Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

346 of 545, 4,240 yards, 31 TDs, 13 INTs

oldunclemark

14 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Those are the final 15-game numbers for Andrew Luck....who was sacked 41 times..

..his W-L record was 8-7....

as wobbly as it looked at times, Andrew was 24 of 40 for 321 yards, 2 Tds, one INT in the final game

Yeah he had a great season overall contrary to what many posters think.  I also feel that most in the sports world would agree.  A lot of work to do in the off season but he'll be ready to roll again next year.  

Mine of his best years stat wise, team just had so many gaping holes and injuries. 

This season I actually think was better than his 2014 season (4 761 yards 40 td 16 picks). His completion percentage was higher, his decision making was a bit better, plus he played one less game, and still got 30 tds.

Still got some things to work on, as he still sometimes holds onto the ball too long, looking for the deep pass. But he's more inclined to dump it down and go for the check down option if nothing is there. I would like to see him go through his progressions a bit faster (but that's just me).

tl;dr He's playing smarter and safer, yet still has that aggressiveness and that ability to push the ball down the field and get points. Next year he should be even better.

If before the season I told you Andrew would have this stat line, TY would lead the league in receiving, Gore would get 1000 yards, Walden would have 11 sacks, and wed have two of the worst QB's in the league in our division, it would have been inconceivable that we dont win the division easily much less finish third. Just a bizarre season all around.

Great season for him especially with the beating he took.

Did we ever get a reasoning for the glove he wore this week and last week that only covered his thumb? I wouldn't have thought anything of it but he kind of struggled with some snap drops and a few oddly inaccurate short throws today.

7 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Did we ever get a reasoning for the glove he wore this week and last week that only covered his thumb? I wouldn't have thought anything of it but he kind of struggled with some snap drops and a few oddly inaccurate short throws today.

He just never says whether he's hurt or not

2 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

He first wore it against the Vikings. Said he cut his hand, didn't want blood on the ball making it slippery. Maybe he liked the glove and decided to keep wearing it... 

7 minutes ago, SupermanLuck12 said:

What good is this if we can't even make the playoffs? Let alone win the South.

It somehow makes some Colts fans feel better about things I guess.  Like T.Y. winning the receiving title or Gore finally breaking 1,000 yards on the season.  Silver linings in a disappointing overall campaign.  Let them have it.  lol

15 hours ago, Malakai432 said:

team just had so many gaping holes and injuries. 

We do have holes to fill, but the constant(It seems) injuries are what's holding us back IMO. Serious thought should be put into possibilities of changing LOS playing surface, or the way the FO approaches practices/weight training. Something HAS to give with the constant injuries!!

17 hours ago, Malakai432 said:

Yeah he had a great season overall contrary to what many posters think.  I also feel that most in the sports world would agree.  A lot of work to do in the off season but he'll be ready to roll again next year.  

Mine of his best years stat wise, team just had so many gaping holes and injuries. 

Yup. Luck finished with a career high completion % and a career high QBR. Hes also thrown a TD in 25 straight games, which is the longest streak in the NFL. Luck is not a perfect QB, but hes dang good and I'm glad hes on our team.

Sometimes I do wonder if coaching holds him back from being even better than what he is. Look at the game plans we used against the Jets and Vikings, and then we don't use that game plan during the Texans games etc...

Overall a very good year for him. 

21 hours ago, Boiler_Colt said:

If before the season I told you Andrew would have this stat line, TY would lead the league in receiving, Gore would get 1000 yards, Walden would have 11 sacks, and wed have two of the worst QB's in the league in our division, it would have been inconceivable that we dont win the division easily much less finish third. Just a bizarre season all around.

That just shows how bad our D was this year.

8 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Yup. Luck finished with a career high completion % and a career high QBR. Hes also thrown a TD in 25 straight games, which is the longest streak in the NFL. Luck is not a perfect QB, but hes dang good and I'm glad hes on our team.

Sometimes I do wonder if coaching holds him back from being even better than what he is. Look at the game plans we used against the Jets and Vikings, and then we don't use that game plan during the Texans games etc...

Overall a very good year for him. 

Yeah I wonder the same thing also.  Luck is phenomenal in the no huddle but for some reason they only run it in seldomly or if they get down big, need a quick score ect.  I have no idea why the heck they don't run it when their O goes stagnant...

1 minute ago, Malakai432 said:

Yeah I wonder the same thing also.  Luck is phenomenal in the no huddle but for some reason they only run it in seldomly or if they get down big, need a quick score ect.  I have no idea why the heck they don't run it when their O goes stagnant...

Its a mystery why we don't run the no huddle more. Luck is phenomenal almost every time we do it, yet we only use it at desperate times.

3 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Its a mystery why we don't run the no huddle more. Luck is phenomenal almost every time we do it, yet we only use it at desperate times.

I don't get it either. I would do it to start games actually so if we do score it puts pressure on the other team and helps our Defense out bigtime.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't get it either. I would do it to start games actually so if we do score it puts pressure on the other team and helps our Defense out bigtime.

I agree. It could be a way to kill the slow starts that plague this team. Assuming the staff sticks around that is.

If we do get a new staff, for the love of God call some rollouts for Luck, and use the no huddle more. 5 years of this regime and we don't use Lucks legs as a weapon, or use him in the no huddle enough. Those are 2 things that need changed.

18 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

It somehow makes some Colts fans feel better about things I guess.  Like T.Y. winning the receiving title or Gore finally breaking 1,000 yards on the season.  Silver linings in a disappointing overall campaign.  Let them have it.  lol

It's just silver lining stuff, I agree. People just pointing out Positives which I would rather read than people bashing the team. The spoiled/entitled fans in here would bash our team even if we made the SB and lost because we lost in the SB LOL. Is anyone really happy unless we win the SB, in reality - NO. We made the AFC Title Game in 2014 and Luck had a career season and people still complained to no end because we lost at Foxboro where most teams get blown out at anyway. So it is what it is I guess.

5 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I agree. It could be a way to kill the slow starts that plague this team. Assuming the staff sticks around that is.

If we do get a new staff, for the love of God call some rollouts for Luck, and use the no huddle more. 5 years of this regime and we don't use Lucks legs as a weapon, or use him in the no huddle enough. Those are 2 things that need changed.

I agree 100%. I think Luck was held back this season from running because of being injured in 2015. When he runs we are much more dangerous, he just has to be smart about it.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This is the philosophy of the Manning years, and allowed D-Free and Mathis to tee off and become who they are as pro's. 

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

If we do get a new staff, for the love of God call some rollouts for Luck, and use the no huddle more.

QFT. Was sayin' this exact same thing to my wife Sunday during the game. Luck has been very good to great at this since college, so why not play to his strengths more!?!