Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign QB Josh Johnson. Waive CB Shaun Prater

MTC

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure I trust Hasselbeck even going against the Jags D with our current OL..

Jags were in the top 10 in sacks last year

time to hope this is just a cautious move

Yeah, I'm sure they will continue to run the same O and Hasselbeck will probably be reminiscent of Kerry Collins.

Now it's time to be concerned. This is exactly why Matt is here though, for situations like this to play for a short term injury and hold down the fort. If he can win this game or maybe the next one if Luck is out he will be worth every penny the Colts paid for him over the years.

Expect to see a lot of the run Sunday.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• OOOps! "Edition" not "Addition", lol!  Mods please correct my faux pas.
    • I had actually never seen the specific comments about diabetes until this Destin article...or Part 1 of this Bob McGinn article for that matter. I knew some things were said though and Ballard didn't like it.   But now that I have read Destin's article and McGinn's article, I just don't agree with the narrative Destin is pushing here. He's trying to portray AD as a R1 talent who was unfairly treated by the rumor-mongering media, which caused teams to not draft him until R2.   But we all know it doesn't really work like that anymore. And McGinn's article has additional not-so-flattering comments from scouts during AD's Combine workout (not just his diabetes management or coachability). So we know a glimpse into what some scouts were thinking back as far as the Combine, which was well before McGinn even published this article in mid April.   The bigger picture for me is "man, that sure seems like a lot of discouraging comments from scouts." And McGinn didn't have an agenda...he just happened to have more material on AD Mitchell than others and he published it.         
    • I think I was wrong in my guess here. On later inspection, it seems like the more likely situation is that the part about his diabetes is still in this article, but it's just hidden behind a paywall.. 
    • That could have happened. Could have been a HIPAA issue too.   But I think the fact that these other quotes existed (even if they were put in later) adds necessary context to this situation. It wasn't just AD being the victim of some smear campaign that somehow heavily influenced NFL teams...as seems to be the narrative. Instead, there were also concerns among different scouts (assuming it wasn't one scout) about other aspects, including his Combine workout.   So we know what some thought...and we know what happened. 10 teams drafted WRs before AD. Yes, 3 of those WRs were going earlier than him no matter what, but 7 other WR-needy teams opted for other WRs. And even Ballard actually traded down with him on the board. It seems fairly safe to assume that NFL teams didn't have him as a R1 WR, or top 5 at the position, for reasons beyond a couple comments from anonymous scouts. 
    • Cardinals need to sweep the Marlins in their 3 game series.  At minimum win 2/3.   It's a chance they cannot mess up.
  • Members

• TigerColt

TigerColt 109

• Indeee

Indeee 1,857

• twfish

twfish 1,964

• davidshoff

davidshoff 1

Rookie
    • NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan 21,513