Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Hc To Be Named Tomorrow?

icf

Irsay had a tweet earlier this morning regarding a contest to guess the new HC.

The winner gets two tix to the SB -- nice prize....and entries have to be in by midnight tonight.

Does this mean the new coach will be announced tomorrow??

It's just an Abby's hatpick contest, you don't have to pick correct, just make a pick and he will draw a name out of the virtual hat.

Although, after reading his follow up tweet, I hope no one picks Rob Lowe.

Well in that case let me announce the new coach Pete Carmichael, Jr ....

It's just an Abby's hatpick contest, you don't have to pick correct, just make a pick and he will draw a name out of the virtual hat.

Although, after reading his follow up tweet, I hope no one picks Rob Lowe.

Maybe we should hire Abby she seems to be running things over there anyways...

Hey was listening to the radio and the host threw this out there and I think he said half as a joke half serious and the sad thing as much as I want it to be a joke I can't rule out this being what Irsay is really doing. Maybe Irsay is doing this to see who the fans want because he doesn't know who he wants to hire? Now let me be the first to say I think that is unlikely and I hope it's unlikely. I think it's far more likely this one of those surprises Irsay was talking about over the next two weeks.

Cant do it Super Bowl week....and it probably wont happen on the weekend...

It can come at any time.....

Irsay seems like the kind of 'Mr Big Bucks' who does what he wants when he wants and you cant really hold him to what he said previously

And, hopefully, that doesn't spill over to his affection for PM.

JMO.

Hey was listening to the radio and the host threw this out there and I think he said half as a joke half serious and the sad thing as much as I want it to be a joke I can't rule out this being what Irsay is really doing. Maybe Irsay is doing this to see who the fans want because he doesn't know who he wants to hire? Now let me be the first to say I think that is unlikely and I hope it's unlikely. I think it's far more likely this one of those surprises Irsay was talking about over the next two weeks.

:) Reminds me of an Office episode.

Michael Scott promised a big surprise was coming at the end of the work day.

He had nothing in mind, and spent all day trying to figure out what would satisfy that promise, since he'd over-played it so much.

At the end of the day he gave everyone an ice cream sandwich.

But, I don't want an ice cream sandwich right now.

:) Reminds me of an Office episode.

Michael Scott promised a big surprise was coming at the end of the work day.

He had nothing in mind, and spent all day trying to figure out what would satisfy that promise, since he'd over-played it so much.

At the end of the day he gave everyone an ice cream sandwich.

SO maybe at the end of the day Jim Irsay just gives us all Super Bowl Tickets!

I don't think he's doing it to find out who the fans want. To me this points to this being a completely off the wall guy that nobody has even thought about. Honestly, I don't see it now being one of the names that everybody is talking about. Why make it a contest if everybody and their brothers guess the right guy?

I don't think he's doing it to find out who the fans want. To me this points to this being a completely off the wall guy that nobody has even thought about. Honestly, I don't see it now being one of the names that everybody is talking about. Why make it a contest if everybody and their brothers guess the right guy?

because he has Super Bowl tickets to give away and has to give them away some how? I mean Irasy's done this stuff before asked a fairly easy triva question to just give something away. That's where the Abby hat pick came from.

Jim Caldwell.

Irsay admits he made a mistake, stating:

"Caldwell has been an undeniable building block for our Colts organization. His passion on the sidelines, locker-room chemistry, and utmost charisma has given our team the hope and expectations to accomplish any and all goals... Bah, who am I kidding!?!... Caldwell, you're fired again."

I agree. Probably some one who we will all have to Google after the announcement is made.

Right, espn threw out the CFL guy Marc Trestman, I bet it is a guy like him who may have had some NFL experience but went to CFL or arena league or even someone whos been outta the game for awhile, ala Schottenheimer...

Rob Chudzinski

Id be completely fine with him. He did great things with both Derek Anderson in Cleveland and Cam Newton in Carolina. Having Luck would give him the best young QB he's worked with. We would then have to find a very good DC though since we wouldnt have any quality defensive minded guys at the time.