Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Josh Freeman signed

Cynjin

We are really digging deep at this point.  

I'd almost rather make a news splash and start Tebow for one game if Luck can't play.  I mean I find it unlikely that he could be that much worse then Freeman or Morris.

Or maybe we could sign someone no one has ever heard of.  Like find some obscure former division 3 quarterback and ask him if he'd like to play in 1 NFL game.  Have the media scrambling to try to find out who the heck this guy is.  

This is gonna be really bad.  But if we are going to have to endure it we might as well have fun with it.  Do something that will get the media talking about us for a while. . . 

Maybe since the staff is all going to be fired have Pagano show up for the game in a Bicorn hat dressed like Napolean.  He can explain to the media that he wanted to dress appropriately for his Waterloo.

Grigson should show up to the game in a clown hat.  

25 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

I'd almost rather make a news splash and start Tebow for one game if Luck can't play.  I mean I find it unlikely that he could be that much worse then Freeman or Morris.

Or maybe we could sign someone no one has ever heard of.  Like find some obscure former division 3 quarterback and ask him if he'd like to play in 1 NFL game.  Have the media scrambling to try to find out who the heck this guy is.  

This is gonna be really bad.  But if we are going to have to endure it we might as well have fun with it.  Do something that will get the media talking about us for a while. . . 

Maybe since the staff is all going to be fired have Pagano show up for the game in a Bicorn hat dressed like Napolean.  He can explain to the media that he wanted to dress appropriately for his Waterloo.

This actually one of the better ideas and posts this forum has had in the last month.

I'm not finding anything on Freeman doing cocaine but he was constantly late to Vikings practices, Overslept at a Bucs photo shoot when he was with the Bucs, Cant find anything related to drugs. Seems to be just a case of a physically talented player who just has not wanted it bad enough (it being the drive to put in the time and work ethic needed to be a quality starting QB).

This is a guy that put up 25+ TD's on 2 separate instances so he can produce at a more then respectable level if healthy and he works hard. I think its even possible if he works hard we may not have to worry about our backup solution next year (yes I know that's a long way away and it wont likely happen)...He has talent....Work ethic? Not to this point

31 minutes ago, Gavin said:

I'm not finding anything on Freeman doing cocaine but he was constantly late to Vikings practices, Overslept at a Bucs photo shoot when he was with the Bucs, Cant find anything related to drugs. Seems to be just a case of a physically talented player who just has not wanted it bad enough (it being the drive to put in the time and work ethic needed to be a quality starting QB).

This is a guy that put up 25+ TD's on 2 separate instances so he can produce at a more then respectable level if healthy and he works hard. I think its even possible if he works hard we may not have to worry about our backup solution next year (yes I know that's a long way away and it wont likely happen)...He has talent....Work ethic? Not to this point

With all due respect, waking up on time and arriving on time is not really indicative of any type of exceptional work ethic.

It's just what normal people do in the course of everyday life. From that point, we see what type of work ethic somebody has.

Habitually late and oversleeping is indicative of somebody being hopelessly exhausted after getting strung-out...or hungover.....but we really don't know anything.

14 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Habitually late and oversleeping is indicative of somebody being hopelessly exhausted after getting strung-out...or hungover.....but we really don't know anything.

Or something less nefarious, like playing video games or watching Netflix, etc. Things that are somewhat addictive, but not criminal. I'm sure we all remember Quinn Pitcock.

On topic, Freeman is at least talented. He can throw the ball down the field better than the other QBs we've been using. I don't mind the signing. 

"Sleeping in" is a part of work

ethic. If you can't take enough pride in yourself or your job to get up when you are "required" to be at work ,and I don't care how tired you are, that's being lazy.   However, if he has anything left to offer its not a bad tryout for a possible future back up. 

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

Or something less nefarious, like playing video games or watching Netflix, etc. Things that are somewhat addictive, but not criminal. I'm sure we all remember Quinn Pitcock.

On topic, Freeman is at least talented. He can throw the ball down the field better than the other QBs we've been using. I don't mind the signing. 

Oh sure, criminal or not isn't the issue for me, when someone has a problem...um...just waking up, its a sign of some deeper more problematic issue.

I have no problem with the signing, or having him compete for MHs spot next year. 

You know, past is prologue.

15 minutes ago, Superman said:

Ah yes, good ol'e Quitcock...... So strung out on Call of Duty and Mt. Dew he couldn't be bothered to make millions and retire in a few years....

1 hour ago, Valpo2004 said:

Enough with Tebow.....if he was any good at all, he'd be on a roster

1 hour ago, Dustin said:

Didn't this guy get cut from the Bucs because he wouldn't stop doing cocaine?

The only one I can think of is Max Hall, but I think he played for Carolina and Arizona. Chris Simms was an ex-Bucs QB that was arrested for smoking pot, but Freeman was just lazy.

9 minutes ago, Superman said:

I think he's just listing the QBs we've had on the roster.

But we can speculate why that is relevant.   There could be several reasons.

He can also list that we have had the same punter rostered for the past six years, but that would be irrelevant too unless it was a part of a broader point.

56 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Oh sure, criminal or not isn't the issue for me, when someone has a problem...um...just waking up, its a sign of some deeper more problematic issue.

I have no problem with the signing, or having him compete for MHs spot next year. 

You know, past is prologue.

Oh, I forgot who I was talking to...

As for a deeper, more problematic issue, that's debatable. Quinn Pitcock was suffering from depression and got addicted to video games. I'm just saying, someone being late to work, even habitually, doesn't mean that they're up all night doing something bad. 

6 minutes ago, DougDew said:

But we can speculate why that is relevant.   There could be several reasons.

He can also list that we have had the same punter rostered for the past six years, but that would be irrelevant too unless it was a part of a broader point.

I think it's noteworthy that a team with an established starter and an established backup has had so many QBs in the building. Even in 2011 we didn't have half as many QBs. It doesn't really mean anything, but it's kind of surprising.

Maybe Keefer is trying to make a bigger point. I took it as 'wow, look how many QBs we've had this year, this is crazy!'

2 hours ago, Gavin said:

There are corners of the Internet where there are rumors of Josh Freeman doing cocaine. Nothing has ever been corroborated, and there are no pictures of him rolling up dollar bills in nightclub restrooms.

1 hour ago, DougDew said:
1 hour ago, DougDew said:
25 minutes ago, Superman said:
1 minute ago, Superman said:
1 minute ago, Superman said:

There are corners of the Internet where there are rumors of Josh Freeman doing cocaine. Nothing has ever been corroborated, and there are no pictures of him rolling up dollar bills in nightclub restrooms.

I don't know why the quote feature has me quoting Doug again but my post is to Superman....Rumors are easy to start.....Harder to confirm. Which is not to say the rumors are false of course because I have no way of knowing one way or the other but rumors without facts or hard proof are dead

Just now, Gavin said:

I don't know why the quote feature has me quoting Doug again but my post is to Superman....Rumors are easy to start.....Harder to confirm. Which is not to say the rumors are false of course because I have no way of knowing one way or the other but rumors without facts or hard proof are dead

Absolutely. I'm just saying, the rumors are out there.