Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

List of head coaches for next year

RockThatBlue

We aren't technically eliminated but close enough.

Who are some coaches you'd be ok with? 

Saban, Gruden and Cowher have been mentioned on here. Sean Payton is a name I see a lot too (if he's even let go) 

I know Chud was an option but I don't see it happening now with how the offense is performing. 

Thoughts?

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, LuckIsAwesome said:

Saban, Gruden and Cowher have been mentioned on here. Sean Payton is a name I see a lot too (if he's even let go) 

I know Chud was an option but I don't see it happening now with how the offense is performing. 

Thoughts?

Of the names kicked around thus far I would say Cowher. This team needs an infusion of toughness and some discipline.  I think Bill could whip them into shape,. But no coach GM hybrids.  Let's hire a new GM as well. Preferably some one with some experience. 

Thoughts?

Of the names kicked around thus far I would say Cowher. This team needs an infusion of toughness and some discipline.  I think Bill could whip them into shape,. But no coach GM hybrids.  Let's hire a new GM as well. Preferably some one with some experience. 

We need a coach/gm. That's what's killing the team and even most organizations. The fight for control. It's just like an office, manager and worker don't get along.

I really don't want a college coach in any way shape or form.  I would prefer a proven NFL winner such as Cower, Chuckie, Payton, even Brian Billick.  I'm not in love with recycled failures like Josh McDaniels who had massive lapses in judgement so....I guess my list is pretty short.

I will accept almost any other coaching besides the junk that we have ruining this group of athletes. We have an awful leadership group. Chuck wants to be too nice to his players and you can't have this. It's a business, not a buddy camp. 

Vic Fangio!  That 49ers defense was great with him coaching. Of course it helps having Patrick Willis and Navorro Bowman. :)

I wouldn't mind talking with a college coach like Mark Dantonio, Michigan State. He was taught by Saban.

Vic Fangio HC

Don Brown D.C.  he's from Boston college

Kerry Coombs special teams Ohio State

Pete Carmichael O.C./asst.hc  from n.o.saints

Just now, Rally5 said:

Eww, indeed, not popular.  I could consider either perhaps as an OC.

Again, I think we need to hire a coach with head coaching experience. Todd Haley has shown growth as a coach and deserves a second chance. 

1 minute ago, GoColts00 said:

Vic Fangio!  That 49ers defense was great with him coaching. Of course it helps having Patrick Willis and Navorro Bowman. :)

I wouldn't mind talking with a college coach like Mark Dantonio, Michigan State. He was taught by Saban.

Vic Fangio HC

Don Brown D.C.  he's from Boston college

Kerry Coombs special teams Ohio State

Pete Carmichael O.C./asst.hc  from n.o.saints

You know Vic was our DC for a couple years in 2000.  I'm not sure he's coming back.

2 minutes ago, MTC said:

Again, I think we need to hire a coach with head coaching experience. Todd Haley has shown growth as a coach and deserves a second chance. 

You may be right, I might suggest he can practice getting it right somewhere else.  I would much prefer a sure thing, but that's just me....

8 minutes ago, Rally5 said:

You know Vic was our DC for a couple years in 2000.  I'm not sure he's coming back.

Including Chuck, the last 3 HC here was DC; I guess Mora was considered one too? That would be 4; let's try OC style. Our D has blown even with so-called D minded coaches.

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Both of the guys you mentioned have head coaching experience 

Yeah I know, didn't mean to add that to the post.

Not a fan of Saban because of college coaches are quite successful in the NFL.

When Hue was head coach (correct me if I'm wrong), Raiders were the most penalized team in the NFL. Fans said he had no discipline. 

21 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Jesus, what's with the hate on Saban? The dude would make this team better instantly. 

Theres one really good reason - theres a good chance he would also want GM responsibilities, in which he is unproven at the NFL level. He might be abke to coach, but if he cant bring in good players, it wont matter. You really want to risk an unproven GM as Luck hits his prime?

10 minutes ago, MTC said:

Yeah I know, didn't mean to add that to the post.

Not a fan of Saban because of college coaches are quite successful in the NFL.

When Hue was head coach (correct me if I'm wrong), Raiders were the most penalized team in the NFL. Fans said he had no discipline. 

The penalty issue predated Jackson in Oakland, and it survived after him. Remember, he only got one season there. That's not really enough time to really put your imprint on a team.

13 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Theres one really good reason - theres a good chance he would also want GM responsibilities, in which he is unproven at the NFL level. He might be abke to coach, but if he cant bring in good players, it wont matter. You really want to risk an unproven GM as Luck hits his prime?

Is there really any proof he would want that kind of responsibility?  I hear it a lot and have no idea where to comes from.