Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RG3 to Injured Reserve. Shoulder.

Mr. Irrelevant

See guys things could always be worse. We could've drafted him! At least we do have a QB that is Very Good that usually always gives a chance to win and has won a lot in his 4 seasons here. We just need to fix our Defense to become an elite team again, unfortunately we cant do it until the Draft in April. I woke up today and faced reality that it is very possible we could finish something like 8-8. I am not giving up on the season but our Defense looked among the worse Defense I have ever seen. Whenever you score 35 points you should never lose. Back to RG3 - my over/under for him to get injured was 4 games, damn he couldn't even last a game! Not to be mean but he is made out of glass. His career is over.

10 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

Found it -- Twitter:

Look at how much time is left, pinned at the back of their endzone, needing two TD's. Absolutely unbelievable RGIII didn't slide. That game was OVER. He wasn't even close to the 1st down marker, either.

I think he was just running out of bounds. The defensive player was for some odd reason standing OB and made the tackle just before RG3 went OB. Just a really weird play. 

55 minutes ago, dw49 said:

I think he was just running out of bounds. The defensive player was for some odd reason standing OB and made the tackle just before RG3 went OB. Just a really weird play. 

Yeah.  Looking at it on the small screen it looks like he never saw him until it was too late.  I can't imagine he actually wanted to initiate that contact.  Not with the padding he's wearing.  Ouch!

50 minutes ago, BOTT said:

He didn't have to run right at him lol

The guy is no doubt cursed. Probably didn't expect to see a defender coming from that crazy angle. What a way to probably lose the entire year. i guess his contract was heavy to incentives besides.

2 hours ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Yeah.  Looking at it on the small screen it looks like he never saw him until it was too late.  I can't imagine he actually wanted to initiate that contact.  Not with the padding he's wearing.  Ouch!

You mean he has no vision,    many of us have said that since he was drafted.   He was good at heaving a long ball on a 50/50 route.   Other than that he is  and never has been a good qb

3 hours ago, dw49 said:

An analyst on NFL.com made a good point: There's a defender who slightly pushes RGIII from behind. I think that forward momentum threw RGIII off, which initiated the contact.

4 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

Found it -- Twitter:

Look at how much time is left, pinned at the back of their endzone, needing two TD's. Absolutely unbelievable RGIII didn't slide. That game was OVER. He wasn't even close to the 1st down marker, either.

Hmmmm, Cam Newton Griffin III, just without Cam's body.  

Not of shocked by any means but he's liked to live the dangerous life and risk his body almost as to seek out players.  What a bummer......

8 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

An analyst on NFL.com made a good point: There's a defender who slightly pushes RGIII from behind. I think that forward momentum threw RGIII off, which initiated the contact.

yeah.. no doubt a flukey play

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

You mean he has no vision,    many of us have said that since he was drafted.   He was good at heaving a long ball on a 50/50 route.   Other than that he is  and never has been a good qb

Lol, never actually thought of it that way, but thinking about it and looking at the entirety of his work...can't say I disagree with you.

57 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

Get down?  He has to see that guy coming.

This is exactly why I'm not a fan of running QBs.  It's one thing to have the capability to run occasionally and the smarts to not get hit when you do, but a QB that thinks run as a routine ends up with a shortened career.

Sad for him and the Browns.  Is he out for the year or is he the IR to return designation?

We lost Keenan Allen yesterday - I'm crushed for him.  He's such a great guy and worked so hard to return from the freak Kidney laceration last year.  Geesh.... :-(

3 minutes ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

This is exactly why I'm not a fan of running QBs.  It's one thing to have the capability to run occasionally and the smarts to not get hit when you do, but a QB that thinks run as a routine ends up with a shortened career.

Sad for him and the Browns.  Is he out for the year or is he the IR to return designation?

We lost Keenan Allen yesterday - I'm crushed for him.  He's such a great guy and worked so hard to return from the freak Kidney laceration last year.  Geesh.... :-(

He can return at week 10 at the earliest. Definitely sucks for him, but he is a bust, so I have less sympathy than someone like Keenan Allen, who is talented. Browns continue to get unlucky.

1 minute ago, gacoop1 said:

Hue and company; are second guessing themselves I'm sure.  Had a chanch for either Goff or Wentz and even Dak.....Too bad, another sad year for B's.

I doubt they take Dak. He was the 10th QB taken, and the odds were really against it, even if they drafted a QB. Goff and Wentz were the obvious ones. I had Wentz ranked higher, but I may be wrong in the long run. Browns just wasted another year most likely, as RGIII could of been decent, you know what you have with McCown, and it's below average on a horrible team.

7 hours ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

yeah it's a tough business. for every perennial all star, there are about 20 guys who work their butt off and just can't stay healthy