Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Philip Dorsett and Coby Fleener MIA today?

bap1331

I don't mean to be sarcastic but fantasy football has little to do with the NFL. Fantasy football is exactly that.

but they use REAL yardage stats.... do you really not understand that? I simply took your statement at your word and asked a follow up question.  I won't make that mistake again.  And no, you weren't sarcastic, you simply posted something that was false.   They don't count as catches if they are overturned with penalties or some other reason, in Football or Fantasy Football.  

but they use REAL yardage stats.... do you really not understand that? I simply took your statement at your word and asked a follow up question.  I won't make that mistake again.  And no, you weren't sarcastic, you simply posted something that was false.   They don't count as catches if they are overturned with penalties or some other reason, in Football or Fantasy Football.  

So how many points did you get from Fleener from his blocking? You want to get your feathers ruffled over this? The name of the thread is Fleener MIA and he was not MIA. There are other aspects of playing football than scoring. As far as fantasy football I more than likely have played a lot more of that than you have. I have played FF for over 25 years and currently am in 60 FF leagues in ESPN, 2 in NFL.com and 2 in Yahoo. So maybe I understand a little more than your comment suggested? The relation of FF to real NFL is very small in a team concept. I have been in one keeper league for over 20 years with 8 of the original owners out of 10 still active.

They were hardly targeted or put on today much. Part of the game plan? I just wish Fleener wasnt so soft. He needs to be more aggressive and he can seriously be a top TE in this league. He plays like a 5'5 175 pound receiver but bigger than Gronk. LOL.

Gronk is bigger than Fleener by about 15-20 pounds.  I do agree Fleener doesn't have anywhere near the tenacity and toughness that Gronk does.  I'm sure Fleener would probably sit out due to some of the injuries Gronk had.  The Patriots are a tough, gritty, team that doesn't have fun at practice according to Reggie Wayne.  BB and the organization installed a much tougher philosophy into the Patriots than the Colts.  The city of Boston in general, as much as I hate to say it is vastly superior to the culture here in Indianapolis with regards to toughness.  That being said, I hope this team buckles up and actually gives the Patriots a good ride. 

Gronk is bigger than Fleener by about 15-20 pounds.  I do agree Fleener doesn't have anywhere near the tenacity and toughness that Gronk does.  I'm sure Fleener would probably sit out due to some of the injuries Gronk had.  The Patriots are a tough, gritty, team that doesn't have fun at practice according to Reggie Wayne.  BB and the organization installed a much tougher philosophy into the Patriots than the Colts.  The city of Boston in general, as much as I hate to say it is vastly superior to the culture here in Indianapolis with regards to toughness.  That being said, I hope this team buckles up and actually gives the Patriots a good ride. 

I have been to Boston and the New England area a lot over the last 30 years. I don't know where you get the idea that the culture or toughness superiority is above Indianapolis or the center of the country. There are more yuppies in the Boston area than just about anywhere I can think of. There are a lot more blue collar workers in Indy area and especially in Pittsburg than what the Boston area has to offer. Boston is the capital of white collar workers. I say that with all due respect.

I have been to Boston and the New England area a lot over the last 30 years. I don't know where you get the idea that the culture or toughness superiority is above Indianapolis or the center of the country. There are more yuppies in the Boston area than just about anywhere I can think of. There are a lot more blue collar workers in Indy area and especially in Pittsburg than what the Boston area has to offer. Boston is the capital of white collar workers.

I've lived in Indianapolis all my life and have seen more yuppies here than anywhere else unless you go to the west coast.  We have a very soft society and I've know more corn fed Indiana men and women than most.  Have you ever been to a Colts game??  It is absolutely sad with regards to fan complaining about other fans being to loud, ect.  Indianapolis isn't known as a tough city, but yet Boston is.  Not sure that the nation would agree with your comment. 

I'm true blue Colts, Pacers and IU all the way and I would hardly agree Indianapolis is a tough city. 

I guess I should correct myself.  I'm not saying Mass is a tougher state than Indiana.  Just city wise Indianapolis is a soft city. 

I've lived in Indianapolis all my life and have seen more yuppies here than anywhere else unless you go to the west coast.  We have a very soft society and I've know more corn fed Indiana men and women than most.  Have you ever been to a Colts game??  It is absolutely sad with regards to fan complaining about other fans being to loud, ect.  Indianapolis isn't known as a tough city, but yet Boston is.  Not sure that the nation would agree with your comment. 

I'm true blue Colts, Pacers and IU all the way and I would hardly agree Indianapolis is a tough city. 

I guess I should correct myself.  I'm not saying Mass is a tougher state than Indiana.  Just city wise Indianapolis is a soft city. 

Laid back is not soft IMO. I guess I mistook your meaning as to the people and I guess your were referring to the sports aspect. I can understand that. I no longer work due to age but when I did my job took me all over the US and seen some inner workings of a lot of people. The opinions of cultures varying from different areas of the US is mostly wrong or misinformed. That's a topic that is not often discussed in this forum and most people don't really think about. Good points both sides.

Laid back is not soft IMO. I guess I mistook your meaning as to the people and I guess your were referring to the sports aspect. I can understand that. I no longer work due to age but when I did my job took me all over the US and seen some inner workings of a lot of people. The opinions of cultures varying from different areas of the US is mostly wrong or misinformed. That's a topic that is not often discussed in this forum and most people don't really think about. Good points both sides.

Yeah I do agree, Indiana has some of the toughest blue collar people in the nation.  The city of Indianapolis itself isn't really known for being a tough, gritty city.  I guess it would be all in the eyes of the beholder though.  I've almost been in fights at Colts games with yuppies who are being overly intolerant of people being vocal at a professional sports game.  Indianapolis in general to me is a very soft city and I grew up in Zionsville a very small tough town, slowly turning into a town filled with yuppies,  :thmdown: .  Great town still just slowly turning into an uptight city when it used to be predominately county folk ala Carmel v 2.0.  That being said I do still love my town, the city of Indianapolis and the state of Indiana and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. 

We have pretty laid back fans at the games, when we are on Offense it is really quiet. I have been to at least 30 Colts games in my time since 1984. I usually go to at least 1 a year. We are pretty tame compared to some fan bases. I have been to a few Bears games too in Chicago because I have a group of friends who love the Bears so I generally go up North once a year and that fan base is rowdy.

So how many points did you get from Fleener from his blocking? You want to get your feathers ruffled over this? The name of the thread is Fleener MIA and he was not MIA. There are other aspects of playing football than scoring. As far as fantasy football I more than likely have played a lot more of that than you have. I have played FF for over 25 years and currently am in 60 FF leagues in ESPN, 2 in NFL.com and 2 in Yahoo. So maybe I understand a little more than your comment suggested? The relation of FF to real NFL is very small in a team concept. I have been in one keeper league for over 20 years with 8 of the original owners out of 10 still active.

Wow... you're off the rails.  You made an incorrect statement.  I questioned it.  Fact.  All the rest of the nonsense you're tossing up (and you're really sad effort to impress me with your ESPN fantasy team #'s...yikes is that lame) doesn't change anything.  You were wrong, I questioned it.  You're digging a hole deeper and deeper rather than just acknowledging you exaggerated his numbers.  The ESPN max team number, by the way, is 25 unless you're actually paying for it.  And when you have that many teams, you end up having nearly every player on both sides on one team or another so your results are pointless.  So the larger the number, the less I am impressed by your team totals.  Gosh, I bet you have teams doing really well.   And of course you have teams not doing so well.  You also must have way too much free time to attend to all those teams.  Some of us have jobs.  Next time just admit you're wrong or simply post facts.  

We have pretty laid back fans at the games, when we are on Offense it is really quiet. I have been to at least 30 Colts games in my time since 1984. I usually go to at least 1 a year. We are pretty tame compared to some fan bases. I have been to a few Bears games too in Chicago because I have a group of friends who love the Bears so I generally go up North once a year and that fan base is rowdy.

I arrived in Indy not long after the Colts, and was surprised by how quiet the fans were back then (especially compared with the dB levels today). Having been a Raiders fan in the past, I was accustomed to some pretty raunchy, raucous fans, so Indy was quite a surprise.  When the Colts would make a good play, the crowd would applaud politely. It sounded more like a symphony audience than a football crowd. Indy fans are a whole lot more vocal today, at least when the Colts are on defense, but still a lot more civilized than those in Oakland. 

Wow... you're off the rails.  You made an incorrect statement.  I questioned it.  Fact.  All the rest of the nonsense you're tossing up (and you're really sad effort to impress me with your ESPN fantasy team #'s...yikes is that lame) doesn't change anything.  You were wrong, I questioned it.  You're digging a hole deeper and deeper rather than just acknowledging you exaggerated his numbers.  The ESPN max team number, by the way, is 25 unless you're actually paying for it.  And when you have that many teams, you end up having nearly every player on both sides on one team or another so your results are pointless.  So the larger the number, the less I am impressed by your team totals.  Gosh, I bet you have teams doing really well.   And of course you have teams not doing so well.  You also must have way too much free time to attend to all those teams.  Some of us have jobs.  Next time just admit you're wrong or simply post facts.  

I guess it's over your head in relation to the name of the thread. Oh, by the way the limit for ESPN is 10, not 25.

I guess it's over your head in relation to the name of the thread. Oh, by the way the limit for ESPN is 10, not 25.

Apparently you're not playing on ESPN this year because the number this year is 25. I went 20-5 this week. Check it, you're WRONG again. 

Apparently you're not playing on ESPN this year because the number this year is 25. I went 20-5 this week. Check it, you're WRONG again. 

No I am not wrong. I have been playing in ESPN since 2007 and I renew my teams from year to year. So maybe you need not be so quick to call someone wrong. If ESPN has a different set up and you are limited to 25 teams that was something I didn't know. I play with the set up from 2007 and it hasn't changed.

No I am not wrong. I have been playing in ESPN since 2007 and I renew my teams from year to year. So maybe you need not be so quick to call someone wrong. If ESPN has a different set up and you are limited to 25 teams that was something I didn't know. I play with the set up from 2007 and it hasn't changed.

nerds-ogre.jpg

You can only have 25 free teams on ESPN. For your statement to be correct, you either are paying for 35, or you are playing under multiple names or you made the number up to "impress." 

No, you are WRONG... the limit for free teams on ESPN is 25. Beyond that they have pay leagues. I have the free limit of 25 teams.  You actually contradict your own quote where you say you have 60 teams but later insist the limit is 10. Both are incorrect. 

You can keep leagues going year to year, but they increased the free limit to 25 teams this year.  I have played several years as well and ESPN clear stated the limit on free teams is now 25 when you sign up for this year.  You have contradicted yourself and your facts are wrong. Perhaps you should read your own contradictory and incorrect statements if you can comprehend your own words.

You can only have 25 free teams on ESPN. For your statement to be correct, you either are paying for 35, or you are playing under multiple names or you made the number up to "impress." 

No, you are WRONG... the limit for free teams on ESPN is 25. Beyond that they have pay leagues. I have the free limit of 25 teams.  You actually contradict your own quote where you say you have 60 teams but later insist the limit is 10. Both are incorrect. 

You can keep leagues going year to year, but they increased the free limit to 25 teams this year.  I have played several years as well and ESPN clear stated the limit on free teams is now 25 when you sign up for this year.  You have contradicted yourself and your facts are wrong. Perhaps you should read your own contradictory and incorrect statements if you can comprehend your own words.

You don't have a clue as to how many teams I have. I do have 60 teams in ESPN. They are under 6 different names so Mr. Know It All is wrong.