Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Derek Carr suffers broken leg

Hi-Tek

Man that is too Bad. I actually have to root for the Steelers in the AFC and I hate them but anybody other than the Pats. I did pick the Packers to win the SB so go Aaron in the NFC! By the way the Seahawks lost today at home to Arizona, they are very beatable. IMO the Cowboys are beatable as well because a Rookie QB has never won the SB.

That's pretty saddening, both MM and Carr going down.  Both teams with playoff aspirations.  With them a speedy recovery, the Raiders and Titans will be back next year.  They still have a solid opportunity to rise up to the occasional for their fallen leaders and see what they can do.

34 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Man that is too Bad. I actually have to root for the Steelers in the AFC and I hate them but anybody other than the Pats. I did pick the Packers to win the SB so go Aaron in the NFC! By the way the Seahawks lost today at home to Arizona, they are very beatable. IMO the Cowboys are beatable as well because a Rookie QB has never won the SB.

I feel sorry for the raiders that is so deflating to lose your QB when your in the postseason.

2 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

I feel sorry for the raiders that is so deflating to lose your QB when your in the postseason.

Yeah that sucks! I think the Steelers have the only chance of beating the Pats in the AFC. Steelers have a proven SB winner in Ben + have a big3 in Ben, Bell, and Brown - they can hang with the Pats. I don't trust KC at all, Reid and Smith are a couple of chokes, Raiders are done without Carr. The other teams are just not that good in Houston or Tennessee or Miami to beat a team like the Pats in the Playoffs IMO. 

tough day for the NFL..

There's teams I want to see win and lose from week to week but to have 3 QBs now out for the year in the AFC...and those teams crippled....Houston using the backup by choice...

..........Denver's using a guy who might as well be a rookie...

..and Andrew Luck and Phillip Rivers (and probably Joe Flacco) aren't in the post-season

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

tough day for the NFL..

There's teams I want to see win and lose from week to week but to have 3 QBs now out for the year in the AFC...and those teams crippled....Houston using the backup by choice...

..........Denver's using a guy who might as well be a rookie...

..and Andrew Luck and Phillip Rivers (and probably Joe Flacco) aren't in the post-season

Oakland had a good shot of at least getting to the AFC Title Game with Carr which wouldve been a nice thing to have on his resume. When Andrew made it that far that was a solid accomplishment and although not a SB appearance or SB win still something to hang your hat on. Having said that without Carr that team is one and done now IMO.

On 12/24/2016 at 8:11 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Same here, pulling for the Steelers/Packers now. Pack should get into the playoffs and they seem to have shaken off the slump. 

Steelers are maybe and probably the only AFC team who has the potential to upset NE and put up the points needed. (I was hoping for the Chiefs but they are all defense usually)

And in the NFC we both had the Packers and sometimes this is the only NFC team I think we could trust vs. NE. Rodgers indoors in Houston could light it up.

Really a bummer about Carr too, this was worse then the Colts losing since I expected to lose. Hated to see this happen since I was really hoping the Raiders could become the miracle feel good story of 2016 and win the conference. Very horrible thing to happen.

Really horrible thing to happen to such a great young QB. Same with Mariota too, hated to see that with him as well.

On December 24, 2016 at 10:32 PM, Coltsman1788 said:

Tough break.  :peek:

I see what you did there C-1788. Maybe Joe Theisman & Derek Carr can become pen pals now & exchange stories about their unfulfilled seasons as a method of emotional healing etc. etc. 

Hang in there man. Several NFL fans are pulling for a swift recovery on your behalf Carr. 

As soon as I saw him coming off the field without putting any weight on his right leg, I knew Oakland's shot at the SB just ended.

Too bad too because Oakland suffered through a lot of terrible seasons to get to this point.  They finally get it all together, have a good team and this happens right before the playoffs.  

19 hours ago, southwest1 said:

I see what you did there C-1788. Maybe Joe Theisman & Derek Carr can become pen pals now & exchange stories about their unfulfilled seasons as a method of emotional healing etc. etc. 

Hang in there man. Several NFL fans are pulling for a swift recovery on your behalf Carr. 

Yeah one thing that weirded me out about the injury was that it seemed like he would've messed his ankle up and not his leg, in the end it turned out to be his leg.  He planted his ankle and spun around, good that nothing severe happened to his ankle also.

On 12/24/2016 at 10:21 PM, QwizBoy said:

Damn. The Raiders finally get to the playoffs and this happens. This is why teams rest starters...

They had no business still throwing the ball when they were up 33-14 in the 4th quarter. Game was over at that point, no way they were going to lose. 

They should've been running it, or taken him out of the game. I hope Del Rio learns his lesson from this. You never know when a bad injury is going to occur. 

Talk about a franchise that is jinxed. They have their best season and only Very Good season since 2002 and then lose Carr. Raiders fans are worldwide and passionate, some of you think we have it bad lately but they haven't won a SB since 1983 when they Marcus Allen and Howie Long! At least we have won a SB over the last decade.

2 hours ago, Synthetic said:

They had no business still throwing the ball when they were up 33-14 in the 4th quarter. Game was over at that point, no way they were going to lose. 

They should've been running it, or taken him out of the game. I hope Del Rio learns his lesson from this. You never know when a bad injury is going to occur. 

That's true. I'm sure that it stings even more when they think about it that way. There was no need to have Carr out there still, running up the score. It has probably cost them a trip to the Super Bowl. 

On December 27, 2016 at 5:49 PM, Malakai432 said:

Yeah one thing that weirded me out about the injury was that it seemed like he would've messed his ankle up and not his leg, in the end it turned out to be his leg.  He planted his ankle and spun around, good that nothing severe happened to his ankle also.

Yep, watching Carr during that play looked meaningless. I didn't think anything of it initially & then, when Derek rolled over in pain, I was like oh no this doesn't look good man. Crap. 

I know right? The hits & tackles that feel like harsh collisions are no problem & then, a minor play on the surface, derails the Black Hole's entire yr when it counts the most. Ouch.