Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pep Hamilton & Greg Manusky press conferences

TKnight24

Hamilton: Darrelle Revis. Understand he's really good football player, but we have guys that are good enough. They can win 1-on-1 matchups.

— Mike Chappell (@mchappell51)

September 18, 2015

Hamilton: Darrelle Revis. Understand he's really good football player, but we have guys that are good enough. They can win 1-on-1 matchups.

Can they?   They sure didn't do much of it last week.  And they won't be doing it against Revis.

There better be more of a scheme to help guys get open instead of simply relying on them to win there matchup one on one.

Todd Bowles on preparing for Andrew Luck: "Watch Buffalo Bills & Colts tape." #winning

lol

Bingo

Smh I really wanna pick us to win this game but just can't find the reason to do so

Hilton probably isn't playing, Luck is out here throwing the ball 18 straight times instead of running the ball, and now we only have 3 active CB's heading into this game

Smh, 0-2 is looking likely

I sure hope so. Hope Anderson builds off of his strong debut.

I think the pass rush will be better cause now it's actually rush the QB. I think too much emphasis was out on Tyrod Taylor scrambling so we played contain opposed to rush

Fitzpatrick is less mobile. I expect good games from Anderson & Walden

Hopefully Pep will make in-game adjustments against the blitz this week and actually run blitz beating plays.

He ran them last week, just never came back to them. The bubble screen worked, never came back to it

Screen pass where Luck missed Frank Gore wide open, never came back to that either

It really was just a god awful sloppy game by the offense. They really gotta bounce back

P.S. Someone tell Manusky stop putting Butler outside. Well, Butler may not even play so doesn't matter this week

Can they?   They sure didn't do much of it last week.  And they won't be doing it against Revis.

There better be more of a scheme to help guys get open instead of simply relying on them to win there matchup one on one.

I am not too sure our coordinators know how to scheme for specific players strengths and weaknesses based on what we have seen for the last 3 years.

Bingo

Smh I really wanna pick us to win this game but just can't find the reason to do so

Hilton probably isn't playing, Luck is out here throwing the ball 18 straight times instead of running the ball, and now we only have 3 active CB's heading into this game

Three active corners?

Vonte is one...    Butler is two....     aren't Brown and Price 3 and 4?

Tolder is out,   Smith is out.     Is there someone else out that I missed?

Three active corners?

Vonte is one...    Butler is two....     aren't Brown and Price 3 and 4?

Tolder is out,   Smith is out.     Is there someone else out that I missed?

Some are assuming Butler may not play with a hip issue I think.  He'll probably be there though

Three active corners?

Vonte is one... Butler is two.... aren't Brown and Price 3 and 4?

Tolder is out, Smith is out. Is there someone else out that I missed?

Butler

Toler

Smith

All didn't practice today. One more practice tomorrow since we're Monday night. If those 3 don't practice tomorrow, we're going into that game with 3 active CB's

He ran them last week, just never came back to them. The bubble screen worked, never came back to it

Screen pass where Luck missed Frank Gore wide open, never came back to that either

It really was just a god awful sloppy game by the offense. They really gotta bounce back

P.S. Someone tell Manusky stop putting Butler outside. Well, Butler may not even play so doesn't matter this week

I've noticed Pep has a habit of never coming back to plays that worked well.  It's odd to be honest, he(or whoever it is) has been doing that since last season.

It is odd. Especially for an NFL coach. That makes no sense for someone to not do what's working

You ever noticed that we get at least 5 to 8 yards every single time we run that toss sweep to the left and Pep never seems to run it again for the entire game it seems at time.  If he does it's maybe once or twice at the most.  That' just an example.

You ever noticed that we get at least 5 to 8 yards every single time we run that toss sweep to the left and Pep never seems to run it again for the entire game it seems at time.  If he does it's maybe once or twice at the most.  That' just an example.

Their excuse was that the Bills were crowding the line and daring us to run.  Which also means they felt that our receivers couldn't beat them in the short time Andrew had to throw.  

Well, Pep has to have plays ready to counter that defense this week, including that toss sweep.  A lot of coaches would run that play until it's stopped or the D starts overplaying it.  Then make them pay for having them out of position.

Their excuse was that the Bills were crowding the line and daring us to run.  Which also means they felt that our receivers couldn't beat them in the short time Andrew had to throw.  

Well, Pep has to have plays ready to counter that defense this week, including that toss sweep.  A lot of coaches would run that play until it's stopped or the D starts overplaying it.  Then make them pay for having them out of position.

I mentioned this in another thread, but can we honestly criticize Pep for the play calling when Andrew can change it to whatever he wants?  It could be it's Pep giving Andrew three lousy plays to choose from, sure, so no matter what Andrew chooses from, it will be a bad choice and we can blame Pep.

But as long as Andrew has cart blanche, I don't see how we can be so certain what Pep is calling.

I mentioned this in another thread, but can we honestly criticize Pep for the play calling when Andrew can change it to whatever he wants?  It could be it's Pep giving Andrew three lousy plays to choose from, sure, so no matter what Andrew chooses from, it will be a bad choice and we can blame Pep.

But as long as Andrew has cart blanche, I don't see how we can be so certain what Pep is calling.

We really don't know anything. We don't know the game plan going in, we don't know what's discussed on the sidelines, etc.. But if Luck is throwing too much it's up to the coaching staff to let him know.

But if Luck is throwing too much it's up to the coaching staff to let him know.

I agree.  Without saying so, it sounded like Pags and Pep were saying just that.  Gore as well when he talked about his success against 8-9 man fronts.  I think Andrew needs to run the ball more, no matter what the defense is trying to dictate.

Bingo

Colts rarely lose 2 in a row. They will be much better prepared, hungry, and at home. Colts win by 13. Book it. Remember this post.

Ok, I should've said "called blitz beating plays more than one time a piece" lol 

Luck HAS to find the open spot, when they blitz (They will)

To me this is mostly a timing issue

Luck didnt have it last week with his WRs

When they send 7 guys... someone is open

Luck needs to just slow down

We also need to run some draws and screens, (AND THEN BLOCK the second line) that will slow the blitzes down 

Bingo

we have 4 CB's TK...... not sure how they will do, but we have Davis, Brown, Price, and Patterson.