Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dream GM and Head Coach.

Dark Superman

If the Colts don't make the playoffs this year and end up having another disappointing season under Grigson and Pagano, I for one can see Irsay cutting ties with both men and heading in a new direction. (despite how well or bad the Colts do this season I am still hoping changes are made this offseason. I would love to see the Colts head in a new direction by firing both Pagano and Grigson and even though I know this will never happen, these are the two men I would love see running the Colts organization in 2017)

General Manager: Peyton Manning.

Head Coach: Jim Harbaugh

Bring Peyton Manning back to the team he's built this city around. There's not many people who love the game and want to win more than this guy. He could come in and help mentor Luck, while helping find the missing pieces to help this team win another ring. He loves the city and has a great relationship with Irsay from what I understand. This move makes too much sense but deep down I know it would never happen.

Jim Harbaugh. I love this guy's heart and fire and he's just all around one hell of a coach. He's played here. He's coached Luck and Irsay would give him free range to run the team the way he wanted. If Harbaugh and Manning came back to Indianapolis.. I believe they would bring a team that would build around Luck and give him a great chance to flourish behind a top 10 defense and an offensive line that would finally keep him off of his back and give him a running back who can produce 100 plus yards week in and week out and not once every 5 years.

So if the Colts were to be looking for a new GM and Head Coach in 2017.. who would you guys want running the show?

We just EXTENDED them!

But I'll play along, why not

GM: Scott McCloughan- Redskins (Spell Check) 

Coach: Bill Belichick 

I'm sure I'm gonna get banned for the coach selection but hate him all you want, the guy is a genius & a winner. I respect him, but don't like him cause of who he coaches 

4 minutes ago, SupermanLuck12 said:

John Elbow runs the show in Denver and looked at that team. If Peyton were ever to GM a team, I have the nothing but faith that he could make this team a heck of a lot better than what Grigson has done.

Peyton doesn't need to be in that position of power or any football position of power. He's a perfectionist & that would ruin a team cause not every player can be great 

23 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

Unfortunately, the Colts will probably stumble thru the season and do just enough to win the AFC South....therefore, the GM dummy and the HC dummy will get to keep their jobs and lead us into many more seasons of controlled mediocrity.

Yes........   because as we all know,  winning a division is easy and so mediocre.....   and can be done by dummies.

Irsay just extended both guys. I think even if we went 6-10 both will be back. Playing along though I would love the combo of Peyton and Harbaugh, both have great Football minds. Harbaugh is a proven Great HeadCoach on the College and Pro levels and Peyton is a proven high IQ Football guy. The city loves both guys as well. This will never happen but I wanted to play the fantasy along game. I don't think Harbaugh will leave Michigan for years, they are on the verge of winning a National Championship shortly, maybe within the next 2 years and Peyton seems content in retirement. I see Peyton doing something like joining the NFL Network like Reggie did.

32 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Don't understand why just because Elway is a GM everyone just assumes Peyton would a be a good GM. There's more to being a GM than just being a good player. I can see him being a coach but that's it.

Very, very true.

Elway is a hard guy and if you challenge him for bucks like Malik Jackson or Osweiler,,he'll let you walk

Peyton, to me, would err on the side of loyalty...

PlusPeyton has no experience at front office.

He's an offensive co-ordinator or a QB coach if he ever comes back to the NFL...

Dream coach: Brian Billick

Dream GM: Bill Polian

5 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Very, very true.

Elway is a hard guy and if you challenge him for bucks like Malik Jackson or Osweiler,,he'll let you walk

Peyton, to me, would err on the side of loyalty...

PlusPeyton has no experience at front office.

He's an offensive co-ordinator or a QB coach if he ever comes back to the NFL...

Dream coach: Brian Billick

Dream GM: Bill Polian

You wouldn't want Bill Polian today would you? He wasn't that good at all his last few years here and he's way too old. In his prime he was excellent with the Bills and us through the SB win but now?

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You wouldn't want Bill Polian today would you? He wasn't that good at all his last few years here and he's way too old. In his prime he was excellent with the Bills and us through the SB win but now?

I hear him on the radio a lot and he makes more sense than he did  when he was with us

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I hear him on the radio a lot and he makes more sense than he did  when he was with us

I do like Billick. If it was Bill Polian in his prime then yes, now no IMO. Tony Dungy wouldn't be a bad choice just to throw out another name. I think he has the temperament/patience and work ethic to make a lot of right choices. He would probably make a better GM than Coach actually. He was a Good Coach, not Great IMO but as GM he seems like he would know how to Draft a Defense.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I do like Billick. If it was Bill Polian in his prime then yes, now no IMO. Tony Dungy wouldn't be a bad choice just to throw out another name. I think he has the temperament/patience and work ethic to make a lot of right choices. He would probably make a better GM than Coach actually. He was a Good Coach, not Great IMO but as GM he seems like he would know how to Draft a Defense.

You know that Tony is a Hall-of-fame finalist as a coach, right?

I don't get this love for Harbaugh.  He's a great Xs and Os coach, but I don't think he's a good leader.  His act can get tiresome pretty quick and he becomes annoying and polarizing.  He's better suited to the college level, in my opinion.  Too big an ego for the NFL.

Peyton makes no sense for GM because he has no experience in any sort of front office role.  You don't give a rookie the leading position right away.  Maybe give him a role in scouting first, let him get more experience in the front office, then you consider it.

57 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

We just EXTENDED them!

But I'll play along, why not

GM: Scott McCloughan- Redskins (Spell Check) 

Coach: Bill Belichick

There is exactly 0 chance Belichick is coaching the Colts in 2017.

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

I don't get this love for Harbaugh.  He's a great Xs and Os coach, but I don't think he's a good leader.  His act can get tiresome pretty quick and he becomes annoying and polarizing.  He's better suited to the college level, in my opinion.  Too big an ego for the NFL.

Peyton makes no sense for GM because he has no experience in any sort of front office role.  You don't give a rookie the leading position right away.  Maybe give him a role in scouting first, let him get more experience in the front office, then you consider it.

There is exactly 0 chance Belichick is coaching the Colts in 2017.

or ever

7 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I can get on board with this.   I said earlier in the thread, the first step is being able to spot talent.  I think Peyton definitely has the eye,  and the smarts for scouting talent.    I think he's also got a good business head.  Who knows what he wants to do though.

1 hour ago, 21isSuperman said:

Rode Peyton's coattails.  I like the guy, but he isn't Hall of Fame worthy, in my opinion

That's why I think he was Good not Great. Not really a dis toward Dungy but Peyton ran that Offense and team basically. Dungy was still Good but does anyone really think he is one of the Top 10 Coaches of all-time or even near as Great as Belichick. So I agree with your Post. I think as a possible GM he could build a Great Defense though.

Honestly, must we put Pagano & Grigson's symbolic heads on the chopping block every week even when we win? Our o-line is improving BTW. Look, I get it. It's a public forum & speculation comes with the territory, but man this gets tedious after awhile. 

Okay fine, I will submit 2 names just because you asked me to do so. For the record, let the season play out please. 

HC: Tom Couglin. My Big Blue bias shines through again. LOL! Seriously, I love this guy though. 

GM: Eric DeCosta, assistant GM in Baltimore. Ozzie Newsome had to teach him something valuable under his wing right? 

5 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Honestly, must we put Pagano & Grigson's symbolic heads on the chopping block every week even when we win? Our o-line is improving BTW. Look, I get it. It's a public forum & speculation comes with the territory, but man this gets tedious after awhile. 

Okay fine, I will submit 2 names just because you asked me to do so. For the record, let the season play out please. 

HC: Tom Couglin. My Big Blue bias shines through again. LOL! Seriously, I love this guy though. 

GM: Eric DeCosta, assistant GM in Baltimore. Ozzie Newsome had to teach him something valuable under his wing right? 

You think it's bad now, If we lose to the Jags - LOOK OUT!

11 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

GM - Gil Brandt

HC - Bill Parcels

Even now...

Way to go off the beaten path there CBFL. When Bill was running player personnel in Miami, Ron Wolf basically saved the Tuna's bacon even though he was allowed to "shop for the groceries." 

Your GM choice is a tough one for me since I hate anything affiliated with the Cowboys, but Gil went to my alma mater UW-Madison so he must be smart right? Just kidding! 

Alright, I will admit this out loud: I did respect the fear Jimmy Johnson instilled in his players in the early 90's that resulted in rings. I can't lie. Excuse me, while I go hurl now for praising anything Dallas did well in the past. 

11 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Way to go off the beaten path there CBFL. When Bill was running player personnel in Miami, Ron Wolf basically saved the Tuna's bacon even though he was allowed to "shop for the groceries." 

Your GM choice is a tough one for me since I hate anything affiliated with the Cowboys, but Gil went to my alma mater UW-Madison so he must be smart right? Just kidding! 

OK, after Gil Brandt I had Tex Schramm ...   ooooh wait... ummm.  OK,  Jim Finks!  {whew!}. Yes, Ron Wolf is in my top lists, as is Polian, and Redskins Bobby Beathard (not so much Chargers version).

I think Gil and Bill could both still do the job today, if paid well.  ;-)

10 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

GM: Myself, I'm good in Madden.

HC: 1.Harbaugh 2.Meyer

Which Harbaugh brother are you referring to LJP? I like the confidence in your own abilities to draft players too. 

Okay, I'm assuming you mean Jim but then again, I can't read your mind either. 

Hey, did SL12 want us to build a winning HC & GM tandem? It's a lot more fun trying to create the worst duo in NFL history or at least one destined to crash & burn on purpose.

Maybe that way, INDY will appreciate what it's got right now. AKA Reverse Psychology. 

HC: Jerry Glanville

GM: Chip Kelly

When the race to the bottom is all that matters & you wanna make the Bears feel so far away from 1985 that glory will never be achieved as an organization again. 

Yes, I know Glanville coached in Atlanta & Kelly coached in Philly prior to San Fran. I only used Chicago in my example because they are the worst team in football in 2016 IMO.