Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mayock has the Colts selecting...

Whoever Grigs picks, I hope he does NOT take pre-injured college players who turn into injury-prone NFL players...we had plenty of that from Na-Polian and not much of it worked.

I am not buying the pick at all.

I have a strong feeling Grigson will make a safe pick this year. 

According to his mock, at 29, Shane Ray is there. I would take him over a big o-lineman less than five months removed from an ACL injury anyday. What a mentor he would have in Robert Mathis. Rotational edge rushers, nice thing to have.

Hey.....Congratulations!!

You win an all-expense paid trip with first-class airfare to Trent Richardson's Hall of Fame induction.

Mayock....2012

Running Back

1. Trent Richardson, Alabama

2. Doug Martin, Boise State

3. David Wilson, Virginia Tech

4. Lamar Miller, Miami (Fla.)

5. LaMichael James, Oregon

:P

All of these analysts will be surprised if we don't go offensive line in the first round. That's all I've seen.

I agree.  A lot of them seem to be picking that way.  I wonder if there is scuttlebutt over the seriousness of Cherilous' injury that hasn't really been revealed yet?

That would change things.  Still, no team really needs to spend a 1st to find a RT.

Spend a first round pick on a player with unneeded LT potential, and a torn ACL, to play RT?  Brilliant.

How-not-to-draft 101.

What in the world does "unneeded LT potential" mean? Are you saying he's too good?

I don't like the pick because I'd like for our first rounder to actually play this season, and odds are Ogbuehi will be on PUP and then IR. But he's a really good prospect, so I don't understand your complaint.

I agree. A lot of them seem to be picking that way. I wonder if there is scuttlebutt over the seriousness of Cherilous' injury that hasn't really been revealed yet?

That would change things. Still, no team really needs to spend a 1st to find a RT.

I have never understood why people say this about any position really (outside kicker or punter maybe). If you need a quality LT you also need a quality RT in today's game. You have speed rushers on both sides or guys flip sides more now days. If you can get a quality RT at #29, you take that and run with it.

We have a solid LT and an elite QB already. 2 TE's that are above avg and all the wr talent a team can use in one season. We could upgrade at RG and only the team knows where Cherilous is with his knee. IMO, there are no super stud lb's or safety that is going to fall to us at #29 so if a high grade RT is there, pull the trigger and strengthen the online and Luck's time to survey goes up. Win

Hey.....Congratulations!!

You win an all-expense paid trip with first-class airfare to Trent Richardson's Hall of Fame induction.

Mayock....2012

Running Back

1. Trent Richardson, Alabama

2. Doug Martin, Boise State

3. David Wilson, Virginia Tech

4. Lamar Miller, Miami (Fla.)

5. LaMichael James, Oregon

:P

Everybody had Trent as the number one back.

I don't recall him being a controversial pick at the time.

If you're argument is that Mayock was wrong....   all I can say is....   everyone is wrong a fair amount of the time.   Comes with the territory....  

The reason Ogbuehi was Mayocks pick, and why I have seen him moving up the board quickly is he was projected as one of the top picks before the ACL because of his athletic ability. Many of the Guards and Tackles in this draft are not really gifted with those light feet like Ogbuehi. Many feel he will be a very solid pick, and I would have no problem with it.

I suspect you already know this....   but your view on Flowers is in the extreme minority....

I don't think it's an unpopular opinion that Ogbuehi is a more talented player than Flowers.

i also don't care for Flowers i think he's a lazy selection and don't think he'd be that great of a pick plent of Tackle prospects who are much better in run blocking and pass protection he shouldn't be a first round pick IMO and i would not consider my opinion in the extreme minority at all your very much mistaken many posters i've talked to feel there are much better more valued prospects that could be had at #29

Everybody had Trent as the number one back.

I don't recall him being a controversial pick at the time.

If you're argument is that Mayock was wrong....   all I can say is....   everyone is wrong a fair amount of the time.   Comes with the territory....  

It was a joke not an argument. :)

That's why I tagged this feller on it >>> :P

i also don't care for Flowers i think he's a lazy selection and don't think he'd be that great of a pick plent of Tackle prospects who are much better in run blocking and pass protection he shouldn't be a first round pick IMO and i would not consider my opinion in the extreme minority at all your very much mistaken many posters i've talked to feel there are much better more valued prospects that could be had at #29

First,  some punctuation would be appreciated.   There's not a period or comma in the never ending sentence.

Second,  your source for your opinion is that other posters agree with you.

Seriously?     You think your opinion is right because other posters agree with you?

I don't think it's an unpopular opinion that Ogbuehi is a more talented player than Flowers.

Unpopular with who?

Kiper and McShay at ESPN favor Flowers over Ogbuehi

Mayock, Zierlein, Jeremiah and Brandt favor Flowers over Ogbuehi

CBS Sports favors Flowers over Ogbuehi

Sports Illustrated favors Flowers over Ogbuehi

The only media outlet I found that favored Ogbuehi was.....          Bleacher Report.

Your view seems popular here on this website.    You've done a nice job of poisoning the information well on him for months.

First,  some punctuation would be appreciated.   There's not a period or comma in the never ending sentence.

Second,  your source for your opinion is that other posters agree with you.

Seriously?     You think your opinion is right because other posters agree with you?

sorry bout my grammar let me put it bluntly for you i dislike Flowers and others do as well have a nice day :hat: