Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dalvin Cook (Mega Merge)

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, krunk said:

He kind of reminds me of CJ2K in some ways.  Just a little bit more physical.

Man I've been looking into Wayne Gallman too...That boy is electric, not a complete as Cook, but he is a big play waiting to happen..If we go defense in 1st I would love Gallman in 2nd...

Just now, jshipp23 said:

Man I've been looking into Wayne Gallman too...That boy is electric, not a complete as Cook, but he is a big play waiting to happen..If we go defense in 1st I would love Gallman in 2nd...

Only thing I don't like is he's kind of short, but there's been successful backs at 5'9".  He's got good weight though at 215.   Actually I think Gore is 5'9"

The more I watch Cunningham I see a pro bowl player. .Almost have to take him and hope for Gallman in 2nd..CUNNINGHAM is a special player...Hopefully Tanoh Kpassagnon is there in 3rd or trade up back into 2nd and get Takk McKinley, Watt, or Kpassagnon...This draft is so loaded with defensive prospects it's crazy...

18 minutes ago, krunk said:

Cook doesn't remind me of EJ either.  Damn good player though.

Similar size, all around complete backs..Cook has more shake and James had more power..If you look at James Miami highlights when he had speed is what I'm basing my comparison on...

I'd rather get a CB in free agency..Too many good linebackers both inside and outside in this draft not to get 2 or 3 and solve our problem both in edge rush and ILb that can stop the run and cover..I like Cunningham a little better than Foster, but I think foster could be a beast too...

6 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

The more I watch Cunningham I see a pro bowl player. .Almost have to take him and hope for Gallman in 2nd..CUNNINGHAM is a special player...Hopefully Tanoh Kpassagnon is there in 3rd or trade up back into 2nd and get Takk McKinley, Watt, or Kpassagnon...This draft is so loaded with defensive prospects it's crazy...

Cunningham can't tackle for **** though. Watched some tape today and he loves hugging people up high around the shoulders and then just tossing them down. And he's got a thin frame. That won't work in the NFL though. I see the tremendous potential but he's Raw as all hell. I wouldn't take him top 20 where we'll be picking.

6 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

Dang is he quick through the hole....That's the one thing the Colts are missing on O...And he's a home run too.

No doubt about it. I wouldn't be the least bit upset if we drafted him. We will need to replace Gore eventually, and Cook would be the perfect one to do that IMO.

On 12/24/2016 at 11:15 AM, jshipp23 said:

Olb taken in 1st are never a sure thing especially where we will be picking..Olb bust more than any other position in my opinion..If we take Cook or Fournette they are can't miss 1400 yard backs...

There is no such thing as a can't miss at any position

11 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Plus,   He is nothing like Edge. AT ALL other than catching the ball out of the back field

More alike than you think, complete in all phases can block and catch..He has more agility and speed than edge..Once again, Edge was different after the injury he had to change his game..Before acl he was a home run threat too...Cook will be every bit as good as Elliot, we can't go wrong taking him..He stays healthy and is tough as they come as well...

Just looking at the highlites of the Michigan and Fla State game, and I would profoundly say that the Colts need to do their utmost best to draft this RB Dalvin Cook.  I believe his the real deal, and can really make the difference in the running game.  You already have a QB, get a freaking RB.  So, the team needs to evaluate and see who's drafting ahead of them that doesn't really need a RB and grab this one(Cook).  It's a no brainer, Are you listening Grigson/Pags and Irsay?

1 minute ago, gacoop1 said:

Just looking at the highlites of the Michigan and Fla State game, and I would profoundly say that the Colts need to do their utmost best to draft this RB Dalvin Cook.  I believe his the real deal, and can really make the difference in the running game.  You already have a QB, get a freaking RB.  So, the team needs to evaluate and see who's drafting ahead of them that doesn't really need a RB and grab this one(Cook).  It's a no brainer, Are you listening Grigson/Pags and Irsay?

Whats great about this draft is its LOADED with pass rushers so we could take Cook and still get 2 dangerous OLBs in the 2nd and 3rd..Grab a CB and ILB in free agency and we are set..Or grab and edge rusher in FA and get an ILB and OLB in 2nd and 3rd...

5 minutes ago, gacoop1 said:

We need to lose to Jags today..I can't believe Luck is playing, if we win this game and it costs us 3 or 4 spots and we miss out on Cook it is all time dumb..We deserve to suck if we r that stupid...

1 hour ago, jshipp23 said:

Whats great about this draft is its LOADED with pass rushers so we could take Cook and still get 2 dangerous OLBs in the 2nd and 3rd..Grab a CB and ILB in free agency and we are set..Or grab and edge rusher in FA and get an ILB and OLB in 2nd and 3rd...

It's always amazing to me how you see the world......

Things are always so easy and so obvious to you........

If only it were that way.

By the way,   a number of those LOADED pass rushers,  are 4-3 guys and not all of them will be able to make the conversion.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

By the way,   a number of those LOADED pass rushers,  are 4-3 guys and not all of them will be able to make the conversion.

I know you want to keep Pagano draft a rb later and miss out on Cook like we did with LeVeon Bell..You see things very negatively and prefer the slow but safe route....If a defensive end in a 4-3 has SPEED he can convert to OLB in my opinion...There will be guys like McKinley who can play de for us if olb doesn't work..Guys like Watt, Barnett, Kpassagnon, Allen..We don't ask our olbs to cover much, Mathis had success a t olb before age and injuries because he was quick off the ball and quick all around...We def dont need to draft a power bull rush guy to play olb I agree with that much..We need to keep Walden to set edge and get a couple pure pass rushers PERIOD...Werner couldn't convert because he was slow off the ball and slow all around...We run more of a hybrid 3-4 we play in 4-3 alignments at times as well...

1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

I know you want to keep Pagano draft a rb later and miss out on Cook like we did with LeVeon Bell..You see things very negatively and prefer the slow but safe route....If a defensive end in a 4-3 has SPEED he can convert to OLB in my opinion...There will be guys like McKinley who can play de for us if olb doesn't work..Guys like Watt, Barnett, Kpassagnon, Allen..We don't ask our olbs to cover much, Mathis had success a t olb before age and injuries because he was quick off the ball and quick all around...We def dont need to draft a power bull rush guy to play olb I agree with that much..We need to keep Walden to set edge and get a couple pure pass rushers PERIOD...Werner couldn't convert because he was slow off the ball and slow all around...We run more of a hybrid 3-4 we play in 4-3 alignments at times as well...

I don't PREFER the slow but safe route.      I just try to explain to people that the normal process is slow. 

And nothing about football is safe.

I just try to preach patience.        We literally had posters who after the 2013 season were wondering why we hadn't reached the Super Bowl with Luck yet.       Two years.     And the first one was with a cheap, make shift roster because we carried $40 Million in Dead Cap money.

I like the rushers you named.    But some of them will bust.     It's just the law of averages.     That's why there are so many misses by ALL TEAMS in the draft,   not just the Colts.

By the way,  LeVeon Bell went roughly in the 40's.     So, lots of teams missed on him.    And that's in part due to him playing in college at 244 pounds.    That's what he played at in his rookie year.    The team encouraged him to drop some weight.      He lost 20 pounds.     And he's been playing at 224 ever since.

No one knew Bell would be this good when he came out of college.     If they did,  why didn't they draft him sooner?      Come on now.....

15 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

If we draft cook it will make our offense best in NFL...Worst case scenario we outscore teams 42-35 if we completely fail to address defense rest of draft and free agency which we won't. ..If we pass on Cook and still get McCaffery, or Gallman in 2nd ok..But the guy we pass on him for better be an elite ALL-Pro guy who will change our D because Cook is gonna have Ezekiel Elliott like impact on team that drafts him..Having a running game HELPS the defense..Its been 10 years without a franchise back time to get one...

18 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don't PREFER the slow but safe route.      I just try to explain to people that the normal process is slow. 

And nothing about football is safe.

I just try to preach patience.        We literally had posters who after the 2013 season were wondering why we hadn't reached the Super Bowl with Luck yet.       Two years.     And the first one was with a cheap, make shift roster because we carried $40 Million in Dead Cap money.

I like the rushers you named.    But some of them will bust.     It's just the law of averages.     That's why there are so many misses by ALL TEAMS in the draft,   not just the Colts.

By the way,  LeVeon Bell went roughly in the 40's.     So, lots of teams missed on him.    And that's in part due to him playing in college at 244 pounds.    That's what he played at in his rookie year.    The team encouraged him to drop some weight.      He lost 20 pounds.     And he's been playing at 224 ever since.

No one knew Bell would be this good when he came out of college.     If they did,  why didn't they draft him sooner?      Come on now.....

The value at RB has and will keep going up especially after Elliot..Im sick and tired of not having a rb..Bell would go top 5 if drafted today..I can see Gallman, and McCaffery not being as a effective at NFL because of blocking and size and strength issues, but both can be dangerous players who can help offense a lot..Why you just don't pass on an every down elite back like Cook..Only way Cook busts is if he gets hurt and no one can control that. ..A defensive player can bust just as easily as a rb...My sure things are Cook, King, Peppers, and Foster..High ceiling riskier guys would be Allen, Barnett, Gallman, McCaffery, Watt, Cunningham, Tarkingsly,Kpassagnon, Humphries, Tabor...If we go olb in 1st where we will be picking only Allen is worth the risk...There will plenty of guys in 2nd and 3rd..

47 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

The value at RB has and will keep going up especially after Elliot..Im sick and tired of not having a rb..Bell would go top 5 if drafted today..I can see Gallman, and McCaffery not being as a effective at NFL because of blocking and size and strength issues, but both can be dangerous players who can help offense a lot..Why you just don't pass on an every down elite back like Cook..Only way Cook busts is if he gets hurt and no one can control that. ..A defensive player can bust just as easily as a rb...My sure things are Cook, King, Peppers, and Foster..High ceiling riskier guys would be Allen, Barnett, Gallman, McCaffery, Watt, Cunningham, Tarkingsly,Kpassagnon, Humphries, Tabor...If we go olb in 1st where we will be picking only Allen is worth the risk...There will plenty of guys in 2nd and 3rd..

Tim Williams not Allen get the Alabama guys mixed up smh..Tim Williams is the guy at OLB worth the risk in 1st...

3 hours ago, gacoop1 said:

Hopefully they aren't 

If we draft cook it will make our offense best in NFL...Worst case scenario we outscore teams 42-35 if we completely fail to address defense rest of draft and free agency which we won't. ..If we pass on Cook and still get McCaffery, or Gallman in 2nd ok..But the guy we pass on him for better be an elite ALL-Pro guy who will change our D because Cook is gonna have Ezekiel Elliott like impact on team that drafts him..Having a running game HELPS the defense..Its been 10 years without a franchise back time to get one...

If we draft Cook or Fournette, I'll be OK with it.    But it slows the building of the defense which I've wanted for a number of years.

And you're right,  other teams will see what having Elliott has done for the Cowboys.    It's the same as 3 years ago when Dallas had DeMarco Murray.      A great running game kept the Cowboys offense ON the field and their mediocre defense OFF the field.      Since the NFL is a copycat field it's possible a number of other teams will want to do that.        So, both Fournette AND Cook might be gone before we pick,  even if we lose Sunday.

See?     We found an area of agreement! 

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

If we draft Cook or Fournette, I'll be OK with it.    But it slows the building of the defense which I've wanted for a number of years.

And you're right,  other teams will see what having Elliott has done for the Cowboys.    It's the same as 3 years ago when Dallas had DeMarco Murray.      A great running game kept the Cowboys offense ON the field and their mediocre defense OFF the field.      Since the NFL is a copycat field it's possible a number of other teams will want to do that.        So, both Fournette AND Cook might be gone before we pick,  even if we lose Sunday.

See?     We found an area of agreement! 

Unfortunately you are probably right especially if we win..We need 12 to 14 range..Cook and Fournette could easily go top 10..If thats the case you gotta hope for Peppers, Tim Williams, Foster or Cunningham or even King..Value is def in 2nd and 3rd this draft..

Unfortunately you are probably right especially if we win..We need 12 to 14 range..Cook and Fournette could easily go top 10..If thats the case you gotta hope for Peppers, Tim Williams, Foster or Cunningham or even King..Value is def in 2nd and 3rd this draft..

There won't be a shortage of talent when we pick.

On 12/28/2016 at 1:07 PM, krunk said:

Only thing I don't like is he's kind of short, but there's been successful backs at 5'9".  He's got good weight though at 215.   Actually I think Gore is 5'9"

Just realized Gallman is 6-0 not short at all...