Jim Irsay Press Conference Discussion Thread

MTC

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

Sounds like Pagano is on a short leash.  Also sounds like he's really excited to have the opportunity to work without Grigson in the building

I think Jim Irsay wants to keep Chuck Pagano. I felt that way last year too.

Jim Irsay says that Chuck Pagano is the coach in 2017. I believe him. 

2 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

Now that Irsay said Pagano will be the HC for 2017, how does he know the new GM will not fire him or does that mean that he will only hire a GM that is happy Pagano is the head coach???!!

it's crazy to say Pagano is safe for 2017 , but that's what he said. Irsay is just looney.  How in the world does a GM get forced to work with a particular coach.  This is not unprecedented i realize.

5 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I guess all that stuff about Pagano and Grigson being tied at the hip wasn't true at all.  Again, I find this odd.  Grigson at least showed some promise with the draft last year, but Pagano always looks overwhelmed and in way over his head

That's so true.

Grigson was the main problem, not Chuck. It was rumored Grigson treated people that worked for the Colts and some players like crap. Players love Chuck and Chuck can only be as good as the players that are provided for him. It's a start in the right direction. At least he got rid of one of them which I honestly didn't think would happen until at least after next season.

5 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I guess all that stuff about Pagano and Grigson being tied at the hip wasn't true at all.  Again, I find this odd.  Grigson at least showed some promise with the draft last year, but Pagano always looks overwhelmed and in way over his head

Yeah, bizarre. I don't get it. Grigson overall record before getting fired was deplorable. Last year's draft not too bad . What changed ? He gave him the extension before last season. Doesn't make any sense. Grigson arguably had a better year than Pagano last year and Irsay was adamant they were tied together. 

3 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

This sounds like a riddle with no answer. Either Irsay has somebody on the hook or he just couldnt stand another day with Grigson?  The combine is coming up in February so they will not wait that long but I do NOT want to see Raye as our GM 

Why?