Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Philip Dorsett and Coby Fleener MIA today?

bap1331

They were hardly targeted or put on today much. Part of the game plan? I just wish Fleener wasnt so soft. He needs to be more aggressive and he can seriously be a top TE in this league. He plays like a 5'5 175 pound receiver but bigger than Gronk. LOL.

They were hardly targeted or put on today much. Part of the game plan? I just wish Fleener wasnt so soft. He needs to be more aggressive and he can seriously be a top TE in this league. He plays like a 5'5 175 pound receiver but bigger than Gronk. LOL.

disgusted_gif_zpsa3cb3772.gif

Must

must not have seen him manhandle Clowney that one play

Soft when receiving the ball. Not in general.

Omg, smh

I just want to see the quick game. It's going to be interesting to see who NE keys on (I know we all assume it's going to be TY).

It will be harder for them to key with the way Gore is running. I'm just so excited to see us finally utilizing our play action game. Stopping the run is going to be Bellichicks main focus I think. The run game is a big key to why guys are wide open out there. Another thing I liked from last night is how we were taking those quick throws to Dorsett in the slot and then running fades over the top. We are going to give them a lot to think about next week I feel.

Dorsett had a catch I believe and missed on another route where he should have come back on the ball...

Fleener was out there I want to say most of the game and did a great job helping block.  He had a couple good catches in traffic and missed on an endzone pass that I thought should have been DPI.  Looked like the guy held his hands down to prevent the catch... but the refs were letting them play.

I agree with everyone else in saying Fleener's blocking has been very much improved and he is rounding out into a really good TE.

Dorsett had at least one catch and it was for an important first down towards the end of the game.

I'm not worried about him, he's made plays when called upon, hasn't had a lot of bad drops. . . He's just behind a lot of guys who have more experience then he does.  

Receivers often take a full year of being on the team before they can really hit their stride.  There is a lot to pick up.  Moncrief didn't see all that much action or that many receptions as a rookie either. 

Fleener just wasn't targeted that much today. . . it happens.  He had a big game against Jacksonville and it's possible that O'Brian just schemed to make sure that Fleener didn't beat them.  

I think this team shows the potential of this supporting cast.  Even with a guy who's mostly limited to underneath throws like Hasselbeck, they could still get it done.  

Good to excellent game by Fleener last night.  Anyone saying otherwise just didn't watch his role in the game (blocking) or doesn't understand the game.  I hated that we finally threw him the corner fade endzone route I've been praying for and it flopped due to uncalled DPI.  That was a flag; Fleener's hands where held down.  But I do agree slightly that he needs to use his insane vertical and go up and get that, regardless of DPI.  Only play I saw an arguable miss on by 80. 

Fleener caught 4 or 5 passes I believe. And calling him soft? You clearly wasn't watching him blocking tonight. He was anything but soft tonight.

Did he really have that many catches? I got zero points for him on my fantasy team this week... surely with that many catches he must have had more than 10 yards?

Did he really have that many catches? I got zero points for him on my fantasy team this week... surely with that many catches he must have had more than 10 yards?

2 catches for 9 yards. He wasn't nearly implemented in the game like he was on Sunday during Jax. (blocking) He nearly had a TD catch in the corner of the endzone that should have been defensive pass interference. Oh well.

Fleener is not soft i give the man credit he stood in there all game blocking Watt and Clowney and not only that, Last week he made some TOUGH catches in traffic and a few Tough plays dragging guys for first downs. He is coming into his own and deserves his credit. 

I just want to see the quick game.  It's going to be interesting to see who NE keys on (I know we all assume it's going to be TY).

Let them.  Moncrief seems to be coming into his own and if we can keep building off the success Andre just had, it won't matter who they key in on.  We just need to stay west coast oriented when Luck comes back.

Fleener is not soft. His blocking is also much improved.

Fleener and Allen were both a bit busy last night with things other than receiving.  The plan seems to have been to take Clowney and Watt out of the equation by doubling both of them much of the game. And guess what? It worked! The only time we really heard Clowney's name was when he was flagged for the facemask on Gore (and he also grabbed Coby's facemask just before he grabbed Gore's). 

They were rolling double teams with TEs on either side to contain Watt and Clowney, that is how we won the game. Fleener was busting his tails off blocking and did a fantastic job there.

However, Dorsett is a different question. He does not turn back fast enough and he definitely needs AJ to produce because I do not believe Dorsett is completely ready to read coverages. I am not holding it against him but the routes you can run with Dorsett are limited at this point as a rookie wide out.

I don't mean to be sarcastic but fantasy football has little to do with the NFL. Fantasy football is exactly that.

They were rolling double teams with TEs on either side to contain Watt and Clowney, that is how we won the game. Fleener was busting his tails off blocking and did a fantastic job there.

However, Dorsett is a different question. He does not turn back fast enough and he definitely needs AJ to produce because I do not believe Dorsett is completely ready to read coverages. I am not holding it against him but the routes you can run with Dorsett are limited at this point as a rookie wide out.

I know Clowney must feel bad, he was getting blocked one on one by a tight end!  Not supposed to happen, and probably won't happen anymore as he gains more experience.

I've been begging for the 2 TE set and flesh them wide all season and I finally saw it last night :-)  I'm a pleased fan lol.

Was you watching the same game as I was? Dorsett will have games where he don't get a lot of looks because he is a rookie. Fleener is far from soft. He played lights out the last two games.

This type of thing will be a weekly occurrence in this offense, so many mouths to feed. Andre's a prime example, he hardly touched the ball the first 4 games, and he had 2 TDs last night. As long as we win, I'm not gonna be too concerned about who gets the TDs. It does kind of suck that Moncrief got me a big fat goose egg in fantasy last night though LOL.