Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It's so dumb how we didn't get Greg Hardy

AllYouNeedIsLuck

What's such the big deal about Hardy saying he was ready to come out gun's blazing??? I mean that's just him saying he's ready to come out and dominate right? Is it really only because he said the word gun? Serious question. I know the comments he made about Brady's wife, but that was a different comment.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not what the NFL thinks.

And if you believe otherwise, then you're not paying attention to what's going on.

Greg Hardy, who was found guilty of assaulting his girlfriend?

He choked her, threw her on a bed covered in guns and threatened to kill her?

You don't think that hurts the NFL's image? You're not paying attention.

Greg Hardy, who this past week said he was ready to come out "guns blazing".... that's not hurting the NFL's image?

You're not paying attention.

No one connected with Hardy, the Cowboys or the NFL, are happy with Greg Hardy. He's hurt their image with women. And that costs the NFL money.

Oh, and here's the kicker -- it all happens during October. Breast Cancer Awareness Month that the NFL honors by having players have some pink on the uniform during the month.

I don't get what you're driving at with the pink thing. And yes, the Hardy thing has gained a lot less traction in the media than AP or Ray Rice. The NFL only cares if it affects their bottom dollar, and Hardy hasn't inflicted enough damage to affect the bottom dollar. Why do you think Brady almost ended with the same suspension despite not beating his wife? Don't accuse me of not paying attention

I am always amazed, and sickened, by the number of people who will overlook any transgression because a guy may be able to help your favorite football team win a game.

Instead of signing the guy and giving him money, the guys in the community should get together and beat him to a pulp and then force him to leave town.  Instead many fans say, who cares that he beat his girlfriend several times and strangled her, he can get 10 sacks this year.

It really is disgusting (I would like to use some stronger words but it is a family forum).

I am not really surprised at all.  All you have to do is look up Steubenville and their rape case.  If it was not for a local lady and Anonymous those two football players would have got away with it with the help of a few school officials.  It seems some people will just throw out their morals and values if it means their team can win.  

Just look at the NFL.  If it was not for the media outrage Rice would have got just a couple of games.  Greg Hardy is back like nothing happened and the NFL trots out their token we care about woman campaign during breast cancer awareness month.

This guy has a rap video out with strippers and guns.  Then made a tasteless comment about bradys wife.  Doesnt seem like he has learned to keep his mouth closed. At the time he was signed we had trent cole an up and coming johnathan newsome and Rob MAthis coming back and aurther jones.

I don't get what you're driving at with the pink thing. And yes, the Hardy thing has gained a lot less traction in the media than AP or Ray Rice. The NFL only cares if it affects their bottom dollar, and Hardy hasn't inflicted enough damage to affect the bottom dollar. Why do you think Brady almost ended with the same suspension despite not beating his wife? Don't accuse me of not paying attention

You're not paying attention. If you were, you'd realize that the union had Hardy's suspension reduced by 5 games on a technicality.

This guy has a rap video out with strippers and guns.  Then made a tasteless comment about bradys wife.  Doesnt seem like he has learned to keep his mouth closed. At the time he was signed we had trent cole an up and coming johnathan newsome and Rob MAthis coming back and aurther jones.

To the bolded, none of that bothers me.

1. There is nothing wrong with guns, just the opposite in fact, if more people owned and carried guns legally there would be far fewer mass shootings.
  2. Strippers are not something I indulge in (especially since I got married) and I wish those girls had more pride in themselves so they didn't think they had to act like that but if you condemn a video for having strippers in it, you would have to condemn: most rap videos, just about all 80's hair band videos, most modern country music videos, circ de soleil, the majority of disney teen movies and 90% of the shows on ABC.
  3. As to the comments about Brady's wife, she's a fashion model (basically a highly paid, more respectable stripper), if she gets offended at guys looking at her then she should not be a fashion model.

• There is nothing wrong with guns, just the opposite in fact, if more people owned and carried guns legally there would be far fewer mass shootings.
  • Strippers are not something I indulge in (especially since I got married) and I wish those girls had more pride in themselves so they didn't think they had to act like that but if you condemn a video for having strippers in it, you would have to condemn: most rap videos, just about all 80's hair band videos, most modern country music videos, circ de soleil, the majority of disney teen movies and 90% of the shows on ABC.
  • As to the comments about Brady's wife, she's a fashion model (basically a highly paid, more respectable stripper), if she gets offended at guys looking at her then she should not be a fashion model.

+1 Excellent post

• There is nothing wrong with guns, just the opposite in fact, if more people owned and carried guns legally there would be far fewer mass shootings.
  • Strippers are not something I indulge in (especially since I got married) and I wish those girls had more pride in themselves so they didn't think they had to act like that but if you condemn a video for having strippers in it, you would have to condemn: most rap videos, just about all 80's hair band videos, most modern country music videos, circ de soleil, the majority of disney teen movies and 90% of the shows on ABC.
  • As to the comments about Brady's wife, she's a fashion model (basically a highly paid, more respectable stripper), if she gets offended at guys looking at her then she should not be a fashion model.

Speaks the truth!

Didn't he just sign with the Cardinals?

But that may be cool seeing DFree and Mathis rushing the QB for the Colts again.

You are right, I missed that :( :

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ap-source-dwight-freeney-agrees-1-deal-cards-200603502--nfl.html;_ylt=A0LEVzG8FB1WY5sAmLZXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEyNmZndjJkBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDQjAwNDBfMQRzZWMDc2M-

The Cardinals signed him because they had an injury but they had young guns playing well till that point. However, in our case, it would have been a case of abandoning ship of lost causes that are not getting the job done in Trent Cole etc.

Didn't the whole case against Hardy even get dismissed? He wasn't convicted of anything right?

In the legal, U.S. judicial system, technically correct.  He was found guilty by a NC Judge, and Hardy appealed for a jury trial, which was his right.  before the jury trial began, Hardy and Holder settled out of court.  At that point, the accuser no longer was interested in pursuing the case and evaded the NC prosecutors until after the trial date.  Since the accuser did not show to help present her case, it was dismissed.

But, the NFL sued NC for access to the full testimony and 7 relevant photographs introduced at the bench trial that were not part of the police investigation.  The NFL based all of their punishment to Hardy based upon that, not the outcome of Hardy buying his way out of a guilty verdict.  That is why he was suspended for ten games without pay after being paid by the Panthers some 13 million dollars for playing in just 1 game.  Harold Henderson reduced that to 4, saying ten was too much considering the new policy just being enacted set it at 6. But the meaning is the same-  The NFL no longer cares what the courts say, they can perform their own investigation, and dispense discipline accordingly.   If you don't like it then appeal, and even go to a Federal judge about it.  Brady did, and it was in his favor in Federal Court (vacated).  There was no way on this green Earth that Greg Hardy was going to take his full case out into Federal court just to reduce his 4 game suspension to zero games.

Didn't he just sign with the Cardinals?

But that may be cool seeing DFree and Mathis rushing the QB for the Colts again.

I liked DFree a lot but he doesn't fit thr 3/4 scheme. Too small for Dline and a liability as LB. His specialty is pass rushing and is not very good at run stopping. His heart is Dline, at the KC game a couple of years ago I saw him during pregame warmups working with the DLine. Mathis was working with LB's.

Ah of course. I didn't know that  :thmup: . I did know that. They also reduced Brady's suspension to nil.

An arbitrator refused to reduce Brady's 4 game suspension at all.  Not a single game. Brady had the ability to take it to Federal court and get it reduced to zero.  He took that course and after a grueling experience, had it vacated on technicality, which the NFL is actively appealing at this time.  It was a good move for Tom.

An arbitrator did in fact reduce Hardy's suspension from 10 games to 4. Hardy had the ability to take that result to Federal court and attempt to get it reduced to zero.  He and his legal team declined (wisely so) to go that route.

That is the difference.

An arbitrator refused to reduce Brady's 4 game suspension at all.  Not a single game. Brady had the ability to take it to Federal court and get it reduced to zero.  He took that course and after a grueling experience, had it vacated on technicality, which the NFL is actively appealing at this time.  It was a good move for Tom.

An arbitrator did in fact reduce Hardy's suspension from 10 games to 4. Hardy had the ability to take that result to Federal court and attempt to get it reduced to zero.  He and his legal team declined (wisely so) to go that route.

That is the difference.

As informative as ever ColtsBlue! Thank you for summarising that in an easy to understand way.

1. There is nothing wrong with guns, just the opposite in fact, if more people owned and carried guns legally there would be far fewer mass shootings.
  2. Strippers are not something I indulge in (especially since I got married) and I wish those girls had more pride in themselves so they didn't think they had to act like that but if you condemn a video for having strippers in it, you would have to condemn: most rap videos, just about all 80's hair band videos, most modern country music videos, circ de soleil, the majority of disney teen movies and 90% of the shows on ABC.
  3. As to the comments about Brady's wife, she's a fashion model (basically a highly paid, more respectable stripper), if she gets offended at guys looking at her then she should not be a fashion model.

Its the fact that he is already in trouble and should just not try to be a focal point.

I liked DFree a lot but he doesn't fit thr 3/4 scheme. Too small for Dline and a liability as LB. His specialty is pass rushing and is not very good at run stopping. His heart is Dline, at the KC game a couple of years ago I saw him during pregame warmups working with the DLine. Mathis was working with LB's.

I'm not really sure if I understand the reason for this post.  One Freeney played OLB in a 3-4 for the chargers for the last couple of years.  And in 2014 even though he only got a few sacks he was 3rd among OLBs in QB hurries (only Kerrigan and Houston had more).

Additionally, I don't think Chad72 envisioned anything for Freeney other than coming in on passing situations and putting his hand in the dirt and rushing the QB.

Its the fact that he is already in trouble and should just not try to be a focal point.

Phooey.  The guy is scum because he beat and choked his girlfriend and therefore not worthy to remain a member of the human race let alone on a football team.  But to act like the guy is bad because he made a bad video or because he made some rude comments is just assinine.  or to knock him because after getting in trouble he doesn't bury his head in the sand hide from the world is pretty lame.

An arbitrator refused to reduce Brady's 4 game suspension at all. Not a single game. Brady had the ability to take it to Federal court and get it reduced to zero. He took that course and after a grueling experience, had it vacated on technicality, which the NFL is actively appealing at this time. It was a good move for Tom.

An arbitrator did in fact reduce Hardy's suspension from 10 games to 4. Hardy had the ability to take that result to Federal court and attempt to get it reduced to zero. He and his legal team declined (wisely so) to go that route.

That is the difference.

This has nothing to do with what I was saying.

200_s.gif

Nah, it's just not that easy.  It's easy for the fans, they don't have to deal or put up with it on a daily basis. For teams, coaches and F.O., it is a big concern, in many areas.  Carolina paid Hardy 13.1 million dollars to play 1 game.  One!   Now the Cowboys set up a low base contract full of incentives that can add up to 13.1 million dollars.  Their thinking is maybe they can bypass the bonus pay etc... and just issue game checks based upon the % of the base 750 grand if Hardy ends up in trouble and placed on the Commissioners Exempt list..  But it's not clear if the NFL/NFLPA have determined if bonuses are included in pay or not for exempt list players. In addition, coaches and front office try to remove the 'head case' guys from the team and also the draft list.

“I think every organization is careful about that,” Gettleman said at the NFL Scouting Combine. “This game is too hard. There are 53 guys and you’ve got all these coaches, all these personnel people, everybody’s working.

“Who wants a ticking time bomb? So I don’t think it’s going to change. Every organization I’ve ever been with that has gone into the draft and you talk about the background stuff, they’ll stay away from the guys that have character issues and the potential to continue those issues. This is too hard to have to worry about that.”

This was the Panthers GM...   They had 10% of their cap sitting on the exempt list. The NFL teams, not just Panthers and league office suits, are concerned about these players on their rosters.

So unless you write specific clause in the contract nullifying all pay if players goes on Exempt List, (maybe not even CBA legal to do) then you could still be in a financial quandary if you risk a player like that. Now start adding others on board like La'el Collins, McDonald, Incognito, Rice, etc...

I agree with with the vast majority of your post CBFL, but Ray Rice is a good guy who just made a horrible mistake. I don't condone domestic violence under any circumstances. However, Ray's not a sad excuse for a human being to me like Ritchie Incognito is with his crude locker room hazing in Miami or his inappropriate sexist comments to that NY Jets intern/employee IMO. I'll be honest here. I like the Ravens organization & since Ray has been such a good community leader in Baltimore for years, I just refuse to believe he's a monster. Ray loves his wife & baby girl. He went thru counseling, he will never forgive himself for harming the mother of his child, & he's a good man who deserves a shot at redemption to me. I will always defend his resurrection & rebirth so I don't place Rice in that throw away category. He's the exception that defies the rule. 

Speaking of DUMB: 

^be careful, bad language^ 

Exactly Lollygagger. I'm speechless. "What you see is what you get" What do I see? Okay, I'll play along Greg. A domestic abuser, a fool who doesn't grasp the gravity of what he did, a man who cannot sing, & a man who pays off a former fiancee because he refuses to pay the pipper & go to prison for almost killing a woman you claimed to have once loved, & it's mo rons like this that give black men & athletes a bad name. If it were up to me, you'd never play professional football again. I have zero respect for you Greg Hardy. Athletic talent should never give a person who almost committed a homicide a 2nd chance to make millions of dollars. 

Mr. Hardy is a passer rusher who doesn't deserve a high standard of living to me not after you nearly choked to death your fomer soulmate man. What a piece of...

You haven't followed the thread. Maybe you're not paying attention.

So therefore, by that line of reasoning if an elite athlete is supremely gifted on the field they can do whatever they want off the field simply because they are game changers & make their owners a boat load of money thru ticket & merchandizing sales? Seriously? Hardy is not a gladiator in the days of the Roman Coliseum with women & luxurious food draped at his feet jb95. 

You still are lost as to what's going on. What ever dude.

Superman is 1 of our most intellectual & sharpest commentators on the forum so you'll forgive me if I respectfully disagree with your assessment of his mental faculties.  If he's lost, then I'm adrift in an abyss of nothingness & bewilderment then. Care to enlighten us all with your wisdom then? Because I fail to see what Superman is missing. He seems right on point to me, but I will listen to whatever you have to say though. 

So therefore, by that line of reasoning if an elite athlete is supremely gifted on the field they can do whatever they want off the field simply because they are game changers & make their owners a boat load of money thru ticket & merchandizing sales? Seriously? Hardy is not a gladiator in the days of the Roman Coliseum with women & luxurious food draped at his feet jb95. 

Superman is 1 of our most intellectual & sharpest commentators on the forum so you'll forgive me if I respectfully disagree with your assessment of his mental faculties.  If he's lost, then I'm adrift in an abyss of nothingness & bewilderment then. Care to enlighten us all with your wisdom then? Because I fail to see what Superman is missing. He seems right on point to me, but I will listen to whatever you have to say though. 

All I've said is that Hardy makes enough money for the NFL that someone is going to pick him up, and who cares if he is a " off of the field? That is absolutely no reflection on the franchise he plays for, it's not the Dallas Hardy's. If anyone truly cared for what he did off of the field, he would not be playing. And for his suspension to be, before it was reduced on either side, (or after) even remotely in the sphere of someone who doesn't beat his wife, but skirts around the rules, proves my point. Professional athletes aren't the pope, there is ZERO reason for people to give a rats butt what he does off of the field unless it affects the team in a negative. The Panthers thought so, the Cowboys didn't.

In the legal, U.S. judicial system, technically correct.  He was found guilty by a NC Judge, and Hardy appealed for a jury trial, which was his right.  before the jury trial began, Hardy and Holder settled out of court.  At that point, the accuser no longer was interested in pursuing the case and evaded the NC prosecutors until after the trial date.  Since the accuser did not show to help present her case, it was dismissed.

But, the NFL sued NC for access to the full testimony and 7 relevant photographs introduced at the bench trial that were not part of the police investigation.  The NFL based all of their punishment to Hardy based upon that, not the outcome of Hardy buying his way out of a guilty verdict.  That is why he was suspended for ten games without pay after being paid by the Panthers some 13 million dollars for playing in just 1 game.  Harold Henderson reduced that to 4, saying ten was too much considering the new policy just being enacted set it at 6. But the meaning is the same-  The NFL no longer cares what the courts say, they can perform their own investigation, and dispense discipline accordingly.   If you don't like it then appeal, and even go to a Federal judge about it.  Brady did, and it was in his favor in Federal Court (vacated).  There was no way on this green Earth that Greg Hardy was going to take his full case out into Federal court just to reduce his 4 game suspension to zero games.

Ok. Thanks for the info man. I didn't know all that. I knew it was some weird technicality under the North Carolina law. Yeah I always wondered why he was going to be suspended after being acquitted. I just never could get that you know. Thanks for the info man.

All I've said is that Hardy makes enough money for the NFL that someone is going to pick him up, and who cares if he is a " off of the field? That is absolutely no reflection on the franchise he plays for, it's not the Dallas Hardy's. If anyone truly cared for what he did off of the field, he would not be playing. And for his suspension to be, before it was reduced on either side, (or after) even remotely in the sphere of someone who doesn't beat his wife, but skirts around the rules, proves my point. Professional athletes aren't the pope, there is ZERO reason for people to give a rats butt what he does off of the field unless it affects the team in a negative. The Panthers thought so, the Cowboys didn't.

You are wrong, it most definitely reflects on the franchise and many people do (and many more should) care about what the players do off the field.  And IMO it takes a pretty sick, moronic individual to want to excuse a guy beating and choking his girlfriend just because he may get a few sacks for your favorite football team.

In a lot of ways I agree with you man. Greg Hardy may be a *. If he actually did this then it was totally messed up. But at the same time one bad choice does NOT necessarily define a person. A lot of people make mistakes. And everyone deserves a 2nd chance (You know, unless you murder somebody or something). And nobody deserves to be judged before the facts come out. People have no idea what happens between a man and a woman during a domestic. Greg and his girlfriend are the only people who know what truly happened. Honestly he may not have done too much of anything. Or he may have done everything he was accused of. Who knows. The fact is he deserved another chance. And I don't care about him making comments like he did the other day. Was it stupid? Yeah very. But it wasn't bad enough for him not to be playing in the NFL. And people made a bigger deal out of that than it needed. And seriously now days anytime any player does a thing off the field everyone just starts hating them with a passion. Look at a kid like Josh Gordon who smokes a little weed. Poor kid cant even play this year because of the drug policy. Most likely 75% of the players do some type of recreational drug. Just most are smart enough to not get caught. IMO. The league needs to stay out of players personal lives as much as possible. Especially for stupid stuff like smoking weed. People want to let on like Josh Gordon and Justin Blackman are just these awful thugs for smoking weed. And it takes away from the game when you suspend a player over stupid stuff like that. I want to see those guys play on Sunday.  Also, look at the Jonathan Martin thing. I'm sure you agree with me on this. This is a man's league. In sports, sometimes a young guy gets picked on a little you know. Big deal. Incognito is just a good ole boy you know. I wouldn't care for him to be a Colt. I wish he was. He's just a jock like me or you. But now days its like "in style" and cool to be soft and its not cool to be tough. And I cant stand that personally. Jonathan Martin should have been ashamed to come out and say a teammate was bullying him in the locker room. Whatever happened to being a man and being tough? I'm sure if he had man'd up he and Incognito would be best friends by now. But that's just my two cents. Like I said now days its cool to be soft and tell on somebody LOL.

OK, then explain in detail exactly what you are saying, or I'll have to take it what you are saying has no relevance.

{"Why do you think Brady almost ended with the same suspension despite not beating his wife? Don't accuse me of not paying attention"}

'Actually it is because both were charged incorrectly but not near the same, and then like one was reduced and the other was not, so it was like almost the same,  but then it was reduced, and then like they weren't again.'   :scratch:  :hairout: /sarcastic rant off