not an average player or a role player....Can we wait and see on that one?

Why do fans insist on being 'excited' by trades. We've picked up 4 solid veteran players in the offseason...if you don't count Sabonis.

Again..OKC got nothing for Durant. Utah got nothing for Hayward.

We are a young, faster, better shooting team than we were last season....

..we just dont have the star....the 'big name' .the one guy who 'excites' everybody.

In the East...we'll be fine

Edited by oldunclemark
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Synthetic said:

You basically just summed up why everyone hates him with this little essay rant. I already told you, people don't like Lonzo because he had amazingly glaring red flags and a huge bust potential. Yes, his dad is an butt. But that don't take away that Lonzo's shooting mechanics are god awful, and I'm pretty sure I linked you to a brilliant article that went through all his flaws. If it weren't for all this hype, he wouldn't have even went in the first round. I guess you didn't read it, since you are just going off screaming at me how wrong I am cause you hate D'Angelo Russell so much and hope that kid fails cause Lonzo is some future Hall of Famer. 

Most people probably don't like him cause when we criticize him, or don't fall to our knees and bow down to him, we get an essay rant like the one you just directed at me. I sent you an article a while back summing up all his issues and deunking the whole "you just hate him cause his dad". You must not have read it, cause here we are back at Square A, where you're just blaming all the criticism on his dad. Sure, his dad hasn't helped with his mouth and hyping him up, but a lot of people didn't want Lonzo cause he has such glaring red flags. When you take away the hype around him, he's not that great. He's a good passer, but everything else had serious red flags. 

So far in summer league, he hasn't done anything. One triple double in summer league, so? Tim Tebow used to have a 300 yard passing game from time to time. Tatum, Jackson and Fultz look far better than him but they're not insanely hyped up like Lonzo Ball is. You just proved my point, cause I mentioned Tatum and you went off the wall to rant about how terrible D'Angelo Russell is. I didn't even mention him, so I don't get your point there. 

Lonzo hasn't proved at all that he can score. Have you seen his shooting motion? It's bad...Of 4 of his 5 buckets last night, 4 of them went uncontested. That's about all he can do so far. He can't play defense, and he just jacks up three point shots constantly. The kid has major issues that need to be worked on. He's basically hyped up like Tim Tebow was in the NFL, and has the same major flaws, yet the hype has people expecting him to be a Hall of Famer right out the gate. 

So far, he's a good passer but that's it. A good passer, but terrible on defense and his shooting motion is so awful, it won't be long before NBA level defenders are abusing him. 

Lonzo's defense is god awful. Even his fans have talked about how slow he is and gets dunked on so far in summer league. This is only summer league. Just wait till the real NBA starts and see how bad this kid gets abused in the NBA. Last year, on 100 shots, the Lakers were dunked on 25% of the time. Five Thirty Eight highlighted how bad their defense was last year, and they countered this by drafting the kid with all the red flags and the worst defense in the first round. 

It has nothing to do with D'Angelo Russell. I didn't even mention him, so why are you bringing him up? 

I already told you the Lakers made a huge mistake by trading D'Angelo because, who else is going to score now for them? Ingram? Ingram is still a work in progress as was Russell. As much as you bash D'Angelo, he didn't play against the Lakers, so if anything, he would be helping them out there. The kid was scoring last year, was one of their best players and has a far better shot than Lonzo's weird slow wind up mechanics and that ugly shooting form that obviously isn't working so far in summer league since his shooting is horrible. Everything people said about Lonzo's bad shot needing to be worked on, well it does. I don't care how much he's hyped up to be the next Magic Johnson or Jason Kidd or whatever, the kid has serious mechanics issues. He's a work in progress. He isn't going to live up to all this insane hype around him. 

You spin this as a Lonzo vs D'Angelo thing, but fact is, trading D'Angelo puts even MORE pressure on this kid to succeed. Of all the first round picks, Lonzo had the most red flags and the most bust potential because his mechanics are god awful and no other team wanted him except L.A. who bought into all the insane hype. Magic and Pelinka did not help him at all by trading a 21 year old kid who was still developing and greatly improved last year with his scoring. They haven't done nothing to really help Lonzo at all with this team, and then to make matters worse, Nick Young is in Golden State now. So now, Lonzo really has to live up all this "he's going to be better than Curry!" hype that his father and the Lakers front office have given him. 

You can rant about D'Angelo all you want but he was only 21 years old and thus a work in progress. I'm sure when Lonzo struggles, you'll be telling us all how he's only 19 years old, even though you obviously didn't give D'Angelo that benefit of a doubt. He didn't play against the Lakers, so I don't get why you spin this with a 'us vs them' rant about him. D'Angelo played with this same Lakers team and had he been on the floor, they have a younger squad that could've helped Lonzo. 

If Lonzo don't live up to all these insane expectations about him with his stupid dad and Magic Johnson talking about retiring his jersey before he's even played a single game (seriously, who says this stupid stuff before a player has played a single game?), then the Lakers are absolutely screwed in the future. They're already screwed cause they're a horrible team and have two guys running the team who are incompetent and have no experience and no business running a front office, but if Lonzo don't live up to all the hype around him, then it's going to get ugly fast. 

At most, Lonzo will be a very mediocre player at best. Very good or all time great, that's a horrible stretch thanks to all the insane hype that has been built up around him. At least the Lakers have some new drama and finally can move past their whole obsession of Kobe, since they've bought into LaVar Ball's hype, hook, line and sinker. 

Tim Tebow really :facepalm:. Also I brought Russell up because I know you think it was a mistake getting rid of him and the Lakers Drafting Lonzo, so I don't see how you don't understand that. Lastly his dad hyping him up has nothing to do with my opinion on how great I think Lonzo can be. I watched a lot of his games in college and he was great 90% of the time.

-talk about an essay rant, you just wrote me a book. I don't mind though because I am not going to get into these type of debates anymore. Where I try to convince someone who will be great or good or whatever. I will respond to peoples Posts in a Clark Kent type of manner.

5 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

a bit worried about Al

True...and with good reason...

I loved his 'old man', 'YMCA' moves....and I wish we could keep him around as a 'big man' coach..fror Myles, Leaf, Sabonis and our No.2 pick who is so good defensively but has no offense at all

But at $10 mil.....that's a crazy expensive coach.

You're right. He's a 1990s player ...

...as the season progresses, what he's owed becomes less obviously.....maybe we can move him at midseason.

But even Memphis wants to play faster....I dont know where he fits

Edited by oldunclemark

1 hour ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Give it time we have been a team of interest for a couple of C's. Reed and Dedmon are both still there. We could surprise this year. 

I think Olidipo learned how hard you have to work before you ever get on the floor with Westbrook. I expect him to come to work in great shape. He is stoked to be back in Indiana. We will get his best year as a pro. Collision will be steady at  PG. The starting backcourt should be solid. 

Thad will be steady if not spectacular at PF.  Turner sounds like he is ready to take over as the leader   His play should continue to improve. The 3 is a bit of hole as expected. We have to sort that out. 

The bench will play a big part in how good we can be. We have a good blend of guys. Those  with some experience Seraphin Joesph and  Sabonis. Then guy like GR3 needs to step up maybe we get something from the rookies or Joey Buckets. Lance is the key here as our 6th man. We know he can thrive in this role when he wants to

i think a better locker room is going to help too.  No more tantrums or contracts looming. We are back to being a team back to Pacer basketball We are not ready for the Cavs yet but the needle is pointing up again. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I guess that when a trade is made, you can always say that it was theoretically possible that we could have gotten more.

Understand again about Avery Bradley....He will be in the final year of his contract next season and he has been an all-star and all-defensive team member.

We'd need $15, $18, $20 mil long term to keep him. We weren't going to keep him very long

I suggest that if Jae Crowder, Marcus Smart and Kelly Olynik were playing for Charlotte or if Rajan Rondo had not broken his hand and Boston had been eliminated in the first round of the post-season...., they would not be valued highly.  I didnt want them. 

Bradley.Olynik and a second round pick actually is next to nothing because Bradley will be asking for $100 million dollars next year. Myles Turner is better, cheaper and younger than Kelly Olynik.

Everyone's analysis of the PG trade rides on their certainty that Victory Oladipo isn't very good.

His first four years don't support that conclusion and....he figures to have his best year ahead of him in his adopted 'home'.  He's probably not an average player or a role player....Can we wait and see on that one?

Why do fans insist on being 'excited' by trades. We've picked up 4 solid veteran players in the offseason...if you don't count Sabonis.

..we just dont have the star....the 'big name' .the one guy who 'excites' everybody.

I guess so

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, akcolt said:

Give it time we have been a team of interest for a couple of C's. Reed and Dedmon are both still there. We could surprise this year. 

I think Olidipo learned how hard you have to work before you ever get on the floor with Westbrook. I expect him to come to work in great shape. He is stoked to be back in Indiana. We will get his best year as a pro. Collision will be steady at  PG. The starting backcourt should be solid. 

Thad will be steady if not spectacular at PF.  Turner sounds like he is ready to take over as the leader   His play should continue to improve. The 3 is a bit of hole as expected. We have to sort that out. 

The bench will play a big part in how good we can be. We have a good blend of guys. Those  with some experience Seraphin Joesph and  Sabonis. Then guy like GR3 needs to step up maybe we get something from the rookies or Joey Buckets. Lance is the key here as our 6th man. We know he can thrive in this role when he wants to

i think a better locker room is going to help too.  No more tantrums or contracts looming. We are back to being a team back to Pacer basketball We are not ready for the Cavs yet but the needle is pointing up again. 

Nicely put

just hope that the top bigs for the Pacers stay healthy 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

So true

• Like 1

The contract situation is a good point.

We'll have to start thinking abut resigning  Myles Turner soon...but.

But Oladipo and Sabonis and Leaf are here for awhile. Thad Young has a long deal

Lance has a 3-year deal

Bogdonavic and Collison got 2-year deals...with only partial guarantees on the second year

WE have stability..even if its not a team that can beat Golden State

Edited by oldunclemark