Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dalvin Cook (Mega Merge)

4 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

BPA does have some meaning though. If the RB is better than the defensive player on the board then you go with the RB. I hear you on building the D, but you have you can't reach for need.

The grades won't be that much different that early in the draft so we don't have to worry about that

The difference between say Cunningham and a RB isn't enough to make you pass on need cause of our desperate need for a coverage linebacker 

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

The grades won't be that much different that early in the draft so we don't have to worry about that

The difference between say Cunningham and a RB isn't enough to make you pass on need cause of our desperate need for a coverage linebacker 

I mean Fournette is a blue chip prospect. The only players in this draft in the same tier are Peppers, Garrett, and Allen. The difference between him and Cunningham at our pick would be huge. Cook is an elite talent too but Fournette is something else. If Cook is there you'd have to take a hard look. If Fournette is there you sprint to the podium.

4 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I mean Fournette is a blue chip prospect. The only players in this draft in the same tier are Peppers, Garrett, and Allen. The difference between him and Cunningham at our pick would be huge. Cook is an elite talent too but Fournette is something else. If Cook is there you'd have to take a hard look. If Fournette is there you sprint to the podium.

Fournette will not even be there he is a top 5 player he's better then zeke and he went top 5

Gallman is a very nice alternative in the 2nd. In case we don't draft a Cook or Fournette in the first and decide to go defense. Dude reminds a tad bit of Leveon Bell. There's really no right or wrong choice here (offense or defense). As long as its the best player available. 

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

I will bet you any amount of money he's not better than Zeke. I doubt Fournette will ever have a season better then Zeke's rookie season.

If Fournette played behind that line, he would. Don't be so quick to judge. Put Elliott behind an average line and you got a different Elliott. 

Taking an RB in the 1st round is the kind of thing that would completely lose the fanbase. Even if you could guarantee an rb we could get would be as good as Ezekiel Elliott, I still wouldn't do it. RB is a huge luxury pick. Luck is our centerpiece on offense and the offense is supposed to revolve around Luck. We need defense, go BPA on defense. We aren't trying to turn Luck into Dak Prescott, and that's exactly what we'd do if we surrounded Luck with a 1st round rb. It's literally the easiest position to hit on in the later rounds. Draft two rbs in the mid late rounds and have them compete with Turbin and Todman to see who starts.

2 minutes ago, Mr_486lo said:

If Fournette played behind that line, he would. Don't be so quick to judge. Put Elliott behind an average line and you got a different Elliott. 

Those are two hypotheticals that won't happen, Fournette has to run with the team on the line that drafts him. So far, he's done nothing in the NFL.

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Zeke has the best run blocking line since Emmitt smith's cowboys line 

He would still be a 1500 yd runner on an average line. Again, he got drafted there and he is producing. You willing to bet Fournette can do better on the random team he goes too? You sound like you like him.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Taking an RB in the 1st round is the kind of thing that would completely lose the fanbase. Even if you could guarantee an rb we could get would be as good as Ezekiel Elliott, I still wouldn't do it. RB is a huge luxury pick. Luck is our centerpiece on offense and the offense is supposed to revolve around Luck. We need defense, go BPA on defense. We aren't trying to turn Luck into Dak Prescott, and that's exactly what we'd do if we surrounded Luck with a 1st round rb. It's literally the easiest position to hit on in the later rounds. Draft two rbs in the mid late rounds and have them compete with Turbin and Todman to see who starts.

This is so ridiculous I can't stop laughing!

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

He would still be a 1500 yd runner on an average line. Again, he got drafted there and he is producing. You willing to bet Fournette can do better on the random team he goes too? You sound like you like him.

Then your judging them by the team they are on not the talent they 

5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Talk about hypotheticals...

Just now, Mr_486lo said:

Im so lost

Your stating two things that won't happen. Fournette will never run behind the cowboys line, and I guarantee Elliott won't run behind a different O-Line, so both points are irrelevent. Fournette has done nothing nothing yet, he's a hyped up rb that was fantastic in college. He may or may not be good. You can only judge him how he does on the team that drafts him.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Your stating two things that won't happen. Fournette will never run behind the cowboys line, and I guarantee Elliott won't run behind a different O-Line, so both points are irrelevent. Fournette has done nothing nothing yet, he's a hyped up rb that was fantastic in college. He may or may not be good. You can only judge him how he does on the team that drafts him.

Of course he won't. Dallas has rb. Im waiting on you to make a valid or legitimate point

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It's an estimate, but it doesn't matter, because he's playing for the Cowboys. The O-Line excuse is just that, an excuse. We won't know otherwise, and if we do, it'll be because he's declined at the end of his career.

You win....

12 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Because David Johnson's and Devonta Freeman's success doesn't mean you can just get a top tier back in the middle rounds like that. First or second round is really where it's at.

Adrian Peterson 

Elliot

Bell

Gordon

Gurley (will rebound)

Demarco Murray

Lesean McCoy

Ingram (having a good year)

Those are all 1st and 2nd round picks. You have Charles and Gore who are 3rd rounders but the first 2 rounds are the sweet spot.

Gordon, Gurley, and Ingram do not  help your argument.

5 of the top 10 rushers this year were drafted outside of the first two rounds.

31 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Gordon, Gurley, and Ingram do not  help your argument.

5 of the top 10 rushers this year were drafted outside of the first two rounds.

Yet the guys who you could make a case for being the best RBs in the league were 1st or 2nd round picks. But history has shown that the higher round guys are usually the more successful ones. Sure you CAN find success at RB later in the draft but it's not a guarantee. You can't just say "We can get a RB in round 3 or later" and assume you're going to get the next David Johnson. All guys like that prove are why you should draft RBs higher. 

17 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Yet the guys who you could make a case for being the best RBs in the league were 1st or 2nd round picks. But history has shown that the higher round guys are usually the more successful ones. Sure you CAN find success at RB later in the draft but it's not a guarantee. You can't just say "We can get a RB in round 3 or later" and assume you're going to get the next David Johnson. All guys like that prove are why you should draft RBs higher. 

Really?  I would take Johnson over Elliot in a heartbeat. And Elliot isn't doing anything Ajayi isn't doing.

And i didn't just say "we can get a RB in round 3 or later".  I actually looked at the leading rushers and and found half of them were not drafted in the first two rounds.

and historically you are probably right, but the NFL is now a passing league and running backs often have short careers leading the value of running backs to plummet.

I feel like the Elliot hype is a little bit of revisionist history. He was not nearly as well-regarded this time last year as Fournette, Chubb, or Cook. It wasn't until he made it to the Cowboys that he became the next big thing. He's been great behind that line, and he might still prove to be the better back, but there is almost no chance he would go before Fournette or Cook if they shared the same draft.

To the subject, I have a hard time imagining not drafting def in the first, but if Cook is BPA then I won't hate it. RB is a position of need. If they curveball and go WR though...rage.

2 minutes ago, nburgmei said:

I feel like the Elliot hype is a little bit of revisionist history. He was not nearly as well-regarded this time last year as Fournette, Chubb, or Cook. It wasn't until he made it to the Cowboys that he became the next big thing. He's been great behind that line, and he might still prove to be the better back, but there is almost no chance he would go before Fournette or Cook if they shared the same draft.

To the subject, I have a hard time imgaining not drafting def in the first, but I'd Cook is BPA then I won't hate it. RB is a position of need. If they curveball and go WR though...rage.

Other than Garrett I don't see an OLB worthy of a top 15 pick either..If things roll right hopefully we can get Cook or Fournette in 1st, and OLB T.J. Watt in second..

1 hour ago, BOTT said:

Really?  I would take Johnson over Elliot in a heartbeat. And Elliot isn't doing anything Ajayi isn't doing.

And i didn't just say "we can get a RB in round 3 or later".  I actually looked at the leading rushers and and found half of them were not drafted in the first two rounds.

and historically you are probably right, but the NFL is now a passing league and running backs often have short careers leading the value of running backs to plummet.

I'd take Johnson and Bell over Elliot. I don't buy the 1st round RB hype look at all starters at running back only like 6 were 1st rounders the rest are 2nd all the way to undrafted

2 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Other than Garrett I don't see an OLB worthy of a top 15 pick either..If things roll right hopefully we can get Cook or Fournette in 1st, and OLB T.J. Watt in second..

Why does everyone always say OLB we could literally pick any position on D and it will be an upgrade on this putrid defense. 

7 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Why does everyone always say OLB we could literally pick any position on D and it will be an upgrade on this putrid defense. 

I like our d-line and safetys...We need a cover-ilb, rush olbs, and a true #2 press corner....Could possibly use a NT but that's down the list..Anderson, Parry, Ridgeway, McGill, Lankford, Jones is a solid rotation especially if healthy..

3 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

I like our d-line and safetys...We need a cover-ilb, rush olbs, and a true #2 press corner....Could possibly use a NT but that's down the list..Anderson, Parry, Ridgeway, McGill, Lankdord is a solid rotation especially if healthy..

Our safeties could be better half are old 1 is injured 24/7 and the other is God awful in coverage every LB spot needs an upgrade NT is more important then what your saying parry isn't good and we have needed a #2 CB since 2012

We can thank ol Grigson for these problems

4 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Our safeties could be better half are old 1 is injured 24/7 and the other is God awful in coverage every LB spot needs an upgrade NT is more important then what your saying parry isn't good and we have needed a #2 CB since 2012

We can thank ol Grigson for these problems

Geathers has to stay healthy, Green is raw but has huge upside, Butler has been good at safety, and Adams is worth another year for depth. ...THE more I watch T.J. Watt the more I like him, he is a clone of his brother I hope we get him somehow...We need to pay for top free agent CB and ILB this year no matter what...

3 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Geathers has to stay healthy, Green is raw but has huge upside, Butler has been good at safety, and Adams is worth another year for depth. ...THE more I watch T.J. Watt the more I like him, he is a clone of his brother I hope we get him somehow...We need to pay for top free agent CB and ILB this year no matter what...

I want a corner or ILB in the first of no OLB fall 

22 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

Very powerful runner, runs through tackles with ease, has home run big play ability, great blocker, great receiver. ...Has a lot of Edgerrin James and Leveon Bell traits....The real McCoy complete 3 down franchise back...Very rare talent that doesn't come around often...With the Colts luck we will miss playoffs, but still win out and he will be picked a couple picks ahead of us....We haven't had a franchise back since James and every year I pray we find one...Hopefully this will be the year...

I don't see much Edge in Cook myself. Cook is more of a slasher he is not an impose his will type of runner. Can he run through tackles? He does sometimes but often times I see him tackled without much resistance. It's not his style to run you over. He has been compared to RB from the U but not the Edge. 

The other Cane is Clinton Portis beforethe trade to Washington and knee injury. Although he had some very good years for Washington too. If you watched Portis play in Denver his first 2 seasons you know this is a huge compliment. 

I think how great Portis was those first 2 years in Denver is mostly forgotten. He had back to back seasons of 1500+ rushing yards to begin his career. Those first 2 seasons resulted in 3777 total yards 3100 on the ground with 31 touchdowns.

Cook runs with a lot of the same traits. Cook is a patient runner but when the crease is there he has flick of the switch speed. He is on the LB and often times past him before he knows it. If the kid gets in open field forget it. He has a great first cut and a combination of agility, vision and speed you need to succeed. 

I would not be surprised, disappointed but suprised if Grig's drafted a RB.  He has only drafted a defensive player in the 1st round one time. 

We need more speed and playmakers on D. The D limits what this team can be and hopefully that starts to change in the 1st round of this draft. I hope to see Foster Cunnimgham maybe Barnett slips. RB is.not a position I'd spend a 1st on with the holes we have on D. 

9 minutes ago, a06cc said:

If Leonard Fournette is there I'm him. Charles Harris as well. With the way our OLine is we need a back like LF to make something out of nothing.

I think the line is trending up, its a lot better than it has been..A lot of gores 4 or 5 yard runs could have been 20+ yards with a legit franchise back..Gore left a lot of yards on the field. ..

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 11:26 AM, jshipp23 said:

It seems like every year a couple top 10 rush olb's bust...I like the kelly type pick in the first round..We need a can't miss pick. .I wouldn't be sad if we got a good press CB in first either though...Still wish we would have take Xavier Rhodes instead of Werner smh...

I'd be all for taking a Marcus Peters type guy with a high draft pick also if we went that route. Haven't reviewed many prospects but I do like Desmond King.