Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tony Romo has a broken bone in his back.

Indyfan4life

Despite how hurt he is, they still want to leave it open for week 1 I am reading.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/27/jason-garrett-doesnt-rule-out-tony-romo-for-week-one/

I know Jerry Jones probably is going to have the toughest time letting Romo go and even retire. 

I feel sorry for Romo now, please do not put him out there Cowboys.......

5 minutes ago, Jules said:

Despite how hurt he is, they still want to leave it open for week 1 I am reading.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/27/jason-garrett-doesnt-rule-out-tony-romo-for-week-one/

I know Jerry Jones probably is going to have the toughest time letting Romo go and even retire. 

I feel sorry for Romo now, please do not put him out there Cowboys.......

Well, that's just crazy.   How can we one minute read a report that says  he'll be out 6 -10 weeks, then in the next minute see that Jerry Jones isn't ruling him out for week one?     

I agree with you,   as much as I really do like watching him, and think he's one of the really fun guys to watch when he's healthy and on it.....   It may be time for him to think about retiring.

Hate to see anyone get hurt. but I mean. There's no other way to put it. Romo is a really good QB when he's healthy, but he's soft and injury prone. He cant step onto the field without getting hurt.  I cant stand players like that personally. But if Prescott's preseason is any indication of how he'll do in the regular season then the Dallas fans should just forget Romo, as they'll have a young, athletic, star QB on their hands.

Jerry Jones has always been huge on Romo and I think called him a miracle back when he first started games in this league. 

I think it's going to be very tough for the Cowboys to let Romo go here but something has to be done too since he was literally hurt on his third play in preseason coming back from all this time off from injury.

Most here always praise the Cowboys o line too, it's not enough at times. Sometimes o line talent alone can't keep someone from being snake bit. 

Tony Romo is also 36 years old now, so he is older then some think and his body is becoming beaten down.

1 hour ago, COLTS449 said:

Hate to see anyone get hurt. but I mean. There's no other way to put it. Romo is a really good QB when he's healthy, but he's soft and injury prone. He cant step onto the field without getting hurt.  I cant stand players like that personally. But if Prescott's preseason is any indication of how he'll do in the regular season then the Dallas fans should just forget Romo, as they'll have a young, athletic, star QB on their hands.

He isn't soft nor injury prone.....I think the guy once played with a punctured lung.  What his is, is a 36 yr old athlete playing a violent game.  Father Time catches up with everyone.

If he keeps going he won't be able to walk anymore. Yes you can get the best docs in the world...but if you keep injuring your back, collarbone, lower back, then its time for you to just call it quits...he has the money, just no rings.

2 minutes ago, IcEWoLF said:

If he keeps going he won't be able to walk anymore. Yes you can get the best docs in the world...but if you keep injuring your back, collarbone, lower back, then its time for you to just call it quits...he has the money, just no rings.

Nobody else would have rings given his situation.

22 minutes ago, BOTT said:

He isn't soft nor injury prone.....I think the guy once played with a punctured lung.  What his is, is a 36 yr old athlete playing a violent game.  Father Time catches up with everyone.

Yes, he has played at times that he probably shouldn't have.    I don't know if that is being tough,  or poor judgement.

I also don't think he's "soft"   but I do think he has reached the point of being injury prone.  Whether that is due to age, or due to  repeated injuries to his back and collarbone, etc.   :dunno:     But when you reach the point where you miss more games than you play, and when you start to miss games season after season ~ due to injury ~    there's a problem.

Just now, Gramz said:

Yes, he has played at times that he probably shouldn't have.    I don't know if that is tough,  or poor judgement.

I also don't think he's "soft"   but I do think he has reached the point of injury prone.  Whether that is due to age, repeated injuries to his back and collarbone, etc.   :dunno:     But when you reach the point where you miss more games than you play, and when you start to miss games season after season ~ due to injury ~    there's a problem.

I agre, now there is a problem. But that's not uncommon with NFL players closing in on retirement.....which is probably what he should do.

2 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Just retire you are made of paper dude 

More like thin glass.

I think we may have seen the end of Rome here. This many back issues and broken bones, he's done, whether that'll be done by himself or the cowboys.... remains to be seen. But this isn't good.

21 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

6-10 weeks wow! Gets injured after playing 2 plays in a pre-season game. I figured it was a bad injury just by the way he grabbed his back after he got hit. I wouldn't rush him back because that could cause him to get injured even worse. Let Dak do his thing.

What's even crazier is that he wanted to get back in after it happened on the next series. I'm sure he's feeling some pressure with dak doing so well......to an extent. 

2 hours ago, BOTT said:

..and the end comes on quickly....

I believe you said that to me about a old country boy last year......and you were right

I'm super sad and feel bad for romo he just can't catch a break (no pun intended lol!) 

But on the other hand I think Dak will be a pretty good QB from what I've seen so far he's been super solid. If he can stay healthy and his O-line healthy and Ezekiel as well I'd say the kids going to have a top 10 season for QBs through the games he will start. But like mentioned before it's possible Romo doesn't start again for the boys if Dak impresses through 6-8 weeks of starting.

im pretty sure romo will be out at least that long.

5 hours ago, Gramz said:

Well, that's just crazy.   How can we one minute read a report that says  he'll be out 6 -10 weeks, then in the next minute see that Jerry Jones isn't ruling him out for week one?     

I agree with you,   as much as I really do like watching him, and think he's one of the really fun guys to watch when he's healthy and on it.....   It may be time for him to think about retiring.

Same reason they said Vontae will miss 4-6 weeks and then vontae says he is aiming for week 1 return.

Who knows what Jones will do. But Get used to the name "Dakota Prescott". If he moves the offense and they win his games what will Jones do? Romo makes mucho money but that does Jones's ego no good. My guess is Romo will get his job back but Dakota will be wearing his helmet on the sideline. I will be watching the Cowboys games to see.

I know Prescott has played well in the preseason but I don't see Jerry going with a rookie until Romo returns.  Maybe we should call and offer up Tolzien and keep Morris as our backup.  You never know what Jerry will do.  Maybe we get a good player or pick or both.  Never hurts to make a call.

On August 27, 2016 at 5:25 PM, csmopar said:

More like thin glass.

I think we may have seen the end of Rome here. This many back issues and broken bones, he's done, whether that'll be done by himself or the cowboys.... remains to be seen. But this isn't good.

Brittle bones anyway.  Dallas needs to do a Dexa scan on Romo in order to find out his bone density is.