Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What do you do now?

bap1331

Just now, tfunky14 said:

You want your team to lose? 

Why are you even a fan then?

A real fan does not want their team to lose ever period.

what we call this is a "fair weather fan"

1. I just told you.....so Chuck and the Fatman can be fired.

2. I like the Colts

3. You are wrong, period.

so you wanted the colts to win those last couple of games in 2011 so the colts could miss out on drafting Luck?  Riiiiight.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, #12. said:

Yes, but that is 2015 and the past.  I can only comment on what I'm seeing in 2016.  Had Luck not completed the two 4th quarter bombs to TY and the Colts were 0-5, I would say, yes, that's about what they look like.  They look like an 0-5 team.  So far in 2016, the difference between the Colts and Browns, even with Luck, appears marginal. 

The Colts are losing close games.

The Browns are not.      They're getting spanked.

The difference between the Browns and Colts is big, and not small.

We are NOT becoming the Cleveland Browns.       That doesn't mean we're good, or where we need to be..........   only to the point that we look like Cleveland.

No,  we don't.      We really don't.

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The Colts are losing close games.

The Browns are not.      They're getting spanked.

The difference between the Browns and Colts is big, and not small.

We are NOT becoming the Cleveland Browns.       That doesn't mean we're good, or where we need to be..........   only to the point that we look like Cleveland.

No,  we don't.      We really don't.

IDK if the Colts are the Browns or not, that can be debated because they don't play each other this year.  But my sights are set a little bit higher.

Just now, krunk said:

I just wish there was something we could do this year to improve this pass rush. That would cure a lot of problems.

Yeah we are essentially screwed without much hope. Mathis is winding down (can't blame him, he's been a stud for 10+) and we essentially have an edge setting LB as our leading pass rusher. We need an overhaul at ILB and OLB, nothing we can do this year.

And can we stop with the Safety blitz that has the Safety running at full speed towards the line that is never disguised. 10 out of 10 times they're neutralized.

I get they're trying, but that one is useless.

26 minutes ago, BOTT said:

1. I just told you.....so Chuck and the Fatman can be fired.

2. I like the Colts

3. You are wrong, period.

so you wanted the colts to win those last couple of games in 2011 so the colts could miss out on drafting Luck?  Riiiiight.

2. No you don't 

3. No, I'm right. 

2011 is like comparing apples to oranges, two different scenarios 

anything else?

1 hour ago, tfunky14 said:

You want your team to lose? 

Why are you even a fan then?

A real fan does not want their team to lose ever period.

what we call this is a "fair weather fan"

Your inability to see the big picture is astonishing ... your idea that a "real fan" never wants their team to lose is myopic.  Other than the benefits myself and others have mentioned to losing ... what about a scenario where because how things unfolded a Colts loss would give them a more favorable match up in the playoffs, or we are at the end of a season and losing the last game guaranteed us a Watt, Von Miller, caliber of player for our defense ... you would really rather have that one meaningless win???  

29 minutes ago, tfunky14 said:

2. No you don't 

3. No, I'm right. 

anything else?

3. No you are wrong.

The scenario doesn't matter according to your own words .... " A real fan does not want their team to lose ever period" ... so now you are saying there are some scenarios where a "real fan" can want their team to lose ... which is it??

I am torn. As a diehard Colts fan, I'm very happy for the win but I'm still uneasy concerning this team mainly because of our coaching staff.  Here's what I mean. It took them years to realize that we need to implement a more uptempo offense. Took the media to get our coaches to try it. I've been saying it on this forum for weeks but for years off the forum as I'm sure others have as well.  Still they get a point for finally doing it but they still haven't made other necessary adjustments.  Gore is no longer the young back he used to be. He loses effectiveness as the game goes along. I was in D.C. & Philly today and had to listen to the game on my smartphone and couldn't watch it, so I may be off based, but why in the hell did Turbin/Todman not get a single carry?  Why in the hell are they still using Ferguson?  From what I heard, he didn't do crap. Yet it sounded like our Oline was creating some nice creases for Frank early in the game. Why not get our other big backs with more burst some of those carries?  It's like they're afraid if one of our other backs break a long run like Howard did there may be a RB controversy and they don't want that.... so they settle for mediocrity with their dumb game plans. But now that we "barely" won a game with no Turbin or Todman, these fools will think they found the answer and stick with just Gore and Ferguson....

I truly believe that if we adopted a running back by committee with Gore, Turbin, and/or Todman we would have put the bears away and coasted to an easy victory. If Gore is averaging 5 yards a run (think it was much more) early, why not stick with it by running our other backs?  You can't give Gore the 30 carries he'll need to get 100 but I bet 25 carries between a committee would put us well over 100 more often than not. Our Oline is young. Of course it's gonna be harder for us to pass block as they learn. But they sure seem to be blocking for the run pretty well early in games. Stick with it with our other backs and watch our offense become more dominant. I wish I could be Pagano just for 1 game to test out my theory.  I may be wrong but I think it will work. Now I fear we'll continue to remain mediocre which will probably win us the mediocre AFC South but never the big prize and I hate that because Luck and TY and the entire team really , as well as this city, and us the fans deserve better.  I'm gonna sit down and watch the game on DVR now. So I may be off based and our coaches actually did a great job. If so, I will come back and give them their due.   But from what I heard, Ferguson remained ineffective and   Our other backs never saw the field. They didn't even let Turbin come in and poach the short TD before the end of the half.  Had to settle for a field goal...

1 hour ago, tfunky14 said:

2. No you don't 

3. No, I'm right. 

anything else?

** "a real fan does not want his team lose ever period"

**exceptions made when tfunky feels like it

I would have not been too upset with a loss if it meant changes coming, and i think it probably would have.  A win, even though it was as ugly as they get, at least bough this regime more time. Still think in the end though changes will come. I look for the Colts to get blasted next week and probably finish last in this division.  This team is bad and a close win over the mighty Bears doesn't change that fact.

2 minutes ago, indy1888 said:

I would have not been too upset with a loss if it meant changes coming, and i think it probably would have.  A win, even though it was as ugly as they get, at least bough this regime more time. Still think in the end though changes will come. I look for the Colts to get blasted next week and probably finish last in this division.  This team is bad and a close win over the mighty Bears doesn't change that fact.

Colts aren't good, but the Texans are a fraud.

4 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Ok genius please do tell how the path we are on right now is a good thing?? And none of us said we will be the Browns overnight it's a possibility with the 2 jack * running our team I to the turf. But yeah I'm always wrong coming from someone who thinks struggling to make it to 500 is a good out look for our team. Sorry I get your new and not used to winning like the rest of us have with our franchise squeaking into the playoffs to you seems like a great accomplishment.

I guess you also can't tell how much of a * you have become over the years 

Nope.

I'm just going to let you go on thinking we're becoming the Browns.     I won't waste my time explaining to you why and how 2 + 2 = 4.

If it's not obvious to you,  then I'm wasting our time.

I'm not happy with where the team is.....      if you had simply said we could miss the playoffs,  I'd have been fine. Or,  if you had said we might get a top-10 pick in the draft,  I'd have been fine.      Or even,  if the season goes really bad we might end up with a top-5 pick,  I could've lived with that.

But no.....     you,  who likes to erupt with gloom and doom pronouncements no matter how silly they are without the slightest bit of thinking....    you decided we're going to become the Browns.

So....   Just as Bap1331 gets teased for Harambi and wondering if we should still win and keep Grigson and Pagano,   you get to be the guy who thinks we're heading toward the Browns level of play.

That's on you.      You own it.     Congratulations.      And best of all,  you proclaimed it on a day in which we actually won.

What a guy!         :thmup:

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Nope.

I'm just going to let you go on thinking we're becoming the Browns.     I won't waste my time explaining to you why and how 2 + 2 = 4.

If it's not obvious to you,  then I'm wasting our time.

I'm not happy with where the team is.....      if you had simply said we could miss the playoffs,  I'd have been fine. Or,  if you had said we might get a top-10 pick in the draft,  I'd have been fine.      Or even,  if the season goes really bad we might end up with a top-5 pick,  I could've lived with that.

But no.....     you,  who likes to erupt with gloom and doom pronouncements no matter how silly they are without the slightest bit of thinking....    you decided we're going to become the Browns.

So....   Just as Bap1331 gets teased for Harambi and wondering if we should still win and keep Grigson and Pagano,   you get to be the guy who thinks we're heading toward the Browns level of play.

That's on you.      You own it.     Congratulations.      And best of all,  you proclaimed it on a day in which we actually won.

What a guy!         :thmup:

You are a complete jack as s if that's what you got from my post you wanna be a tool and tell me I don't know math yet you obviously can't read way to go 

3 hours ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

I don't agree we're going to be the browns and quite frankly I didn't quote you to start an argument but I just want to know something. 

Do you really look at our team and see us getting better? We literally have nothing positive going on in terms of every linebacker spot and somehow our offensive line has gotten worse. How did that even happen lol? Hopefully they're just gelling. 

Man, even our secondary somehow looks worse. I'm excited about Green and Geathers but Corners 2-4 are just as important as the safeties IMO and Robinson looks, frankly, terrible so far .  I'm of the belief he'll be better as the season goes on somehow.  

No....   I agree.....     we don't look good....   and I can see us ending below 500 this year.    The defense is beyond terrible.      I was posting about it before the season started but few wanted to hear about it.

But,  to say we're heading towards the Browns is just silly.

You can be bad without being Cleveland-level bad.       The poster who made that claim just doesn't understand that.

3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

You are a complete jack as s if that's what you got from my post you wanna be a tool and tell me I don't know math yet you obviously can't read way to go 

Don't blame me.

YOU'RE the one who said we're going to be the Browns.      Own it.     Those are your words,  not mine.    Don't blame me.

If you just said we're going to be bad this year,   you and I wouldn't be in this silly little back and forth exchange.

But you always have to shoot first,  and then aim and think about the consequences later.      It's who you are and what you do.

Own your mistakes.     

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Don't blame me.

YOU'RE the one who said we're going to be the Browns.      Own it.     Those are your words,  not mine.    Don't blame me.

If you just said we're going to be bad this year,   you and I wouldn't be in this silly little back and forth exchange.

But you always have to shoot first,  and then aim and think about the consequences later.      It's who you are and what you do.

Own your mistakes.     

Go read it stupid I clearly said if we keep the path we are on we will be the Browns that means blowing picks year after year and sticking with incompetent coaching. but keep going on like a arrogant * like you know all and your above everyone else Mr media guy

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Go read it stupid I clearly said if we keep the path we are on we will be the Browns that means blowing picks year after year and sticking with incompetent coaching. but keep going on like a arrogant * like you know all and your above everyone else Mr media guy

Go ahead....

Keep blaming me for your mess.        That's what you do.      That's who you are.

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Ok yeah if your to stupid to read then we are done here 

We're done here?

I always love being called stupid in a post where you don't even know which "to" to write....

That would be too stupid.     Not to.

But then again,  you think I'm stupid.....   

Glad this is done.....    I was beginning to feel bad for you.....

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

We're done here?

I always love being called stupid in a post where you don't even know which "to" to write....

That would be too stupid.     Not to.

But then again,  you think I'm stupid.....   

Glad this is done.....    I was beginning to feel bad for you.....

Also love how you always correct everyones writing lol its an Internet message board we are not here to write books or legal documents but your the cool guy haha Mr holier than thou 

6 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Also love how you always correct everyones writing lol its an Internet message board we are not here to write books or legal documents but your the cool guy haha Mr holier than thou 

That would be "you're" the cool guy.....    as in you are.

Your signifies possession.       As in...    your bad post belongs to you.

As to Mr. Holier than thou......    the difference is I've made plenty of bad posts.    Way too many.

And I try to acknowledge them and,  when necessary,  even apologize for them.       In other words,   I ***OWN*** my bad stuff.       I suggest you learn how to do the same.

It's the difference between being a grown-up,  and a snotty young kid who isn't smart enough to know what he doesn't know.

Quit while you're behind.       Way,  WAY behind.......

2 hours ago, krunk said:

I just wish there was something we could do this year to improve this pass rush. That would cure a lot of problems.

Sad that our best pass rusher is Walden. 

Not that its bad for Walden. Walden is awesome. One of the few on D that isn't terrible, and he hits the QB here and there.

24 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

That would be "you're" the cool guy.....    as in you are.

Your signifies possession.       As in...    your bad post belongs to you.

As to Mr. Holier than thou......    the difference is I've made plenty of bad posts.    Way too many.

And I try to acknowledge them and,  when necessary,  even apologize for them.       In other words,   I ***OWN*** my bad stuff.       I suggest you learn how to do the same.

It's the difference between being a grown-up,  and a snotty young kid who isn't smart enough to know what he doesn't know.

Quit while you're behind.       Way,  WAY behind.......

Like I said I could care less about my writing you get the point as does everyone else I'm not wasting my time when it's easier on a phone to just put your this isn't a book and this sure as hell isn't English class but whatever makes you sleep at night now like i said please # off 

8 hours ago, esmort said:

3. No you are wrong.

The scenario doesn't matter according to your own words .... " A real fan does not want their team to lose ever period" ... so now you are saying there are some scenarios where a "real fan" can want their team to lose ... which is it??

Your still comparing apples to oranges....I'll wait a little to see if you can figure it out yet.  Let me know if you need help?

6 hours ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

This board is starting to get to be no fun. The unbridled hate for grigs and pags, boring. This is a win with no bye after London. Take it. Winning breeds winning. People claim we don't have a winning culture, you fix that by winnng. :sigh:

Were one win away from a playoff birth. 

Very true Canuck but some on here want the Colts to lose all their games to get people fired and a higher draft pick.

And they call themselves "FANS"...not in my book

1 minute ago, tfunky14 said:

Very true Canuck but some on here want the Colts to lose all their games to get people fired and a higher draft pick.

And they call themselves "FANS"...not in my book

I don't get why some people want us to tank either. So lets say we go for 4-12 and we pick 3rd or 4th in the Draft compared to going 9-7 and winning the Division and picking 21st. I will take the latter. I love to win and not be a laughing stock in the league. Picking 21st isn't the end of the world plus we all can at least say we had a winning season and a team that plays hard and isn't an embarrassment. Of course winning the SB is the #1 goal but only 1 team does that every season so even if we were a Top 10 team in the league the chances of us winning the SB would still be a small %. We cant waste anymore years in the Andrew Luck era and we need to win as much as possible so the team can build confidence with the young players they have.

15 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

Why?  More wins mean we probably keep Pagano and Grigson and this team's outlook is bleak.  More losses mean we get rid of that dead weight and we get a better draft position

Tanking is never an option...... at least not one that should be chosen.... ever.

7 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Sad that our best pass rusher is Walden. 

Not that its bad for Walden. Walden is awesome. One of the few on D that isn't terrible, and he hits the QB here and there.

Mathis needs to take a seat on the bench and get healthy if it's really health related. Honestly I think it's a mixture of health and old age.  He doesn't have any burst and he's a liability against the run as well.  Have a seat and let Ayers get those snaps as I like what I've seen from Ayers.  Ayers honestly could even be a solution for some of these linebacker coverage problems we've had in the middle if they want to use him that way in some situations.  He appears to be pretty good in coverage.