Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Our secret weapon

WoolMagnet

5 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

Squirrel on field!

*Flag on Colts*

12 Men on Field.

I am surprised we didn't flagged for that LOL. Every week we get gipped by the REFS like the Tennessee game which was beyond BAD and yesterday we recover a clear fumble and they still give the ball to GB = atrocious. Luckily we still won those 2 games. Against KC the REFS wiped out a TD that would've made the score 27-21 and a Yard 40 Yard pass to TY at the beginning which would've set the tone for the game, we didn't win that one.

8 hours ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

Squirrel was our secret weapon. Case closed.

Since the Colts have the "worst roster in the league" (according to Jimmy Johnson yesterday) And Grigson has been a failure for the last "six" years ( he knows the team well,doesn't he?), and of course, as many fans know,Pagano is in way over his head, the only logical explanation is the lucky squirrel!

1 minute ago, egg said:

Since the Colts have the "worst roster in the league" (according to Jimmy Johnson yesterday) And Grigson has been a failure for the last "six" years ( he knows the team well,doesn't he?), and of course, as many fans know,Pagano is in way over his head, the only logical explanation is the lucky squirrel!

As great as we played the first three quarters, it came close to falling apart in the 4th and I was sweating bullets. Luck saved the day with the passes to Doyle and Hilton at the end of the game. Without those, Rodgers could have drove down in 3 minutes and won with a td. The win makes me happy, but my stance on Pagano remains the same. Grigson I still like.

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

As great as we played the first three quarters, it came close to falling apart in the 4th and I was sweating bullets. Luck saved the day with the passes to Doyle and Hilton at the end of the game. Without those, Rodgers could have drove down in 3 minutes and won with a td. The win makes me happy, but my stance on Pagano remains the same. Grigson I still like.

The Colt defense was on the field almost the entire 3rd quarter. I did not see poor coaching in the last 10 minutes of the game, I saw an exhausted Colt defense playing against a great quarter back. 

15 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Luck saved the day

This is a myth I tire of hearing. Luck threw two INTs in the first half. After the first one, the Colt defense bailed him out and the Packers did not score, on the second INT, the Packers scored a TD. I love Andrew Luck, but the truth is, especially in the first half of games, he costs the team points. Too often, Luck himself digs the hole that team has to crawl out of.

3 minutes ago, egg said:

The Colt defense was on the field almost the entire 3rd quarter. I did not see poor coaching in the last 10 minutes of the game, I saw an exhausted Colt defense playing against a great quarter back. 

I was getting ready to go back to my parents house to eat dinner and watch the Broncos game with them, but it seemed like the Colts started to get complacent and take their foot off the gas in the 4th. You are correct the defense was in for most of the 3rd quarter, but that was almost a total meltdown, and if Luck doesn't convert 2 key 1st downs, we could of lost that game at the very end. It was poor clock management, IMO, and playing not to lose instead of playing to win. They scored a couple times vs an exhausted def of ours, but our refreshed offense played very conservative, and that's on Pagano. Almost cost us a great game.

Rodgers’ backup last season, Tolzien studied coach Mike McCarthy’s offense as though it was his own while with the Packers, so during the week he imparted as much knowledge about it and the way Rodgers goes about business to his Colts teammates.

Tolzien played Rodgers in practice and he showed the defense all of his tendencies.

“Everything from the cadence, to the scramble plays, to the check calls, to the code words they used,” Robinson said. “He definitely helped us out a lot and it showed, I think.”

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am surprised we didn't flagged for that LOL. Every week we get gipped by the REFS like the Tennessee game which was beyond BAD and yesterday we recover a clear fumble and they still give the ball to GB = atrocious. Luckily we still won those 2 games. Against KC the REFS wiped out a TD that would've made the score 27-21 and a Yard 40 Yard pass to TY at the beginning which would've set the tone for the game, we didn't win that one.

To be completely fair and transparent. That td you mention would not have happened unless he held his man. That was a way obvious hold, so it's not like the refs screwed us there of called a hold on the opposite side that had nothing to do with the play...

Luck would have gotten smashed

10 hours ago, snkdy said:

Rodgers’ backup last season, Tolzien studied coach Mike McCarthy’s offense as though it was his own while with the Packers, so during the week he imparted as much knowledge about it and the way Rodgers goes about business to his Colts teammates.

Tolzien played Rodgers in practice and he showed the defense all of his tendencies.

“Everything from the cadence, to the scramble plays, to the check calls, to the code words they used,” Robinson said. “He definitely helped us out a lot and it showed, I think.”

If they can't get all of this from tape, minus the qb calls perhaps, then we better sign someone from every team so we can win the rest of these games now.

10 hours ago, egg said:

This is a myth I tire of hearing. Luck threw two INTs in the first half. After the first one, the Colt defense bailed him out and the Packers did not score, on the second INT, the Packers scored a TD. I love Andrew Luck, but the truth is, especially in the first half of games, he costs the team points. Too often, Luck himself digs the hole that team has to crawl out of.

lol, are you saying that Luck is just an average QB or a bad one? Without Luck on this team, we would not have gotten this far. He makes some throws that makes you wonder at times but so has every QB in their time. For the amount of pressure, hits and sacks he takes, I don't think there is any over rating here at all.

21 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

So apparently the MVP of the game is Scott Tolzien, according to those in Green Bay.

i guess we'd be 9-0 if he actually played!

Wait, the premise of your thread title "our secret weapon" suggests that you provide an answer & we, in return, confirm or deny your hypothesis. 

No, Mr. Tolzien was not our secret weapon. I'm gonna go with Luck arm & getting that critical 1st down on 3rd down to bleed out the clock & keep Discount Double Check on the sidelines. It's not sexy; but it closed the game out & gave us hope. 

Yes, I know you were joking about Scott WM. I won't hold that against you literally. 

13 hours ago, egg said:

For yesterday, I would agree with you.  He helped create the problem.  But not the majority of this season.  I think he was in a hole for most of these games because the defense was flipping awful.

16 hours ago, egg said:

So luck was the reason Rodgers waltzed down the field and scored 14 points in 3 minutes? Luck WAS the reason he didn't get a chance to do it a 3rd time.

I'll take the myth thank you

16 hours ago, egg said:

Too often Luck is the one dragging the team out of said hole, self dug or not. 

13 hours ago, Jdubu said:

lol, are you saying that Luck is just an average QB or a bad one? Without Luck on this team, we would not have gotten this far. He makes some throws that makes you wonder at times but so has every QB in their time. For the amount of pressure, hits and sacks he takes, I don't think there is any over rating here at all.

I said "I love Andrew Luck" Did I say he was "average" or "bad"? I think Luck is a very good QB. But he is slow coming out of the gate. He has a history of turning the ball over in critical situations. He has a 1st quarter passer rating (this year) of 55.

7 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

Too often Luck is the one dragging the team out of said hole, self dug or not. 

Nobody else gets credit? Does he block for himself, then catch the ball from himself?Does he hand the ball off to himself? Does he boom 65 yard punts? Does he kick a million field goals? The Colts are not a one man show.

7 hours ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

So luck was the reason Rodgers waltzed down the field and scored 14 points in 3 minutes? Luck WAS the reason he didn't get a chance to do it a 3rd time.

I'll take the myth thank you

Have you ever seen Aaron Rodgers play before? Have you ever seen defenses go into prevent mode at the end of games before and quickly give up a couple of scores? Doesn't it happen every Sunday of every season? Did Andrew Luck run the opening kickoff 99 yds for seven points? Did Andrew luck rush for 2 TDs? Did Andrew Luck block for Frank Gore on those rushing touchdowns? Did Andrew Luck kick any field goals? I love Andrew Luck because he is (stating the obvious) a very good quarterback. BTW, your myth has 1st quarter passing rate of 55.

On 11/8/2016 at 11:04 AM, egg said:

I said "I love Andrew Luck" Did I say he was "average" or "bad"? I think Luck is a very good QB. But he is slow coming out of the gate. He has a history of turning the ball over in critical situations. He has a 1st quarter passer rating (this year) of 55.

Luck is still hit more and sacked more and has receivers that drop so many balls and poor game plans and you think he is still over rated? Luck has flaws no doubt but almost has to press to overcome a mediocre run game and greased hand receivers and a coordinator that still demands 20+yard patterns. His defense can't hold anything for him so yeah, I think he feels he has to do way more than he should have to do. 

51 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

Luck is still hit more and sacked more and has receivers that drop so many balls and poor game plans and you think he is still over rated? Luck has flaws no doubt but almost has to press to overcome a mediocre run game and greased hand receivers and a coordinator that still demands 20+yard patterns. His defense can't hold anything for him so yeah, I think he feels he has to do way more than he should have to do. 

Again, I never said he was overrated. You say, "Luck has flaws, no doubt". I guess we'll just have to agree to agree.