Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tony Romo tells Brady after game - "See you in February"

amfootball

Neither team will make it, they both may see each other in Feburary but it wont be on the field. Dallas has no chance and the Pats wont Repeat. It took the Pats 10 seasons in between SB wins and they got lucky the Seahawks called the worst play call in NFL history to basically give them the game. I still think Denver is the best team in the AFC, in the NFC it's Green Bay with Arizona a close 2nd.  

That's some bold talk from Romo with all the good teams in the NFC.  I can look at any number of them that could send the Cowboys packing.  Arizona, Seattle, Green Bay, heck I think even Minnesota is in the convo, then you have to expect Philly to come around at some point.  You've got the Giants progressing at a decent pace as well. 

Neither team will make it, they both may see each other in Feburary but it wont be on the field. Dallas has no chance and the Pats wont Repeat. It took the Pats 10 seasons in between SB wins and they got lucky the Seahawks called the worst play call in NFL history to basically give them the game. I still think Denver is the best team in the AFC, in the NFC it's Green Bay with Arizona a close 2nd.  

I love the logic here...that because it took the Patriots 10 years to win another Superbowl, it would somehow influence their ability to get there again this year. Why not apply that logic to the other teams your mentioned that you think will make it? I mean, it took Green Bay 14 years in between Superbowl wins, and Denver is going 17 years since their last title. 

In the end you may be right and neither team will make it...but the reasons given are lackluster at best :)

That's some bold talk from Romo with all the good teams in the NFC.  I can look at any number of them that could send the Cowboys packing.  Arizona, Seattle, Green Bay, heck I think even Minnesota is in the convo, then you have to expect Philly to come around at some point.  You've got the Giants progressing at a decent pace as well. 

I honestly don't think the Pats will even make it back. They have only repeated once as Conference Champion in the Brady era. That was back in 2004. I see 2 new teams making it. Pats look like a machine right now but there are still 11 more games left.

@dynasty. My logic makes sense. Hardly no teams Repeat as Conference Champs or SB Champs, the % is against them. It's rare. Could they do it, they could but I doubt it. I think the only way the Pats get back is if they get HFA and I could still see them losing to someone in the AFCCG. I am just going by history.

The last team to repeat as Champs were the Pats.

Yeah but that was 10 years ago. It rarely happens is my point.

I am not sure time has anything to with it. In that span the Pats went to 3 SBs, losing two in the final couple of minutes. Every season is a new season and if the Pats have proven anything over their history, it is that one season does not bleed into the next whether they are defending SB champs or not.

Let me pose this question. Would you go to Vegas and put 10,000 dollars on the Patriots to Repeat as SB Champions and give the field or take the field and bet 10,000 and give Vegas the Patriots?

Would you go to Vegas and put $10,000 on any team at this point and give the field?

I wouldn't do that for the Patriots, I wouldn't do that for the Broncos, I wouldn't do that for the Packers. 

Would you go to Vegas and put $10,000 on any team at this point and give the field?

I wouldn't do that for the Patriots, I wouldn't do that for the Broncos, I wouldn't do that for the Packers. 

I posed that question because most Pats fans seem like it's a foregone conclusion that they will Repeat already. Just from what I have read on ESPN Posts, etc.. Peyton is washed up and the Colts are a JV team right? I mean if you are that confident in your team why wouldn't you just bet the house on them. Most Pats fans think they may even go 16-0.

Neither team will make it, they both may see each other in Feburary but it wont be on the field. Dallas has no chance and the Pats wont Repeat. It took the Pats 10 seasons in between SB wins and they got lucky the Seahawks called the worst play call in NFL history to basically give them the game. I still think Denver is the best team in the AFC, in the NFC it's Green Bay with Arizona a close 2nd.

How the heck is Denver the best team in the AFC? They've played no one, and have barely scraped by. That offense is putrid.

I posed that question because most Pats fans seem like it's a foregone conclusion that they will Repeat already. Just from what I have read on ESPN Posts, etc.. Peyton is washed up and the Colts are a JV team right? I mean if you are that confident in your team why wouldn't you just bet the house on them. Most Pats fans think they may even go 16-0.

WHAT?!?!??!

Show me these Patriot fans. Show us these posts.

NO ONE here has certainly said such a thing.

How the heck is Denver the best team in the AFC? They've played no one, and have barely scraped by. That offense is putrid.

They are one of two AFC teams right now with a 5-0 record, so I guess that makes them tied with Cincy. I suppose some might think Cincy is the best. :dunno:

WHAT?!?!??!Quote

Show me these Patriot fans. Show us these posts.

NO ONE here has certainly said such a thing.

All you have to do is go to ESPN and 99% of Pats fans give you guys a bad name. I never said it was you, AM, or dynasty that Posted the stuff I said but if you go to ESPN and read the Posts on the Gameboard and read the posts pertaining to anything Colts it's really irritating. Why I even bother reading that crap is my fault actually but most Pats just have no respect for the Colts or the Broncos. I said MOST. All I see is 16-0, Luck is overrated, Peyton is washed up from most Pats fans over there. I see Pats fans predicting scores like 60-10, etc.. All I have been reading is how the Pats are out for revenge. I say what revenge? All the Colts did was report balls being underflated. Why in the heck would the Patriots be mad or want revenge. If anything the Colts are the one's that should want revenge after being blown out in the Title Game.

The Patriots haven't played anyone either except Buffalo. Steelers didn't have Bell, Cowboys didn't have Romo or Bryant, Jags stink. I will give you guys credit for winning at Buffalo but you had to hang on in that one. Buffalo almost came back in that one. Denver is 5-0 and they have a superior Defense so I don't think by me saying they are the best team in the AFC is crazy.

LOL, I remember going to a game in Tennessee in 2006. The Titans beat us that day. When we were leaving, the Titans fans were giving us a bunch of B*. I remember yelling at one of them, "See you in the playoffs, oh yeah, never mind". Of course, I believe, they were already eliminated at that point. And the Colts won the SB that year. Not quite the same scenario, but it made me think of my similar experience.

LOL, I remember going to a game in Tennessee in 2006. The Titans beat us that day. When we were leaving, the Titans fans were giving us a bunch of B*. I remember yelling at one of them, "See you in the playoffs, oh yeah, never mind". Of course, I believe, they were already eliminated at that point. And the Colts won the SB that year. Not quite the same scenario, but it made me think of my similar experience.

I remember that game, that is the game Bironas beat us with a 60 Yard FG.

The Patriots haven't played anyone either except Buffalo. Steelers didn't have Bell, Cowboys didn't have Romo or Bryant, Jags stink. I will give you guys credit for winning at Buffalo but you had to hang on in that one. Buffalo almost came back in that one. Denver is 5-0 and they have a superior Defense so I don't think by me saying they are the best team in the AFC is crazy.

I believe the Pats opponents have the best W/L record of all the undefeated teams? Not sure that is saying much though as the whole league is down this year a lot.

I believe the Pats opponents have the best W/L record of all the undefeated teams? Not sure that is saying much though as the whole league is down this year a lot.

The Buffalo win was a good one. Buffalo is tough at home. You guys still probably would've beat the Steelers had Bell played because it was your home opener but not having Bell really hurt them. Broncos haven't beat anybody good either but I just like what they are doing on Defense. It's not even so much me liking Peyton, Peyton hasn't played that well so far but that D looks nasty. Peyton is still capable of playing great though is what people need to realize.