Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wild card scenario

coltsorioles

3 minutes ago, coltsleafs said:

It's weird I see there more chance of that happening then us getting the division lol I just like that there still a chance lol 

But if we beat Oak then the pats will rest their starters against the dolphins since they will lock up the number 1 seed

8 minutes ago, krunk said:

I could see 2 of those teams losing their last two.  Can't say I feel confident about the Ravens losing their last two.

Ravens have both games on the road, at Pitt and at Cinci, I can see that happening. Broncos are fighting for their playoff lives and will have Raiders at home in the final game, I can see them going 1-1 or 0-2.

Dolphins are at Bills and home to Pats, to me the least likely to lose both is the Dolphins. Even if the Pats do not sit their starters for the entire game, they may do so for half a game if we beat the Raiders. It would be a case of "what goes around comes around" for the Colts depending on a top seed not resting their starters. 

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Ravens have both games on the road, at Pitt and at Cinci, I can see that happening. Broncos are fighting for their playoff lives and will have Raiders at home in the final game, I can see them going 1-1 or 0-2.

Dolphins are at Bills and home to Pats, to me the least likely to lose both is the Dolphins. Even if the Pats do not sit their starters for the entire game, they may do so for half a game if we beat the Raiders. It would be a case of "what goes around comes around" for the Colts depending on a top seed not resting their starters. 

I think the Ravens will lose 1-2.  I don't think the Dolphins will beat the Bills or Pats.

10 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Isn't Ryan Tannehill out for the season though? 

9 minutes ago, coltsleafs said:

I hope the Titans get the division I just looked and the Texans have the least amount of TD in the league beside LA just a huge waste of a playoff spot.

Me too. If it is not the Colts, I'd rather the Titans win it. They are built better for a playoff run, IMO.

2 hours ago, coltsleafs said:

if you have miami and ravens and broncos lose last two games and colts win both colts get the six seed. Give it a shot. http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

I'm here to ask if this is right?

Basically,  the Bengals need to win their last two (Ravens, Texans). The Ravens need to lose their last two (Steelers, Bengals) as do the Dolphins (Bills, Pats). What I don't understand is that it's got the Colts (who need to win out, I didn't need to type that, did I?) going in as a 9-7 wild card over the Texans at 9-7 (if it comes to that, which doesn't have to happen, they could lose to the Titans also and be 8-8).

Anyway, if the ESPN thing isn't boogerd up, the Wild Card is still on the table. I didn't think it was.

Yes, wild card is also on the table. 

The must games for Colts to gain wild card:

Week 16

Saturday

1:00pm Bills over Dophins

4:00pm  Colts over Raiders

Sunday

4:30pm Steelers over Ravens

8:30pm Chiefs over Broncos

Week 17

Colts over Jaguars

Bengals over Ravens

Patriots over Dolphins

Raiders over Broncos

Also, if Titans and Texans both win week 16, then in week 17 the Colts would also need the Texans to beat the Titans, giving Texans division title.

Basically, in addition to winning their last 2 games, the Colts need 7 other games to break their way to make the wild card. They "only" need 3 to break their way to win the division. 

The Titans aren't going to lose a coachless, reeling Jacksonville team though.  If the Titans win that game we lose the division no matter who wins between Titans and Texans week 17.  For all practical purposes the division is off the table.  The wild card is basically off the table too, but the division title is already on the floor whereas a wild card is still on its way to the floor.

Jax has a small chance if they can stop that running game.  They've got the DBs to deal with Tennessee.  Their D has gotten better since that game.  They've got a pretty solid defense.  It's Bortles who you can't trust.  Plus I think TJ Yeldon is the guy they aught to be running more than that damn Chris Ivory.  I like Yeldon, he always gives us problems.   They could take some heat off Bortles if they can get some thing going with Yeldon.   Just can't bring myself to trust Jax though.

46 minutes ago, krunk said:

Jax has a small chance if they can stop that running game.  They've got the DBs to deal with Tennessee.  Their D has gotten better since that game.  They've got a pretty solid defense.  It's Bortles who you can't trust.  Plus I think TJ Yeldon is the guy they aught to be running more than that damn Chris Ivory.  I like Yeldon, he always gives us problems.   They could take some heat off Bortles if they can get some thing going with Yeldon.   Just can't bring myself to trust Jax though.

They had the Texans till the very end.  They're at home and so far have shown no signs of quitting.  Marone is a pretty good coach.  I think it's very possible they can win.

Jags have lost 9 in a row.

They're not beating anyone.

Our chance was the Tex game. That garbage Jags squad is thinking about where to vacation in a couple weeks right now. They're not worried about pride or winning.

I wish, but it's essentially like relying on Cleveland to help you right now. I wouldn't bet anything over a couple pennies on it.

Sadly, as I watch this Texans game, and knowing Mariota is likely done, someone from this division HAS to make the playoffs.  Too bad they couldn't forfeit their playoff spot and whomever matches up with whomever wins this sorry division will essentially get a first round "bye".  Pathetic.

3 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

Sadly, as I watch this Texans game, and knowing Mariota is likely done, someone from this division HAS to make the playoffs.  Too bad they couldn't forfeit their playoff spot and whomever matches up with whomever wins this sorry division will essentially get a first round "bye".  Pathetic.

Agreed. I wrote something similar in another thread. The AFC playoffs are pathetic this season. 

Obviously anything can happen, but who really looks like they'll give NE a fight for the conference crown?

The South....pffft

24 minutes ago, IinD said:

Agreed. I wrote something similar in another thread. The AFC playoffs are pathetic this season. 

Obviously anything can happen, but who really looks like they'll give NE a fight for the conference crown?

The South....pffft

The wildcard from the AFC North??? If It comes down to Dolphins vs Ravens for the #6 spot, Ravens beat them 38-6 recently 

If it comes down to Dolphins vs Steelers for the #6 spot, Dolphins have the head to head.

As long as the Dolphins are not the #6 seed and the Ravens are, there's a good chance the Ravens go on the road to play the Patriots and give them a decent fight.

However, I think will be

Patriots

AFC West winner

Steelers

Texans

AFC West #2

Dolphins