Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Suck for Luck Part II

azcolt

4 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

We need to suck for the 1st overall pick then trade back 1 or 2 spots and get 2 or 3 future1st rounders while still getting someone great 

Living down in Nashville, I saw their new GM Jon Robinson do this since they were void of talent due to past bust picks. 

If indy ends up with a top 5 pick and a top QB is there, Indy has to trade that pick for a multitude of picks. 

We didn't suck for Luck by choice.

If you watched the Colts play that year you would know this. If they had been tanking then why did Painter get benched? Why did the Colts win 2 of 3 at the end when the #1 draft spot was on the line?

The suck for Luck saying was stupid when it was said and is still stupid.

28 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Living down in Nashville, I saw their new GM Jon Robinson do this since they were void of talent due to past bust picks. 

If indy ends up with a top 5 pick and a top QB is there, Indy has to trade that pick for a multitude of picks. 

That's why I'm saying you get the 1st pick some stupid team will trade up to take Watson so say the Browns are at 3 or 2 we could trade back from one and honestly still have a shot at Myles Garret or a top LT

5 hours ago, coltsfanatic24 said:

The season is over. Offense is too inconsistent and the defense is awful. This is a 6-10 team. The best thing that could happen for this team long term is to get a top 10 pick. We need more talent on the defensive side of the ball. 

You could take any one player from any team and it would not have been enough to win us the 3 games we have lost.  So getting a high draft choice is not worth tanking.  The only time it WOULD have been worth it was when we DID it and got Luck.  But sadly the defense, which was supposed to be pretty near full strength was the worst part of the team today.  The defense plus Luck's bad 4th down play lost us the game.  Had the defense not been so terrible, we wouldn't have needed the final score.  They really haven't been able to stop anyone except a significantly depleted San Diego team which would have smoked us at anywhere near full strength.   And though I have been a Pagano supporter, he needs to get a handle on the poor defensive play or he does need to go.  The defense has regressed.   It has played poorly all year, but it had the excuse of injury earlier that it no longer has.  It has zero discipline with all the penalties and though they had one clutch stop late in the game, that had a bit more to do with Bortles choking than our D stepping up.  We still could have won, but Luck had a brain freeze on the 4th down play and didn't run for the 1st down.   If he had, we might all be saying much different things.  

Hoping to tank an entire season on the hopes of drafting a top pick is really fools gold.  Everyone (but me and I was on record as not a supporter prior to the draft) loved Clowney.. but he's not made a difference in Houston nor have the myriad of top picks Jacksonville has had year after year.   We kept letting them convert 3rd downs with passes and runs to the edge, over and over and over again.  The defensive calls were lousy.  Personnel weren't in the right place (some due to missed assignments), used poor tackling technique and simply lost their minds and committed penalty after penalty, most of them dumb.   All of that is coaching issues when it comes down to it.  Give Belichick our personnel and he wins that game easily.  Sure, they may not be championship quality talents, but they also were good enough to have won this game.  

7 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

What's the point?  I understand the Colts have a culture of doing things just OK, but that's not good enough.  It is meaningless to win your division 10 years in a row if you don't win any Super Bowls during that time.  Good teams are judged by winning Super Bowls.  We aren't a Super Bowl contender, so I don't see the point in trying to win the division.  Win the division so you get a worse draft pick, then get blown out in the first round by a good team.  That way, you'll not only have a worse draft slot, but you won't have come anywhere close to winning the Super Bowl

Suck it up.jpg

They're definitely not in tank mode, but they won't have much trouble losing this season. 

I only pray they don't break Andrew Luck, not physically per se, just where he becomes shell shocked and his entire game regresses because of it.

9 hours ago, CF4L said:

Unless Houston runs away with it we are still in it until then. But do I think this team is going anywhere beyond that? No

I don't even want to sniff the playoffs this year. We need Pagano and Grigson gone and a top 10 pick. 

I knew this team was going to have a bad couple of years. I was hoping they would be in years 1 and 2 instead of years 4 and 5. 

1 minute ago, deedub75 said:

I don't even want to sniff the playoffs this year. We need Pagano and Grigson gone and a top 10 pick. 

I knew this team was going to have a bad couple of years. I was hoping they would be in years 1 and 2 instead of years 4 and 5. 

Problem is even if we go 6-10 I bet Irsay doesn't fire either.

5 hours ago, JPFolks said:

You could take any one player from any team and it would not have been enough to win us the 3 games we have lost.  So getting a high draft choice is not worth tanking.  The only time it WOULD have been worth it was when we DID it and got Luck.  But sadly the defense, which was supposed to be pretty near full strength was the worst part of the team today.  The defense plus Luck's bad 4th down play lost us the game.  Had the defense not been so terrible, we wouldn't have needed the final score.  They really haven't been able to stop anyone except a significantly depleted San Diego team which would have smoked us at anywhere near full strength.   And though I have been a Pagano supporter, he needs to get a handle on the poor defensive play or he does need to go.  The defense has regressed.   It has played poorly all year, but it had the excuse of injury earlier that it no longer has.  It has zero discipline with all the penalties and though they had one clutch stop late in the game, that had a bit more to do with Bortles choking than our D stepping up.  We still could have won, but Luck had a brain freeze on the 4th down play and didn't run for the 1st down.   If he had, we might all be saying much different things.  

Hoping to tank an entire season on the hopes of drafting a top pick is really fools gold.  Everyone (but me and I was on record as not a supporter prior to the draft) loved Clowney.. but he's not made a difference in Houston nor have the myriad of top picks Jacksonville has had year after year.   We kept letting them convert 3rd downs with passes and runs to the edge, over and over and over again.  The defensive calls were lousy.  Personnel weren't in the right place (some due to missed assignments), used poor tackling technique and simply lost their minds and committed penalty after penalty, most of them dumb.   All of that is coaching issues when it comes down to it.  Give Belichick our personnel and he wins that game easily.  Sure, they may not be championship quality talents, but they also were good enough to have won this game.  

I agree good post

10 hours ago, coltsfanatic24 said:

The WR's and TE's are good enough. They are getting separation but Luck is locking on to Hilton far too often. Doyle and Rogers were open a few times today but Luck just isn't looking for them. He's trying too much to get Hilton the ball and the other WR's and TE's aren't getting enough targets. 

Probably because TY is the only one who actually can catch the ball

14 hours ago, JPFolks said:

Don't worry about tanking. You need to come to trips that at best this is a 4 win team. Hell I think Chicago may beat them this week.

21 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

What's the point?  I understand the Colts have a culture of doing things just OK, but that's not good enough.  It is meaningless to win your division 10 years in a row if you don't win any Super Bowls during that time.  Good teams are judged by winning Super Bowls.  We aren't a Super Bowl contender, so I don't see the point in trying to win the division.  Win the division so you get a worse draft pick, then get blown out in the first round by a good team.  That way, you'll not only have a worse draft slot, but you won't have come anywhere close to winning the Super Bowl

So basically you're saying to rig your own games to lose. But the NFL would never do that! You're a funny guy. 

The season isn't over. The team might be bad or it might be okay-ish. If it's okay-ish and Luck plays lights out, then it's basically as it's been in the past. Not good enough to win it all, but good enough to bounced in the wild card round.. OR win it. 

The one thing I've noticed that no one is talking about, while declaring this squad excrement is that they've been in the position to win all 4 games in the 4th quarter late. 

22 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

We're not in tank mode, though we should be.  Trade DQ, Gore, Walden, Adams, and anyone else over the age of 31.  Try to get late round picks in return.  This team is completely devoid of talent in many areas and we desperately need an infusion of young talent.  However, I don't trust Grigson to have the competence to be able to bring young talent to this team, nor to I trust Pagano and his staff to be able to coach that talent.  The season is lost.  Throw in the towel

Would you trade Vinatieri?  If the Vikes continue to win the way they are, they will need a more reliable kicker than Blair Walsh.  I would not mind trading a pick or even one of our young D linemen (not Hunter) for a proven winner like AV.

19 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Would you trade Vinatieri?  If the Vikes continue to win the way they are, they will need a more reliable kicker than Blair Walsh.  I would not mind trading a pick or even one of our young D linemen (not Hunter) for a proven winner like AV.

Why when Robbie Gould is out there ? One of the better kickers in NFL history . Bears fans sure want him back lol

Quick fix:

Fire Grigson and Pagano.

Hire Jimmy Raye III as GM and Josh McDaniels/Todd Haley as HC (we need an offensive veteran head coach that has experience)

Draft Myles Garrett 

Sign the $40+ million of cap on the offensive line 

5 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Why when Robbie Gould is out there ? One of the better kickers in NFL history . Bears fans sure want him back lol

I forgot that the Bears cut him. If I don't have to give up anything for Gould, that makes more sense. You make a good point as usual. :) But I do like AV more. The guy is automatic. The Vikes would have won that playoff game against Seattle if we had AV.

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I forgot that the Bears cut him. If I don't have to give up anything for Gould, it makes more sense. You make a good point as usual. :) But I do like AV more. The guy is automatic. The Vikes would have won that playoff game against Seattle if we had AV.

Agreed and they would've with Gould as well , they are very comparative kickers AV just has rings lol ,a few at that. Both are good in inclimate weather as well

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

That's a tough one.  Vinny doesn't show any signs of slowing down or his age catching up to him, but it's hard to see him playing more than another year or two.  I'd love to keep him around, but I don't think the Colts have what it takes to give him a championship in the next year or two.  The brain says to trade him, the heart says not to haha