Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

JMV: "Pay attention tonight, Colts Fans"

Boiler_Colt

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You don't draft punters. We'll sign one as an UDFA. 

Pat was drafted in the 7th. That's where you look. He was one of the best players on our team. You can't wait around to replace one of the best place kickers of all time. 

23 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Seriously, if you don't listen to JMV for Colts news, you're doing it wrong. He was proved right again.

Watching some people doubt him earlier was pretty funny though. If JMV says it, it's true. Simple as that.

That being said, it doesn't seem like this was a big secret in the media circle. Bob Kravitz talked with Pat on Monday and Pat told him then.

19 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Why am I so pissed off?? 

because it adds to the drama that the team faces

1) huge defensive needs

2) old players at certain positions

3) new GM but no new coach creating weird vibes and uncertainty 

4) loss of Punter (one of the best in the entire league)

<<OR>>

you could be pissed off because you had to stay up so late, if so, please ignore 1 thru 4 (i was just trying to guess what you were mad about)

8 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

because it adds to the drama that the team faces

1) huge defensive needs

2) old players at certain positions

3) new GM but no new coach creating weird vibes and uncertainty 

4) loss of Punter (one of the best in the entire league)

<<OR>>

you could be pissed off because you had to stay up so late, if so, please ignore 1 thru 4 (i was just trying to guess what you were mad about)

I'm just pissed cause one of my favorite colts ever is gone now lol and I honestly thought he had a legit shot at the hall off fame would have been a huge accomplishment 

7 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Looks like Pat joined the 'team' just in time...   not.   :(

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/31/nfl-pulls-credentials-from-barstool-sports/

I don't watch the show/podcast... But everything I have heard seems the web/podcast has been getting more popular,  and now with the comedy central thing I wouldn't be surprised if they got a regular spot on comedy central, ESPN, etc... 

I think he might have got in with the show on their way up at just the right time. 

And if his knee was starting to be an issue (I don't know if it was or not) than he was smart to change courses at a high point. 

Also punters don't seem to get the multiple chances to catch on with other teams after being released like field goal kickers do.  I would have to research this to see if correct, but it just seems that you see field goal kickers bounce from team to team,  but not so much for punters. 

Pat would probably be one of the best commentators on broadcast TV certainly has more charisma than Troy Aikman or Bill Cowher or even Tony Dungy(sorry), I think Paul MacGuire was the only punter I know of who made it as a TV personality.personally, I don't think Pat is that funny as a comedian, but would be funny as a guy trading barbs with guys making jokes about kickers on a NFL morning show. or a third guy in the booth like Tony Siragusa did for Fox.

On 2/2/2017 at 1:11 AM, indy1888 said:

Watching some people doubt him earlier was pretty funny though. If JMV says it, it's true. Simple as that.

That being said, it doesn't seem like this was a big secret in the media circle. Bob Kravitz talked with Pat on Monday and Pat told him then.

I got a kick and a few laughs out of those doubting JMV too. I don't see how or why any Colts fan would doubt JMV at this point. Since the Peyton neck surgeries news he broke years ago, hes been spot on about pretty much everything regarding the Colts.

If JMV says something is going to happen, more often than not he is right.