Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Come on, Irsay

azcolt

I just went back to the thrashing we had in pre-season to the Eagles and others and read the different threads about how it's not time to panic that the Colts would be ready for the regular season and it was amazing how the same issues that plagued the Colts in pre-season are still there, It was clear in pre-season we had no depth but people were crying...don't panic it's only pre-season. It was clear we were shooting ourselves in the foot with penalties and people were crying...don't panic it's only pre-season and when I suggested it's a culture and coaching issue people were crying...don't panic it's only pre-season. When I suggested we already needed a coaching change in pre-season people LAUGHED and said...don't panice it's only pre-season. I HATE BEING RIGHT ALL THE TIME. I enjoy optimism but I prefer realism...IT IS TIME TO PANIC. GET RID OF GRIGSON...PAGANO...MANUSKY & HAMILTON AND LET THEM TAKE THEIR "MONSTER" WITH THEM.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see it being Chud. Usually when that sort of thing happens the assistant HC is loped in with the HC, and a coordinator is promoted. I'd put my money on Manusky, or Pep, and I'd put more money on Pep because he's bee so popular where it comes to the subject of future head coaches.

I've seen the Ravens make an in season OC change from Cam Cameron I think to Jim Caldwell. We might have something like that coming with Chud and Pep. Even if it does happen we still have this turnover and penalty issue that never seems to go away. We need a spark to come from somewher I will say that. That was a pretty bad performance!

We don't have a stranglehold on the division this year.

It looks like we'll struggle to win the division....   we'll probably do it,  but I no longer expect it to be easy.

Besides,  winning the division is the lowest of Irsays goals.   

I think a change is coming.      Could be tonight....   could be tomorrow,  but I think it will come no later than after the Denver game.

Our next two games look like losses.    The Panthers AT Carolina.      Looks like a loss.Denver at our place.      Looks like a loss.

If that happens,  we'll be,  3-6.      How would that stranglehold look at 3-6?

I think an in-season change is inevitable.      I no longer think "if"....    I see it as "when"...    and "who"....?

I agree and I am not someone who thinks firing coaches in mid season is not productive...better days are ahead :thmup:

Yeah. Let's not compete for a chance to win the Super Bowl. Why in the sam hell would we want that?

giphy.gif

I'm curious as to what you could possibly see that would make you think we would stand a chance in a playoff game?  This team?  No way they get past the first round, assuming they win the AFC South, which is not a sure thing, btw.

Now I'm certainly not saying we should throw away the season, the Colts have already done a pretty good job at that, but I do think we need to face the fact that we don't have the coaching staff necessary to improve to where we need to be.  Thus, let's move on.

One parting thought, which is neither here nor there.....This team has started slow ever since Pagano came to be. The first couple years, Luck was heroic enough to save us, but this year, he has become human.  But, the slow starts have been there all along, and they are not being fixed.

I'm curious as to what you could possibly see that would make you think we would stand a chance in a playoff game?  This team?  No way they get past the first round, assuming they win the AFC South, which is not a sure thing, btw.

Now I'm certainly not saying we should throw away the season, the Colts have already done a pretty good job at that, but I do think we need to face the fact that we don't have the coaching staff necessary to improve to where we need to be.  Thus, let's move on.

So it's better to just say "Nope we can't do it" than actually, you know, give it a try?

We have a stranglehold on the division. And in case you didn't know or have forgotten, that means we're going to the playoffs.

NO ONE is getting moved until the playoffs are out of the question.

No one.

For any reason.

i agree in season changes are likely not happening. I also agree it's still likely the Colts win the South. However, they don't have a strangle hold. They are a game up with a losing record playing poor football with at least three harsh games remaining before the schedule lightens up. Things could spiral quickly here.

I do think changes need to and are happening at the end of the year across the board.

Congratulations....

That qualifies as one of the most ridiculous statements ever made on this website.

Sad?       Sad?!?

Let me ask,   do you even know the meaning of the word? 

SAD?!?!?         Holy Cow.....       :facepalm: 

Sad,sad means you believe this team will ever win titles, even with manning,best qb ever and one title and how many playoff loses? The afc south hurts us come draft time and playing a first place schedule every year.man up dude we Suck and next year have to pay Luck and the cap is going to take a big hit for already bad team.

One parting thought, which is neither here nor there.....This team has started slow ever since Pagano came to be. The first couple years, Luck was heroic enough to save us, but this year, he has become human.  But, the slow starts have been there all along, and they are not being fixed.

So what? Fire Pagano and company mid-season and bring in a whole new staff just before Thanksgiving and try to make THAT work?

There is very little doubt that this coaching staff are gone. But the way things are, and with the way we're going to be fighting for a playoff spot all season regardless of how bad we do, the middle of the season is not the time for that. 

Let the chips fall where they may on this season and see where we go from there. Bringing in a new coach and staff are only going to create even more chaos than we are currently embroiled in. 

Congratulations....

That qualifies as one of the most ridiculous statements ever made on this website.

Sad?       Sad?!?

Let me ask,   do you even know the meaning of the word? 

SAD?!?!?         Holy Cow.....    

:facepalm: 

I'm was gentle and kind with you new fan only so I don't get my second warning and another point today since 3pm.wink

i agree in season changes are likely not happening. I also agree it's still likely the Colts win the South. However, they don't have a strangle hold. They are a game up with a losing record playing poor football with at least three harsh games remaining before the schedule lightens up. Things could spiral quickly here.

I do think changes need to and are happening at the end of the year across the board.

Like I've said, I put the ceiling for Jacksonville and Tennessee at 6 games. Houston, it seems, are attempting to stay well even under that. 

I'd be alright with a change to shake some things up but I have to say Luck is still missing some wide open people and throwing to people who are not even open

Yep, and throwing it directly to wide open. . . opposing defenders. He's going through one heck of a senior slump. That being said the team is a toilet bowl.

I think that has become highly likely. 

I think it will depend heavily on who Irsay wants as a coach. All reports indicate that Grigson pulls a lot of stings, so if Irsay wants a coach who won't put up with that it could force his hand with Grigson.

I hope this is what happens I'm not a Grigson fan at all.

So, where do they start?  What do you see that would indicate Pagano has a clue?  Are they going to watch more film and clean things up?  They've been saying that for two seasons or more now, have they improved anywhere?  I have seen zero improvement.  Zero.

Obviously it isn't going to be some kind of magic fix. We're all more than aware by now that what we've got is what we've got and it isn't going to get any better. 

But even a bad coaching staff is more of a surefire bet than cleaning house mid-season. 

So what? Fire Pagano and company mid-season and bring in a whole new staff just before Thanksgiving and try to make THAT work?

There is very little doubt that this coaching staff are gone. But the way things are, and with the way we're going to be fighting for a playoff spot all season regardless of how bad we do, the middle of the season is not the time for that. 

Let the chips fall where they may on this season and see where we go from there. Bringing in a new coach and staff are only going to create even more chaos than we are currently embroiled in. 

I understand what you are saying, and agree that changing the staff won't save this season.   There will probably be a better selection of coaches after the year ends, so waiting would not hurt us, as again, our season is pretty much beyond repair at this point.  However, I would love to see what, if anything, Chud could bring to the table in the mean time as an interim coach.

Like I've said, I put the ceiling for Jacksonville and Tennessee at 6 games. Houston, it seems, are attempting to stay well even under that.

unless there is a turn around the Colts might struggle to get to seven wins. I haven't seen much to make me think they beat Carolina, Atlanta, Denver, or Pittsburgh. I also think Miami on the road is now looking like a hard game. So that would mean sweeping the division and beating the Bucs to get to 7. Right now I am not sure that's a sure thing.

People afraid of firing coach's mid season but aren't paying attention to the Dolphins.

There is nothing comparable in the two situations. The dolphins hated their coach. They are glad he is gone. The Colts players love Pagano. Things would only get worse. I could get behind letting chud take over the offense, but firing Pagano now won't make things better. And the dolphins have beat two bad teams. Let's see how their season plays out.

It is too late to make wholesale changes to this coaching staff/management.

All Irsay can do is make a few  changes here and there like install Chud at HC and get a new OC...and it may not even improve anything.

But Irsay needs to blow it up in the off season.

Tom Moore, Howard Mudd where are you....

There is nothing comparable in the two situations. The dolphins hated their coach. They are glad he is gone. The Colts players love Pagano. Things would only get worse. I could get behind letting chud take over the offense, but firing Pagano now won't make things better. And the dolphins have beat two bad teams. Let's see how their season plays out.

Don't really see that it matters. They can love him all they want, but either now or in January he's gone. I'm not exactly sure what you preserve by keeping him 9 more games. Much greater chance IMO that cutting ties leads to positive changes.

The Jets loved Rex and he repaid them with two useless wins in December that blew the number one pick. The Dolphins made two bad teams look gosh darn silly, which is better than trying to out suck the opponent like we've been doing this year

Don't really see that it matters. They can love him all they want, but either now or in January he's gone. I'm not exactly sure what you preserve by keeping him 9 more games. Much greater chance IMO that cutting ties leads to positive changes.

How so? Mid season HC firings rarely lead to anything positive. The only advantage is you can start interviews earlier.

I'd like to know how things could get any worse than what I saw today.

I wouldn't mind seeing Chud get a shot at OC ... but other than that I think we might have to wait until the end of the year so there is a better selection coaches, coordinators, etc ... available.  At this point the more games we lose the better for draft position.

I wouldn't mind seeing Chud get a shot at OC ... but other than that I think we might have to wait until the end of the year so there is a better selection coaches, coordinators, etc ... available. At this point the more games we lose the better for draft position.

Chud needs to be the OC. He couldn't possibly be worse than Pep.

Changes are hard to figure sometimes....

This is one of the strangest seasons I can ever recall.....

At least, so far, Jim Irsay is not his father. In 1974 Bob sent GM Joe Thomas to fire Head Coach Howard Schnellenberger at Halftime of a game. When Thomas said 'where will I find a coach in midseason?' Irsay told him- 'You signed those players- you coach em, or be fired, too!'

Can Grigson coach?

Think we got some talent, don't think we have the GM/coaches to utilize it to the best of it's ability.  I also think the rift in the front office is having a trickle-down effect on the rest of the team.  Might be best to play out the string, clean house in the off-season, and re-load for about 3 years from now.  This team was supposed to be re-loading for THIS season but a few 11-5 seasons got in the way and changed some plans.  Time to do it right before Luck's best days are behind him (although some would say they already are.....I'm not one of them).

Just IMHO.

I don't think Pagano is going anywhere before the end of the year. However, it would be nice to see Pep gone tomorrow and to see what Chud can do at OC. I think this move is actually fairly realistic except for the fact we keep hearing Pagano doesn't have control over his own staff personnel decisions and that Pep might be Grigson's pet. The entire team is a mess at this point...but I think Pep has been the biggest issue and is a logical starting place to make a change. See if it gives the offense a much needed spark.

Heck, I would even take Clyde Christensen being promoted to OC over having Pep remain at this point. Just do something to shake things up.