Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dream GM and Head Coach.

Dark Superman

6 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Brings back memories, dont it. How did we as fans ever survive lol.

Then Jack Trudeau and Jeff George too! How we won the Division in 1987 was a miracle but acquiring Eric Dickerson was why actually. He was the first huge name to play in Indianapolis but it still took years after that before we became big here in Indy, Harbaugh helped in 1995 but drafting Peyton made our franchise today what it is. We got lucky and had 1 bad season to be able to get Luck now as well.

3 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

I don't get this love for Harbaugh.  He's a great Xs and Os coach, but I don't think he's a good leader.  His act can get tiresome pretty quick and he becomes annoying and polarizing.  He's better suited to the college level, in my opinion.  Too big an ego for the NFL.

Peyton makes no sense for GM because he has no experience in any sort of front office role.  You don't give a rookie the leading position right away.  Maybe give him a role in scouting first, let him get more experience in the front office, then you consider it.

There is exactly 0 chance Belichick is coaching the Colts in 2017.

Well, the thread is "Dream" coach & GM. That'd be my dream. Clearly it'll never be a reality 

Agree if we have 6+wins, we probably keep both of them. But we all can dream..

GM: Mike Mayock(best known for his scouting)

HC: Matt Patricia /Jon Gruden (I been trying to get the Patricia train rolling since last season. I would however like Gruden also since he is a QB guru and can groom Luck into a mega superstar)

30 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Then Jack Trudeau and Jeff George too! How we won the Division in 1987 was a miracle but acquiring Eric Dickerson was why actually. He was the first huge name to play in Indianapolis but it still took years after that before we became big here in Indy, Harbaugh helped in 1995 but drafting Peyton made our franchise today what it is. We got lucky and had 1 bad season to be able to get Luck now as well.

Yeah Dickerson was great but that team went south quickly. As did the '95 team. I liked our D in '95.

For some reason I don't know but I don't have too much recollection of Jeff George era. I remember Bentley and a another talented rb name on tip of my tongue. I remember we couldn't get the 3 of them on field together due to injuries.

Oh, back to '87, we had a nice defense and a running game(Dickerson).

6 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

We just EXTENDED them!

But I'll play along, why not

GM: Scott McCloughan- Redskins (Spell Check) 

Coach: Bill Belichick 

I'm sure I'm gonna get banned for the coach selection but hate him all you want, the guy is a genius & a winner. I respect him, but don't like him cause of who he coaches 

This would be a dream situation. Couldn't agree more with your choices.

6 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Don't understand why just because Elway is a GM everyone just assumes Peyton would a be a good GM. There's more to being a GM than just being a good player. I can see him being a coach but that's it.

I couldn't agree more. I even think that for being a good GM you don't necessarily need to have an eye for talent but rather you definitely have to be a good manager. If you're surrounded by excellent scouts and coaches it can work pretty well.

12 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

We just EXTENDED them!

But I'll play along, why not

GM: Scott McCloughan- Redskins (Spell Check) 

Coach: Bill Belichick 

I'm sure I'm gonna get banned for the coach selection but hate him all you want, the guy is a genius & a winner. I respect him, but don't like him cause of who he coaches 

It is possible to extend a choach to relieve the pressure he would feel. Just because he was extended doesn't mean his job is safe. Doesn't mean it's in jeapordy either, but job security is a great way to see how well an employee will fair. This season will be very telling in that area, and what irsay does after will also be telling about him. 

I remember that rumor last year of us getting Sean Payton to coach.... I would love to see what he could do with all of our weapons.... I promise you Luck would break records. No more Dorsett getting 3 targets in a game.... before that deep bomb, 0 catches on 1 target.... now Payton's defense sucks so I'd give whatever GM the mandate that we build the D from here on out and bring in a top flight D Coordinator. Payton would work magic with what we already have on O.  Now I dislike Grigson for Trent & Bjorn picks, but I think he was hoping Chuck got fired last year and we brought in Payton. I'd have taken 1 year of Grigson & Payton. 

When you said dream GM/coach you should've added pipe if you think Manning is ever coming back to the Colts organization as long as Jimbo is the owner.

He has much higher aspirations than working for him again think ownership which Jimbo will never give him. Jimbo will not want to put himself in the position to ever possibly fire Manning again either.

Harbaugh is more likely with past Colts ties and the Andrew Luck connection.

8 minutes ago, CF4L said:

When you said dream GM/coach you should've added pipe if you think Manning is ever coming back to the Colts organization as long as Jimbo is the owner.

He has much higher aspirations than working for him again think ownership which Jimbo will never give him. Jimbo will not want to put himself in the position to ever possibly fire Manning again either.

Harbaugh is more likely with past Colts ties and the Andrew Luck connection.

If we were going to get Harbaugh, we should have done it when he was available. There's no way he's leaving Michigan for at least a few years.

16 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Don't understand why just because Elway is a GM everyone just assumes Peyton would a be a good GM. There's more to being a GM than just being a good player. I can see him being a coach but that's it.

You never know until you let him try why not. Now my pick is surprise GM and new coach Jim Harbaugh although I know it will never happen Irsay is an * anyway he will probably say both Pagano and Grigson are doing a great job but they are both terrible.

I don't care who it is as long as they get rid of pags. I honestly gotta say that I have not disliked any colts coach as much as I dislike pagano. Im sure he is a sweetheart but as a coach and more importantly a strategist, I just don't see it. If you put rocket parts in front of a good coach like belichick he would probably get it working or close to working, where pagano would probably set the house on fire if he's lucky Enough to open the box. He just always seems to be panicked or not knowing what's going on. Imagine they are on a battlefield. You got guys shooting at you. Who would you want leading you? I certainly wouldn't want pagano and his panicked demeanor leading me. I can't explain it. It's like he's a few seconds behind everyone else. The play is happening and he's still trying to figure out what happened two plays before that. Good coaches think 3 plays ahead. I know I'm being harsh and I don't dislike the man personally. I don't know him but, as the coach of my favorite team he cannot be fired soon enough.

27 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

You never know until you let him try why not. Now my pick is surprise GM and new coach Jim Harbaugh although I know it will never happen Irsay is an * anyway he will probably say both Pagano and Grigson are doing a great job but they are both terrible.

I think Grigson has to go next season. His roster has not gotten it done these last couple years with a great quarterback at the helm. I really like Pagano's fire and what he says in press conferences but they don't lead to results. I feel bad for Pagano though because injuries and bad rosters are going to lead to his demise.

Coach: Jim Harbaugh -  This teams reminds me of 49ers when Singletary was coach.Very uninspiring. Harbaugh comes in with basically same talent and they are very good. This team has to be more prepared and more physical. 

GM:  This is very hard because the good ones you can't get away from team and the rest are just guesses.  Maybe Duke Tobin.  I think Bill Polian is still better than most out there.