Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Let's give it up for Josh Thomas

GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE

We have the Jags at home next week. I would make sure Butler and Toler are 100% if they need another week this is the week. We need them to be healthy.

I know any given Sunday but we should handle the Jags at home.

.... not the way this team is playing. You can't say we'll "handle" any team

.... not the way this team is playing. You can't say we'll "handle" any team

it really pains me to agree with this when It seems so simple use same play sheet we use late in games for 4 quarters ...

but on topic kid player some good football made some very important plays

So where was the hole in our secondary? Every one of their receivers with atleast one catch managed to post 10 or more yards. And there was what, 8 or 9 players with one or more grabs? Not saying it was Thomas's fault, just curious on who they were exploiting. Where it went wrong. Because with numbers like those, seems like everyone let a few get by them.

Also, seems like Davis has been off his game as of late. But he's a monster, he'll work it out. I have faith.

So where was the hole in our secondary? Every one of their receivers with atleast one catch managed to post 10 or more yards. And there was what, 8 or 9 players with one or more grabs? Not saying it was Thomas's fault, just curious on who they were exploiting. Where it went wrong. Because with numbers like those, seems like everyone let a few get by them.

Also, seems like Davis has been off his game as of late. But he's a monster, he'll work it out. I have faith.

Davis has been getting called for ticky tack penalties (some real, others imagined), and then didn't get any love when DGB pushed off of him in the end zone. 

He's been a little up and down, but he blanked Sammy Watkins in Week 1. And then on the second to last drive of the game, he switched to Kendall Wright and locked him up, then switched to Delanie Walker on third down and locked him up. Davis is really good. But every DB gives up a play every now and then. His streak with no TDs allowed was really impressive in today's NFL.

We have the Jags at home next week. I would make sure Butler and Toler are 100% if they need another week this is the week. We need them to be healthy.

I know any given Sunday but we should handle the Jags at home.

Considering the expectations for this team, we should've "handled" the Titans, even at their place. I wouldnt put it past the Jags to come into Indy knowing we are in a slump and bringing the heat and pressuring Luck into more mistakes behind that God awful Oline..... Thats what I'd do.

no he hasn't been he's not a zone corner Manusky doesn't trust any of our other corners in man enough to blitz..that's why the Titans even got that close to tying this game we played zone and someone was open every time.

no he hasn't been he's not a zone corner Manusky doesn't trust any of our other corners in man enough to blitz..that's why the Titans even got that close to tying this game we played zone and someone was open every time.

Yep, we 100% need Toler back out there, like, now....

If we can get (a healthy) Toler back out there and Butler back to his nickel position i instantly feel so much better about our secondary....

All things considered though, Josh Thomas didnt do too badly considering he just stepped into the defense.

If there's one good thing coming from all of these injuries,

it's that once our starting 3 are back, we'll have some real depth having blooded Brown, Patterson, Thomas, etc.. They will have had starts under their belts, albeit 2 games. 

But 2 is better than 0 and we have a rough idea of what they can offer. At least the guys didn't get picked on as often as I would have expected.

Yep, we 100% need Toler back out there, like, now....

If we can get (a healthy) Toler back out there and Butler back to his nickel position i instantly feel so much better about our secondary....

All things considered though, Josh Thomas didnt do too badly considering he just stepped into the defense.

out of the corners he played the best zone coverage and did better in man than brown that being said we need toler back more than anyone

Thomas did great! We need to hang onto him.  

I'd like to see us go back to more man coverage instead of getting picked apart ALL DAY in zone coverage. 

I hope Lowery does this well when we use more man coverage. I hope he doesn't only excel in just zone. 

I still think we should've never given up Burley to Seahawks for a 6th, but that's old news.