Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts need a Broncos win to stay alive.

Dustin

1 minute ago, ColtStrong said:

Good Lord. I've heard 10 different scenarios. I need a break and come back when someone actually knows the FACTS.

Lol. It's pretty confusing. Another poster summarized it well in the "clinch" thread:

JAX defeats NO - not happening
DEN defeats CIN
MIA defeats NE
BUFF defeats NYJ
BALT defeats CIN
JAX defeats HOU
INDY defeats TENN
DEN defeats SD

OAK defeats KC - because JAX lost.

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Last week.,.,.it was aid here that there was no chance for the Colts to win an 8-8 tie.

There's no hurry to be the first to say 'I give up' ............Theres no prize for that.

There's no rush to announce that you quit..

Lets let it play out.,.today was a good day

Hey, even if the Colts are out as of now, I'll still root for them next week. Just like I have been doing since 1972. There's always next year. ;)

14 minutes ago, snkdy said:

Lol. It's pretty confusing. Another poster summarized it well in the "clinch" thread:

JAX defeats NO - not happening
DEN defeats CIN
MIA defeats NE
BUFF defeats NYJ
BALT defeats CIN
JAX defeats HOU
INDY defeats TENN
DEN defeats SD

OAK defeats KC - because JAX lost.

Thank you!

51 minutes ago, James said:

Marcus Peters will have 3 INTs in that game, should it happen.

Chiefs are going to smoke us with or without Luck. Last time, when we made out comeback, they had a ton of their defensive starts injured, not to mention Charles leaving the game. We were very fortunate.

But we won't make the playoffs, so it's all pointless.

Don't make excuses to why we came back in the playoffs against them. There's no way in hell ANY team should blow a 4 TD lead injuries or not.

45 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Last week.,.,.it was aid here that there was no chance for the Colts to win an 8-8 tie.

There's no hurry to be the first to say 'I give up' ............Theres no prize for that.

There's no rush to announce that you quit..

Lets let it play out.,.today was a good day

sorry to keep responding to you specifically, but the prize for giving up first is better picks

there is no prize for just barley missing the playoffs though, thats what i fear

So basically the Colts are out right? Because even a Houston loss and Colts win next week wouldn't clinch it.

Plus I heard after we lost to the Texans that the Colts would have to win out and the Texans would have to lose out for us to make it. So I figure the Texans win today pretty much sealed our fate. 

1 minute ago, Defjamz26 said:

So basically the Colts are out right? Because even a Houston loss and Colts win next week wouldn't clinch it.

Plus I heard after we lost to the Texans that the Colts would have to win out and the Texans would have to lose out for us to make it. So I figure the Texans win today pretty much sealed our fate. 

And don't forget the Jaguars lost today

7 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

How would a Jaguars win have helped? Wouldn't a win have given them the same record as the Colts? Plus they split each other so if anything they would've tied for 2nd place in the AFC South.

They are a game behind and we lost to the saints that's why

13 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

How would a Jaguars win have helped? Wouldn't a win have given them the same record as the Colts? Plus they split each other so if anything they would've tied for 2nd place in the AFC South.

It (a Saint win)  gives the Texans a better strength  of victory record or %. The teams they beat that the Colts didn't are Cinn, NO and the Jets. The 3 teams the Colts beat that the roans didn't are Atlanta , Miami and Denver. 

So to answer your question a Jag win would mean a NO loss instead of a NO win. 

5 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

We basically have like a 10% of making the playoffs. We need like 10 different games to shake out for us next week.