Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts 2016 Record Preseason Poll!

WarGhost21

Colts 2016 Record? POLL!!  

85 members have voted

1. 1. What record do you see the Colts having at the end of the 2016 season?

• 16-0
    • 15-1
    • 14-2
    • 13-3
    • 12-4
    • 11-5
    • 10-6
    • 9-7
    • 8-8
    • 7-9
    • 6-10
    • 5-11
    • 4-12
    • 3-13
    • 2-14
    • 1-15
    • 0-16

Let's take a look at our opponents.

Home

• Bears - W...They have Cutler.  I'm not very worried about their defense either.
  • Chargers - W...For whatever reason, they seem to have our number.  But I think we can beat them this year.  Their team doesn't really scare me
  • Chiefs  - W...We always manage to beat these guys, even if they're close games.
  • Jaguars - W...At home, I think we win
  • Lions - W...No Megatron, no problem.
  • Steelers - L...If the Steelers can keep everyone healthy, I think they're almost impossible to stop on offense.
  • Texans - W...At home, I give us the win
  • Titans - W....I still don't think these guys are any sort of competition for us. Let's not forget they have Mike Mularkey as their head coach

Away
Broncos - W...Luck has shown he can beat the Broncos.  Since it's on the road, that makes it a bit more challenging, so I could see this one going either way.  But if the Broncos have Sanchez as their QB, I'm confident in our team to beat them.

• Jaguars - W...I really like the Jags and I think they're going to be contending for the division crown soon, but I just don't think they have enough right now to beat us.  It might be a close game, and we might be trailing for quite a bit of it, but I think we can pull out a W.
  • Jets - L...Make all the jokes you want about Geno Smith or whoever is playing QB for them next season, but they have one of the most complete rosters in the league.
  • Packers - L...It might depend on when the game is played (if it's earlier in the year when the weather is nicer, we might be able to get a win), but I think the Pack win this one.  If Jordy Nelson comes back completely healthy, Rodgers could be lethal.  Their defense doesn't really scare me, but I'm not confident in our defense's ability to stop their offense
  • Raiders - L...I could see this one going either way, but the Raiders have a really solid roster right now.  Carr is playing well, Cooper had a great rookie season, Khalil Mack is one of the best defensive players in the game.  I'll give the Raiders the win since they're playing at home.
  • Texans - L...I like the moves they've made so far in the offseason.  I think Osweiler can be a good QB if he's given a good coach, and O'Brien seems to be a decent QB guru.
  • Titans - W...They're still the Titans
  • Vikings - L...Very good defense, plus Adrian Peterson is showing no signs of slowing down.  I can see this going either way because I don't think Bridgewater is good enough to lift his team to wins just yet.  If our defense can bottle up AP, I'm not worried about Bridgewater beating us with his arm.

There were a few games where I noted that it could go either way.  I can see us going anywhere from 8-8 again to 13-3.  I'm going to go with 10-6 (7-1 at home, 3-5 on the road) and the AFC South crown.

This is assuming all teams keep their main guys healthy.  If last year's injuries repeat themselves (eg. Luck, Jordy Nelson, Le'Veon Bell), things will be very different.

I agree with what 21issuperman said but I think we beat the Vikings and Jets on the road (we could beat Minnesota if we force Teddy to beat us with his arm) but we lose to the Chiefs at home. They got a really good team. For what it's worth, here's my AFC SOUTH predictions (based off each teams schedule)

1. Colts 11-5

2. Jaguars 10-6

3. Texans 9-7 (All seven of their losses could end up being on the road. Not an easy schedule)

4. Titans 5-11

I just want to beat Pittsburgh or at least make the game competitive anyway. 

The Raiders will be a good test for INDY too. Records don't concern me. Just running the ball well, getting Dwayne Allen involved often, & making amends for our less than stellar season this year. 

2 hours ago, southwest1 said:

I just want to beat Pittsburgh or at least make the game competitive anyway. 

The Raiders will be a good test for INDY too. Records don't concern me. Just running the ball well, getting Dwayne Allen involved often, & making amends for our less than stellar season this year. 

I really want to beat the steelers. I think we will be better this time around. Patrick Robinson and Vonte Davis can stop/contain Brown and Wheaton. Martavis Byrant is suspended and than we can sack the box and stop Bell.

Plus we don't have Toler giving up big plays like last year!!! :thmup:

20 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

Home

• Bears - W...They have Cutler.  I'm not very worried about their defense either.
  • Chargers - W...For whatever reason, they seem to have our number.  But I think we can beat them this year.  Their team doesn't really scare me
  • Chiefs  - W...We always manage to beat these guys, even if they're close games.
  • Steelers - L...If the Steelers can keep everyone healthy, I think they're almost impossible to stop on offense.
  • Titans - W....I still don't think these guys are any sort of competition for us. Let's not forget they have Mike Mularkey as their head coach

Away
Broncos - W...Luck has shown he can beat the Broncos.  Since it's on the road, that makes it a bit more challenging, so I could see this one going either way.  But if the Broncos have Sanchez as their QB, I'm confident in our team to beat them.

• Jaguars - W...I really like the Jags and I think they're going to be contending for the division crown soon, but I just don't think they have enough right now to beat us.  It might be a close game, and we might be trailing for quite a bit of it, but I think we can pull out a W.
  • Jets - L...Make all the jokes you want about Geno Smith or whoever is playing QB for them next season, but they have one of the most complete rosters in the league.
  • Packers - L...It might depend on when the game is played (if it's earlier in the year when the weather is nicer, we might be able to get a win), but I think the Pack win this one.  If Jordy Nelson comes back completely healthy, Rodgers could be lethal.  Their defense doesn't really scare me, but I'm not confident in our defense's ability to stop their offense
  • Raiders - L...I could see this one going either way, but the Raiders have a really solid roster right now.  Carr is playing well, Cooper had a great rookie season, Khalil Mack is one of the best defensive players in the game.  I'll give the Raiders the win since they're playing at home.
  • Texans - L...I like the moves they've made so far in the offseason.  I think Osweiler can be a good QB if he's given a good coach, and O'Brien seems to be a decent QB guru.
  • Vikings - L...Very good defense, plus Adrian Peterson is showing no signs of slowing down.  I can see this going either way because I don't think Bridgewater is good enough to lift his team to wins just yet.  If our defense can bottle up AP, I'm not worried about Bridgewater beating us with his arm.

There were a few games where I noted that it could go either way.  I can see us going anywhere from 8-8 again to 13-3.  I'm going to go with 10-6 (7-1 at home, 3-5 on the road) and the AFC South crown.

This is assuming all teams keep their main guys healthy.  If last year's injuries repeat themselves (eg. Luck, Jordy Nelson, Le'Veon Bell), things will be very different.

A similar evaluation to mine with one or two differences. I think we'll go 10 - 6 as well and that might be good enough for the AFC South this year. Not because the rest of the south will be garbage either. I think it will be a 3 way race with the Texans and Jags either on 10-6 as well or 9-7 etc. We might need to win it on divisional or common opponent records....

21 hours ago, WarGhost21 said:

As a follow up, who do you see winning the AFC South and what are your Super Bowl LI? Leave your predictions for these questions in the comments!!

I will say 9-7 Unless we find a good replacement for Fleener and Freeman those two are going to hurt and unless Geathers really lights it up this year the loss of Lowry is going to hurt too.

Man a lot of this depends on how well our draft goes. If we hit a 500 foot grand slam and get 4 immediate starters/contributors then we'll be one of the top 5 teams in the league. We're already much better at corner. We just need a pure pass rusher, and to fix the OL. I think we'd be ok at ILB with Moore and Irving, but like I said with a fixed offensive line and a really good young pass rusher we'll be an 10-12 win team. If we could trade down and pick up an extra 3rd and have a draft that looks something like this we should be in really, really good shape.

1) Noah Spence EDGE

2) Christian Westerman Guard

3) Austin Johnson NT

3) Kyler Fackrell EDGE

4) CJ Prosise RB

5) Evan Boehm Center

7) Tyron Holmes EDGE

IMO. This draft, or one similar would make us a top 5 team. I feel Spence, Westerman, Johnson, Fackrell, Prosise, and Boehm are all going to be really good players, and at least 3 should be day 1 starters. Probably Spence, Westerman, and Johnson while Fackrell rotated in and out and Prosise shared carries with Gore. Boehm would probably end up starting day 1 as well, but if Thornton breaks out then we would probably move Westerman to Center. A lot of possibilities.

On 4/7/2016 at 0:41 PM, 21isSuperman said:

Home

Away

Confucius say, a healthy Andrew Luck always mean 11 wins....