Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Postgame reactions (merge)

azcolt

I dont post much mostly lurk but i had a few things to say.

Firstly, not sure why this regression is a suprise. We have been playing games from behind for four seasons now. Sooner or later these comeback attempts will not result in our favour.

Andrew Luck is obviously hurt. We know Andrew as a gun slinger that occasionly throws too many turnovers. However, this year in particular we have been seeing many missed throws, less velocity and less accuracy. I would argue this is due to his shoulder and rib injuries. He is probably not mentally on point could you imagine playing knowing if you get hit its going to hurt tremndously. If Luck is really hurt he should sit for a few weeks. No point putting a decade in jeporady for a team we know is not going far in the playoffs or possibly making the playoffs at all.

The coaching staff and gm.......... Not much good to say here in my opinion. Pep and Chuck need to go. Pep is a terrible play caller. He is inconsistent, cannot manage a run game and calls downfield plays too often. Where are our Aaron Rodgers esque short slants and 6 yard passes that can get the offence in rhythm? Chuck needs to go. I like him as a person but i dont feel he gets the most out of his players. We really need a general leading the charge at head coach opposed to a players coach which is always about making everyone feel good. Finally Grigson....Not a big fan. We have been saying for seasons Luck was going to get hurt behind our o line. Taking a ton of sacks and hit more often than any other QB. The only reason it has taken this long for Luck to get banged up is because of how he is built. It will catch up to him like it has with Big Ben. This needs to be addressed two seasons ago. Not to mention all the other things Grigson has messed up on.

Sorry it was so long but just fed up with this team. Its like they were given the keys to a ferrari with Andrew Luck but dont know how to drive manual so it just sits in the garage.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not happy in the slightest that we lost but the Panthers only scored 3 more points than us in 70 odd minutes of football.

The first half was terrible conditions and both teams played accordingly, Newton was having just as much trouble moving the ball.

Is it possible that we are trying to force a certain style we know we want to play and we stick with that until they finally let Luck do what he does best? We (particularly Luck) look terrible in the first 3 quarters most of the time this year and then all of a sudden when we need to get back in the game we wake up and go against what we have tried the rest of the game.

Also are they the worst conditions Luck has ever played in? I can't remember him having to play in such terrible conditions often. Not excusing him either because he has been terrible most of the games he has played this year but those conditions looked tough and both teams offence struggled massively.

I am at the point now where I expect an interception thrown each play, he needs to somehow reset himself and start again this season and not think too much, I think he is now in his own head.

I hate the OT rules.

Sudden death and we win.

Ehh, I remember the old Colts with Peyton though. Our forum was complaining about the old OT rules and how our defense and special teams sucked so bad, Peyton would never have the chance to touch the ball. No joke, our special teams were so bad back then, I'd hold my breath on every kick and punt return. This was also back when there was wedge blocking and less kneel downs in the endzone. All it took was a team to return the ball to the 40, then tack a dumb penalty for an extra 15 yds and you're looking at a possible FG to win it. That was dumb. Then you'd have QB's lobbing it deep, hoping for defensive pass interference to set up the game-winning FG.

I hated everything about the old OT rules.

Why do those picks have to be Pep's fault for Pep to have called a bad game???

Because I feel if many of those throws were completed like they should have been or the guy makes decisions to run the ball for the first down instead of throwing into double coverage the outcome is different and the outlook on Pep is different. Not everything the guy calls is horrible. I think the bigger issues were execution based. The first half vs the second half was a tale of better execution and better decision making by the QB. Also better weather so we were able to pass more. I think a lot of the first half playcalling was limited quite a bit by the weather. Wasn't a whole lot that could be done. I just think Luck was the bigger issue. Pep is not blameless so I'm not saying that. Some of the short down and distance playcalls to pick up first does were a little iffy.

Im telling you all good teams have figured Luck and the offense out, Teams know that Luck has the tendency to hang onto the ball for almost 3 seconds every play. Teams know that our receiving core has trouble getting off physical coverage. Teams know our ILB's struggle in coverage

Im telling you all good teams have figured Luck and the offense out, Teams know that Luck has the tendency to hang onto the ball for almost 3 seconds every play. Teams know that our receiving core has trouble getting of physical coverage

This is a huge problem for our receivers.

Nobody is getting open which is why Luck has to hold onto the ball.

They're also giving up on their routes too early and not coming back to the ball (ie Fleener INT in OT).

Receivers have to help out Andrew too and he has to be smarter with the football.

Never going to win playing this way.

Im telling you all good teams have figured Luck and the offense out, Teams know that Luck has the tendency to hang onto the ball for almost 3 seconds every play. Teams know that our receiving core has trouble getting off physical coverage. Teams know our ILB's struggle in coverage

Don't worry, Pep and Chuck will make the necessary adjustments.

They didnt have him figured out at all in 4th Qtr, Carolina got a fluke break in OT, Luck was picking them apart in the 4th Qtr, what were you watching.

Might make me sound like a sore loser but I am not impressed by Carolina at all. I actually think they deserved to lose this game blowing a lead and so many chances all night at home.

So in a way this game was very meh to me since we have this unbeaten team here who I am not even sure at the moment I would pick to outscore the Saints.

Just because a team has an unbeaten record don't mean I have to fall all over them. I am actually really unimpressed by Carolina who I feel is begging to lose a few games soon.

Add in that the WRs couldn't beat Tillman and Benny Binkywinky or however you say his name. Hilton certainly isn't playing up to the contracts

Yeah, they get pressed and suck + I think they're bottom of the league in YAC. I excpected much more of this WR core.

Though the QB isn't helping, they certainly aren't world beaters like I thought they were going to be. I would take Edleman and Gronk over the whole Colts WR/TE core easily.

Luck put us in a hole again but I'm encouraged by that second half. Seems he is starting to wake up and getting his fire back. We are a pretty solid team if this offense will get its crap together.

We were ecouraged by the first half against the Patriots too...then what happened.... I'm expecting us to get throttled next week. Denver is going take us to woodshed.

And one more thing, Luck needs to run more.

I think our coaching staff has been horrible at times trying to turn him into a pure pocket passer when one of his biggest strengths has always been mobility.

It's all about him being more decisive. He had zero problem running in that second half.

That Norman kid from Carolina had a fantastic game. He was in Hiltons pocket all game.

We were ecouraged by the first half against the Patriots too...then what happened.... I'm expecting us to get throttled next week. Denver is going take us to woodshed.

Yeah but I'm speaking about what I saw in him from a confidence stand point and aggresiveness in his decision making. He was delivering the ball on time with zip and even some of the deep shots he took you could see why he went there. It wasn't just chucking the ball in the air. He had that dominant mindset like we are used to. He is going to work his way out of this thing pretty soon. As for Denver we will see what happens. We were supposed to get throttled this week and also the last time they came to town.

With this coaching staff and roster, I don't see how you possibly resolve any of this. Other than Luck dropping back and attempting to fit balls in tight windows, how else can this team win games? With Pep's smart and effecient play calling? Pounding the rock when you can't get a yard on 3rd down? Big plays from your defense? Big special teams plays? It's a no win situation.

Irsay's only goal for the next eight games should be to limit the long term damage to Luck. Through three years, Grigson, Chuck and Pep have done everything they could to ruin him. At least change OCs to hopefully get this turned back in the right direction. If Luck is hurt, sit him for a month.

That's an option for you...I can only say what I saw...Great effort...My guys lost to an undefeated team on the road.

I cant whine.

Very poor effort for three and a half quarters , I guess you could say good effort for half a quarters, this is not a great Panther team, they have barely beaten seven not very good teams, watch next week when they get beat down, playing their first opponent with a winning record. I just don't see anything to be proud of at all, unless this is bowling, where everyone gets a trophy. It's not whining to point out that this team sucked for three and a half quarters, it did, there are no participation awards in football.

Bull. All those crappy throws from Luck and you blame this on Pep just because you don't know of anything else to do.

This!! Luck is the last one to have the ball, he can throw it to whomever he wants!!!  It's not Peps fault for who Luck throws to!!! All the receivers are live!!! We need to stop throwing this all on Pep, A good QB scours the field and makes the best choice to be successful on every play! Our Qb is not making good choices, I can see this from my couch,I see the open underneath throws that he doesn't even look at, That's also part of Peps play call. On every play he has 2 or 3 options and he doesn't take the move the chain yardage always looking for chunk yardage. Pep ain't great,  but most of this stuff he's getting blamed for is a Qb not going thru his reads!!!

Problem is we were expected to be a super bowl contender. Not all other teams were.

i think you missed his point. Throwing out 2011 because that was a freaky year the Colts haven't really had a season like this since 2001. One season like this every 15 years is hardly the normal in the NFL. Doesn't take the sting out when your knee deep in it but we've had it pretty darn good for a long time.

there ain't enough room in what wood shed for the beating that's coming our way.

maybe, but the Colts have matched up very well with the Broncos since Peyton went there. Other than the first half in the season opener last year the Colts have been the better team in every half of the previous three meetings.

that's where all the fans that accept mediocrity should go.

At this point accepting mediocrity is all you can do with the Colts at this time. That is what the Colts are this season. Just because you want something does not make it happen. Not arguing, just stating facts. If you not going to accept it then what?

After thinking and seeing what has transpired this season I think the Colts way over achieved the three seasons prior to this one. There are numerous reasons why the Colts are not playing good. It is a combination of quite a few things. There is not one person you can lay the blame on. It goes across the board as far as who is at fault. GM, coaches and players all have played their parts in what has transpired. All we can do now is wait and see what Irsay is going to do about it. There have been a lot of different things that we all want but the reality of most of those things will not happen.