Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dalvin Cook (Mega Merge)

The more I watch him, the more he looks like a pre-acl injury Edgerrin James..He has big play ability and rare power...If he is there in the 1st we have to take him..I like him for our offense even better than Fournette because of his pass catching ability...He will be our 3 down FRANCHISE back and make our offense unstoppable..

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering where the Colts will be drafting (14-20), he most definitely could be the best player on the board if available so I wouldn't be opposed. Of course my first preference is to trade back and get extra picks since Grigsons track record in the 1st isn't so great. I'd like to land a stud OLB and CB in the early rounds. Players like Charles Harris, Carl Lawson, Desmond King, and Jourdan Lewis come to mind. 

8 minutes ago, twfish said:

Elliot was a edge clone. I haven't found one thing about Cook that makes me think he's going to be good. Can someone please point it out?

Very powerful runner, runs through tackles with ease, has home run big play ability, great blocker, great receiver. ...Has a lot of Edgerrin James and Leveon Bell traits....The real McCoy complete 3 down franchise back...Very rare talent that doesn't come around often...With the Colts luck we will miss playoffs, but still win out and he will be picked a couple picks ahead of us....We haven't had a franchise back since James and every year I pray we find one...Hopefully this will be the year...

13 minutes ago, twfish said:

Elliot was a edge clone. I haven't found one thing about Cook that makes me think he's going to be good. Can someone please point it out?

He is gonna be a lot like Lamar Miller to me. I don't care. Unless it's Ezekial Elliot, I don't want to waste our first round pick on a RB. We can find one that is plenty capable later in the draft or through FA. We need defense!!! 

3 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Very powerful runner, runs through tackles with ease, has home run big play ability, great blocker, great receiver. ...Has a lot of Edgerrin James and Leveon Bell traits....The real McCoy complete 3 down franchise back...Very rare talent that doesn't come around often...With the Colts luck we will miss playoffs, but still win out and he will be picked a couple picks ahead of us....We haven't had a franchise back since James and every year I pray we find one...Hopefully this will be the year...

I absolutely don't see it though and I've been trying too watch as much film of this year on Him as i can find. Take for instance his wake forest game and then you watch Clemsons game against wake and watch Wayne Gallman and it's night and day. I've just yet watch one of his games where I'm like wow. P.s I don't watch highlights they personally mean nothing too me.

7 minutes ago, twfish said:

Also I'm for taking a RB at anytime in this draft (BPA kinda guy over here) but I just don't want him especially in the first

Where we will be picking there isn't gonna be a stud olb...You could go cb or ilb in first, but if Cook or Fournette fall we got to take one...If they are gone ill be fine with McCaffery or Gallman in round 2 or 3..Cook isn't flashy he just breaks tackles , blocks great, and is a great receiver...He is just an all around complete player...There r more dynamic runners, but can they block or receive?  Can they break tackles at pro level? We can address olb and ilb in free agency as well...just saying..There isn't a great free agent back other than Bell and he will be franchised. .

No you don't pass on him.  We are going to find two maybe three new defensive starters in FA .  They will be young and very good.  That's addressing the defense with proven talent.  We all know how important Chuck and Ryan value the importance of a franchise RB that's why they tried the trade for Trent.  Didn't work out but if you think that guy is there when you pick they will do it.  And they should do it.  No one wanted Kelly with the 18th last year but now everyone is singing his praises.  So much for what you should or shouldn't do.  

16 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Where we will be picking there isn't gonna be a stud olb...You could go cb or ilb in first, but if Cook or Fournette fall we got to take one...If they are gone ill be fine with McCaffery or Gallman in round 2 or 3..Cook isn't flashy he just breaks tackles , blocks great, and is a great receiver...He is just an all around complete player...There r more dynamic runners, but can they block or receive?  Can they break tackles at pro level? We can address olb and ilb in free agency as well...just saying..There isn't a great free agent back other than Bell and he will be franchised. .

I would definitely be cool with trading back in the first too pick up McCaffery and a extra 2nd. Cook reminds me more of Ferguson. I like his speed and agility but that's it

51 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Tom Brady was taken in the 6th, Ryan Leaf was taken in the 1st...Your point?

If you are good a drafting you can find a great back after the first round. Hell like 3/4 of the NFLs best backs were NOT 1st rounders. AP Gordon Gurley and Zeke are the only ones I can think of. You can get Zeke in the first but you can also get Trent Richardson.

26 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

That doesn't happen near as often as RBs 

It seems like every year a couple top 10 rush olb's bust...I like the kelly type pick in the first round..We need a can't miss pick. .I wouldn't be sad if we got a good press CB in first either though...Still wish we would have take Xavier Rhodes instead of Werner smh...

4 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

It seems like every year a couple top 10 rush olb's bust...I like the kelly type pick in the first round..We need a can't miss pick. .I wouldn't be sad if we got a good press CB in first either though...Still wish we would have take Xavier Rhodes instead of Werner smh...

And RBs don't bust as often. Trent Richardson was the last huge bust but he was taken way to high to begin with. But the can't fail pick usually get drafted high, where we won't be picking. I have my eye on some pass rushers but I'd say Fournette or Cook would be the surest pick when the Colts are on the clock.

46 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

And RBs don't bust as often. Trent Richardson was the last huge bust but he was taken way to high to begin with. But the can't fail pick usually get drafted high, where we won't be picking. I have my eye on some pass rushers but I'd say Fournette or Cook would be the surest pick when the Colts are on the clock.

If we go OLB I hope it's T.J Watt

5 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

That doesn't happen near as often as RBs 

running backs have the easiest transition from college to the pros, while edge rushers, and dline have it tougher

we need both, so it will come down to who is better at what they do when we are up. 

15 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

running backs have the easiest transition from college to the pros, while edge rushers, and dline have it tougher

we need both, so it will come down to who is better at what they do when we are up. 

Exactly so why take one in the top of the 1st when mid to late picks transition just as good 

14 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Exactly so why take one in the top of the 1st when mid to late picks transition just as good 

becasue hes better

there may not even be any pass rushers worthy of our pick too

the good edge rushers are usually gone by the 15th pick

4 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

well whatever then

i think taking a back in the first is fine, and plenty of teams agree.  it was a good move for dallas, and its worked for countless others

Who? Who other then Dallas went RB in the first and is doing good? Chargers? No. Rams? No. Saints? No. Go take a gander at the best backs in this league currently and tell me how many were first rounders.

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Who? Who other then Dallas went RB in the first and is doing good? Chargers? No. Rams? No. Saints? No. Go take a gander at the best backs in this league currently and tell me how many were first rounders.

marshawn lynch was a first rounder

so was adrian peterson

they had good careers right?

55 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Because David Johnson's and Devonta Freeman's success doesn't mean you can just get a top tier back in the middle rounds like that. First or second round is really where it's at.

Adrian Peterson 

Elliot

Bell

Gordon

Gurley (will rebound)

Demarco Murray

Lesean McCoy

Ingram (having a good year)

Those are all 1st and 2nd round picks. You have Charles and Gore who are 3rd rounders but the first 2 rounds are the sweet spot.

1 minute ago, Defjamz26 said:

Because David Johnson's and Devonta Freeman's success doesn't mean you can just get a top tier back in the middle rounds like that. First or second round is really where it's at.

Adrian Peterson 

Elliot

Bell

Gordon

Gurley (will rebound)

Demarco Murray

Lesean McCoy

Ingram (having a good year)

Those are all 1st and 2nd round picks. You have Charles and Gore who are 3rd rounders but the first 2 rounds are the sweet spot.

I'm fine with second I am just saying not the 1st 

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I'm fine with second I am just saying not the 1st 

But that doesn't mean that there will be a RB worth the value at that pick. You can't just delegate taking a RB to a specific round. At that point you're reaching. Who would be there in the middle of the second round worth the pick?

8 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

If you are good a drafting you can find a great back after the first round. Hell like 3/4 of the NFLs best backs were NOT 1st rounders. AP Gordon Gurley and Zeke are the only ones I can think of. You can get Zeke in the first but you can also get Trent Richardson.

Good at drafting???? I won't entertain this. I just won't. 

Just now, Defjamz26 said:

But that doesn't mean that there will be a RB worth the value at that pick. You can't just delegate taking a RB to a specific round. At that point you're reaching. Who would be there in the middle of the second round worth the pick?

That's a rush you take when you D is putrid and worthless the offense is fine once we build a d then fine take one in the first but this is the wrong damn year to pull that crap 

8 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Good at drafting???? I won't entertain this. I just won't. 

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

That's a rush you take when you D is putrid and worthless the offense is fine once we build a d then fine take one in the first but this is the wrong damn year to pull that crap 

BPA does have some meaning though. If the RB is better than the defensive player on the board then you go with the RB. I hear you on building the D, but you have you can't reach for need.