Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

predict where we will pick in the draft

Stephen

18 minutes ago, Ryan Pelley said:

Before today, the Colts had the 14th spot. After today, I'll go with 18.

Obviously you don't believe the site that's been posted in this thread. We're picking 14 th if it is accurate.

Im going with 15th.

If the Colts would have lost today they could have went as high as 9th. Oh well, I say if were 15 or 16th we should try and trade out of first round.

Colts really love to win meaningless (in terms of standings) games.

1 minute ago, bravo4460 said:

Im going with 15th.

If the Colts would have lost today they could have went as high as 9th. Oh well, I say if were 15 or 16th we should try and trade out of first round.

Colts really love to win meaningless (in terms of standings) games.

Basically what happened is that the Colts once again avoided going 7-9 because of the Jaguars kicker. But I'm kind of glad we didn't lose to the Jaguars. Would've been embarrassing.

If we tie other teams records, we would likely get a higher pick because of strength of schedule.  There aren't that many 7-9 teams, so if we would have lost today, we probably would have moved up to 11th....the worst 7-9 team in terms of competition.

1 hour ago, NorthernBlue said:

According to this site, it's 14th right now.

http://heavy.com/sports/2017/01/nfl-draft-order-2017-full-list-of-picks-selections-browns-49ers-bears-jaguars-titans/

Could move to 13th if Saints win. They probably won't though. Down 22 in the 3rd right now.

Doing some simple math; I believe the site is correct. 

Tiebreakers are broken by strength of schedule. The Colts had the 20th best strength of schedule going into today; however, playing the Jaguars dropped that quite a bit. Just playing a 3-13 team is a win in this situation.

8-8 teams with better strength of schedules than the Colts:

Broncos - toughest schedule in the NFL.

Minnesota (Traded to Eagles) - 25th toughest schedule going into today. The Vikings fans have to be extremely ticked off by this. We dusted them and we get the better draft pick? Something is wrong with these rules. The NFL should probably use head to head before going to strength of schedule for a tiebreaker. 

Not 100 percent convinced yet:

Baltimore - 18th best strength of schedule going into today. We played Jags while they played Cincinnati. Very close after all the other games are finished. We could edge this out by one opponent victory/loss. The site could still be correct on this, but it is razor thin either way.

My prediction is that we will be picking either 15th or 16th.

2 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Doing some simple math; I believe the site is correct. 

Tiebreakers are broken by strength of schedule. The Colts had the 20th best strength of schedule going into today; however, playing the Jaguars dropped that quite a bit. Just playing a 3-13 team is a win in this situation.

8-8 teams with better strength of schedules than the Colts:

Broncos - toughest schedule in the NFL.

Minnesota (Traded to Eagles) - 25th toughest schedule going into today. The Vikings fans have to be extremely ticked off by this. We dusted them and we get the better draft pick? Something is wrong with these rules. The NFL should probably use head to head before going to strength of schedule for a tiebreaker. 

Not 100 percent convinced yet:

Baltimore - 18th best strength of schedule going into today. We played Jags while they played Cincinnati. Very close after all the other games are finished. We could edge this out by one opponent victory. The site could still be correct on this, but it is razor thin either way.

My prediction is that we will be picking either 15th or 16th.

Looks like it's 15th. Detroit and GB will have no impact on our spot in the final game.