Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Latest NFL.com 3 Round Mock

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha unless there's somebody like Barnett, lattimore, Solomon Thomas, how could you pass on dalvin? You'd really take jarrad Davis over cook? You sir are a girgson ! You'd take taco, zach Cunningham, Ryan Anderson!? At 14/15? Good god man I'm glad none of you are candidates for the GM spot. Dalvin cook is being compared to Marshall faulk, CJ2k, and even if you disagree with that you can't dispute he's one of the most talented players in the draft. I'd love the pick, really unless Solomon Thomas or Derek Barnett are there. Lattimore would struggle with or 25% pressure rate on QBs and I think free agency will have more corners available then edge guys. But dalvin would be a steal at 14, don't even think hell be there realistically tho

16 hours ago, PhillyCOLTSfan said:

I keep seeing mocks within us skipping peppers and him falling to around 17 why would we not take him he can play anywhere on our defense 

It's that he's overrated necessarily but he's player without a position. He's not a full time S and not big enough to be a LB in our scheme. Reminds me a lot of Geathers, but I like Geathers more.

He'd need a great defensive schemer to put him in situations for him to make plays. We don't have one of those. I'm pretty sure he'd bust with us.

I have nothing against taking a RB early in principle. But when you have this many holes on defense and already have a starting level RB with decent depth, you don't use a 1st round pick on another one.

That's just Polian-style thinking. Remember the years of neglect our defense had because Polian kept drafting WRs and OLinemen?

14 hours ago, I'm mad, bro said:

haha unless there's somebody like Barnett, lattimore, Solomon Thomas, how could you pass on dalvin? You'd really take jarrad Davis over cook? You sir are a girgson ! You'd take taco, zach Cunningham, Ryan Anderson!? At 14/15? Good god man I'm glad none of you are candidates for the GM spot. Dalvin cook is being compared to Marshall faulk, CJ2k, and even if you disagree with that you can't dispute he's one of the most talented players in the draft. I'd love the pick, really unless Solomon Thomas or Derek Barnett are there. Lattimore would struggle with or 25% pressure rate on QBs and I think free agency will have more corners available then edge guys. But dalvin would be a steal at 14, don't even think hell be there realistically tho

Davis is an animal. 

Im a "Grigson" because I'd take a blue chip ILB over a skills position RB in the first round? Lmaoooooo

21 hours ago, BOTT said:

He passed up what he called the best CB in the draft for a RB.  Goood lord....

dallas did the same last year, and it worked out fine.  no way they win that many games without elliot

i think a RB can impact the games just as much (or more so) than a CB.  despite being a good player, ramsey didnt exactly lift his team to very many victories.  elliot lead the league in rushing, and yards after contact

CBs can be avoided, while the offense picks on the weakest link in the secondary

opposing defenses cant avoid a running back

6 hours ago, UKColt13 said:

I have nothing against taking a RB early in principle. But when you have this many holes on defense and already have a starting level RB with decent depth, you don't use a 1st round pick on another one.

gore was pretty good this year, but his lack of speed along with the pitch count keep him from taking a game over

our run game could be a real strength with cook, gore and turbin.  if we cant get one of the great pass rushers, then cook might actually help the defense more than a defender would. 

28 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

dallas did the same last year, and it worked out fine.  no way they win that many games without elliot

i think a RB can impact the games just as much (or more so) than a CB.  despite being a good player, ramsey didnt exactly lift his team to very many victories.  elliot lead the league in rushing, and yards after contact

CBs can be avoided, while the offense picks on the weakest link in the secondary

Can't compare us to Dallas.  

2 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Can't compare us to Dallas.  

if gore can get 1000, then cook can get more still

the line is good enough to draft a back

also using similar logic, maybe our pass rush isnt good enough to invest a high pick in a CB

5 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

if gore can get 1000, then cook can get more still

the line is good enough to draft a back

also using similar logic, maybe our pass rush isnt good enough to invest a high pick in a CB

Okay we don't need star wars numbers from a rb. 1000 is fine and a 3rd/4th round complimentary back will help along with Turbin. The offense is pretty good..

The front 7 of the defense ranked dead last, the secondary 2nd to last. So yes let's use logic. a CB, OLB, DE, or ILB would all be a better choice in the 1st than a RB.

Just now, Majin Vegeta said:

Okay we don't need star wars numbers from a rb. 1000 is fine and a 3rd/4th round complimentary back will help along with Turbin. The offense is pretty good..

The front 7 of the defense ranked dead last, the secondary 2nd to last. So yes let's use logic, a CB, OLB, DE, or ILB would all be a better choice in the 1st than a RB.

you dont draft strictly by position, its about the talent on the board

i would rather get a pass rusher, but they will be gone by our pick.  this is a weak offensive class, there may be no OTs or WRs taken before our pick.  the good front seven players will be gone, unless there is a run on QBs

43 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

gore was pretty good this year, but his lack of speed along with the pitch count keep him from taking a game over

our run game could be a real strength with cook, gore and turbin.  if we cant get one of the great pass rushers, then cook might actually help the defense more than a defender would. 

A pass rusher would be great. But when it comes to positions I'd take over a RB, it doesn't end at OLB. I'd take and ILB, DL, CB all before I took a RB in the 1st. And I like Dalvin, he's going to be good. But there will always be a sexy offensive player available when we pick. And if we keep taking the sexy offensive player (cough cough, Dorsett, cough) we risk running into a Polian-esque cycle of neglecting the defense and leaning on the offense to our score everyone we play. 

Right now Id take Takkarist McKinley in the first and take Corey Coleman or Alvin Kamara to bolster RB.

7 hours ago, ClaytonColt said:

When I listen to people on here call for a running back to be taken at 14 I sometimes think we deserve to watch the God awful defense we do.

its not like what we say here matters at all

you guys would pass on edge, AP and Marshawn lynch too i guess

3 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

you dont draft strictly by position, its about the talent on the board

i would rather get a pass rusher, but they will be gone by our pick.  this is a weak offensive class, there may be no OTs or WRs taken before our pick.  the good front seven players will be gone, unless there is a run on QBs

We'll draft a stud CB or ILB if absolutely all the pass rusher are gone then. Because the value is still there and the need is definitely there. 

1 minute ago, UKColt13 said:

A pass rusher would be great. But when it comes to positions I'd take over a RB, it doesn't end at OLB. I'd take and ILB, DL, CB all before I took a RB in the 1st.

i guess thats where we differ

i would take Cook of LF over any ILb or CB in this class.  i have not looked at the dline available but i dont think its a huge need either

On 1/23/2017 at 2:15 PM, stitches said:

I wouldn't be very happy to get a RB in the first, but oh well... at least it seems exciting.

I feel like we could improve a lot more by spending that pick on defense but I do like Cook and think he would fit in well with our offense.  

The colts badly need an RB who can make plays after catching passes.  

2 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i guess thats where we differ

i would take Cook of LF over any ILb or CB in this class.  i have not looked at the dline available but i dont think its a huge need either

Brother, everywhere on our defense is a need lol. We need defensive playmakers. And as good as Dalvin Cook is, he isn't one of those.

Langford is getting long in the tooth and if Anderson doesn't reclaim his rookie form we are looking awfully bare.

1 minute ago, Majin Vegeta said:

We'll draft a stud CB or ILB if absolutely all the pass rusher are gone then. Because the value is still there and the need is definitely there. 

you say that like its a fact

we could all be dead wrong here.  who knows what they will really do

grigsons first round picks were notoriously hard to mock, now we dont even know who will be making the picks

Just now, aaron11 said:

you say that like its a fact

we could all be dead wrong here.  who knows what they will really do

grigsons first round picks were notoriously hard to mock, now we dont even know who will be making the picks

I'm just using logic. Something a lot of posters here don't have.

But yeah we just disagree and that's fine.

19 hours ago, Majin Vegeta said:

I just disagree 150%. 

If you watch Cook play he beats people with speed and quick jukes away from contact while fournette just runs people over like a man vs boys. Who's guaranteed to have success in NFL? Cook...obviously fournette not going to just run over men in NFL. That doesn't mean fournette is not going to be the best RB in the draft though. He very well could but this why if either fournette or cook is available when the Colts pick they pick either one if both are gone then look at CB, LB, or S. The only way I would rather not take fournette or cook is if someone like Malik Hook is available when we pick. Then 2nd round no way you pick any one other than Adoree' Jackson  if he is still available. This mock draft got him going to browns the pick directly after the colts 2nd rnd pick.

If you people saying no not a RB in 1st round actually took the time to look up these running backs you would see just how rare of a talent they are. You maybe get 3-5 every 10 years and lose some to injuries.

Only a bad GM would pass on one of these running backs. Unless of course a guy like malik hooker is available. Guy sits in center field grabbing interceptions like a Center Field baseball player catching baseballs. The next Ed Reed.

17 minutes ago, Jesse Lafantaisie said:

If you watch Cook play he beats people with speed and quick jukes away from contact while fournette just runs people over like a man vs boys. Who's guaranteed to have success in NFL? Cook...obviously fournette not going to just run over men in NFL. That doesn't mean fournette is not going to be the best RB in the draft though. He very well could but this why if either fournette or cook is available when the Colts pick they pick either one if both are gone then look at CB, LB, or S. The only way I would rather not take fournette or cook is if someone like Malik Hook is available when we pick. Then 2nd round no way you pick any one other than Adoree' Jackson  if he is still available. This mock draft got him going to browns the pick directly after the colts 2nd rnd pick.

If you people saying no not a RB in 1st round actually took the time to look up these running backs you would see just how rare of a talent they are. You maybe get 3-5 every 10 years and lose some to injuries.

Only a bad GM would pass on one of these running backs. Unless of course a guy like malik hooker is available. Guy sits in center field grabbing interceptions like a Center Field baseball player catching baseballs. The next Ed Reed.

Bruh I disagree in general to taking either of them in the 1st. Stay away from skill positions in the first, we need a stud defender.

D. Cook all the way.  You still can get edge, ILB if you're a smart GM.  Trade up, negotiate draft picks with other teams ahead of you, stockpile draft picks and trade, just to name a few moves you can make...But I would not pass up on D. Cook, mark my words it will be regretful if they do.

If we are thinking of selecting another running back (other than Fournette) in the first, we might as well select; 

1. Running Back

2. Spanky NT

3. Buckwheat S

4. Alfalfa CB

4. Curly DE

5, Stymie ILB

6. Moe K

7. Larry FB

We need a defense.  FA: OL and DL, Running Back 4th and later...

4 hours ago, aaron11 said:

Dallas does win that many games without Elliot.  To quote Randy Moss "look at them huge hoes".

and his yards after contact are sooo misleading.

2 hours ago, CheezyColt said:

Only 3-5 every 10 years? So with this year's crop, that makes Gurley, Gordon, Zeke, Fournette, and Cook in 3 years. So after this year there will be 7 straight years without impact RBs? Whoa, mind blown.

What impact have Gordon and Gurley made?

4 hours ago, aaron11 said:

Plus haven't people here been saying for years now that better pass rush would really help the secondary anyways? Why not take Cook at 14 or 15 and then get an edge rusher like Lawson next round.

Plus I find it funny that people keep saying "The Colts can get a RB later" but this is a deep CB class and no one is saying we can get a CB later (which we can). I like McKinley round 1, but Luck+Cook=top 5 offense every year. Say bye-bye to blow out losses to top teams. Even if we lose, the score will be respectable. Cook can do it all. No defense would want to play the Colts with that tandem.

My ideal, maybe dreaming, first 3 rounds

14/15- Solomon Thomas, all tho most would say he's not the ideal scheme fit, I think he can literally play Every position in 3-4

2nd and 3rd- for any pick between 20-30 if TJ Watt is still there

Thoughts? Not sure how realistic a 2nd and 3rd for a late 1 is, doesn't seem too outlandish. Imagine the turn around wed have in our front seven if we sign a NT, a ILB, and maybe a corner in free agency. Those positions have multiple options in free agency .

23 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Plus haven't people here been saying for years now that better pass rush would really help the secondary anyways? Why not take Cook at 14 or 15 and then get an edge rusher like Lawson next round.

Plus I find it funny that people keep saying "The Colts can get a RB later" but this is a deep CB class and no one is saying we can get a CB later (which we can). I like McKinley round 1, but Luck+Cook=top 5 offense every year. Say bye-bye to blow out losses to top teams. Even if we lose, the score will be respectable. Cook can do it all. No defense would want to play the Colts with that tandem.

They say that because the positional value of a CB is higher than that of a a RB.  If you are going to bet a lot of chips on one, make it the CB.

4 minutes ago, BOTT said:

They say that because the positional value of a CB is higher than that of a a RB.  If you are going to bet a lot of chips on one, make it the CB.

CB is one of the harder position to learn though. You get more instant impact from a RB.

4 hours ago, UKColt13 said:

A pass rusher would be great. But when it comes to positions I'd take over a RB, it doesn't end at OLB. I'd take and ILB, DL, CB all before I took a RB in the 1st. And I like Dalvin, he's going to be good. But there will always be a sexy offensive player available when we pick. And if we keep taking the sexy offensive player (cough cough, Dorsett, cough) we risk running into a Polian-esque cycle of neglecting the defense and leaning on the offense to our score everyone we play. 

Right now Id take Takkarist McKinley in the first and take Corey Coleman or Alvin Kamara to bolster RB.

Exactly. We've neglected the defense for 5 years. Our offense has consistently been good, our defense has consistently been terrible.  Just crazy some want a rb in the 1st, 

49 minutes ago, BOTT said:

and his yards after contact are sooo misleading.

no it isnt. 

im doubting you actually watched the games, though i cant blame you for that

elliot was great this year.  the line is pretty good, but Zeke got like 500 more yards than other backs(besides murray) have besides behind the same line.  murray was the second leading rusher this year, his success wasnt just all about the line either

6 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Exactly. We've neglected the defense for 5 years. Our offense has consistently been good, our defense has consistently been terrible.  Just crazy some want a rb in the 1st, 

at least a RB can keep the D off of the field lol

we wont win a super bowl with this defense, but i dont think we are good enough on O to do it either

luck and TY arn't enough

12 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

no it isnt. 

im doubting you actually watched the games, though i cant blame you for that

elliot was great this year.  the line is pretty good, but Zeke got like 500 more yards than other backs(besides murray) have besides behind the same line.  murray was the second leading rusher this year, his success wasnt just all about the line either

Since that line became dominant, the only other person to get significant carries was an old washed Darren McFadden....who had complete poop at QB.

yes, and Murray is playing behind a very good Tennessee line.  He stunk in philly.

23 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

CB is one of the harder position to learn though. You get more instant impact from a RB.

I tthink that's why Dallas selected Elliot......Tony Romo is in his late 30's.  Don't think they make that move otherwise.