Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Positive Notes

Dark_Indy

There are a lot of negative comments being made about this team lately, let's look at some of the positive notes on the Colts Roster.

1. Arguably the best up and coming QB in the league, improving every year

2. One of the best shutdown corners in the NFL in Vontae Davis

3. A couple of young studs on the defensive line in Parry and Anderson.

4. Kendall Langford is a really bright spot on our defense.

5. As a note on the above two, with the addition of Art Jones and Zach Kerr (who was ranked very highly by PFF) our Defensive line rotation is starting to look really good.

6. No Pep Hamilton

7. No Greg Manusky.

What else?

6 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

NB4 the negative Nancy's show up. :default_6:

I think you have to be excited about Irving and Moore with the LBer coach change. Both have been underutilized since they arrived

Add Mewhort to the long term positives too

Nothing to be excited about. If you win free agency you win the Super Bowl. Everyone knows that. The season is over for the Colts already. Losers in free agency losers during the season.

33 minutes ago, Archer said:

Like the thread.  I'd add:

1) Better 2015 draft class than most people realize that should give us increasing contributions from D'Joun, Dorsett, Geathers, and Good next year.  

2) A real OL coach (hopefully)

Somehow I keep forgetting about Dorsett

56 minutes ago, Dark_Indy said:

There are a lot of negative comments being made about this team lately, let's look at some of the positive notes on the Colts Roster.

5. As a note on the above two, with the addition of Art Jones and Zach Kerr (who was ranked very highly by PFF) our Defensive line rotation is starting to look really good.

6. No Pep Hamilton

7. No Greg Manusky.

What else?

You certainly love your home team.

9 minutes ago, Freenyfan102 said:

We have the worst offensive line in the league and the worse coaching gm and corners

We definitely don't have the worst Coaching as Pagano and Chud are in the top half in the league, not saying they are Very Good or Great to specify, but Good. Vontae is a Top 10 Corner as well so there are many teams that have worse Corners than us. Lets see how Grigson does in the Draft before we say he is the worst GM. The O.Line is Bad I will give you that but not the worst. All I know is since the 2012 Season we are 41-23 and have been to a Final 4 since Grigs took over so we are from the worse of anything.

3 hours ago, Dark_Indy said:

6. No Pep Hamilton

7. No Greg Manusky.

What else?

Nice positive stuff. If Andrew stays healthy I cant see us going worse than 10-6.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We definitely don't have the worst Coaching as Pagano and Chud are in the top half in the league, not saying they are Very Good or Great to specify, but Good. Vontae is a Top 10 Corner as well so there are many teams that have worse Corners than us. Lets see how Grigson does in the Draft before we say he is the worst GM. The O.Line is Bad I will give you that but not the worst. All I know is since the 2012 Season we are 41-23 and have been to a Final 4 since Grigs took over so we are from the worse of anything.

Chud is a much better OC than Chuck is a head coach

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Chud might be our saving grace. That Denver game was great stuff with Andrew and him working together. 

I give Chuck credit though, he made some nice hires on the offensive side of the ball.

2 hours ago, Freenyfan102 said:

We have the worst offensive line in the league and the worse coaching gm and corners

I think Vontae Davis is a decent corner... our coaching staff is almost brand new for this season... and we definitely don't have the worst offensive line in the NFL

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am waiting for the Draft before I pile on Grigs. I think after last seasons FA he is just being cautious because it backfired so much. The Draft is obviously very important.

There's going to be mega-input from the entire connective tissue that has anything remotely to do with the Indianapolis Colts drafts from here on out IMO.

1 minute ago, ColtRider said:

There's going to be mega-input from the entire connective tissue that has anything remotely to do with the Indianapolis Colts drafts from here on out IMO.

This Draft is the most important in teams history. I cant wait to read the Posts after day 1. So many people have so many different idea's in here on who to take. Some say we should take Elliott if he's there.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This Draft is the most important in teams history. I cant wait to read the Posts after day 1. So many people have so many different idea's in here on who to take. Some say we should take Elliott if he's there.

It's gonna be very important, '06CBE. I agree. I just posted over in the ILB thread that if Reggie Ragland is there at #18 and BPA is satisfied through that pick? 

We take him. I know there's some difference of opinion of OL v. Defense. I just have to side on the option of taking a potential great ILB that can ignite and morph into a very good to great defense. And, that position along with OLB is so very critical as well to acquiring an exceptional defensive club.

3 minutes ago, ColtRider said:

It's gonna be very important, '06CBE. I agree. I just posted over in the ILB thread that if Reggie Ragland is there at #18 and BPA is satisfied through that pick? 

We take him. I know there's some difference of opinion of OL v. Defense. I just have to side on the option of taking a potential great ILB that can ignite and morph into a very good to great defense. And, that position along with OLB is so very critical as well to acquiring an exceptional defensive club.

I like Ogbah and Floyd as far as Pass Rushers, I also like Spriggs from IU regarding O.Lineman but he is rated to go maybe 2nd or 3rd Round.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not to be argumentative but IMO I am not too sure about the history thing. I would pick the 2012 draft because coming off a 2-14 season. I know Luck was taken but had the draft been different the success would not have happened of the first three seasons under Luck. Also the 1973 draft that included Bert Jones that brought the Colts three straight AFC east titles. I agree it is up there as far as the need to be successful.

47 minutes ago, SP_21 said:

I think Vontae Davis is a decent corner... our coaching staff is almost brand new for this season... and we definitely don't have the worst offensive line in the NFL

He's better than decent

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Not to be argumentative but IMO I am not too sure about the history thing. I would pick the 2012 draft because coming off a 2-14 season. I know Luck was taken but had the draft been different the success would not have happened of the first three seasons under Luck. Also the 1973 draft that included Bert Jones that brought the Colts three straight AFC east titles. I agree it is up there as far as the need to be successful.

Yeah you have a point, regarding importance because Luck was there in 2012.

Don't forget our 2015 draft was actually pretty good all things considered. Yeah Dorsett is still a head scratcher. However we got 3 solid defensive guys in Parry, Anderson and Geathers. 

We have also had a UDFA make the squad for a few years in a row now, among them being Kerr and Quan Bray. 

Bray also electrified our return game too. Solid little dude.

6 hours ago, bravo4460 said:

Nothing to be excited about. If you win free agency you win the Super Bowl. Everyone knows that. The season is over for the Colts already. Losers in free agency losers during the season.

Yea, like we were last year's free agency winners!

oh wait............

3. Anderson was probably the first D-lineman in a while that I really got excited about. So bummed to see him get hurt. Looking forward to all our guys being healthy for this year (Jones, Anderson) and I think we will have the most solid D-line that we have had in recent times.

Add one more- a healthy Robert Mathis for the whole season

My prediction is the draft is going to be Kelly at center or Ragland. We need both positions so badly, because next to Luck, I believe they are the positions people feed off of. You need a stud at LB to be the one calling plays and leading. It can be an experience safety, but I look at Wagner or Kuechly, and they are the ones who fuel that defense. The OL can be so cohesive with a smart, physical center. We need both, and I don't care if we go Kelly, and then ILB, or Ragland, and then Martin, although I would prefer Kelly. Still so many more positives than negatives.

What were witnessing here so far is mistake corrections: Firing coordinators,  jettisoning under-achieving players like Werner and AJ, and then refusing to overpay some marginal talent like Fleener and Freeman. We're basically the same team that went to the AFCCG with the opportunity now to develop some young talent. 

Everything hinges on the draft next month.  We'll soon know if retaining Grigson was the right decision.