Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

1 minute ago, Restored said:

Years of Ryan Grigson has conditioned this forum to be saddened when the "big name" free agents go elsewhere.

Since I've been a Colts fan, the Colts have never made huge splashes in free agency (2013 was really the only year, and we had to spend a bunch just to get to the minimum required spending), so I'm not sure why anyone would be sad the Colts don't go free agency hunting.  It should be expected at this point.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A 3 year $21 mil. contract would have gotten us Chris Baker, I wonder why we couldn't pull that off. Maybe we were never interested??? That contract was not monstrous by any means that the Bucs offered, hence wondering.

6 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

That was my backup plan to Warford. Maybe the Colts will be in on Reiff now.

4 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

didn't Ballard flat out hint that he wasn't going to make a huge splash in  FA?

That's what's killing me about these guys. You knew he wasn't going to make big splashes, yet got your hopes up anyway and now you're upset...EVERY YEAR THIS HAPPENS AND EVERY YEAR HAS BEEN THE SAME APPROACH.

2 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

didn't Ballard flat out hint that he wasn't going to make a huge splash in  FA?

Yes. He literally told us he wasn't going to break the bank in Free Agency. It wasn't even cryptic.

Yet some are still shocked we haven't spent $50 million in 28 minutes. It's crazy.

Just now, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Free agency literally just started 20 minutes ago.

The three big targets that Ballard was interested in: Jeffrey, Zeitler, and Perry, he missed out on. 20 minutes in, plan A is out the window. At best, we are repeating what Grigson did, at worst, well, we just missed our targets and this will suck.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

A 3 year $21 mil. contract would have gotten us Chris Baker, I wonder why we couldn't pull that off. Maybe we were never interested??? That contract was not monstrous by any means that the Bucs offered, hence wondering.

Players don't have to pay state income tax in Florida. Believe or not, that's why lots of free agents choose teams like the Jags or Dolphins over the Broncos or Steelers.

1 minute ago, Shive said:

Reiff is headed to the Vikings.

That's what's killing me about these guys. You knew he wasn't going to make big splashes, yet got your hopes up anyway and now you're upset...EVERY YEAR THIS HAPPENS AND EVERY YEAR HAS BEEN THE SAME APPROACH.

and every year it's the same fan reaction

Players don't have to pay state income tax in Florida. Believe or not, that's why lots of free agents choose teams like the Jags or Dolphins over the Broncos or Steelers.

That makes a lot of sense. Suh is REALLY cashing in with his outlier of a contract.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The three big targets that Ballard was reportedly interested in: Jeffrey, Zeitler, and Perry, he missed out on. 20 minutes in, plan A is out the window. At best, we are repeating what Grigson did, at worst, well, we just missed our targets and this will suck.

FTFY

Also, wth. You wanted to pay Jeffery more than $14 mil, Zeitler more than $12 mil, Perry more than $20 mil (year 1)? 

These guys have to want to be in Indy too. 

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

The three big targets that Ballard was interested in: Jeffrey, Zeitler, and Perry, he missed out on. 20 minutes in, plan A is out the window. At best, we are repeating what Grigson did, at worst, well, we just missed our targets and this will suck.

They were "rumored" to be interested in those guys. Perry stayed with in Green Bay so he wasn't even an option, Zeitler got the largest guard contract in the history of the NFL so he was never in the cards to be a Colt, and Jeffrey got $14mil to be a 1-year rental. I'm good with "missing out" on those 3.

1 minute ago, BCoop said:

Yes. He literally told us he wasn't going to break the bank in Free Agency. It wasn't even cryptic.

Yet some are still shocked we haven't spent $50 million in 28 minutes. It's crazy.

Some will never learn!!! 

They were "rumored" to be interested in those guys. Perry stayed with in Green Bay so he wasn't even an option, Zeitler got the largest guard contract in the history of the NFL so he was never in the cards to be a Colt, and Jeffrey got $14mil to be a 1-year rental. I'm good with "missing out" on those 3.

Yeah same here.  

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The media said we were interested. That's often agents "leaking" info to drive up the price of their guys. How do we know how interested we actually were in those guys? We have no clue if those were the guys that we were hellbent on getting or if it was just a casual "how much? nope...." kind of deal.

We missed YOUR targets. Quit your crying and let it all happen. You crying on here has zero impact on our team signing free agents, so stop.

3 minutes ago, Shive said:

The media said we were interested. That's often agents "leaking" info to drive up the price of their guys. How do we know how interested we actually were in those guys? We have no clue if those were the guys that we were hellbent on getting or if it was just a casual "how much? nope...." kind of deal.

We missed YOUR targets. Quit your crying and let it all happen. You crying on here has zero impact on our team signing free agents, so stop.

This weren't "my targets", they were targets that had reports that we were interested in. When something like that happens, I expect it to be more likely than someone i just hope for.

10 minutes ago, Shive said:

I just thought he would address the right side of the OL. Flukey and Lang are still available.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This weren't "my targets", they were targets that had reports that we were interested in. When something like that happens, I expect it to be more likely than someone i just hope for.

I don't doubt we had some interest in those guys, but for the contracts they got, Ballard probably hung his phone up really quick. The beginning of FA is nothing but rumors. If you take any of them seriously, you stand to get burned, because they rarely come to fruition..

2 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

I just thought he would address the right side of the OL. Flukey and Lang are still available.

At least he's doing visits, so it may give us some time if he's on our list.