Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What a pass that was a TD, Lakers are blowing this team out. I guess if anyone takes Summer League seriously they need to find another way to discredit Lonzo lmao. He just made a 3 too.

There's no doubt that he's been impressive. Gonna have a 15 seed against a 16 seed in the championship haha. Summer League been more exciting than the playoffs

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

There's no doubt that he's been impressive. Gonna have a 15 seed against a 16 seed in the championship haha. Summer League been more exciting than the playoffs

Yeah I never watch this, I really don't but after he played like crap in his 1st game and people ripped him I just started watching. He has been Great since then. We will have to wait until the Regular Season to see what he is really made of. I think he will struggle a bit because he's a rookie but I still think he will have a good rookie season. I can see the Lakers having a better record than the Pacers. Lakers may win 35/36 games?

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I never watch this, I really don't but after he played like crap in his 1st game and people ripped him I just started watching. He has been Great since then. We will have to wait until the Regular Season to see what he is really made of. I think he will struggle a bit because he's a rookie but I still think he will have a good rookie season. I can see the Lakers having a better record than the Pacers. Lakers may win 35/36 games?

I don't know if the Lakers will win that many games. But I have a strong hunch the Pacers make the playoffs. That scares me

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

I don't know if the Lakers will win that many games. But I have a strong hunch the Pacers make the playoffs. That scares me

I don't know? I see us around 35 wins unless KP makes another good move. The East is a bit weaker so if all things fell right, Pacers could win 40.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't know? I see us around 35 wins unless KP makes another good move. The East is a bit weaker so if all things fell right, Pacers could win 40.

That other good move will be getting rid of Al Jefferson. Everything KP has done has been great except for the PG deal

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Crazy as it sounds we very well could contend for the playoffs again. 35-40 wins could be enough for an 8 seed. 

• Like 1

Kuzma will have a better a Pro career than Jimmer Fredette, I would bet on it. How anyone can put Lonzo and Jimmer or Tim Tebow in the same sentence is just beyond ridiculous. Lonzo will be Very Good if not Great IMO, the 2 latter guys I just mentioned were brought up by different posters and they sucked as Pro's. Take the haterade glasses off, at least say Lonzo may not be a better Point Guard than Mark Jackson, I would still laugh at that but Jack could pass.

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree. They made a huge mistake when that trade happened. I even said it when it happened. I like Love but you cant give up Wiggins.

I agree. Not that Wiggins would necessarily put them over GS today, but hes a very solid player that could've helped the Cavs. He would also fit the Cavs better than Love does.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

I agree. Not that Wiggins would necessarily put them over GS today, but hes a very solid player that could've helped the Cavs. He would also fit the Cavs better than Love does.

Wiggins was their future too, he is young. Cavs gave him up and Love actually wasn't even factor when they won it all last year.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree. They made a huge mistake when that trade happened. I even said it when it happened. I like Love but you cant give up Wiggins.

Come on. That was no mistake....Cavs don't win the tile with Wiggins at forward..

He isn't a rebounder and he's not a lot better defensively than Love is.

If you win the title, it wasn't a mistake. The goal is to win it all and they did

44 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Crazy as it sounds we very well could contend for the playoffs again. 35-40 wins could be enough for an 8 seed. 

We could.........

......We have good players...they just don't know each other..

If we start Collison and Oladipo, Young and Bojan...and Myles Turner..

..all 5 of those guys averaged double figures.

But part of our problem last year was that a lot of guys were playing with each other for the first time.

That will be our problem this coming season, too

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't know, maybe he will maybe he wont.

You do know.  He better not........

You're going to allow your No. 1 draft choice to play his second game in 2 nights on a bad ankle in the summer league?

You would only do that with a guy you didn't value

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

He wont play tomorrow night....it would be foolish if he did

He better, otherwise he would be avoiding the spot light lmao according to haters. Hell his haters think he avoided playing Fox the other night. Goofy stuff but true. He is by far the MVP in this Summer League and IMO shouldn't even be in it. He playing in this is like Peyton or Luck playing in the Preseason.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He better otherwise he would be avoiding the spot light lmao according to haters. Hell his haters think he avoided playing Fox the other night. Goofy stuff but true. He is by far the MVP in this Summer League and IMO shouldn't even be in it. He playing in this is like Peyton or Luck playing in the Preseason.

Youre right on there..

..after a couple of games..I'd have pulled him out of the summer league.

Its obvious he's way above that level..

...and he's not playing with guys who will be getting playing time on the Lakers real team

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Youre right on there..

..after a couple of games..I'd have pulled him out of the summer league.

Its obvious he's way above that level..

...and he's not playing with guys who will be getting playing time on the Lakers real team

It is good for him to play against Pro's though. Magic probably wanted make sure he made the right pick haha, I would've took him or Fox.

Folks say that Ball plays the game 'the right way'

I cringe when I hear that because winning is the 'right way'

But I know what they mean. Golden State passes up good shots because they can break down your defense with bad ones.

I hear experts talking about defending the 3'.  You cant defend the 3 if guys can make them from 30 feet out. You cant spread defense that far

Steph blows up your defense because you cant let him take the shots you want most players to take.

Ball is a throwback to the pass first guard..He getting wide open layups for guys who will be working at Wendy's or playing for the San Jacinto Lakers this fall.

Its actually the way I'd rather see the game played

16 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Folks say that Ball plays the game 'the right way'

I cringe when I hear that because winning is the 'right way'

But I know what they mean. Golden State passes up good shots because they can break down your defense with bad ones.

I hear experts talking about defending the 3'.  You cant defend the 3 if guys can make them from 30 feet out. You cant spread defense that far

Steph blows up your defense because you cant let him take the shots you want most players to take.

Ball is a throwback to the pass first guard..He getting wide open layups for guys who will be working at Wendy's or playing for the San Jacinto Lakers this fall.

Its actually the way I'd rather see the game played

Why would you cringe? Lonzo does play the right way, he is an exceptional team player.

18 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Guys Niang was a guy you develop...we didnt have the time...or didn't want to take the time

(or we needed that roster spot as the media suggests)

Maybe the change at GM....signaled his his ouster...we hardly gave him a chance

Bojan is a very good offensive.player..

.....He isn't going to lock up DeRozen or Kawhi defensively...but he shoots well, passes well..can put the ball on the floor a little..

...we're going to like him....and it sounds like he's looking forward to starting

But we need more on the permieter offensivey and defensively

I agree about Bogie he's one of the new guys I'm most interested to see. GR3 is his primary back up as the roster sits. Lance and Thad could be asked to help maybe even TJ depending on the opponent. It would not be a bad idea to look at another wing. 

I realize that Niang was a developmental guy. I never understood why. Ike for instance has 7'6 wing span and is a plus athlete for his size. I understand the excitement about him but never saw it in Niang. 

On 7/15/2017 at 3:34 PM, oldunclemark said:

I have to disagree. I wont root against someone because of someone else.

There is something wrong with that. Its not logical..

I wouldnt even root against Aaron Rodgers because he dumped that fine-looking Olivia Munn..

Lonzo is quiet and respectful....Nothing he says is even close to bragging. I like that.   And he respects Magic Johnson clearly

One day...Lonzo will quietly let it slip in an interview that he has asked his Psycho Dad' to tone it down on the other side of town.  Go make my younger brothers life miserable..

Its coming. It may have already happened..

It's just sports, you can root against someone for any reason you want.   It does not affect them at all.   I will root against Ball.   I will root against the whole Laker team.   I also root against the Cowboys, the Patriots, the Knicks, the Red Sox and many other whole teams.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, GOZER said:

Purdue product, Kaleb "Biggie" Swanigan, has had a good Summer Leauge showing, interested to see how he does with the Blazers during regular season when he gets playing time! 

Wish he would have stayed one more year, but you can't blame him for moving on.  Could always get hurt and end his career.  Gotta take the money when it is offered.

Like my dad always said...."If someone offers you money... put it in your pocket" lol

• Like 3

13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lonzo with 14 Points and 10 Assists at Half. He shouldn't even being playing in this but rookies do. He is the best player by far in this meaningless league lmao. They lead by 22 over the Mavs.

Haven't really heard much out of the Lonzo haters after that first game.  I know a lot of people say it's just summer league but no player has put numbers up like this in the summer league before not even LeBron.  He's averaging 17 9 and 8.  Those averages would have been even better if he would have played the rest of the 3rd and 4th quarter yesterday.  He shot better yesterday too.  That's my only knock on him, he needs to shoot more consistently.  I really think he'll average like 15 7 and 7 this year.  I also think he'll be rookie of the year with my dark horse being Dennis Smith. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Haven't really heard much out of the Lonzo haters after that first game.  I know a lot of people say it's just summer league but no player has put numbers up like this in the summer league before not even LeBron.  He's averaging 17 9 and 8.  Those averages would have been even better if he would have played the rest of the 3rd and 4th quarter yesterday.  He shot better yesterday too.  That's my only knock on him, he needs to shoot more consistently.  I really think he'll average like 15 7 and 7 this year.  I also think he'll be rookie of the year with my dark horse being Dennis Smith. 

I didn't know much about Dennis Smith before the draft but after reading stuff about him and watching some of his games, the dude can play. Don't know if he will necessarily be on Fox or Balls level, but he seems impressive. 

Of course, its just summer league and doesn't necessarily mean anything, but I like what I've seen so far for what its worth. 

23 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Why would you cringe? Lonzo does play the right way, he is an exceptional team player.

Forget Lonzo for one second.   You missed my point badly.

Let me try again.

When I hear people say he (OR ANYONE ELSE) plays the game 'the right way'. I cringe

That's a cliché....a bad one...I was referring to the cliche

There is no 'right way' that doesn't include winning. 'Winning' is the right way.

Lonzo plays the way I prefer to see the game played

• Like 1