Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Irsay spent 10 hours with Gruden in Texas.

RockThatBlue

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

Jimmy is a fool to not get Gruden after all this. Maybe Gruden wanted Ryan out. So be it if the Colts bomb out with Chuck and Ryan.

Have you read ANY of the plethora of posts in this thread that have clearly and consicely explained why there wouldnt be an official announcement yet?

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

The best answer I have heard for this is,  it gives potential future minority head coaches experience in the interview process.    I'm not a minority,  But I don't think I would like going through a dog and pony show when I know im not gonna get the job.

I always say that every interview experience is great for the job you're meant to have. Though it doesn't suck any less to get a generic "sorry not sorry" letter from HR.

1 minute ago, Superman said:

Haters gonna hate. Irsay has plenty of rope when it comes to minority head coaches, IMO.

That's actually a really good point. However, in 2017 social media, not sure it is worth the storm to not follow through. 

Regarding the rule in general, it isn't perfect but we don't live in a perfect world. From my position in the world, it looks to be more positive than negative. 

1 minute ago, Larry Horseman said:

That's actually a really good point. However, in 2017 social media, not sure it is worth the storm to not follow through. 

Regarding the rule in general, it isn't perfect but we don't live in a perfect world. From my position in the world, it looks to be more positive than negative. 

To be fair he already gets a ton grief on social media as it is.

1 minute ago, corgi said:

To be fair he already gets a ton grief on social media as it is.

That's true too. He brought some on himself from his loose cannon period on twitter coupled with the arrest. However, in actual practice of running the franchise, Irsay is very diligent and not at all what most sell him as. 

4 minutes ago, buccolts said:

Can we just agree to go on Hard Knocks and call it even?

Heck, we went to London last year. 

If you switch coaches, you're Hard Knocks exempt. So if the Colts agreed to go on Hard Knocks with a new coach, that should make up for the Rooney violation, right???

Well, there is nothing here to write about.  Bondus stated Irsay was meeting with JOHN Gruden.  John Gruden is a former hockey player and AAA Hockey coach, so maybe Irsay is thinking about buying the Indianapolis Ice or something.

Now, if he went there to talk with JON Gruden, that would be a different story.

1 minute ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Well, there is nothing here to write about.  Bondus stated Irsay was meeting with JOHN Gruden.  John Gruden is a former hockey player and AAA Hockey coach, so maybe Irsay is thinking about buying the Indianapolis Ice or something.

Now, if he went there to talk with JON Gruden, that would be a different story.

Too much coffee?

Rick Venturi was on JMV's show yesterday hyping up Gruden.  Said he'd be a better coach now than when he last coached (due to following the game even closer in his current profession and the perspective you gain from being away from coaching for so long) and that he's the best offensive mind you will find.

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

If you switch coaches, you're Hard Knocks exempt. So if the Colts agreed to go on Hard Knocks with a new coach, that should make up for the Rooney violation, right???

HBO would love that.  Hard knocks with Gruden would be big ratings

16 minutes ago, Superman said:

I'm not ecstatic about it, but I can get on board. 

I believe you're a big fan of McDaniels, and I can understand that.  McDaniels has some of the best offensive game plans in the league.  His ability to adjust the offense to attack the defense is exemplary.  My only hesitation is how Pats assistants do away from Belichick.  I know he's learned a lot from his time in Denver and I'm sure he's learned even more being back with New England, but there's still some hesitation on my end with him.  In terms of Gruden, I think he is a great fit with Luck.  He has Super Bowl experience, he's great in terms of Xs and Os, he's no-nonsense, he and Luck both speak the same football language, our offensive system would likely remain largely the same if our assistants were to be hired as head coaches elsewhere.  I do wonder who he would bring in as a defensive coordinator if he is hired as a head coach.

So why is the national media not picking up stories like this? I get the ESPN connection but I'm not seeing anything from other outlets. If this is true, wouldn't it be pretty big news? It seems like everyone has just monkeyed off of one report from a little while ago that no local writers have confirmed, just seems really bizarre.

1 minute ago, VocableLoki said:

So why is the national media not picking up stories like this? I get the ESPN connection but I'm not seeing anything from other outlets. If this is true, wouldn't it be pretty big news? It seems like everyone has just monkeyed off of one report from a little while ago that no local writers have confirmed, just seems really bizarre.

Just keep praying to your Pagano shrine...

3 minutes ago, VocableLoki said:

Good point.

2 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I believe you're a big fan of McDaniels, and I can understand that.  McDaniels has some of the best offensive game plans in the league.  His ability to adjust the offense to attack the defense is exemplary.  My only hesitation is how Pats assistants do away from Belichick.  I know he's learned a lot from his time in Denver and I'm sure he's learned even more being back with New England, but there's still some hesitation on my end with him.  In terms of Gruden, I think he is a great fit with Luck.  He has Super Bowl experience, he's great in terms of Xs and Os, he's no-nonsense, he and Luck both speak the same football language, our offensive system would likely remain largely the same if our assistants were to be hired as head coaches elsewhere.  I do wonder who he would bring in as a defensive coordinator if he is hired as a head coach.

I'm not a fan of Gruden, if he becomes the Colts head coach I will give him the same chance that I give any Colts coach.

But what would Colts fans do, if the Colts are ahead by 21 points with just under 4 minutes remaining in the game and they lost?  That happened to Gruden.

Just now, VocableLoki said:

Where did I mention Pagano? You don't have to troll for a Pagano argument in every thread.

I know your sweating now...You have been one of his biggest cheerleaders and trashing people for still thinking we would hire someone else...

4 minutes ago, VocableLoki said:

soemtimes it takes a day...to go national.

I think 'Gruden-Colts'  will be up and down the ESPN 'universe' Thursday, true or not 

2 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I'm not a fan of Gruden, if he becomes the Colts head coach I will give him the same chance that I give any Colts coach.

But what would Colts fans do, if the Colts are ahead by 21 points with just under 4 minutes remaining in the game and they lost?  That happened to Gruden.

one game