Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Well, that changes everything (referring to the Texans-Cinci game)

AllYouNeedIsLuck

Id be happy to not make the playoffs this year, so that's cool with me.

Id rather have a hopefully top 15 draft spot than a likely 1 and done in the playoffs and a spot in the 20s.

I don't know why people think we'll be a one and done team in the playoffs (IF Luck returns)??

I think this can be another 2006 type of year when we get critical players back for the playoffs and then become world beaters.

The only way we fail in the playoffs is if we return to the Pep style of play calling. I just don't see that happening with Chuck'zinski. It was only one game, yes, but this team showed it could play near 60 minute football at a high level. We can play with anyone.

Just a side note here. The Bengals over-looked Houston last night. Quite evident. Really do not think Dalton & Co. will let that happen again this season with anyone else. "The Red Rifle looked like the Red Ryder BB gun" - JJ Watt after the game. What does everyone think about that comment last night?

I thought it was funny

It took me off guard. I was drinking a Diet Dew (yeah, I know it's bad for me!) when Watt blurted that out. Went threw my nose, and burned the * out of my nose. I said, "Did I just hear what I thought I heard?" Took me a little while to digest that, and continued on listening to him. There's no doubt in my mind that he'll be a "colorful" commentator if he goes that route after the NFL.

Texans still have the AFC East minus the Phins and a trip to INDY. That's a strong possibility of 4 L's

If someone is going to make a run at the divison I think it's the Jags. Their schedule sets up nice. The only team left with a winning record is ATL.They get the Falcons and us at home.

I agree with you re the Jags. That's why getting that gift win on Sunday was not great news for the Colts.

Just a side note here. The Bengals over-looked Houston last night. Quite evident. Really do not think Dalton & Co. will let that happen again this season with anyone else. "The Red Rifle looked like the Red Ryder BB gun" - JJ Watt after the game. What does everyone think about that comment last night?

They didn't over look them. The Texans have the bengals number like the chargers have ours.

It's going to be a nail biter down the stretch with Luck out a month and Houston winning last night.

If we don't make the playoffs, some heads are gunna roll.  You have AJ and Gore who would also be furious and probably leave or retire, And a host of other malcontents.  Grigson and Pagano might have to sell their twin Jaguars.

i liked the comment and cincinatti is a very good team but they will lose at least another game or two their paper tiger, every year

They didn't over look them. The Texans have the bengals number like the chargers have ours.

Yeah, I get that innuendo, Stephen. However, Eiffert catches those passes from Dalton, and it's a different ballgame. And yes, the Chargers and one Philip Rivers seem like they own the Colts. Pittsburgh, the same way. I just hope they can go into Pennsylvania and play lights out against the Steelers. Highly unlikely against BR & that defense. But, you never know.

i liked the comment and cincinatti is a very good team but they will lose at least another game or two their paper tiger, every year

You may be right. However, the last time I remember the Bengals playing this well was the 1988-89 season. Went to Super Bowl and lost to the 49ers 20-16 with :34 seconds left. They were Montana-ed.

the afc south sucks so bad the afc south sucks so bad blah blah blah blah well well now... we into OT and took the lead vs an undefeated carolina team in the rain with injuries and an incapable offensive playcaller, we beat undefeated denver with the best defensive unit in the league, the texans beat the undefeated bengals in THEIR house in primetime. it doesnt appear the afc south is that awful now does it??

Its still pretty woeful, but its certainly looked a bit better the last few weeks.

It really stinks that the Bengals ruined our playoff hopes, but draft picks will be a bit better (not much) but a little better. Here's why: The Colts, although will succumb to the Texans in our playoff hopes, will at least win some games , hurting our draft picks.........so there is reason to be discouraged. Cincy, single handedly, ruined our season last night. I can't believe a no-name backup QB and an inept Cincy offense, completely screwed us over. I am so ticked right now, I can't see straight. Pagano lost the AFC South......,,,,, that alone is enough to get fired.

Our playoff hopes ruined? I didn't know the NFL already decided the playoffs 7 weeks before the end of the season.

it's becasue there is no consistacy.  hard to imagine winning 4 games in a row against playoff teams when we cant win 3 in a row against  anyone

I can agree about the consistency, but we've only played one game under Chuck'zinski and we looked really good.  The worst

part of our team was the offensive coordinator and now he's gone.  It gives me hope...

The other thing is that the other teams don't have much tape on us in the new system and we're halfway through the season.

This gives us an element of surprise for Atlanta and the Bucs. I see the glass as half full even with MH as QB.

not sure if anyone in the afc matches up against them any better than we do

Agreed, Possibly Denver, if Peyton gets back to playing like he did against GB. With Eldelman hurt and some weakness in O-line, Pats may be in for fight.

Colts held Gronk to 3 catches for 50 yards, Edelman to 6 catches for 50 yards, Blount  to under 100 yards rushing. Those aren't monster numbers.  If the Colts make the playoffs and have to go to NE, this could be the year Colts fans will see something NO ONE will have imagined; a playoff win at Foxboro. How sweet would that be?

Agreed, Possibly Denver, if Peyton gets back to playing like he did against GB. With Eldelman hurt and some weakness in O-line, Pats may be in for fight.

Colts held Gronk to 3 catches for 50 yards, Edelman to 6 catches for 50 yards, Blount  to under 100 yards rushing. Those aren't monster numbers.  If the Colts make the playoffs and have to go to NE, this could be the year Colts fans will see something NO ONE will have imagined; a playoff win at Foxboro. How sweet would that be?

Quietly I've been thinking this the whole time if we just clean some things up execution wise.  We've got all the pieces in place offensively to explode on them under Chudzinski and that will help the defense. Just have to put it all together at least for that one game. It's possible for sure. I didn't see anything New England did to make me feel like we couldn't win the game.  Hopefully we'll get to see them a second time.  I feel pretty good about it to be honest.

We've been through so much mess this season I don't think mental toughness will even be a question if we had to travel to Foxborough.  We'd be more than prepared mentally.  Execution is the biggest issue overall.

Quietly I've been thinking this the whole time if we just clean some things up execution wise.  We've got all the pieces in place offensively to explode on them under Chudzinski and that will help the defense. Just have to put it all together at least for that one game. It's possible for sure. I didn't see anything New England did to make me feel like we couldn't win the game.  Hopefully we'll get to see them a second time.  I feel pretty good about it to be honest.

Like the optimism, krunk. From what I saw with the Denver game, you bet, it can be done. Wise play with execution = Wins. If we could turn back time and eliminate some of those turnovers & penalties from games past, we're not talking about this right now. Anyway, just thought I'd chime in on ya, and put some more optimistic outlay into the fray as well.

Off topic a little but the great Aaron Rodgers has lost 3 in a row so maybe GB should trade him haha like some people want to do with Luck. Rodgers is in year 7 as a starter with a better team than we have even so no excuses, see people crap happens. He lost to the Lions at home so it's time to get rid of him (sarcasm). Luck 17-2 vs the Division, outside of the Division his record would be Good if it wasn't for 0-5 vs the Pats. It is still 21-21 including Playoffs, minus the Pats it's 21-16 with 3 wins over Denver (Peyton led), 2 wins over KC (Smith led), a win over Cincy (Dalton led), Baltimore (Flacco led), Seattle (Wilson led), GB (Rodgers led), and a win over SF (Kaep led when SF was Good 2 years ago). The Colts and Luck also made Eli look like a highschool team last year on Monday night Football in NY. Heck we should've beat Cam a few weeks ago too but couldn't hold the lead in that one, Gano made 2 great kicks.

A lot of fantasy in your post. lol keeping it real!

I can agree about the consistency, but we've only played one game under Chuck'zinski and we looked really good.  The worst

part of our team was the offensive coordinator and now he's gone.  It gives me hope...

The other thing is that the other teams don't have much tape on us in the new system and we're halfway through the season.

This gives us an element of surprise for Atlanta and the Bucs. I see the glass as half full even with MH as QB.

What new system? Same system. Just different play caller.

What new system? Same system. Just different play caller.

Exactly.  Chud might make some tweaks here and there...adjusting route combinations and things like that.  But they're not going to install a brand new offensive system during the season.

Exactly.  Chud might make some tweaks here and there...adjusting route combinations and things like that.  But they're not going to install a brand new offensive system during the season.

Okay, poor choice of words on my part.  "Different play calling."

It will almost look like a new system since we've not been playing dink and dunk for the most of the year, so those plays that

are in the book and have never been called will look new to other teams.  That along with the twerks (oops!!  - tweaks) will make the offense look new.

Like Chud said "Poke Your Chest Out".  We'll be winning the Division and it ain't going to be at no 7-9.  We're the big dawgs here, we know it and the end result will prove exactly that.  Houston beat the Bengals so what?  They'll be watching us from behind as usual count on it. Take it as me being arrogant I don't care......I believe in my guys

Lol sounds too much like a Dallas fan. We don't want to be like Dallas fans do we?