Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Latest NFL.com 3 Round Mock

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a great draft for the Colts. I don't want a RB in the 1st but Cook has tremendous potential and could be a cornerstone for our team for a decade.

Lawson is a beast of a pass rusher. If he stays healthy our defense will be much improved. 

Eddie Jackson is IMO the best safety in the draft. He's a leader and team player as well as being a beast covering the back end. 

57 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000778266/article/threeround-mock-draft-deshaun-watson-goes-no-1-to-browns

Colts Selections:

1. Dalvin Cook, RB

2. Carl Lawson, OLB

3. Eddie Jackson, FS

A lot of people are putting safeties in their Colts mock which means they agree that Green is probably a lost cause.

I'm not sure Green is a lost cause just yet, but I do think the Colts lack a true free safety that is great in coverage. Green I see as more of a joker player that can play close to the line of scrimmage and cover TEs, blitz, and tackle. Geathers is the same way, just better at this point.

42 minutes ago, stitches said:

BTW, I wonder... what's the chance a new GM will start his tenure for the Colts picking... a RB in the first?

It really depends on how the rest of the draft goes and who is there for their first pick. If Reuben Foster is gone at ILB and we assume Garett and Barnett are the only 2 top tier pass rushers (although I really like McKinley) then Cook is the right pick. Don't see too many other can't miss guys on defense at 14 or 15.

44 minutes ago, stitches said:

BTW, I wonder... what's the chance a new GM will start his tenure for the Colts picking... a RB in the first?

:pokerface:

1 minute ago, Defjamz26 said:

It really depends on how the rest of the draft goes and who is there for their first pick. If Reuben Foster is gone at ILB and we assume Garett and Barnett are the only 2 top tier pass rushers (although I really like McKinley) then Cook is the right pick. Don't see too many other can't miss guys on defense at 14 or 15.

:scratch:

45 minutes ago, SP_21 said:

What defensive players do you like at pick 14-15?

Dereck Barnett, Taco Charlton, Zach Cunningham, Jarrad Davis, Sidney Jones, Marshon Lattimore, Desmond King, Jalen Tabor, Tim Williams if his character issues get dismissed by draft day, Ryan Anderson. Those are some names off the top of my head I'd take over any RB in the 1st.

If those players are gone, I'd think about trading back into the 20's. Someone might want to jump ahead and get a WR around where we pick.

2 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000778266/article/threeround-mock-draft-deshaun-watson-goes-no-1-to-browns

Colts Selections:

1. Dalvin Cook, RB

2. Carl Lawson, OLB

3. Eddie Jackson, FS

A lot of people are putting safeties in their Colts mock which means they agree that Green is probably a lost cause.

Mocks are rarely that detailed.     Rare is the time that they mock a safety to a team because a rookie safety was a disappointment.      The Colts need talent everywhere.       I wouldn't read anything into this....

That would be like saying the didn't give us an inside linebacker so they must think our inside linebackers are good enough.      And we all know that's not true....

By the way,  this is the first mock I've see with a safety in it.   So, I don't know WHO a lot of people are.

Remember,  most people who do mocks don't know what they're doing....     most mocks are done simply because they're click bait.

1 hour ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Dereck Barnett, Taco Charlton, Zach Cunningham, Jarrad Davis, Sidney Jones, Marshon Lattimore, Desmond King, Jalen Tabor, Tim Williams if his character issues get dismissed by draft day, Ryan Anderson. Those are some names off the top of my head I'd take over any RB in the 1st.

The only elite player on that list is Barnett... I'm not advocating for taking a RB but I would not be upset landing an elite player like Cook. 

Taco Charlton is not good at all

12 minutes ago, SP_21 said:

The only elite player on that list is Barnett... I'm not advocating for taking a RB but I would not be upset landing an elite player like Cook. 

Taco Charlton is not good at all

All of those players would start day 1 in a greater position of need. They're all 1st round talents. The Colts new GM isn't drafting a rb. 

12 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

All of those players would start day 1 in a greater position of need. They're all 1st round talents. The Colts new GM isn't drafting a rb. 

Grigson is out of a job because he picked mediocre players at a position of need. 

19 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

What don't you like about Taco?  I haven't watched film, just curious.

I've watched three games so far and he hasn't made any impact. He has the absolute worst reaction to the snap I have ever seen. He's so late to react sometimes it blows my mind. 

5 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

I thought it was because of the 1st round busts? Two of them being a skills position. And also every defensive player he drafted from 2012-2014 isn't even on the roster anymore. And some from the 15' are gone too. 

I think we're saying the same thing 

1 hour ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Well Barnett I feel is more of a 4-3 guy but like I said I think he'll be gone Cunningham is way overrated. King is not a 1st round talent and neither is Anderson IMO. Williams as you said has the character issues but is also overrated. Charlton isn't really special from what I've seen. The Jones, Tabor, and Lattimore maybe but idk if they're better players overall than Cook. 

1 minute ago, Defjamz26 said:

Well Barnett I feel is more of a 4-3 guy but like I said I think he'll be gone Cunningham is way overrated. King is not a 1st round talent and neither is Anderson IMO. Williams as you said has the character issues but is also overrated. Charlton isn't really special from what I've seen. The Jones, Tabor, and Lattimore maybe but idk if they're better players overall than Cook. 

Cunningham isn't overrated, I'd rather have Jarrad Davis though. Tim Williams isn't overrated. King can easily be a 1st rounder(but if you don't like him there's about 4 other corners that are 1st round) Ryan Anderson has been in a lot of mocks in the 1st, as has Mr Taco.  There will absolutely be a stud defender at #15. 

7 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Like I said before unless we address multiple needs in free agency, I'm not comfortable drafting Cook in the first. I don't think we need to draft safety at least that high and I hate Carl Lawson. Don't see the hype.

Lawson was one of the few pass rushers who gave Tunsil trouble.

5 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Colts Selections:

1. Dalvin Cook, RB

2. Carl Lawson, OLB

3. Eddie Jackson, FS

Honestly I think this is lazy guy way of mocking. They see an old Gore and an old Adams and say we have to replace them....when in reality those guys have been two of our better players. I'm ok with Lawson if we don't land an OLB in rd 1 but we need help at MLB and CB much much more than RB and FS and given who would likely be on the board that is too big a need to pass up. I know I know you draft BPA but you can't tell me a rb like Cook is going to be that much higher on our board than the best corner back in the draft or heck even the best OT where we have needs too. Personally I like what we have at RB with Gore and Turbin and would be very happy finding a guy in rd 4 with one of our two picks to supplement the backfield. Heck there will be tons of RBs available in free agency too that some team will throw away. Freakin Demarco Murray was a throw away player last year that the Titans got for a steal. You can't tell me we can't find RB help in FA. Heck Ajayi was a 5th rd pick. David Johnson a third rd pick Leveon Bell a second rd pick...we can find RB help later in the draft. Our offense is not the problem...maybe some slow starts have hurt but that isn't because of our backs. If our OL continues to strengthen it won't matter who we line up back there they will make yds for us. Same thing for our WRs....sure its nice to have a stud here and there but Andrew is special enough that if we run the right offense he will get the ball to just about anyone. While Cook I think is a nice back I don't think he is a once in a generation back....he isn't AP he isn't Terrell Davis imo...which I know doesn't mean much to most but dang we have a need at every position on defense and possibly the OL so you can't tell me you can't find one rated out higher than RB which to me is a luxury pick. I hope we go defense early and often because those positions at rush backer and mlb and cb are HUGE needs. Heck we need help at DL too. If we don't start putting emphasis on building our defense with our draft currency then this team I promise will continue to score 30 pts and only win half our games because just about every team in the NFL can score 30 on us too.

PS....Peppers is a safety...and only a safety...anyone that wants to turn him into a lb or cb needs to watch full games and not just high light reels. He is a freak athlete but he lacks the cover skills of a corner and strength and technique of a lb to get off blocks. You put this guy in open space and let him make plays....ala safety....and he isn't even the best one in the draft....likely bottom of rd 1. Sorry....rant off lol.

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Honestly I think this is lazy guy way of mocking. They see an old Gore and an old Adams and say we have to replace them....when in reality those guys have been two of our better players. I'm ok with Lawson if we don't land an OLB in rd 1 but we need help at MLB and CB much much more than RB and FS and given who would likely be on the board that is too big a need to pass up. I know I know you draft BPA but you can't tell me a rb like Cook is going to be that much higher on our board than the best corner back in the draft or heck even the best OT where we have needs too. Personally I like what we have at RB with Gore and Turbin and would be very happy finding a guy in rd 4 with one of our two picks to supplement the backfield. Heck there will be tons of RBs available in free agency too that some team will throw away. Freakin Demarco Murray was a throw away player last year that the Titans got for a steal. You can't tell me we can't find RB help in FA. Heck Ajayi was a 5th rd pick. David Johnson a third rd pick Leveon Bell a second rd pick...we can find RB help later in the draft. Our offense is not the problem...maybe some slow starts have hurt but that isn't because of our backs. If our OL continues to strengthen it won't matter who we line up back there they will make yds for us. Same thing for our WRs....sure its nice to have a stud here and there but Andrew is special enough that if we run the right offense he will get the ball to just about anyone. While Cook I think is a nice back I don't think he is a once in a generation back....he isn't AP he isn't Terrell Davis imo...which I know doesn't mean much to most but dang we have a need at every position on defense and possibly the OL so you can't tell me you can't find one rated out higher than RB which to me is a luxury pick. I hope we go defense early and often because those positions at rush backer and mlb and cb are HUGE needs. Heck we need help at DL too. If we don't start putting emphasis on building our defense with our draft currency then this team I promise will continue to score 30 pts and only win half our games because just about every team in the NFL can score 30 on us too.

PS....Peppers is a safety...and only a safety...anyone that once to turn him into a lb or cb needs to watch full games and not just high light reels. He is a freak athlete but he lacks the cover skills of a corner and strength and technique of a lb to get off blocks. You put this guy in open space and let him make plays....ala safety....and he isn't even the best one in the draft....likely bottom of rd 1. Sorry....rant off lol.

If cook is there and none of our other targets are not then it would be dumb to pass on a guy who cold instantly help our offense.

5 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

If cook is there and none of our other targets are not then it would be dumb to pass on a guy who cold instantly help our offense.

That's fine...and maybe we will....but at pick 15 I have a ton of guys that would bring more value (would rate higher on my board). I don't see Cook as special....and at a position like RB or say S or TE or G I would have to see this guy as something really special to take that high in the first rd. If we were still picking 26-32 I could understand...but like in this draft with literally every cb available in the draft you can't tell me there isn't one that is special and could come in and start right away and make a bigger difference on our team than Cook. Just my opinion of course.

14 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Plenty of defenders will be there don't worry.

Can't assume those defenders are can't miss though. None of the CBs are being talked about as being on the same level as Hargreaves or Ramsey. The only elite top tier defenders in this draft are probably Garrett, Allen, Foster, and Barnett. I like Tak a lot but he isn't can't miss. Cook is an elite talent to the point where some analysts think he's better than Fournette.

6 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Can't assume those defenders are can't miss though. None of the CBs are being talked about as being on the same level as Hargreaves or Ramsey. The only elite top tier defenders in this draft are probably Garrett, Allen, Foster, and Barnett. I like Tak a lot but he isn't can't miss. Cook is an elite talent to the point where some analysts think he's better than Fournette.

I just disagree 150%.